RP Smash [OOC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

Posting here to make it official but the Fighter portion of the relationship chart (ya know the..."Aria dislikes Cyan this much" and so on) will from now on be more reliant on you guys. Basically tell me if a particular scene or action makes your PC like/dislike another PC more. Don't do this for every interaction but it'd be easier and I'd feel less weird doing it that way. Best to do it via Skype message (or save it all up till end of day and PM me)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@

@@Alaina

@@ChampionZero

Once @@VCR_CAT posts for Aria getting ready for her fight I'm thinking of starting your battles (which would technically be an hour after the other ones start, at 1, since they finish at 2) so we don't lag behind too much. If that's an issue let me know.

• 2 months later...

I don't know what to do about this RP anymore. Three weeks and there has been a single post. And it's not like it was hyper active before that.

However I can't just have people push past what they're doing. In an RP like this where the plot comes from what the characters do it would make no sense to skip scenes to "move us along". It would defeat the purpose of this RP entirely. Perhaps I could skip over some stuff in the hopes that it sparks more life but I'm unsure that'd actually help.

Basically I don't know if the fire has burnt out. I don't want to drag around a corpse if that's what this is. And while I could kick a couple people/people drop on their own volition if I do it too often it ruins the RP as well.

Though I will say that Drew, Champ, if the fight isn't over by end of the month I'd like you to decide on a result and whoever can just wrap it up asap do so.

I had a dream for this RP. That people would be able to do all sorts of things you normally couldn't do with your characters. That the players would go around and find things for themselves, with of course getting whatever they need from me, to do and be able to explore their character in a rather unusual setting. That dream is not dead yet but it's certainly taken a heavy blow. Often this RP has been a source of frustration where I realized that I was unable to do anything to get people interested in doing things.

Depending on how everyone feels about the RP I might have to cut our loses. I don't want another failure in my portfolio as it were but...It sometimes feels like that's the truth I have to accept.

If you want to carry on I will. I don't give up easily. And after all.

EEs8fXl.jpg

The show must go on

I can't speak for the others, but I can speak for myself when I say that I want this to keep going. I like this crazy, crossover mess of a game and it's amalgamation of mismatched characters. It's fun, it's wacky, I love it. But you're right, it moves really really slowly and some of us are a bit lacking in energy. I chalk that up to school on my part, despite always checking for an opportunity to update the fight, or a response to my posts, or ANYTHING to get me away from my real-life baggage. But if it's time, it's time, and I don't like it one bit.

I think we should all weigh in on this and see what everyone wants before we come to a conclusion.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other. Took some time to consider my stance on if the RP should live or die, and concluded that I'm not really leaning toward either one. If the RP continues, you have my sword (er, icicle), but if it gets shut down, that's simply the way the cookie crumbles.

• 2 months later...

Okay so this time for real.

I will need y'all to post here if you are in or not. I planned on waiting until the day was done but for a couple reasons I want to have it said now.

One being I want to be able to have time to decide if it's worth finding more people and how many I'd need to find.

@@VCR_CAT

@@Yui

@@ChampionZero

@@Reptilious

@@Tesability Black

@@Alaina

@@Maeriberii Haan

@

Some of you are obviously still interested but want to make sure just in case anyway.

Please post if you're still wanting to be in it. If there's no post here by the end of the month I will assume you're not interested.

Alsoooo....I made a Discord chat. Let me know if that works better than Skype for you in your post...if you're still interested in the RP of course.

As much as I hate to do this.

Champion and Tayla are hereby officially kicked from the RP.

The next day IC we will have 2 new characters. The explanation IC is that Tesability is proven too dangerous to the equipment and Elijah decided to focus on acting.

Maybe. MAYBE if you come back before the IC day ends and can convince me you'll be more active and such then I might make an exception. I don't want to lose people but after a week of no comment it's difficult not to.

I understand completely. All things considered I should have updated you guys on my whereabouts, but I did not, and there is no excuse for my carelessness. To clarify: I was at freshman orientation, which only ended this past Friday, and I was VERY worn out afterwards. As I said, I should have mentioned my absence beforehand, not after the fact: it's not an excuse for my unexplained silence.

