[AER] [Story Spoilers?] The last two Masterpieces.

bury the year

cackling at rashmi basically making a phyrexian portal

It would be really cool if we saw some non-planeswalker characters from Kaladesh apepar in Amonkhet because of this. I don't think it's likely, but there's now a non-zero chance.

Also, Paradox Engine looks disgustingly abusable in EDH.

It would be really cool if we saw some non-planeswalker characters from Kaladesh apepar in Amonkhet because of this. I don't think it's likely, but there's now a non-zero chance.

the only non-planeswalkers i could see with even a minimal chance of showing up would be Pia, Baral, or some Consulate goons. maybe.

cackling at rashmi basically making a phyrexian portal

He built a better portal than Yawgmoth did. Rashimi confirmed stronger than Yawgmoth

As much as I love Jeskai Ascendancy, and it will always be in my top 10 favorite cards. I'm quickly realizing that I don't want every deck ever to have access to a colorless one. People in my LGS' EDH group have a big enough hard on for artifact based decks already and this is just giving them more fuel for the fire. Not to mention the interactions this thing has with cryptolith rites in standard.

Engine is BEGGING to be broken. As it stands planning on adding it in Kozilek and Phenax. Might also put it into Slivers.

Bridge is the strongest variant of this effect since the few others that played in this space just put the card in your hand. Freyalise and Kozilek are the bet choices for it. Also considering Hanna and Gitrog.

As for non-EDH applications, Bridge seems WAY to slow. As said Engine has some interesting play with Rites, but I don't think all the pieces are there for it to be worth it.

As for non-EDH applications, Bridge seems WAY to slow. As said Engine has some interesting play with Rites, but I don't think all the pieces are there for it to be worth it.

r/spikes is bandying around the idea of putting Bridge as a 1-of in Modern Tron to fill the void left by Eye of Ugin's banning. Dunno if it'll stick, but having a Karn or Ugin on demand shouldn't be underestimated.

I don't think that Engine is good enough, though. Panharmonicon may be putting results up in Standard, but there's a big jump from 4 to 5 mana when it comes to do-nothing artifacts. Plus, I agree that the Rites interaction needs more stuff to really "go off." Not enough payoff yet, imho: you need something like a big X spell to sink that mana into.

r/spikes is bandying around the idea of putting Bridge as a 1-of in Modern Tron to fill the void left by Eye of Ugin's banning. Dunno if it'll stick, but having a Karn or Ugin on demand shouldn't be underestimated.

Bridge actually does seem like a really solid addition to Tron as a one off. My guess is that might be part of the reason it costs 8 to use and not 7.

Archived