Ren✧

OD08bnV.png

OOC

Lip’s calves burned as he ran across the upper deck of Aether International’s headquarters. The midday sun beatdown on top of him, soaking his shirt with sweat and his lungs burned fiercely with the exercise. He whipped his head wildly to the side to glance behind himself, a panicked gleam in his eye and a crazed smile on his face. “You won’t catch me!” He shouted, or really more like wheezed. He was quickly running out of steam.

Not paying attention to where he was going, the boy nearly collided with a woman carrying an armful of…something. Lip was moving too fast to see what it was. He only narrowly missed disaster with some fancy footwork, pivoting quickly and spiraling around the very startled woman. “Watch where you’re going!” She half-heartedly called after him, but Lip had already ducked inside the doors, his exit sealed with a pneumatic hiss. 

Careening through the halls, he passed agents and researchers, classrooms and laboratories. People inspected him with varying degrees of anger, surprise, and amusement. Lip didn’t seem to notice. Under his breath he huffed: “You…won’t…catch…me.” A silent, Not again, accompanying the statement. No, he refused to be caught again. The mantra beat itself against his eardrum, nestling like fire in his chest. 

Lip rounded the corner into an empty hallway. He paused, the wild smile falling from his face. His eyes darted between the doors that lined either side of the hallway. Three on the right. Two on the left. Each of them identical. Pure white. Automatic, no doubt. He felt his heart beating, keeping time like an accelerated stopwatch. He had to make a decision. Second door on the right. It opened with the same pneumatic hiss. 

The room was empty. He remember seeing a memo on his father’s desk that several refugees were being ‘Relocated’. Or, as his father liked to called it: ‘Exiled’. This must have been one of their rooms. Sad, but it meant that he was sa-

Turning around, Lip let out a shout of surprise, pinwheeling his arms before falling flat on his ass. Floating just above him was a pink, feline-esque Pokemon with its head cocked to one side. “Awww! I thought you wouldn’t catch me this time!!” 

“Mew?”

“You were not right on my tail the entire time! I almost lost you!!” Lip grabbed Mew, giving her a good-natured bear hug.

“Mew. Mew.”

“Whatever, next time I’ll-,“ Lip stopped mid sentence, sensing something change in Mew’s emotions, “What is it?”

“Mew.” Lip let Mew go. She floated to the toward, pressing her ear against it. Lip moved to follow her. Lip could hear distinct voices from outside it, voices he recognized. It was Chancellor Marino and Colonel Guerrera, their voices heated.

“Yes, Colonel I understand your position, but I am not just going to give you the green light to do what you want.”

“For f***’s sake Abi, don’t you think it’s about time to stop relying on superpowers and…and magic!” 

It sounded like the pair had stopped in the hallway. An argument between the Chancellor and Colonel was a common sight on base. The fact that they had moved it to a private hallway, however, that meant it must be something serious.

“I’m relying on my agents, Colonel.”

“You mean like Agent Jameson? Or Velazquez? What about Agent Vega?” The Colonel shot back, causing Lip’s heart to catch in his throat. They were arguing about his dad. He strained his ears to listen harder. “Have you heard from him since his comms went offline? How many of your special agents are you willing to lose ’til you realize that I. am. right.” Lip could hear the heavy boot falls signal the Colonel’s exit.

It wasn’t typical of Colonel Guerrera to walk into combat-and-tactics training late. It was unheard of, actually. However, no one mentioned the time when his boots fell on the floor. They just lined up next to their sparring mats and stared front-and-center. It was pretty apparent he was upset and no one wanted to get caught in the wake of that storm. Best case scenario, he made you shoot target practice through dinner. Worst case scenario, his Krookodile, Ozymandias, always snoozed in the training room and no one could tell whether or not he was joking about feeding the people that annoyed him to it. 

“Training as usual. One hour of combat sparring, then two hours of target practice.” The Colonel noticed that a couple of the illustrious Guardians were in this session. Well, good on them, he supposed.

Lip listened to the Chancellor mumble something beneath her breath, the wall’s to thick for him to make it out. He listened to her take a few steps, trying to decide what to do. He could feel that Mew thought doing anything was a bad idea. They weren’t supposed to be here, after all. And they definitely weren’t supposed to hear that conversation. 

“It’s my dad.” Lip said before opening the door. Mew blinked out of sight, thought Lip could still feel her hovering just over his shoulder.

The Chancellor was several paces down the hallway, her back turned to him. She had paused her stride, hearing the soft hiss of the door opening. “My dad’s in trouble?” Lip asked. His voice more hollow than he had intended. 

When the Chancellor turned to face him, she was her normal picture of composure. Though Lip thought he saw a shadow pass just beneath her eyes. She could give the appearance of invulnerability, but surely things like this had to affect her.

“You knew he was on a mission.” She answered routinely.

“That’s not what I asked.” He replied. “Ma’am.” Thinking better of himself. 

Her hard expression softened. “He and the rest of his team stopped transmitting their location soon after we lost contact with them, but we are handling the situation.”

“He told me he was just doing a supply run.” Lip found himself unable to look up from the floor. 

“Yes, well even those have a way of going south.” A silence fell between them and it was pretty obvious that the Chancellor despite all of her poise and expertise didn’t quite know how to handle this distressed teenager.

“Send me after him.” Lip replied suddenly.

“Excuse me?” 

“Send me after him. Me. Mew. The other Guardians. We can handle it.”

“Absolutely not. You’re not ready. None of you. The UBs would stop at nothing to pick off such key assets.”

“But-“

“End of discussion.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Lip complied, crestfallen. 

“I’m sorry, Lip. I will update you as the situation develops.” With that the Chancellor left. 

A soft pop signaled Mew’s reappearance. She nuzzled Lip’s face, trying to comfort him. “Mew, mew. Mew, mew.”

“I know, but we have to.” Mew flicked her tail anxiously. She really didn’t like what Lip was planning to do. 

[spoiler=OoC]

And so the adventure begins! I am very excited about this RP, maybe more excited than any RP I’ve hosted thus far so I hope you are excited as well. So what are you to do with your character now? Your character obviously has to be AI HQ, but aside from that there aren’t a whole lot of restrictions. I put that scene of Guerrera walking into the training session to give you all some more options if you were at a loss on what to do right off the bat. 

Some more things to know about HQ, it is not the exact same island that you explored in S/M. It has been modified some. 