I want to be clear that I did enjoy my time here, and you guys gave me an excellent chance to give my character some much-needed use in RP, since the RP he was made for never went anywhere in the first place. I only wish I could have stayed longer. That said, I won't try and argue that I should stay. As the GM, it's ultimately Cow's call as to who stays and who goes, and as a player I can only respect their decision and move along with it. Thank you for the opportunity, and sorry for the mess.

Hoping we play together again sometime,

Elijah.

I understand completely. All things considered I should have updated you guys on my whereabouts, but I did not, and there is no excuse for my carelessness. To clarify: I was at freshman orientation, which only ended this past Friday, and I was VERY worn out afterwards. As I said, I should have mentioned my absence beforehand, not after the fact: it's not an excuse for my unexplained silence.

I want to be clear that I did enjoy my time here, and you guys gave me an excellent chance to give my character some much-needed use in RP, since the RP he was made for never went anywhere in the first place. I only wish I could have stayed longer. That said, I won't try and argue that I should stay. As the GM, it's ultimately Cow's call as to who stays and who goes, and as a player I can only respect their decision and move along with it. Thank you for the opportunity, and sorry for the mess.

Hoping we play together again sometime,

Elijah.

Maaaan you're making me feel bad. ^^;

I did enjoy your posts while you were here. I want to be sure you know that. I hope this doesn't make you shy away from RP in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

The post header says that this is accepting. What are the conditions?

Well it's in the OP

"To any wondering about the "Conditional". There will be 4 spots for characters that come in later. So it's okay to still post an app but know there's even less slots now and they'd have to wait if they were accepted."

Sorry for not reading the clear message on the OP!

Here's my character from this RP. I made some minor changes to his weight, as his previous weight made him very overweight rather than the lithe figure I intended. I also haven't done this RP thing in 6 years, so please forgive if I'm more than a little rusty.

[spoiler="Heikichi, Typhoon of Zaun]

Player Name: Otaku-sama

Character Name: Heikichi

Character Color: Purple

Character Height: 4' 10"

Character Gender: Male

Character Weight: 95 lbs.

Character Picture/Physical Description: Pale skin, very thin frame. His eyes are a distinct violet that are reminiscent of rich silk. Heikichi's purple hair is long enough to touch the ground and catches the wind as he flies about. It is kept out of his face with a large gold ring which keeps it in a ponytail. Heikichi wears minimal clothing as it impedes his ability, wearing only a pair of canvas shorts, a belt for his weapons and a pair of cloth shoes. Heikichi carries a pouch full of steel bladed darts that catch the wind, allowing him to control their flight like a swarm of flies.

Character History: Heikichi's heritage is shrouded in mystery. Althought Heikichi claims he has knowledge of his parents, refuses to divulge any information on them. He starts his story at age 7 at the orphanage of the city he lived in. Heikichi was left at the door of a decrepit orphanage, which promptly rejected him and forced him onto the streets.

The streets were no kinder to Heikichi as it was to its criminals; Heikichi was forced to steal from fruit stalls and pickpocket the city-folk to survive. Due to his constant theft, he drew the ire of both the city guards and the gangs who ruled the streets, which saw the gold and fruit he stole to be rightfully theirs. Heikichi learned of his ability to control the wind when running for his life when the gangs decided they had enough of him, harnessing the wind to allow him to jump great heights and eventually fly.

Realizing that he was not like other people, he decided he would free the city from the tyrants who ruled it. He stole from the greedy bourgeoisie and gave the money to those in need, he defended shops against the gangs’ protection racket and arranged the escape of many innocent prisoners. Through his actions, he gained the favour of the city-folk, but at the cost of being the most wanted criminal in the entire city. Despite his skill at escape, he was eventually caught and sentenced to death by beheading by the elite of the city.

