RP Smash [OOC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

I'd be down for having some concrete numbers to look at. It'd really sell that smash bros feel since - unless you're playing Game & Watch - your moves don't really do different amounts of damage each time you use them.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I'm down for stats. Those are useful for getting a good idea over how your character should perform in what situations.

I'd almost prefer a number system, even if it's about as effective as a vague stats system, it would at least make allocating what those stats should be a lot easier.

I agree with all the above. A stat system would make this whole thing much less ambiguous, and much easier to quantify. I honestly don't care if it's full stats and how they factor in, or just a loose description of each player's abilities, how much damage they can do, etc. As long as we have something a little more substantial than your judgement alone. Because that judgement can be swayed. Not to say I don't trust you, C, but while Mauvache is a god(dess?), you're only human, mate.

A thought I had was to have people come up with an idea for basic damage for their attacks.

As in how much damage each of their various attacks do as a default. Without taking into account how sturdy the opponent is, the environment (such as if the attack hits them against a wall), where the hit landed (assume center of mass), and so on.

And then I can look over and discussion can be had to see if it makes sense or not.

[spoiler=Unedited App]
Name:Aros
Partners: Max Goof and Huey, Dewey, And Louie Duck.
Keyblade: Kingdom Key similar to that of his father Sora's but changes with each world.
Appearance:Looks a lot like Sora except his eyes change with his mood and his Hair is red like his mother Kairi's.
Bio:Aros was born in the future after Sora and Kairi settled down when everything had blown over with the heartless. But when things went wrong in the past King Mickey decided it was best for Aros to go back once he finished training with Merlin. Sora, Kairi, Uncle Riku, Donald, and Goofy were there to see them off. Mickey, Donald, and the Fairies from Sleeping Beauty (who didn't age) Sent Aros back in time to when the battle began...

Source: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/186516-kingdom-hearts-tournament-of-the-many-worlds-started-accepting-via-pm/

Considering this App is from the desolate waste land of YCM 7 YEARS AGO! I will be just posting a new one that follows basic procedure a bit more (I'm assuming since I haven't actually joined an RP in said 7 years...)

[spoiler=Fancy New-Fangled SHINY App]

Name: Aros

Weapon: Keyblade, a weapon that takes the shape of various Keys based on Disney and Final Fantasy lore. In default it... looks like this [spoiler= Picture] FNZB2LCH5JVXUTS.RECTANGLE1.jpg

It can appear and disappear at will but is usually always in hand during a battle.

Appearance: Similar to THIS character (His father when he was younger) [spoiler= Picture] HD_Sora_6%E2%98%85_KHUX.png

except with flaming red hair. His eyes are a technicolor Hazel that match his moods. He's about 5'6"-5'7" with an acrobatic athletic build.

Personality: Aros is a fire starter. He thinks extremely highly of himself because of his parentage and lets people know about it. This quick wit and sharp tongue are only matched by his quicker blade.

Abilities: The keyblade is a weapon that can unlock any door. In doing that it can unlock the full potential of it's wielder as well. Aros has gained significant prowess in movement making him quite the acrobat. He is able to gracefully control his movements through the air to attack enemies from above (or at their height if significantly taller. He knows light magic spells of various intensity including Fire (a fireball) Blizzara (three hail chunks) and Thundaga (A barrage of lightning bolts from above). He is also quick on his feet able to slide to meet an enemy as if friction doesn't exist as well as roll to dodge enemy attacks. He is also ambidextrous and able to switch his weapon to the opposite hand if necessary.

Bio: Aros was raised in a dream. His parents had long ago fought in a terrible war that they were not able to succeed in. Ultimately Kingdom Hearts fell to Xehanort and he held true power over the Disney/Enix multiverse. But the King had prepared for this. Using technology first created by Ansem the Wise Mickey was able to save young Aros in a stasis pod. This pod combined with methods taught to him by his master Yen Sid, Mickey was able to Dream Drop with the boy for many years, honing his abilities with a keyblade. The truth was that Mickey mouse was no stranger to the mysteries of Space and Time. When it was appropriate the boy would be sent back before the Third Great Keyblade war to stop Kingdom Hearts falling to the hands of the enemy. The plan however hinged on the child's ignorance to the full power of the darkness. It hinged on Xehanort (now immortal) not finding out that the boy was even born. The son of a Princess of Light and the Keyblade's chosen held a power far too great and terrible to relinquish. The power to unite light and darkness. So Mickey's vast memories in the realm of Sleep provided all of the worlds and adventures that Sora, Kairi, and Riku had embarked. Their hearts, in essence, were present here. So Aros was able to live in a world that never was. Until something happened, that forced Mickey to send a boy that was still not ready, back through the timestream, to save the worlds.

[spoiler=Unedited App]

Name:Aros

Partners: Max Goof and Huey, Dewey, And Louie Duck.

Keyblade: Kingdom Key similar to that of his father Sora's but changes with each world.

