Generic Pendulum Spirit guys? (Amatsu-Mikaboshi)

Kanashimi

Looooong holidays, and i starting to feel bored, so another CC~

LjOf6Ho.png

Amatsu-Mikaboshi

LIGHT/Level 1

Warrior/Pendulum/Spirit/Effect

Pendulum Effect:

If this card is activated: You can reveal 1 monster from your hand; shuffle it to the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card, then, if a monster shuffled by this effect are Spirit monster, draw 1 more card. You can only use this effect of "Amatsu-Mikaboshi" once per turn. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was placed into your Pendulum Zone this turn: Return it to the hand.

Monster Effect:

Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Normal Summon/Set 1 Level 5 or higher Spirit monster from your hand without any Tributes (You can only gain this effect once per turn), and if you do, if you Normal Summon that monster, this card's Level becomes the same as that monster. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand.

200/300

Oh yes, Spirit is super slow imo, thats why 1 card that does a lot is needed, especially exploiting their End Phase bounce effect.

Almost forgot, its based on the Japanese deity of stars, thats why i add sparkling effect on the Spirit background, also it is red-colored instead of blue-colored Spirit background to reflect his armor color (Amaterasu also has golden-colored background too, instead of blue).

Wouldn't the Pendulum effect allow you to Summon high-Level Spirits with no Tribute Summon costs? That's kinda unfair considering Spirits like Yamata Dragon and Kagu Tsuchi exist. I think it should just allow an extra Normal Summon.

I don't find the Monster Effect that fair either. I agree high-Level maindeck monsters with no inherent summoning conditions need a boost... but not this kind of boost: a reusable and relatively searchable monster that lets you Normal Summon with no Tributes could get out of hand, by Summoning stuff like Darklord Lucifer, Light & Dakness Dragon, maybe the Wicked Avatar. You could bind this effect to only Spirit monsters, I guess.

Archived