However, at the day of execution, the city-folk revolted against the current ruler of the city, saving Heikichi. Once freed, Heikichi played an invaluable role in freeing the city of Zaun from rule of the Red Queen’s officials and establishing it as a free city state. Despite the great victory and the praise of all the people in the city, Heikichi realized that now he had accomplished his goal, there was nothing left for him. He left the city and became a wanderer, helping the poor wherever he went.

Character Personality: Heikichi is very jovial and charming, often trying to befriend those he meets. He is very generous to the poor, but he does not enjoy getting praise, preferring to give when the recipient is not looking. Although he is generally even-tempered, making fun of his height does annoy him a great deal. He does not enjoy combat, but when he is forced into it, he often tries not to kill his opponents, instead going to pressure points to induce unconsciousness.

Character Powers: Heikichi can control the air with his thoughts, bending it to his will. By controlling the air, he often floats just above the ground instead of walking. He can also use his power over the wind to fly, create concussive pressure waves, summon small twisters and even create localized weather by moving clouds. He can also use his powers to guide his darts to the weak points in the enemy’s armor. Heikichi is also agile on his feet and can perform acrobatic maneuvers both on land and in the air. When in close quarters combat, he strikes at pressure points to painlessly disable his enemies.

Short Roleplayer Skill Check: Heikichi lifted the hood from his travelling cloak as he entered the tavern. He hated the thing; it was itchy and bulky, but the temperature dropped dramatically at night and he would be very cold without it. Walking up to the bar, he took a seat on one of the stools, drawing the eyes of some of the patrons. His size always attracted attention.

“A pint of ale please” Heikichi said simply, dropping a pair of coins on the bar. The barkeeper looked at Heikichi with a curious expression, producing an ale for what he thought was a child. Heikichi took the tankard and drained it without putting it down.

“So, what brings one as young as you to these parts?” the barkeep asked as he cleaned his tankards.

“I’m a wanderer, I go where the wind brings me,” Heikichi said simply, staring at the bottom of the tankard. He had travelled quite a distance today and he wasn’t really in a talking mood.

“Is that so…” the barkeep asked rhetorically, returning to his menial task. The tavern was quiet, only the sound of a snoring drunk in the corner could be heard. As Heikichi was about to ask for a room, a group of four large men brandishing weapons walked into the bar.

“Hey barkeep! Where’s the money?” the largest of the group asked.

“I haven’t got any. This place has been dead for the past month,” the barkeep replied, trying to keep his cool.

“Don’t try to be all smug with us! We know you’re holding out on the boss! Hand over the gold or we’ll break your face!”

Heikichi turned to face the thugs with an amused expression.

“Ooh, who called in the Lollypop Guild? Trying to act all tough when you outnumber everyone in this tavern,” Heikichi mocked, hopping off the stool.

“Get out of our way kid or we’ll send your crying to your mama!” one of the thugs shouted back.

“You know what, I like it here, I’d rather not.”

The thugs looked at each other, trying to make sense of the kid standing up to armed thugs.

“Alright kid, we’ll teach you’re a lesson on manners,” the biggest thug said, taking out his sword and flipping the nearest table out of the way, scaring away the sleeping drunk. The barkeeper had taken refuge under the bar. As the gang approached, Heikichi simply stood his ground with a smile on his face.

As soon as one of the thugs charged, Heikichi threw off his riding cloak, blinding the nearest thug. With a fluid motion of his hand, he sent a pressure wave into the thug’s knees, making him fall flat on his face. The largest thug swung his sword at Heikichi, destroying the tables around him. Heikichi avoided the slashes with ease, then countered with a palm strike to the thug’s face, followed with a flip over the thug’s head and a kick in the back of the knee, knocking the thug to the ground. A spear wielding thug jabbed at Heikichi, who sidestepped the spear and jumped onto the shaft and kicked the thug in the face. The only thug still standing managed to grab Heikichi’s hair, but Heikichi summoned a breeze that sent his hair into the thugs eyes and mouth, causing him to stagger to spit it out of his mouth.

