Black D'Sceptyr

Had a lot to think on this Christmas season. Mostly about what I'd be doing in the next. 

For starters, that Yu-Gi-Oh! story I've been ODing on cards here to prepare for-check for that mid-January onwards.

Then there's the point of me actually committing to a schedule to bringing you the best of the BlaDeS of Changes Workshop on this fine site. 

Well, one out of two isn't bad. 

Here's the 12 cards I made on the last days leading up to Christmas. Woud've done it earlier, but I was struggling through a slight (not slight) bout of strep throat. And eye problems. 

Enjoy and happy new year's all. See you then.

iU8EggM.png

enigma_of_the_ice_barrier_by_bdsceptyr-d

[spoiler=Enigma of the Ice Barrier: Info]
WATER/Spellcaster-Type Tuner Effect Monster/Level 5/2450 ATK/1000 DEF

Lore: If a WATER monster is discarded from your hand, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can reveal 1 Level 5 or higher WATER monster in your hand; activate 1 of these effects. 
• Add 1 "Ice Barrier" or "Mirror" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. 
• Special Summon 1 "Gungnir", "Brionac" or "Trishula" monster from your Main Deck or Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but shuffle it into the Deck during the End Phase.
You can only Summon "Enigma of the Ice Barrier" once per turn.

present_prowler_by_bdsceptyr-dasbeib.png

[spoiler=Present Prowler: Info]
LIGHT/Beast-Type Effect Monster/Level 8/2000 ATK/3000 DEF

Lore: You can Tribute 2 face-up Continous Spell/Trap Cards you control and/or cards in your Pendulum Zones in any combination to Tribute Summon (but not Set) this card. If this card is Tribute Summoned: Add 1 Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand for each different card type (Monster, Spell or Trap) among the cards Tributed for the Tribute Summon of this card. During the Standby Phase, if you control no monsters: You can discard this card; reveal the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Beast-Type monster, you can Special Summon it. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard.

snowman_fortress_by_bdsceptyr-dasjhjt.pn

[spoiler=Snowman Fortress: Info]
WATER/Rock-Type Effect Monster/Level 5/600 ATK/2600 DEF

Lore: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by Tributing 1 WATER monster you control with 0 ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 WATER monster you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change your monster to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, place 1 Ice Counter on a face-up monster your opponent controls, and if you do that, all monsters your opponent currently controls with Ice Counters on them cannot attack or activate their effects this turn.

polar_perch_by_bdsceptyr-dasji2h.png

[spoiler=Polar Perch: Info]
Normal Trap Card

Lore: Special Summon 1 "Snow", "Blizzard" or "Ice" WATER monster from your Deck. If you placed an Ice Counter(s) on a face-up monster your opponent controls during the Main Phase, you can activate this card from your hand.

nocturne_notekeeper_by_bdsceptyr-dasjibs

[spoiler=Nocturne Notekeeper: Info]
LIGHT/Winged Beast-Type Xyz Effect Monster/Rank 1/1000 ATK/1000 DEF

Lore: 2 Level 1 monsters
When another monster you control battles an opponent's monster, before damage calculation: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card: destroy 1 other monster on the field and 1 monster in your hand, and if you do, you can place this card face-up in your Spell and Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. Once per turn, if a monster you control battles an opponent's Special Summoned monster while this card is in the Spell & Trap Zone: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do that, you can attach both battling monsters to this card as Xyz Materials.

flipper_barrier_by_bdsceptyr-dasjiju.png

[spoiler=Flipper Barrier: Info]
 Quick-Play Spell Card

Lore: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; while it is on the field, any monster it battles cannot be destroyed by that battle, also neither player takes any damage from battles involving that monster. If that monster leaves the field, except by being destroyed, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can add 1 "Flipper Barrier" from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Flipper Barrier" once per turn.