1F: The outdoor portion of the 1F is colloquially called “The Pavilion” and makes up the foundation for most of the floating island. The Pavilion is quite large and is a common place to sit outside and eat lunch. Several morning exercise classes are held outside. There is a track that circles the entirety of The Pavilion with a circumference of a mile. The inside of the 1F houses no residential rooms and is mostly all storage or managerial offices. Everyone comes down to the 1F to get food from the cafeteria.

2F: This is the Conservation Area. It is a monitored area, but open to all. This area tries to provide a little more of an authentic outdoor setting. No Pokemon battles can take place here, but Pokemon are encouraged to interact and play.

3F-6F: This is mostly residential housing. On each floor there are several small gyms, laundry rooms, and work rooms. There a couple offices/labs spread out amongst the rooms, but for the most part it’s a residential space. The rooms are pretty much the same. Some are made for one bed, some for two. All come with a single bathroom attached. No kitchen.

7F: This floor is off-limits to most. It is filled with research facilities and labs. It is also where the Command Hub is. 

ROOF: They’ve got a landing pad for the few aircraft they have. They’ve also got a few aircraft down on The Pavillion

B1F: This is the docks. Boats as well as land-roving vehicles are stored here. It’s also where the bulk of the storage takes place.

B2F: This is still the “Secret Lab” area. It’s even more exclusive than the 7F. Only the Co-Directors, their special team, the Chancellor, and a few others are allowed to go down here.

B3F: This is the containment level. Rarely used. It too has exclusive access.

The Coliseum: The Coliseum is connected to the main island by a bridge. It is secluded to avoid damaging the rest of the compound. It consists of an elaborate Pokemon Training arena and a separate training area for humans that wish to train in combat, including a firing range. 

Alright guys, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. 

"Snack time!" Lin cheered happily from the Conservation Area. A tiny golden ring formed in front of her and a bunch of berries fell out of ring into a pile. A small, genie looking Pokemon hovered over the pile.

"Come on! Get 'em while they're fresh!" it said grabbing a few berries for itself. All of Lin's pokemon and any others quickly dove in grabbing their favorite berries. Lin grabbed a Pecha Berry for herself and ate happily with her Pokemon.

"Another successful berry raid, thanks to our friend Hoopa!" Lin cheered before going back to her Pecha Berry. A sudden commotion caught her Xatu's attention as it was finishing a Chesto Berry. "Hm? What's wrong Sentry?" Lin looked to where Sentry was looking to see Lip bolting it through the area and deeper into the HQ, with Mew tailing behind him.

"He sure has a lot of energy... Too bad he's wasting his time trying to run from Mew." Hoopa said with a sly grin.

"Which reminds me... Once everyone's done eating, who wants to play some hide and seek?" Lin's Pokemon cheered at the idea. It would be a nice way to pass the time and who knows, maybe someone would want to join in.

iOWGTvO.jpg

zsipNZO.png

Quinn took a deep breath in, and held it for a moment.  The day was new, and the weather was particularly nice on the conservation floor.  He sat at the edge of one of the many lakes here, dressed only in a alolan themed bathing suit.  He let the breath slowly slip away from his mouth, as the rod in between his hands stood stalwart, unwavering.  Of course, he wasn't planning to catch anything today, he never tried here.  It was more for relaxation than anything else by now.  In the same source of water where he fished, a familiar face sat atop of a rock.  

It was Wimpy, his Golisopod.  It sat in a classic meditation pose.  This was Wimpy's routine now too, they had both gone through the motions here at the Aether International HQ, and now it was just time to relax.  Quinn wasn't the best trainer here, he knew that for sure.  Hell, he was probably the worst guardian out of all of them.  It was such a wonder why Lugia had chosen him...he wasn't anything special.  Quinn sighed...he often thought about the reasons why he was chosen...maybe it was dumb luck.  No...luck wasn't the right word for it now was it?  

Quinn shook his head, and snapped himself out of the melancholy trance.  What was he doing dwelling on those weird emotions.  There was nothing for him to be depressed about...at the moment.

*Bloop*

That was a familiar sound...the sound of his lure bobbing on the surface of the water.  He had a bite?  Quinn tried his best to reel in the catch slowly, trying not to hurt any of the pokemon who lived in the conservation area.  However, the force tugging at the lure was strong...twice as strong as he was.  The only thing it could've been was...

*SPLASH*

Quinn was dragged into the water with the force of a great typhoon.  He was then face to face with his own Golisopod.  Wimpy stared at him, as if he was angry with his trainer.  Suddenly, it flicked Quinn on the forehead with it's large claws.  Quinn held the mark that was quickly turning red.  This was Wimpy's own way of snapping Quinn out of certain funks.  They were happening more frequently, and so now Quinn almost always walked around with a bruised forehead.  However, Quinn couldn't help but laugh.  Before now, WImpy would always just call up his chest, and struggle bug his face...but now this big buffoon was too strong for his own good.  Quinn embraced Wimpy.  The closest thing he had to family in this whole world...at least the ones that he had at the moment.  He had made it his goal to find the other two.  

-Aether International: Floor 3 ~ Cyrus' Room-

-BGM-

His plan was to go to the coliseum today to practice controlling his steam abilities...but then again, plans change. Truth be told, since his journey started, Cyrus Langdon couldn't ever get comfortable in a bed or even sleeping bag. But for some reason, Aether International's beds made him all the more comfortable...it was like sleeping in his own bed again.

However, while he wanted to sleep in more...someone thought this to be a bad thing.

Tch...he's STILL asleep? Geyser, otherwise known as Volcanion, stood there beside the bed watching his Guardian sleeping away with a loud snore. He still couldn't believe that someone like this was set to be his Guardian. To be honest, if it wasn't for Magearna's pestering and pointing out that they couldn't deal with the Ultra Beasts alone. Either way...I'm surprised this kid is still asleep, its later than it normally is. he sighed greatly.

Geyser exhaled deeply before backing up some, deciding to blow quite a bit of steam at Cyrus and the bed. Grant it, it wasn't a full on full force steam blast to where one would get steam burns, but more along the lines of a wake up call.

With the quick blast of steam, Cyrus shouted as he fell out of bed, tumbling over before facing Geyser in the face. "Jeez...a simple NORMAL wake up call would be appreciated Geyser..." he yawned, before rubbing the back of his head.

"Tch...don't get snippy with me, Langdon." Geyser grumbled, his ring on his back returning to normal. "You KNEW you had to get up. We're doing training on the abilities I've given you. Yesterday you showed improvement...but its not going to be enough."