Heikichi turned to inspect his work. The thugs were getting up and were beet red from anger. All at once, they charged at Heikichi.
“They never learn,” Heikichi said to himself before flipping over the thugs at the last possible moment. With lightning speed, he struck at six critical pressure points in each thug’s neck. As he landed, the thugs became wobbly on the feet, then fell to the ground unconscious. Heikichi dusted himself off and collected his riding cloak. The barkeep poked his head from behind the bar, then slowly stood up.

“Wha- How did you…” the barkeeper stammered.

“Don’t worry about it. You might want to call the guards before they wake up,” Heikichi replied.

“How can I repay-“

“Have a drink on me.”

Heikichi flipped a coin back to the barkeep, then left the tavern, taking care to step over the unconscious thugs.

Sorry for not reading the clear message on the OP!

Here's my character from this RP. I made some minor changes to his weight, as his previous weight made him very overweight rather than the lithe figure I intended. I also haven't done this RP thing in 6 years, so please forgive if I'm more than a little rusty.

[spoiler="Heikichi, Typhoon of Zaun]

Player Name: Otaku-sama

Character Name: Heikichi

Character Color: Purple

Character Height: 4' 10"

Character Gender: Male

Character Weight: 95 lbs.

Character Picture/Physical Description: Pale skin, very thin frame. His eyes are a distinct violet that are reminiscent of rich silk. Heikichi's purple hair is long enough to touch the ground and catches the wind as he flies about. It is kept out of his face with a large gold ring which keeps it in a ponytail. Heikichi wears minimal clothing as it impedes his ability, wearing only a pair of canvas shorts, a belt for his weapons and a pair of cloth shoes. Heikichi carries a pouch full of steel bladed darts that catch the wind, allowing him to control their flight like a swarm of flies.

Character History: Heikichi's heritage is shrouded in mystery. Althought Heikichi claims he has knowledge of his parents, refuses to divulge any information on them. He starts his story at age 7 at the orphanage of the city he lived in. Heikichi was left at the door of a decrepit orphanage, which promptly rejected him and forced him onto the streets.

The streets were no kinder to Heikichi as it was to its criminals; Heikichi was forced to steal from fruit stalls and pickpocket the city-folk to survive. Due to his constant theft, he drew the ire of both the city guards and the gangs who ruled the streets, which saw the gold and fruit he stole to be rightfully theirs. Heikichi learned of his ability to control the wind when running for his life when the gangs decided they had enough of him, harnessing the wind to allow him to jump great heights and eventually fly.

Realizing that he was not like other people, he decided he would free the city from the tyrants who ruled it. He stole from the greedy bourgeoisie and gave the money to those in need, he defended shops against the gangs’ protection racket and arranged the escape of many innocent prisoners. Through his actions, he gained the favour of the city-folk, but at the cost of being the most wanted criminal in the entire city. Despite his skill at escape, he was eventually caught and sentenced to death by beheading by the elite of the city.

However, at the day of execution, the city-folk revolted against the current ruler of the city, saving Heikichi. Once freed, Heikichi played an invaluable role in freeing the city of Zaun from rule of the Red Queen’s officials and establishing it as a free city state. Despite the great victory and the praise of all the people in the city, Heikichi realized that now he had accomplished his goal, there was nothing left for him. He left the city and became a wanderer, helping the poor wherever he went.

Character Personality: Heikichi is very jovial and charming, often trying to befriend those he meets. He is very generous to the poor, but he does not enjoy getting praise, preferring to give when the recipient is not looking. Although he is generally even-tempered, making fun of his height does annoy him a great deal. He does not enjoy combat, but when he is forced into it, he often tries not to kill his opponents, instead going to pressure points to induce unconsciousness.

Character Powers: Heikichi can control the air with his thoughts, bending it to his will. By controlling the air, he often floats just above the ground instead of walking. He can also use his power over the wind to fly, create concussive pressure waves, summon small twisters and even create localized weather by moving clouds. He can also use his powers to guide his darts to the weak points in the enemy’s armor. Heikichi is also agile on his feet and can perform acrobatic maneuvers both on land and in the air. When in close quarters combat, he strikes at pressure points to painlessly disable his enemies.