Appearance:Looks a lot like Sora except his eyes change with his mood and his Hair is red like his mother Kairi's.

Bio:Aros was born in the future after Sora and Kairi settled down when everything had blown over with the heartless. But when things went wrong in the past King Mickey decided it was best for Aros to go back once he finished training with Merlin. Sora, Kairi, Uncle Riku, Donald, and Goofy were there to see them off. Mickey, Donald, and the Fairies from Sleeping Beauty (who didn't age) Sent Aros back in time to when the battle began...

Source: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/186516-kingdom-hearts-tournament-of-the-many-worlds-started-accepting-via-pm/

Considering this App is from the desolate waste land of YCM 7 YEARS AGO! I will be just posting a new one that follows basic procedure a bit more (I'm assuming since I haven't actually joined an RP in said 7 years...)

[spoiler=Fancy New-Fangled SHINY App]

Name: Aros

Weapon: Keyblade, a weapon that takes the shape of various Keys based on Disney and Final Fantasy lore. In default it... looks like this [spoiler= Picture] FNZB2LCH5JVXUTS.RECTANGLE1.jpg

It can appear and disappear at will but is usually always in hand during a battle.

Appearance: Similar to THIS character (His father when he was younger) [spoiler= Picture] HD_Sora_6%E2%98%85_KHUX.png

except with flaming red hair. His eyes are a technicolor Hazel that match his moods. He's about 5'6"-5'7" with an acrobatic athletic build.

Personality: Aros is a fire starter. He thinks extremely highly of himself because of his parentage and lets people know about it. This quick wit and sharp tongue are only matched by his quicker blade.

Abilities: The keyblade is a weapon that can unlock any door. In doing that it can unlock the full potential of it's wielder as well. Aros has gained significant prowess in movement making him quite the acrobat. He is able to gracefully control his movements through the air to attack enemies from above (or at their height if significantly taller. He knows light magic spells of various intensity including Fire (a fireball) Blizzara (three hail chunks) and Thundaga (A barrage of lightning bolts from above). He is also quick on his feet able to slide to meet an enemy as if friction doesn't exist as well as roll to dodge enemy attacks. He is also ambidextrous and able to switch his weapon to the opposite hand if necessary.

Bio: Aros was raised in a dream. His parents had long ago fought in a terrible war that they were not able to succeed in. Ultimately Kingdom Hearts fell to Xehanort and he held true power over the Disney/Enix multiverse. But the King had prepared for this. Using technology first created by Ansem the Wise Mickey was able to save young Aros in a stasis pod. This pod combined with methods taught to him by his master Yen Sid, Mickey was able to Dream Drop with the boy for many years, honing his abilities with a keyblade. The truth was that Mickey mouse was no stranger to the mysteries of Space and Time. When it was appropriate the boy would be sent back before the Third Great Keyblade war to stop Kingdom Hearts falling to the hands of the enemy. The plan however hinged on the child's ignorance to the full power of the darkness. It hinged on Xehanort (now immortal) not finding out that the boy was even born. The son of a Princess of Light and the Keyblade's chosen held a power far too great and terrible to relinquish. The power to unite light and darkness. So Mickey's vast memories in the realm of Sleep provided all of the worlds and adventures that Sora, Kairi, and Riku had embarked. Their hearts, in essence, were present here. So Aros was able to live in a world that never was. Until something happened, that forced Mickey to send a boy that was still not ready, back through the timestream, to save the worlds.

Alright I am going to have to try and word this right hmm...

Appearance: I am not one to veto canon character images but I will say I feel a bit weird that his son just looks exactly like him with hair color change and weird eyes. I could get over it just...odd

Personality: That...doesn't tell me much. I can't really determine how I feel about the character and how they'd fit in with that much.

Abilities: This is really vague and thus I can't tell if it's too powerful or not.

Bio: I do not understand what is going on...also it doesn't really say anything about how he was actually raised or what caused him to be the way he is idk.

Basically I just don't get much of a grasp of what kind of character this is and what I do see is kind of cliche and/or confusing ^^;

• 2 weeks later...

I want everyone still interested in this RP to post here. And not only that but I want some show of interest. Something that makes me feel better about it. It's a more casual RP but it has stalled for too long.

Also Champion, Yui, Nai, Skaia. I don't have enough to do a full post so I will just put it here.

An hour after the others started their fights (so 2 PM) will be the time for your fights. I give permission to start the fight while the others are doing theirs as long as you all keep in mind that they are happening AFTER the first two fights. So try and wrap up what you're doing now and then move on to this.

The fights will be

Elijah vs Angela

Xia vs Aurora

Andx I still want to know if you're interested or not.

I want ALL of you to update your logs in the Database btw, some of you are quite a bit behind. Remember it gets harder to do the more time you wait between updates.

Also an announcement. I made a thing. Basically it's a chart for me to track relationships and renown for each of you.

The idea is that the maximum is 500. I decided this would be a good number to be able to advance slowly but also have some semblance of progress.