"I know...I know." Cyrus yawned again, standing up as he moved to get himself ready for the day. "By the way...what time is it?"

"Later than you were expecting to wake up..." Geyser rolled his eyes some. "Also, for today we'll be having Ken and Minato go full force at you. I want to see you in a situation where your opponents aren't holding back."

"Yikes! Noooooot what I was expecting at all." Cyrus said, tossing his pajamas in the dirty clothes hamper and putting on his regular clothes. "I hear ya. No worries, Ken and Minato will do wonderfully in training. Between Ken and Minato, their combinations are quite something." He smiled before grabbing Volcanion's UltraBall. "Alright, in ya go, Geyser."

"Whatever..." Volcanion grumbled, before returning into the UltraBall.

Cyrus smiled before putting his PokéBalls on his belt and walking out the room, closing the door behind him as he tossed his hands behind his head. It was a new day...and he seemed to be close to mastering these abilities given to him by Volcanion...it'd be great if he could get these down pact.

kAB7TXG.png

The world seemed blue to her.

River was always an early bird, and her time with Aether International wasn't changing that anytime soon. The typical River routine was pretty straightforward. She'd wake up, get dressed, have breakfast, brush her teeth, then dive. Even here, that didn't change. However, her diving here had a particular goal. As River swam through the bottom of the waters in Aether Paradise's conservation area, her masked face kept looking around in the water, looking for something. As had been the case since arriving here, and even for a good while before ever showing up at Aether Paradise, River was searching for Kyogre. The real king of the ocean. However, it seemed that no matter where she looked, her patron legendary was always one step ahead of her.

She could even hear it, in her head. Not really a voice so much as raw thought, planted directly into her head. The "voice" of Kyogre wasn't mocking her, though she took it as such. It said that no matter how hard she looked, she wouldn't find it. Guardian or not, she was in Kyogre's element, so staying out of sight was easy for the ocean king. However, before River could retort, it "spoke" further to her. She was wasting her time here. As a Guardian, she still had little control over her true power. Compared to the others, she was weak. But that could be fixed. Kyogre - for the first time in some time - gave River a flat-out order. She was to train with one of the other Guardians. The Guardian of Volcanion, Cyrus.

River didn't like Cyrus. In fact, she didn't really like anyone. However, as its Guardian, she was obliged to obey Kyogre's commands. River emerged from the water - grabbing a towel she'd set on the ground as she stepped onto dry land - and began drying off her face and hair as she moved through the conservation area, giving Lugia's Guardian little more than a glance as she walked by. He sure is attached to that bug of his.I wonder how far he'd go for its sake? That thought could wait. River took the elevator, general directions to her target being provided courtesy of Kyogre, and found Cyrus in short order. Near a narrow spot, too. How convenient. Placing herself in the way and spreading her arms to block any passage past her, River addressed Cyrus directly and without a proper greeting.

"You're training against me, you and your Pokemon. That isn't a suggestion or offer."

EuG7He1.png

Aether International: Floor 3 ~ Hailey's Room

Hailey let out a loud yawn, stretching her limbs. She had never been much of a morning person - probably because she stood up all night; after all, that's when you could see the stars shine the brightest. Last night was no exception to this, as she had spent most of the night stargazing with Jirachi. Speaking of the legend, it was sitting on the window sill next to her telescope. She smiled at the small space explorer, before stretching yet again. "Good morning, Jirachi." She spoke quietly, finally rising out of bed. Jirachi responded with what almost sounded like a high-pitched coo. She walked over to the closet, then headed towards the bathroom to change out of her space-themed pajamas and into her usual day-to-day outfit before getting ready to head out. "Let's see what the day has planned for us." She smiled at Jirachi, extending her arm as a form of invitation. Jirachi nodded and smiled, before leaping into her arms. Making sure she had her Pokemon with her, she left the room, shutting the door behind her. 

Aether International: Floor 2 ~ Conservation Area

Eventually, she made it to the conservation area. A few of her fellow guardians were already here, doing whatever they were doing. She didn't really have much planned for today, so she decided it would be best to socialize with one of her fellow guardians - although they met a while back, they were still basically strangers to one another. It would probably be for the best if they all got to know each other; maybe not all as friends, but at least as acquaintances. She made her way towards the girl with the berries - if she recalled correctly, Lin was Hoopa's guardian. "Morning, Lin." She gave the girl a small wave and a warm smile, making sure Jirachi didn't fall from her left arm. Jirachi also gave what sounded what was suppose to be a greeting before directing its eyes onto the pile of berries. Its eyes widened as it stared passionately at the berry pile. 

-Aether International: Floor 3 ~ Hallway-

Cyrus had his hands dug into his pockets, making his way towards the elevator. He knew the training session that Geyser suggested, well, let's just say it was rough. There were multiple times he had crashed into (not at a huge rocketing speed, mind you) into a few trees, or ended up eating turf. It was still a thing he was getting used to. Pokémon training is easy...but being granted powers and abilities by a Legendary Pokémon to help protect it and the world from strange Pokémon from another dimension? ...Now that...THAT was on a whole 'nother level.

As Cyrus kept his thought training chugging along with these thoughts, he noticed that the elevator door opened and a girl by the name of River stood in front of it, putting herself in a position where he couldn't get passed her. Apparently this River girl hated him, at least that was what word through the Bellsprout was...but then again, Cyrus didn't see it.

And its not like he couldn't move her...a bit of nudging via Steam Engine would have her moved out the way. But as he's said to Geyser so many times: I can't justify hurting a girl like that. Just isn't me....

"You're training against me, you and your Pokemon. That isn't a suggestion or offer."

"Heh, and a good morning to you as well...or...maybe it would be good afternoon?" Cyrus chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "Still....I'm faaaaaaaaairly sure that the management will get pretty upset if we were to battle here. So, how about we just wait until we get to the Coliseum? I was just about to go there to work a bit more on my powers..."

At this point, Cyrus felt the UltraBall on his hip wriggling like crazy. With a quick roll of his eyes, he looked down at it. "Oh c'mon Geyser...don't be like that. I just got challenged. Its like...an unwritten rule that if you get challenged ya HAVE to battle." he said, before looking back at River. "Sooooo...what are the rules for the match?" Cyrus asked, doing his best to get passed the young girl, not exactly having the best luck.