Short Roleplayer Skill Check: Heikichi lifted the hood from his travelling cloak as he entered the tavern. He hated the thing; it was itchy and bulky, but the temperature dropped dramatically at night and he would be very cold without it. Walking up to the bar, he took a seat on one of the stools, drawing the eyes of some of the patrons. His size always attracted attention.

“A pint of ale please” Heikichi said simply, dropping a pair of coins on the bar. The barkeeper looked at Heikichi with a curious expression, producing an ale for what he thought was a child. Heikichi took the tankard and drained it without putting it down.

“So, what brings one as young as you to these parts?” the barkeep asked as he cleaned his tankards.

“I’m a wanderer, I go where the wind brings me,” Heikichi said simply, staring at the bottom of the tankard. He had travelled quite a distance today and he wasn’t really in a talking mood.

“Is that so…” the barkeep asked rhetorically, returning to his menial task. The tavern was quiet, only the sound of a snoring drunk in the corner could be heard. As Heikichi was about to ask for a room, a group of four large men brandishing weapons walked into the bar.

“Hey barkeep! Where’s the money?” the largest of the group asked.

“I haven’t got any. This place has been dead for the past month,” the barkeep replied, trying to keep his cool.

“Don’t try to be all smug with us! We know you’re holding out on the boss! Hand over the gold or we’ll break your face!”

Heikichi turned to face the thugs with an amused expression.

“Ooh, who called in the Lollypop Guild? Trying to act all tough when you outnumber everyone in this tavern,” Heikichi mocked, hopping off the stool.

“Get out of our way kid or we’ll send your crying to your mama!” one of the thugs shouted back.

“You know what, I like it here, I’d rather not.”

The thugs looked at each other, trying to make sense of the kid standing up to armed thugs.

“Alright kid, we’ll teach you’re a lesson on manners,” the biggest thug said, taking out his sword and flipping the nearest table out of the way, scaring away the sleeping drunk. The barkeeper had taken refuge under the bar. As the gang approached, Heikichi simply stood his ground with a smile on his face.

As soon as one of the thugs charged, Heikichi threw off his riding cloak, blinding the nearest thug. With a fluid motion of his hand, he sent a pressure wave into the thug’s knees, making him fall flat on his face. The largest thug swung his sword at Heikichi, destroying the tables around him. Heikichi avoided the slashes with ease, then countered with a palm strike to the thug’s face, followed with a flip over the thug’s head and a kick in the back of the knee, knocking the thug to the ground. A spear wielding thug jabbed at Heikichi, who sidestepped the spear and jumped onto the shaft and kicked the thug in the face. The only thug still standing managed to grab Heikichi’s hair, but Heikichi summoned a breeze that sent his hair into the thugs eyes and mouth, causing him to stagger to spit it out of his mouth.

Heikichi turned to inspect his work. The thugs were getting up and were beet red from anger. All at once, they charged at Heikichi.

“They never learn,” Heikichi said to himself before flipping over the thugs at the last possible moment. With lightning speed, he struck at six critical pressure points in each thug’s neck. As he landed, the thugs became wobbly on the feet, then fell to the ground unconscious. Heikichi dusted himself off and collected his riding cloak. The barkeep poked his head from behind the bar, then slowly stood up.

“Wha- How did you…” the barkeeper stammered.

“Don’t worry about it. You might want to call the guards before they wake up,” Heikichi replied.

“How can I repay-“

“Have a drink on me.”

Heikichi flipped a coin back to the barkeep, then left the tavern, taking care to step over the unconscious thugs.

One of the issues I have with this is his fighting seems rather similar to our own Angela. Other than that...I dunno, he seems like he'd be an awkward fit into something like this overall. I could just be looking at it harshly because we've had several drops/kicks from the RP recently but I may need some convincing.

That being said even if it does get accepted it'll be....a really long wait. Since there's 2 slots open but one person already ready to fill it and a second...well, that one technically could be replaced but also plans are already underway. So it'd be quite some time before he can actually join the cast.