the_whitewood_by_bdsceptyr-dasjkw7.png

[spoiler=The Whitewood: Info]
 Field Spell Card

Lore: When Synchro Summoning a Plant-Type Synchro Monster, you can also use 1 monster in your hand as a Synchro Material. If you control a Plant-Type monster, this card and all Plant-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by a card effect once per turn, your opponent takes all battle damage you would take from a battle involving a Plant-Type monster you control, also they cannot be Tributed.

the_frozen_forge_by_bdsceptyr-dasnwgi.pn

[spoiler=The Frozen Forge: Info]

The turn player cannot discard monsters from their hand or destroy monsters on the field by, or to activate, their card effects. If a monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy this card and Special Summon 1 "Snowsculpt Token" (Rock-Type/WATER/0 ATK/2000 DEF) with the same Level as that monster instead. During the end of your opponent's next turn, destroy the "Snowsculpt Token".

season_s_greeting_by_bdsceptyr-dat0jgk.p

[spoiler=Season's Greeting: Info]
Ritual Spell Card

Lore: This card can be used to Ritual Summon "St. Nick of the Highlands" or "St. Nikki of the Hunting Grounds". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or banish monsters your opponent controls with exactly 2500 ATK or DEF, whose total Levels exactly equal the Level of the monster you Ritual Summon.

rudo_the_guiding_light_by_bdsceptyr-dasr

[spoiler=Rudo the Guiding Light: Info]

Trivia:
This card is the 10th card of the BDS 12 Cards of Christmas Set.
Why yes, this card IS based on a certain Red-Nosed Reindeer of lore. Merry Christmas!
This might be the first card I've made-and probably the first in the TCG, that Summons a Tuner Token-talk about "you'll go down in history!"

LIGHT/Fairy-Type Effect Monster/Level 4/1050 ATK/2050 DEF

Lore: Cannot be Summoned in the same battle position as a face-up monster you control (but can be Set.) During either player's turn, if a monster is Summoned to the field of its owner's opponent, while this card is in your hand: You can reveal this card; Special Summon it, and if you do, return all other Effect Monsters on the field that you own to the hand. Once per turn, if a player would take battle damage, you can Special Summon 2 "Reign Deer Tokens" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Tuner/Level 1/500 ATK/500 DEF) instead. You can only control 1 "Rudo the Guiding Light".

st__nikki_of_the_hunting_grounds_by_bdsc

[spoiler=St. Nikki: Info]
 LIGHT/Fairy-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 6/1200 ATK/2500 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Season's Greeting". If the ATK or DEF of a monster on the field would be changed from its original ATK or DEF, except a Ritual Monster, it becomes 2500 instead. If this Ritual Summoned card leaves the field, except by being destroyed: You can place 1 Naughty Counter on a face-up card your opponent controls, also,  send 1 card your opponent controls with a counter(s) on it to the Graveyard during the next End Phase. While this card is in your Graveyard, if a card(s) with a Naughty Counter or Nice Counter on it leaves the field: You can Special Summon this card.

st__nick_of_the_highlands_by_bdsceptyr-d

[spoiler=St. Nick: Info]
LIGHT/Fairy-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 9/2000 ATK/1600 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Season's Greeting". Cannot be Tributed. Up to twice per turn, during either player's turn, if either player adds a monster(s) from their Deck to their hand or Special Summons a monster(s) from their hand: Place a number of Nice Counters on this card (max. 12), equal to the number of those added or Summoned monsters +1, and if you do, all face-up monsters on the field with 2000 or less original ATK gains 200 ATK and DEF for each of those Nice Counters. If this Ritual Summoned card with exactly 12 Nice Counters on it leaves the field, except by being destroyed, you win the Duel.

P.S. This is the reason Number 10 on this list isn't on this list....

YET. 

Disregard, the set is now complete. Enjoy at will.

BDS, signing off for 2016.

Initial responses:

Enigma of the Ice Barrier - oh hey, the art I used for Unsung HERO Snow Siren. Also an effect, but I don't really have interest in Ice Barrier so…NEXT!