Aether International
Floor 6

Slowly, underneath a bunch of blankets and covers in a room with the air conditioning running pretty high in the background to make the room rather frigid, something stirred. A pale, well-manicured hand slid out from the cocoon of warmth to open up the shades blocking out the bright tropical light outside, then recoiled as its owner got a face full of that sunshine. It struggled against blindly to close the shades again, and slowly, with effort, the rest of the body stumbled and wriggled its way free to get up. A pair of similarly manicured feet found their way into a set of expensive-looking fuzzy slippers, joined to a pair of shapely legs and a torso wearing a silk nightie, the arms the hand had belonged to reaching to grab a fluffy robe to stave off the cold. By that point, a smaller bed at the foot of the main bed had its own occupant, a female Weavile that was unaffected by the chill, go to the thermostat and adjust it for her Mistress. Blonde hair tumbled around the face of the human woman that trudged across the cold floor towards the bathroom, and closed it shut, turning on the warm shower. Meanwhile, the Weavile had gone to a nearby fold-out table and, very carefully, prepared some water and the materials required to wake her Mistress up, placing them into their respective slots and turning on the human-made machine. The "Professor Coffee" brand device whirred to life and started to brew a batch of fresh java for the Trainer. After the shower, the door opened to reveal the human, partially dried with her hair a soggy mess. Her Pokemon handed her a mug full of joe, said mug proclaiming "#1 Boss", and the human made her way to a wooden vanity that clashed with the stark white interior of the room. The Weavile then went to her Trainer and, extending her talons out, started to gingerly brush the long hair of her human partner, eliciting a satisfied coo from her Mistress.

As she sipped her coffee and inspected herself, the human studied her face. Still looking like her mid-20s, maybe even early-20s or teens, it was a surprise from many that Sineva Bulavnova Molodetsova was, in actuality, born over 4 decades ago. All it took was regular exercise, a healthy diet, protecting herself from the sun, and using the right moisturizers and makeups. The 46-year-old could easily pass for half her age, though she felt that sometimes, it was a detriment, as she had an inkling that one of the reasons she was stuck here in this cramped berth instead of back in her suite on her ship, which in turn, was a shadow of her estate back home in Sinnoh, was because she appeared no different than the other TWERPS that had been deemed "Guardians". And that is what she despised about this whole situation, staring into the mirror, and seeing the results of her "partnership" with that blasted Heatran. Her chest, one of her best assets, had been scarred with the crimson design of the crest of the Legendary Pokemon she had named Svarog after an old tale she learned as a child. And her eyes had been warped from their normal blue, a beautiful blue that could be as deep as the ocean or as brilliant as a glacier depending on her mood, were now a rich, bright red, a pair of burning irises that faintly glowed in the dark, and glowed more intensely as she got angry, like malicious embers. All because she had fought this Legendary Pokemon, this GOD that had challenged HER, that had brought HER to ITS domain, and decided to let HER suffer for OUTSMARTING IT...

The seamount. Ever since she had left Sinnoh, she had been having dreams of the seamount. She woke up in a cold sweat every night for weeks, something about watching that strange underwater volcano building and bubbling and frothing forth the power of the earth. Until finally, she spotted a plume of smoke, ash, and steam, and knew that was her seamount, now a volcanic island in its infancy. The seas were so familiar, yet alien to her. This was what had been plaguing her dreams. So she boarded her gunship and departed for the newly-birthed island, an obsidian disk with a pit of bubbling lava, streams of the molten rock oozing from small tubes to further extend the island's size. Touching down, a thunderous roar issued from the pit as the one that had called her here made itself known. Slowly trundling out of the lifeblood of the planet, a Heatran, an ancient Pokemon of incredible power over fire and the forge, bellowed again, the challenge clear in her mind. It wanted her to fight it, and to prove her worth. It needed a partner against the monsters that had destroyed everything she had, save for that gasbag of an airship nearby, a gasbag it could easily destroy in a display of a fraction of its power.

She understood. She needed power against what her kind had dubbed the Ultra Beasts. And she had not come unprepared, for humans possessed great technical skill, and at tremendous personal cost, she had acquired one of the most amazing pieces of hardware mankind had ever crafted: a Master Ball, a miraculous Poke Ball that could catch any Pokemon that had the misfortune of being ensnared by its virtualization laser, without fail. So instead of following the Legendary's instructions of fighting, she hurled the Master Ball at the Heatran, who was not expecting her to succeed in catching it on the first try. Much to its surprise, the Master Ball struck true, the red beam of the device enveloping its body before converting its matter into data, digitizing the Pokemon to store it within a virtual matrix, suspended until its Trainer needed it again. But the ball kept bouncing, and she dashed forwards to grab it back, before the resilient device met its end as the lava broke even its incredibly strong shell and freed the Heatran. On the edge of the pool of magma, she grabbed it and held it close to her chest to regain her balance, but three simple yet damning words entered her mind as the ball became super-hot.

SO BE IT.

She screamed in agony as her newly-captured Legendary "rewarded" her, branding her as its Guardian, a fickle god upset at the human its chose not playing by its rules and cheating. His energy made every single cell of her body seem to burst into flames, her blood turning into magma, her skin crisping into ash, her hair setting alight as her eyes turned into embers. The pain was intense, so intense that she woke up back on her ship. She had fallen unconscious and had been writhing on the hot ground of the baby island uncontrollably, but now that she was awake, they could see what the Heatran had done to her. One said that the eyes were the windows to one's soul, and in conjunction with the scar on her chest, her Legendary had told the entire world what a monster she was by making her eyes unable to hide her feelings, by giving a representation of her anger at all times.

Aether International
Coliseum
Human Training Area

Still frustrated with her perceived impotence, she decided to take out some of her built-up anger on Yars, one of the more junior members of her surviving cadre of Grunts. Off to one side, Laska, Sineva's Weavile, was hanging out with Pchela, Yars' Beedrill. The younger Rocket was a bit more muscled, but Sineva had the fellow blond outmatched in terms of experience, and was able to bob and weave in and out of his attacks, even catching a feint and grabbing the real attack to turn his momentum against him as she directed him into the padded floor. Laska clicked the scoreboard from 9 to 10, signalling her Mistress' victory over the 3 her opponent had acquired. Walking over to help Yars up, the pup, his uniform's ushanka off to reveal spiky honey-blonde hair, stared into her sunglasses with similar eyes to the ones she used to have. "Good job, boss." He congratulated as he took the assist. "You'd better have put everything into that sparring and not simply let me win." She chided back, offering him his water bottle, then taking her own when he took the bottle. "Nope. You're pretty good, ma'am." He replied after a hearty drink. "Thanks for doing that with me." "No problem." She answered. "I love putting hot shot kids like you in their place." Her cheshire cat grin showed that she was just teasing the poor guy. She started stretching in her usual sleeveless suit, limbering up for another bout, when, of all people, the esteemed Colonel Guerrera of the Unovan Last Legion came in and started to bark orders about what he would like for people to do. She already had her own training regimen, and she had already done her combat sparring. So she marched over, the heels of her boots clacking against the floor, and greeted him tersely. "Good afternoon, Ham." She purred out, emphasizing the shortening of his first name. "If you don't mind me, I'm just going to continue my own schedule, and since I already did sparring with one of MY people..." She cocks her head at Yars, who waves nervously. "...I think I'm going to go grab lunch, unless you have a recommendation on who you think should be my partner."