I won't say specifically what gives or takes points away but it'll be fairly obvious. And of course not every interaction will give/take points and not just interacting will increase or decrease points.

The general idea is that every 50 points either way is when a major "change" would take place. Every point, positive or negative, changes how people think of you slightly but that's when the really big differences are.

How the chart will go (I will post a link to the spreadsheet here and in the OP of the Database) is like this.

First column will be PCs. I want all of you to let me know if you're fine with the numbers I put up for these in specific. If anything big happens you feel should change how your character feels about other PCs let me know but otherwise I will try and keep it up to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Second column will be NPCs. Even just meeting an NPC once will put them on your list even if you don't have point change. And a note is that after every 20 a new column will be added so that you don't have to scroll down to see them all.

Third column will be Mauvache and Renown. Mauvache is treated similar to an NPC but different in key ways. Renown is general popularity. Gained and lost by various things such as entertainment in battles, interviews and other public things, and general attitude of your character.

Look it over and if you have any questions or concerns let me know. I made this at midnight so could have made mistakes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m-KQaIQSwtr-Ue5C02SzwoiOPUHRoZw39H6dS1QQxE0/edit?usp=sharing

(Note each character has a different tab)

I am admittedly not very interested these days and haven't been for quite some time. But I imagine that's been fairly apparent.

However I feel that's largely on me for hardly interacting with the others most of the time outside of the fight. And with that being the case it feels wrong of me to quit without having done much of anything to try to have fun with things

So I'm gonna try again to get into this. Or at the very least get to a point where Caleb can more easily and naturally slip out of things and let someone else take his place to keep the whole 8 man thing balanced.

• 3 weeks later...

JhYrgjQ.jpg

I AM NOT PLEASED

I invited you to partake in the glory of my magnificent Arena and this is what I get? Lackluster emotion and failure to communicate?

Well no more

Starting tomorrow it will have been seven weeks since Caleb vs Tesability started and what have we to show for it? The fighters only just barely have met in battle. I do not fault Tayla for this. And Andx himself has shown the shame for his performance thus far. But it has been nearly three weeks since his words of repentance.

This is NOT okay

I know this is meant to be laid back. This is supposed to be fun and entertaining for all. But I just can not let this go on in such a way. One week from today if Andx does not show that he can keep this rolling (be it via posts or a collab document) he will be ejected from this RP.

And he is not the only one

I have been kept up to date of the progress of the match between Elijah and Angela, which will have reached two weeks tomorrow.

And it is not satisfactory

From what I have heard the fight has barely started and Nai has had difficulty contacting Champion about this. I, too, am having troubles on this front. Which should never be the case. In an RP that relies on communication I refuse to have someone who can not keep up communication.

And so if I do not within the week have some assurance that you won't continue to have difficulty in this you, too, will be kicked from this RP, Champion.

BUT THAT IS NOT ALL

I must say I am disappointed in the showing of the last fight, Xia versus Aurora, in the extreme. Both Yui and Skaia I know are people who are able to be dedicated and easy to get a hold of.

And you two are directly friends as well

And yet the progress is slow

I know there is some reasoning for some slowdown on Yui's part but I know you have more than enough time to get at least more progress than I have been informed of.

And so once a week has passed I will evaluate how both of you have been doing at contacting each other, writing, and keeping me informed.

And if, by next week, if I am unsatisfied with either of your performances you too will be kicked from this RP

Do I make myself clear?

I can only tolerate so much before I break. I like to think I'm a patient woman. I've waited a long time for my grandest of creations, this Arena, to be realized. However enough is enough. I must at least have communication. And signs that progress is being made.

Do not fail me again

[spoiler=OOC]Note that, while I am bothered, this is an exaggeration from the perspective of Mauvache herself. I really do want people to communicate more and at least give me some show that the fights are being progressed. It is extremely upsetting to see an RP I love being stalled by something that can be solved fairly easily. Remember there are two others waiting to join this RP as well and if I HAVE to I WILL replace people. I really, REALLY, don't want to though.

Hey all! Sorry, HC, I can explain. I've been a bit occupied the past few days preparing for today, which was my first day of senior year. I've got an important couple of months ahead of me, and it may slow me down a bit. Also, signing into Skype was oddly prevented on my home laptop, so communicating there was not an option, but I'm sorting out all these issues by the time you read this message. Thank you for your relative patience on the matter. I honestly thought I already mentioned this, but clearly not. My mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

I would just like to publicly apologize for how slowly that battle went. That was my fault, and there is no excuse for it. I told myself I would get better at managing my time and obligations and it is not as easy as I thought. I will do all I can to improve in the immediate future. Thank you all for your patience and again, I'm sorry for the speed at which I'm moving or, rather, the lack thereof.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my lovely RPers. I only just realized that I can actually come here in person. I couldn't exactly pass up that opportunity, could I?

Sadly I have not much to say. But I will take note that, while I am in this realm, I will not be in Prana. If you have need of contacting me you will have to leave a message.

But I am always watching.

Archived