Oh that's fine, I can understand not wanting overlapping characters. In my excitement to join, I forgot to check what the other players brought to the table. In fact, I have found another one of characters that I believe would fill a role not yet filled by the others: a big brutish warrior with a big axe. Here's a different character, which I got from this RP:

[spoiler=Hroki Windfall]

Name: Hroki Windfall

Age & Sex: 31, Male

Personality: Driven and unwavering in his pursuit of justice, he is an intimidating man to be around. His voice has a natural booming quality to it and commands respect even from the lowliest of thieves. He is a rather simple man, not appreciative of anything he deems impractical, which includes arts, science and philosophy. He can be very bigoted at times, especially when the person arguing against him is someone who he deems weak, often calling them "milk-drinkers." However, he does have compassion for all people. By principle, he will not strike an opponent when they are downed or are unable to fight any longer. His honor code is enforced by him at all times and expects everyone around him to know and honor it. However, despite these short comings, he is a man of character and enjoys reveling with his comrades, especially when mead is involved. Those who fight alongside him are sure to be invited to sing and tell tales of their battles over a pint of drink.

Appearance: 6' 4", pale skinned, heavy and muscular frame. His blonde hair comes down from his head in messy plaits, matching his short beard. His blue eyes are small, but show a fierceness that would scare off an angry bear. He has many scars all over his body from battles past, and Hroki is quite proud of them, willing to tell tales about how he received each one. One rarely sees him wearing anything but his battle armor. His armor is rather light, mostly consisting of studded leather, with a thin steel breastplate that is so heavily damaged it looks wholly unable to protect him. His steel helmet is a medium helm, covering most of his head but leaving most of his face open. The center piece of his silhouette would be his imposing battleaxe. Standing almost as tall as he, the axe is very heavy and unwieldy for anyone who has not trained with two handed weapons, and even then it is still heavier than most battleaxes. It has only one cutting edge, but the blade is wide and always kept sharp enough to hack through the toughest armor. Hroki wields his axe effortlessly in battle, often being used in wide, sweeping attacks or in furious blitzes where Hroki swings it faster than anyone would expect such a heavy weapon to be able to.

Background: Raised by a military man and a farmer, Hroki was always a rough and tumble kid. He would always be the first of the neighbourhood boys to start fights with sticks. As soon as he was of age, he left his parents to join the army. He proved to be an unruly soldier, often breaking rank to take the fight to the enemy. Whatever qualms his superiors had with his insubordination were made up with his vigor in battle. His face was feared by many enemies of the Empire, but due to his superiors' lack of control over him, he was only promoted up to sergeant. When the chaos theory occurred, Hroki quickly found himself a target for execution and was nearly captured many times. However, through pure determination and strength, he fought countless mercenaries and bounty hunters and managed to find some peace in the hamlet of Hrang. There, with little money to his name, he became a mercenary, killing or roughing up shop owners to get enough money for his axe and his mead. He knows little of the Cube or what cause the crisis, and he cares little about it. As long as he can fight good fights, drink good mead and sing with his brothers, he cares little of what happens.

Power: His power manifests in a visible ice blue aura that radiates from his body when he is in battle. The more damage he inflicts and receives, the stronger the aura becomes. Anyone within his aura will be filled with a will to fight, both friend and foe, giving them increased strength and damage resistance. Although he rarely notices himself doing this, he can focus his aura to different parts of his body and his weapon to make his blocks tougher and his blows heavier. He can also focus his aura into shout of pure fury. This shout can stagger and even knock off the balance of even the sturdiest of foes and inspires fear and cowardice in his enemies. However, the stronger the aura is present in his battles, the more stamina it takes out of him. He doesn't feel the effects until after the battle and are usually combatted with copious amounts of food and drink.

Side: Cube

I'd imagine having a brutish, masculine and simple character making an interesting foil to all the feminine and animeish characters already in the roster. Also, since he is from a more traditionally fantasy/D&D setting, we could play off the differing tropes between Eastern and Western storytelling. Let me know what you think.

I don't mind waiting. All of the other RPs are already full and not accepting under any circumstances, so either way I have to wait.

Archived