The Colonel's face contorted itself into what some would suspect to be a smile. Others might think it to be a grimace of pain, but those that knew the Colonel would know that he did not feel pain and thus could only be feeling some sort of amusement at the moment. Chuckling, the Colonel looked down at the crimson-eyed blonde. His own emerald eyes drilling holes into Sineva's skull. He recognized her as one of the Guardians. In fact she was notorious among the higher ups of Aether International. She was the Rocket-upstart-jabroni. Everyone had thought Abigail insane when she had let her on the facility with all her goons in tow, the Colonel included. He still thought that, actually. 

"It's Colonel or Colonel Guerrera, to you. And I do mind, actually, because you see I ordered your self-entitled ass to do something. So, when I order it. I expect you, to do it. So I am so incredibly sorry if Aether International's training schedule gets in the way of your dietary needs, princess. But don't worry, it seems like one of your grunts will be crawling far enough up your ass soon enough to station themself in your empty little tummy. Meanwhile, why don't you, give me two hours on the shooting range?"

Lip stopped by the room he shared with his father on the fifth floor. Inside, there were two beds, both of them meticulously made, and yet somehow one could tell that one of the beds hadn't been slept in a few days. Lip's desk was spotless, his father's a bit messier, cluttered with mission briefings. Lip shuffled over to it, searching for the latest mission details. In truth, Lip knew his father wasn't supposed to leave this type of information out for him to find but he never was very good about separating his son from his work. The 15-year-old boy tried to stave off the tears that welled up in his eyes, tried to swallow the lump in his throat that carried all the memories of his father as he searched for the file that told him where he was. 

He tried not to remember riding along in his father's patrol car. He tried not to remember his father chasing away Ghastly and Haunter that terrorized him. He tried not to remember the special pancakes he made on Monday mornings just to get Lip out of bed. However, the harder he tried the more pressure built. And eventually the dam just gave. Falling to the floor, Lip crumpled and old memo in his hands, tears and snot streaming down his face as he gracelessly sobbed. The man he loved more than anything in the world was missing and he couldn't do anything to help him. 

"Mew."

Lip wiped away his tears with the back of his hands and blinking through bleary vision he saw Mew right in front of him and in her hands was a thin file. Taking it from her, Lip read its contents, his own hands shaking. He half-laughed, half-sobbed with gratitude. It was the file he had been looking for.

"Thanks, I suppose I let my emotions get the best of me." 

"Mew. Mew!" 

"Yes, I know, but it's still embarrassing." 

Before leaving the room Lip grabbed a small box that his father kept underneath his bed. It was locked with a 5-digit code that he didn't know but a quick psychic jolt from Mew solved that problem quickly. Inside was an Aether International-issued knife and pistol, accompanied with sheath and holster. Lip concealed them both with a disapproving glare from Mew. She, however, would like far less what they were about to do. 

The watchtower in the Colosseum was the highest point in the Aether Foundation. Kogu was pretty it had foiled his plans of escape multiple times. However, today was different. Today, he was scaling the watchtower not to escape, but to retrieve something valuable to the world.

He couldn't believe one was up there, but a cell of Zygarde, guardian of balance and order, was stuck to the very top of the tower. If he didn't catch the tiny green glimmer this morning as he took his Pokemon on their daily walk, then he might have never found it.

He climbed the mighty mountain of metal meticulously, careful not to slip and fall. Sure, he could use Pokemon to help him scale this thing, but that'd be lazy, and far be it from him to be lazy! It took most of the morning to get to the top, it being about noon by the time he pulled himself over the ledge. Smiling, he scooped up the Zygarde Cell, taking his total to 24 percent. He was one step closer to completing Zygarde.

Now all he had to do was get down. With a smile, he stood on the edge of the building... And promptly dropped off the ledge, the wind rushing past his face as he hurtled to the ground. If anyone else had done this, this might have been considered a suicide attempt, however, Kogu knew what he was doing. Closing his eyes, despite wearing sunglasses, Kogu called forth the 24 cells under his control, they rushing out of the Zygarde Cube and attaching to his back, making what looked like propellers. They spun rapidly, not enough to make him fly, but enough to cause him to gently float to the ground and not have his guts splattered everywhere.

All in all, a great way to start the morning.

11LYOcx.png

Aether International - Floor 1: Library

Garrett Estrada had spent the whole morning skimming through all the books that Aether International had within the library of the main headquarters. He'd browsed through books covering all sorts of concepts, from physics to engineering to mathematics to even history. But of the books that looked to contain anything about Z Crystals, none of them had anything on the mystical Tapunium Z. In a defeatist manner, Garrett slammed the 25th book that he'd opened shut and left on the desk that he read it from, before getting up from his seat and stretching momentarily. It was here that Tapu Bulu materialized at his side.

"That's all of them," he stated, "Five hours and a lot of books later, we still have nothing to go on,"

"That's unfortunate," Tapu Bulu said in an empathetic tone, "But we best not dwell on it. So long as we continue to explore Melemele Island each time we get the chance, we'll nail down the exact location of Tapu Koko in no time. Though it's better if we find this younger brother of mine sooner rather than later."

"Remind me why we're finding Koko first again?" Garrett queried.

"Because he's the most reckless of the four of us Tapus... so naturally he concerns me the most," Tapu Bulu answered.

"Ah, right. OK then, here's the plan for today; we get some training done, have lunch, and then with any luck, the two of us will actually get the chance to go back to the Mahalo Trail. I'm sure there's somewhere there we missed last time we looked," as he said this, Garrett got up off his seat to return the book to its original place, and pushed the chair back in before turning to Tapu Bulu, "You up for a few hundred or so laps around the track after our training?"