Present Prowler - aw, that's a cute pic, maybe I'll use it for HOLY THAT TREE HAS A FACE AND ARMS AND AAAAA(several minute interlude) oh hey, the effect's cool. Should probably say "up to 2 Continuous Spell/Trap cards" so that you don't have to go 2 or none, but otherwise pretty sweet.

Snowman Fortress - never before have I been so terrified of a giant mound of somewhat-frozen water. I will never be able to look at a snowman without a tinge of fear gripping my heart ever again…hey, Ice Counters! Ice Counters are always good.

Polar Perch - woah wait, is that an ice-dragon-wyvern-harpie-girl-thing? I'm freaking out trying to figure out how to describe IT DOES WHAT?!?! Good glory that's BEAUTIFUL! I can Summon Ice Edge, Blizzard Princess, Snow Siren…and it gives you a reason to play Ice Counters! What's not to like?!

Nocturne Notekeeper - I'm sorry, but this looks like a studious Hedwig. I'm sure the effect's lovely, but I don't think I can get past the fact that it's a scholarly Hedwig so it might be a while before I can get around to actually reading the thing.

Flipper Barrier - PENGUIN MAGE. WITH A YOSHI EGG. YES. Wait, it's kind of like a janky Safe Zone? DOUBLE YES.

The Whitewood - oh, this looks kind of-Plants. Nope. Nope. Nope. I don't like Plants. Nope. Nope. The effect's like an across-the-board Daigusto Sphreez, which is cool, but Plants. Nope.

The Frozen Forge - NOT MY HYPERION! I CAN'T CRASH MY ABSOLUTE ZERO WITH THIS UP! Otherwise, cool. I play a HERO deck with a focus on Absolute Zero, and also play an Agents/Darklords with Master Hyperion, so I don't like the idea of someone using this against me because I can't Mask Change to go Absolute Zero to Acid and have it work properly, but I do like the card.

Seasons Greeting - it uses the other guy's Monsters AND BANISHES THEM but only if they have exactly 2500 of EITHER ATK or DEF. Too bad we don't have any of those kinds of Monsters sitting around…(looks pointedly at Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Absolute Zero, etc., etc….)

St. Nikki of the Hunting Grounds - (NOSEBLEEDS INTENSLY) Woah it say ANY Counters?! And it Special Summons itself for an infinite loop?! WHY DID I BOTHER BEING GOOD FOR CHRISTMAS IF THIS WAS WHAT I WOULD HAVE GOT FOR BEING BAD?!?!?!?! Perhaps make it say "This Ritual Summoned card" to balance the Counter spam and make it target Monsters with Naughty/Nice Counters…but why would I want to balance this?!?!

St. Nick of the Highlands - ALL THE COUNTERS PLUS WIN CONDITION

So that's thoughts. Sorry not a lot of them were critique-based. Also, can you send me the pictures for Mas/Menos from https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358863-dsceptyrs-daily-double-mas-and-menos-the-disarming-ones/ please? I like the pics but can't use them without the straight pictures since they're Pendulums.

• 4 weeks later...

So that's thoughts. Sorry not a lot of them were critique-based. Also, can you send me the pictures for Mas/Menos from https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358863-dsceptyrs-daily-double-mas-and-menos-the-disarming-ones/ please? I like the pics but can't use them without the straight pictures since they're Pendulums.

So much niceness to review this wholly. Also, the last card's up, since I'm kinda Leaderboard champ and all. 

Also, as for the Mas/Menos art....

http://konachan.com/post/show/178643/blonde_hair-blue_eyes-bow_-weapon-feathers-green_e

Oh, hey, Rudolph. Looks good, but it appears to be worded so that when it Special Summons itself with its own effect it still can't be Summoned in the same battle position as Face-Up cards, so even a simple Block Attack or Stop Defense before Summoning will shut it down…but who's playing Block Attack/Stop Defense? Thanks for the pics, btw!

Archived