• Start New Topic
Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Harpie Lady Guide-Pretty Birdies(WIP)

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Desperate Sellout

• Elite Members
  • 1,961 posts
    Last Visit 54 minutes ago
  • Spouse:Sari Sumdac

maxresdefault.jpg

One of my personal favorite archetypes in Yu-Gi-Oh!, Harpie Lady is a stable archetype of WIND Winged Beast monsters that excel at rank 4 and 7 Xyz plays. Budget friendly and having insane consistency makes this archetype excellent for new players, but in the hands of an expert, this archetype can be extremely lethal.

Play Style

Harpie Lady is a rank 4 and rank 7 engine comprised of WIND Winged Beast monsters. The deck is able to do this mainly by swarming the field in droves from the deck and the graveyard. In addition, the archetype excels at searching due to cards such as Hysteric Sign and Harpie Harpist. The archetype also features an OTK utilizing the rank 4 monster Harpie’s Pet Phantasmal Dragon that offers targeting protection from effects and attacks to all Harpies on the field as well as being able to attack directly. Other rank 4 options include Evilswarm Ouroboros , Lightning Chidori, and Ice Beast Zerofyne. In addition to ranks 4 monsters, Harpies can easily make rank 7 monsters as well thanks to Harpie’s Pet Dragon, which you can conveniently summon from your deck. Along with that, Harpies are able to clear out your opponent's Spell and Trap card lineup due to Harpie's Hunting Grounds, which can kill off pesky pendulum scales that ruin your fun.

However, with all of this, the archetype does have its fair share of weaknesses. Since Harpies like to swarm, cards such as Torrential Tribute and Bottomless Trap Hole instantly become problematic, as well as other cards with similar effects. In addition, since you are mostly going to be using your graveyard for setup, cards like Macro Cosmos, Dimensional Fissure, and Masked HERO Dark Law become major issues for your deck. Speaking of Dark Law, that card will be the bane of your existence due to your deck’s playstyle, always searching and always needing the graveyard. Mistake and Droll & Lock Bird become issues due to preventing searching. Luckily, Macro Cosmos, Dimensional Fissure, and Mistake are easy to counter due to Harpie’s Hunting Ground destroying them and Dark Law is simple to get around with cards such as Castel and, if you are desperate enough, Utopia the Lightning.

Deck Contents

archetype specific

Non-Archetype Specific

builds

Posted Image
Discord tag: Metal Sonic#4736

shadowliepard

shadowliepard

Waga michi wo terasu mirai kairo!

• Advanced Members
  • 448 posts
    Last Visit Nov 08 2017 09:11 PM

Okay, I have some suggestions to make about the ratios, just personal opinion stuff.

Harpie Lady: Not Painful Decision, Unexpected Dai. You don't need this in your hand, you need it on the field.

Harpie's Pet Dragon: 0-2. The deck can be run without the Rk7 aspect, as just a Rk4 deck. Some people actually prefer it that way, since the dragons might clog.

Dancer: 2-3. The card doesn't actually do anything on its own, and loses a lot of value if you're not running Divine Wind. I don't even find myself using it much.

Hysteric Sign: 3. It's really good, you want to see it as often as possible.

Hysteric Party: 2-3. I personally run it at 3, but I know it can clog if you don't have your graveyard set up. And there's only so many you need.

Phantasmal Dragon: 0-1. It's a large investment, and its protection isn't exactly gamebreaking, so you don't actually need to run it at all. And why would you need two?

Zephyros: 0-1. Now running this card at 2 is just bad. If you have Foolish Burial, you should only need the one.

Kuribandit: 0-2. It's an optional tech.

Instant Fusion: 2-3. It's not that bad to run 3 of this, except for the danger of opening multiples. Drawing dead copies after using Norden never seems to be a problem for me.

Chidori: 1-2. It's good, and you have plenty of room in the extra.

Speaking of the Extra, since you seem to be listing staples there, add Utopia the Lightning.

Also... DUDE, HARPIE'S FEATHER STORM. It is the support to end all supports. Like, have you seen the thing? Automatic 3-of.

And some other techs I've heard of, which you might want to mention: Magical Hats, Symbol of Heritage, Ties of the Brethren, Traptrix Rafflesia.

In-Game Admin on DN February to July 2016.

I'm a girl. I'm 16 years old, living in California. That's Pacific Time Zone, GMT-8. Here are some archetypes I've made.

Y'all should check out my games, Remake a Card and Make up a Summoning Chant.

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Desperate Sellout

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,961 posts

Okay, I have some suggestions to make about the ratios, just personal opinion stuff.
Harpie Lady: Not Painful Decision, Unexpected Dai. You don't need this in your hand, you need it on the field.
Harpie's Pet Dragon: 0-2. The deck can be run without the Rk7 aspect, as just a Rk4 deck. Some people actually prefer it that way, since the dragons might clog.
Dancer: 2-3. The card doesn't actually do anything on its own, and loses a lot of value if you're not running Divine Wind. I don't even find myself using it much.
Hysteric Sign: 3. It's really good, you want to see it as often as possible.
Hysteric Party: 2-3. I personally run it at 3, but I know it can clog if you don't have your graveyard set up. And there's only so many you need.
Phantasmal Dragon: 0-1. It's a large investment, and its protection isn't exactly gamebreaking, so you don't actually need to run it at all. And why would you need two?
Zephyros: 0-1. Now running this card at 2 is just bad. If you have Foolish Burial, you should only need the one.
Kuribandit: 0-2. It's an optional tech.
Instant Fusion: 2-3. It's not that bad to run 3 of this, except for the danger of opening multiples. Drawing dead copies after using Norden never seems to be a problem for me.
Chidori: 1-2. It's good, and you have plenty of room in the extra.
Speaking of the Extra, since you seem to be listing staples there, add Utopia the Lightning.

Also... DUDE, HARPIE'S FEATHER STORM. It is the support to end all supports. Like, have you seen the thing? Automatic 3-of.
And some other techs I've heard of, which you might want to mention: Magical Hats, Symbol of Heritage, Ties of the Brethren, Traptrix Rafflesia.

Wait, Harpies got a new support card? I was sleeping, okay?
Posted Image

Darj

Darj

Telminencia

• Senior Members
  • 6,711 posts
    Last Visit Today, 09:05 AM

By the way, you mention they can make Ophion as a Rank4 option in the introduction of the OP, but they actually cannot.

I too think 3 Instant Fusion can work too; even when drawing multiples, you can use them as discard fodder anyway. However, you may have to add a Level4 Fusion in addition to Norden to make better use of it. Maybe Mavelus for its WIND/Winged Beast typing? Also Emeral can put Norden back into the Extra Deck to be Instant Fused again.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Desperate Sellout

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,961 posts

By the way, you mention they can make Ophion as a Rank4 option in the introduction of the OP, but they actually cannot.
I too think 3 Instant Fusion can work too; even when drawing multiples, you can use them as discard fodder anyway. However, you may have to add a Level4 Fusion in addition to Norden to make better use of it. Maybe Mavelus for its WIND/Winged Beast typing? Also Emeral can put Norden back into the Extra Deck to be Instant Fused again.

Sorry. I meant ouroboros.
Posted Image

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Desperate Sellout

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,961 posts

Alright, I've added a couple of builds to the guide as well as Mavelous and Birdface(not sure whether Birdface counts as archetype specific or non-archetype specific). Right now, I'm working on a Wind Witch build to add to the mix.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users