"Thank you, but I'll pass," Tapu Bulu shook his head in decline. But the two of them exited the library together and made their way outside.

Aether International - The Coliseum: Training Grounds

As they crossed the bridge, Garrett and Tapu Bulu made it to where Garrett would normally get his training done each morning. However, just as they began to approach the Colonel and ask for "the usual"...

"Good afternoon, Ham," a familiar, cringe-worthy voice rang into his ears, as the harpy it belonged to had goaded the Colonel and made her demands, which in turn earned her a row from the military man. Witnessing all this, Garrett immediately slammed one hand into his face.

"Ugh... this jabroni," with that, he reached for one of his two Ultra Balls on his belt when suddenly...

"You do realize this will cut into either our training regime or our lunch, I presume?" Tapu Bulu said with a raised eyebrow.

"Well how else would a bully learn anything?" supposing Garrett had a point, Tapu Bulu shrugged his shoulders and kept quiet.

Aether International
Coliseum
Human Training Area

The platinum blonde glared back into the sharp emerald eyes of the Unovan, the faint glow of her cursed eyes intensifying and building as they locked their gazes. Even through the polarization, the Colonel could see what Heatran did to her burning like embers. "Sorry about that, COLONEL, but last time I checked, I wasn't one of your jarheads." She countered with the last fragments of calm she could muster. "I'm not even Unovan. Ergo, I'm not within your command structure. You keep to your people, and I'll keep to mine. You don't see me breathing down the necks of your precious Marines. And if you have problems with the arrangement, tell it to the kind people that could have left us to rot in the middle of the ocean instead of helping us. Yars! Laska!" She called back to the Grunt and the Weavile that were already grabbing their things, sensing trouble and wanting to get out of it. As she walked around him and started for the door, she caught something out of the corner of her eye. A stocky kid with brown hair and a tan characteristic of someone who is either from Alola or has spent some time there recently. She remembered him as being one of the Guardian TWERPS she was forced to train alongside. Garrett...something or other...but what really caught her was the glare he was giving her. He thought that Colonel Unova-Comes-First-Everyone-Else-Can-Kiss-My-Coattails was right, despite him getting here recently and not seeing the training she already put in. So she gave him a smirk back. "Hey! Garrett! You look like you need to blow off some steam. So do I. As a friendly suggestion between fellow Guardians, I'll be happy to meet you at the battleground in a few minutes." She walked out, waving goodbye to both the Colonel and the other Guardian.

Aether International
Coliseum
Battling Area

At one side of the circular arena, Sineva filed her nails and waited with growing impatience for the kid to make up his damn mind. In all likelihood, he was gushing over the Colonel's heroics and macho bravado or whatever. Yars had gone to go grab lunch with Sineva's ration card, as well as his own, so it was just her and Laska. She glanced down at her partner, the Weavile that had been with her since she was lucky enough to get it out of the random selection of Poke Balls her batch of trainee Grunts had been given decades ago. The Weavile, her feathery mane marred here and there by the occasional nick, and her claws whetted sharp with age and experience, looking back as if to ask her Trainer if she really thought the boy was coming. The human shrugged back noncommittally, scanning the area. Save for a couple people that had seen the blow-up in the training room and had come to see if anything cool happened, they had the coliseum to themselves, so when Yars got back, they could at least have lunch in more or less peace. Unless Garrett Whatshisname was so eager to please the Colonel that he would blindly obey the pompous, arrogant Unovan prick...

"Morning, Lin." Lin turned around to see Hailey, a fellow guardian, greeting her and Jirachi hanging onto her arm. Even though its been a few months, Lin only ever knew most of the guardians here by name. "Morning, Hailey. Its a very peaceful day today, so I figured I would have a sort of picnic with the pokemon." Lin said with her usual smile.

Hoopa had gotten done eating a couple of berries when it noticed Jirachi eyeing the pile of berries. "Ah go on ahead buddy, there's plenty for everyone." It said with a cheerful smile.

"You want some too? I mean, for your pokemon at least?" Lin asked offering Hailey a few berries, even if Hailey didn't want any her pokemon might. It was a nice thought.

Lip moved through the sixth floor anxiously. Nodding at each person he passed, offering them a nervous smile, sometimes a wave. Anything that would convey: 'I might not currently carrying stolen weapons.' The thought had crossed his mind to just turn invisible, but that would come with its own problems. So instead, Lip stood nervously hopping from one foot to the other outside the room of Sineva Molodetsova, fellow Guardian and criminal mastermind. When she had first arrived at Aether, Lip's father had warned him over and over again to stay away from her. That she was dangerous and a bad influence. That, of course, only made Lip more interested in the incredibly mysterious blonde. Still, he wouldn't disobey his father. So, he had taken to watching from afar. 

Rapping his knuckles three times across her door and then a fourth time for good measure, Lip waited. He glanced nervously up and down the hallway, everyone that passed by didn't seem to notice him and yet he felt like he was wearing a sign that said: "LOOK AT ME!! I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT TREASON!!!" He knocked again, this time more forcefully, thinking maybe she just was still sleeping. "Sineva?" He ventured, "It's Lip. Lip Vega. I don't know if you remember me. I'm, uh, the Guardian of Mew." Mew, who had become invisible to everyone but Lip rolled her eyes dramatically hearing his introduction. 

Lip raised his fist to knock again, but Mew wrapped her tail around his arm to stop him. "Mew."

"Okay, but if she isn't in there...how am I supposed to find her? She could be anywhere." Lip's face grew noticeably red as several people turned to look at the boy that appeared to be talking to himself. Mew, unfortunately, did not have an answer for him she merely titled her head in a way that undeniably said: 'This is your crazy plan. You figure it out.'

Making his way down to the first floor, Lip tried to think where she could be. Fortunately, as he passed the cafeteria, he noticed one of her grunts walking out to The Pavilion. Racing to catch up, Lip called out. "Hey, wait up!" 

The grunt turned, but did not stop moving. "If you've gotta talk to me, then walk with me." 

Lip struggled to stay at his side. "You wouldn't happen to know where your boss is, would you?" 

"I do." 

"Would you mind...telling me?" 

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I have something important to tell her."

"And you are...?"

"Lip Vega. Mew's Guardian."

"Semi-interesting...follow me if you must, but keep up. I'm not gonna let the boss's lunch get cold."

"Thank you so much!!" Lip exclaimed, following Yars to The Coliseum. 

"Whatever. What is it that you have to tell the boss anyway?"

"Her ears only, I'm afraid." I'm going to ask her to help me steal her own gunship.

EuG7He1.png

"Morning, Hailey. Its a very peaceful day today, so I figured I would have a sort of picnic with the pokemon." Hailey nodded, turning to the berry pile. "I see. Sounds nice!" Meanwhile, Jirachi turned to Hoopa as it spoke. "Ah go on ahead buddy, there's plenty for everyone." Jirachi started to tug on Hailey's sleeve to let it go. "You want some too? I mean, for your pokemon at least?"
"Sure, I'll take a berry. Thank you very much!" She let go of Jirachi, who seemed to dive right infront of the berry pile and picked up a Pecha Berry, before stuffing its face with it. Giggling, she took an Oran Berry that was sitting on the top of the of the large pile, then she reached around her belt and released with her free hand and grabbed a Pokeball. One by one, she released her Pokemon out of their respective balls. "Make sure you all say thanks to the nice lady that offered to share her berries." She spoke to them, pointed her arm at Lin. A few of the Pokemon, such as the little Minior, seemed to dive into the pile, but most of them were more conservative about it. All of them, of course, did as their trainer said. Hailey let out a sigh of happiness, watching all of her Pokemon clearly enjoying themselves. "So, you got any plans for today? The weather seemed pretty nice today." She asked the girl. She hadn't really gotten the time to get to know most of the guardians, and this seemed like a good opportunity.

"Sure, I'll take a berry. Thank you very much!" Hailey let Jirachi go and took a berry for herself before sending out her Pokemon. "Make sure you all say thanks to the nice lady that offered to share her berries." Most of Hailey's Pokemon were content at just a few berries but ones like her Minior and Jirachi were stuffing themselves with the berries.

Lin had a huge smile on her face, it actually felt like a picnic now. "So, you got any plans for today? The weather seemed pretty nice today." Lin finished her pecha berry when Hailey asked this. It was a nice day, plus there wasn't much to do as of yet.

"I don't have any plans no." Lin got up from the ground and put the remaining few berries there were into her bag. "I was honestly going to play hide and seek with my Pokemon just to pass the time, but spending time with another Guardian and my Pokemon sounds even better." Lin had a friendly smile has she spoke, it would be nice to actually get to know the people she was working with besides just knowing their names.

kAB7TXG.png

"Heh, and a good morning to you as well...or...maybe it would be good afternoon? Still....I'm faaaaaaaaairly sure that the management will get pretty upset if we were to battle here. So, how about we just wait until we get to the Coliseum? I was just about to go there to work a bit more on my powers... Sooooo...what are the rules for the match?"

The Colosseum would work. Nodding and stepping out of the way to allow Cyrus passage forward, River turned back to the elevator and gave out the rules. "The rules are that we'll fight each other alongside our Pokemon. I'm talking about real combat; not something some shorts-wearing kid on Route 1 will challenge you to. First fighter to run out of Pokemon or surrender is the loser." Once the two were at the elevator, River hit the button to head up to their destination, before continuing her brief explanation of the rules. "Recovery items such as berries and potions are forbidden until after the fight. For all intents and purposes, I expect you to treat this like real combat against an Ultra Beast. Capisce?"

"The rules are that we'll fight each other alongside our Pokemon. I'm talking about real combat; not something some shorts-wearing kid on Route 1 will challenge you to. First fighter to run out of Pokemon or surrender is the loser. Recovery items such as berries and potions are forbidden until after the fight. For all intents and purposes, I expect you to treat this like real combat against an Ultra Beast. Capisce?"

Well this got even more interesting for Cyrus. River wanted them to fight alongside their Pokémon in this battle. He glanced at his Ultra Ball, noticing it not exactly moving at this point from hearing River's little plan here. To be honest, Geyser WAAAAAAAAS saying he needed to train greatly on his abilities...so how better to do this...than actually battling someone like this?

"Heh, sounds like fun." Cyrus gave off a thumbs up, smiling at River. "No worries, River. Me and my Pokémon will give it 100%...maybe even more!"

Things were going to get good now, Cyrus was itching to battle now...though there was one Pokémon he was going to have to keep on the sidelines at least to watch. In his mind, it wouldn't be fair call upon his Legendary while River couldn't...so keeping Geyser on the sidelines would be the best course of action.

x393wz.jpg

-Aether International: Coliseum-

It was a few moments, but both Cyrus and River got into position at the Coliseum, as the young man immediately called out Geyser to the side. "Sorry Geyser, but you'll be sitting this out." Cyrus said sheepishly.

"Fine by me." Geyser simply replied. "Gives me a chance to inspect you fighting."

Cyrus nodded before looking over at River. He had to pick his Pokémon wisely for this one... River has an interesting set of Pokémon...a Hydreigon...a Dark/Dragon, Eelektross...an Electric, Sigilyph...Flying/Psychic, Dhelmise...Ghost/Grass, Toxapex...Poison/Water, and Lycanroc...Rock. he thought, sighing to himself. I'm not sure if I'd screw myself right off the bat. Well...guess I'm never gonna know anything until I do something.

Cyrus fixed his eyes on River and grabbed one PokéBall before tossing it into the air. "Alright! Tectonic, your up first!" he shouted, as from the PokéBall emerged a Seismitoad, landing on the ground in front of Cyrus.

Tectonic stretched out a bit, letting out a ribbit of sorts before looking at Cyrus with a nod.

"Alright River..." Cyrus said, taking a deep breath as his arms began to have a faint glow of blue rings and lines. He simply smiled and got in a small stance. "Call out your Pokémon and let's get this battle started!"

EuG7He1.png

"I don't have any plans no." Lin rose and, as she picked up what was left of the berry patch, continued. "I was honestly going to play hide and seek with my Pokemon just to pass the time, but spending time with another Guardian and my Pokemon sounds even better." The younger girl had a smile on her face as she spoke. "Hide and seek, huh? That sounds fun! Although..." She clapped her hands together, reaching down to pick up Jirachi, who had just finished its last berry. Lunatone and Solrock floated towards the Minior, which also had just finished its last berry. It had been a while since they had gotten in any battle, and she knew that Jirachi was itching to train up. "...how about we have a friendly battle? Jirachi here has been dying to practice, and it would be a good opportunity to get to know each other." She reached into her belt and pulled out some Pokeball, preparing to return the majority of them to their balls.

11LYOcx.png

Aether International - The Coliseum: Training Grounds

Garrett continued to stare blankly between Sineva and the Colonel as they badgered away at each other, flicking the Ultra Ball in hand up in the air, catching it again and repeating the process with a somewhat bored expression on his face. Eventually they stopped, and Sineva seemed to notice Garrett from the distance.

"Hey! Garrett! You look like you need to blow off some steam. So do I. As a friendly suggestion between fellow Guardians, I'll be happy to meet you at the battleground in a few minutes," this brought a smirk to Garrett's face; he was always ready to accept any kind of challenge.

"Bring it on, Sineva! I'll take you on any time," Garrett called out just before Sineva left, but then got to pondering, "So much for a few laps around the track, then,"

"You didn't have to oblige that woman back there, Garrett," Tapu Bulu stated.

"Hey, if a 10-year-old's actions could wipe the whole organization clean, then surely I can take on the Queen Bee and come out on top, right?" Garrett gave a hearty laugh as he said this, before noting a certain glare of disapproval from the Land Spirit Pokemon, "Relax, I'm not gonna underestimate her like last time."

"I sure hope you don't overestimate Orion's capabilities either," Tapu Bulu advised, "It did not take a Thunder Bolt from that Magnezone well at all,"

"That it did not," Garrett grimaced for a moment as he was reminded of the travesty, but shook it off almost instantly, "Let's just concern ourselves with getting this training done first; it's important to us after all. We'll cross the 'battle against Sineva' bridge when we come to it..."

"...how about we have a friendly battle? Jirachi here has been dying to practice, and it would be a good opportunity to get to know each other." A battle? That did sound like a good idea.

"A battle? That sounds great! Its been kinda boring around here anyways, come on Lin let's do it!" Hoopa said pulling on Lin's hoody.

"Hm... A battle sounds perfect." Lin got out her pokeballs and returned her pokemon. "Let's head over to the coliseum then, Hoopa and I won't hold anything back." Lin said happily. Hoopa smiled and floated over to jirachi.

"Let's have ourselves a good battle!" it offered jirachi a little handshake, even legendaries could show good sportsmanship. "And how about this, after the battle, I'll net ya some more berries. That sound good?" Lin giggled at Hoopa's statement, it had so much energy despite being such a small pokemon.

iOWGTvO.jpg

zsipNZO.png

Quinn reemerged from the water's surface to notice that there were other's in the conservation area now.  He must not have noticed them come in, due to his trance-like state while fishing.  He watched the ripples of displaced water disturb the top of the water's surface, trying to remember who they were again.  Bubbles rose from the bottom as he ran over the names he had wrote down on some note cards when he met all of them. 

Suddenly, Wimpy rose from the depths right from underneath where Quinn dangled in the water.  With his speed and strength, Wimpy managed to catapult Quinn straight out of the water and into the grassy area where the other two talked about berries and hide n' seek.  Tugging his face from out of the now soggy ground, he emerged with dirt and grass all over his face.  Wimpy also made his way over towards his trainer as well.  

"Hey Lin, Hailey."  There they were...it was easy remembering them when they were up close after all.  He noticed that their legendaries were out and about...it was a rare sight around here.  But those that had smaller, pixie-ish guardians usually were tagging alongside their guardians.  Quinn greeted them as well.  "Good morning too you cuties too!"  He said with a smile towards Jirachi and Hoopa.  Quinn stood up from his horizontal position on the ground, and proceeded to dust himself off, and shake his hair to get rid of the excess water.

"What's this I hear about a battle?  Mind if I watch?  I'm always down for learning something new!  Gotta hold my own as a guardian, you know?"  He said, unclogging his ears, noticeable waterfalls pouring from the orifices.   

Aether International
Coliseum
Battling Area

Sineva yawned, the sun beating down overhead. She was hot, there wasn't much shade save for back near the entrance to the fighting pit of the Coliseum, where it was harder for anyone to tell she was here, and she was worried that the sun would get through her sunscreen and give her an unwanted tan. But there wasn't much she could do, except wait on someone. She turned to Laska, who was just as hot as she was. Years of living in the cooler climates of Sinnoh had given them a lesser tolerance for heat, and being on the open ocean in the tropics was not helping either of them. She groaned to her partner. "Man, it feels like we've been standing around for days. I sure hope Garrett-" She paused, spotting what appeared to be Garrett, or possibly one of those other young Guardians, entering through the far entrance. "Well, look who finally decided to show up!" She proclaimed loudly, striding confidently towards him, her boots clacking on the stone as Laska keeps up. "I hope you're ready to throw down, because I've been itching for a fight since I got here!" She wondered what his team consisted of. She knew that he had that weird bull Pokemon as his partner, but not much else about his team. Though Laska might be able to counter the bull, since she was Ice, and she thought he was Grass, last time she checked. Regardless, Laska was ready to be her first, but she didn't have to be, as Sineva, like an old-fashioned desperado, kept her hands hovering close to her Pokeballs.

EuG7He1.png

"Let's head over to the coliseum then, Hoopa and I won't hold anything back." Both Lin and Hoopa seemed eager at the sound of a battle. Jirachi took up Hoopa's handshake and, at the mention of more berries, eagerly floated up to Hailey to pull on her sleeves. "Hey Lin, Hailey." She turned to the source of the voice to see Quinn, Lugia's guardian. "Oh, hey Quinn." She waved at him. The boy seemed to be drenched in water; more than likely he had just gotten out of the pool. "Good morning too you cuties too!" Jirachi turned over to the man who had joined them and replied with a cheery sort of sound. "What's this I hear about a battle?  Mind if I watch?  I'm always down for learning something new!  Gotta hold my own as a guardian, you know?" Hailey giggled a bit as he wiped off the dust on his body. "I think it would be a great idea for you to come with us." She gave him a small smile, before turning to Lin. "We should probably go there now." She picked up Jirachi from the ground and made her way towards where the coliseum was.

kAB7TXG.png

"Alright! Tectonic, your up first!"

Seismitoad. Water/Ground typing, so the best option...

"Alright River... Call out your Pokémon and let's get this battle started!"

BGM

"Alright." Pulling forth a Dive Ball from her waist, River nonchalantly tossed it forward. "Go, Dhelmise." The Dive Ball opened in mid-air, revealing a beast of an anchor that looked straight at Cyrus's Pokemon. Briefly stretching her limbs beforehand, River's next move was to grab the trident off her back and bring it to her front. She nodded to her Pokemon, then to Cyrus, then spoke only two further words. "Let's begin." With that, River leapt forward, trident in hands. This battle was now underway, and she was out to prove she would win.

Archived