[Leaderboard] Season 15 Postseason (Match LL1)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

General stuff

- First to 3 votes or whoever gets the most votes by 5:30 pm HST on 1/2/2017 wins.
- Voters must elaborate on their votes.

- If neither card is deemed sufficient, you may vote card C to indicate a draw.
- Participants or I reserve the right to nullify votes if reasoning is insufficient.

- I reserve the right to tie-break if this ends in a 0-0 or equal score.

- Winner moves on to finals and receives a rep from the opponent
- All voters will get reps for accepted votes.

Requirement

Make a generic Scale 9+ monster

----

Card A

Rokushi, Heirloom Mech
LIGHT | Rank 8 | Machine | Xyz | Pendulum | Effect
Scale 10

3000/3000
PE: You can only place a card into a Pendulum Zone once per turn. When you Pendulum Summon: Destroy the card in your other Pendulum Zone.
ME: 2 Level 8 Monsters
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 8, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. When another Level/Rank 5 or higher monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your deck with the same type as the destroyed monster. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Card B

Rippling Magician
Level 4 | WATER | Spellcaster | Pendulum | Effect
Scale 9

1400/2100
PE: When this card is activated: Return all Special Summoned monsters you control to the hand(s). When a "Magician" Pendulum Monster(s) is Pendulum Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects.

ME: If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 other face-up card you control; destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Magician" Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Rippling Magician". You can only use this effect of "Rippling Magician" once per turn.

===

Alright guys, vote.

(And this match has entries that do have some form of drawback to their usage; original idea was to have a generic S9 without any major drawbacks or something. But moving on...)

Again, I apologize for the delay in tiebreaking; academic matters came up which I wasn't too thrilled about (see latest status) and things concerning Sun/Moon. 

Card A

It's a Scale 10 monster, albeit one that will destroy your other Scale when summoning and locks how often you can set another one. To be honest, not seeing a lot of Decks that can Pendulum/Xyz into Level/Rank 8 stuff. Blue-Eyes comes to mind (and suppose Actors off double Heel or something), but former lacks a Scale of their own and latter already have Little Star to help them (locks their summons to in-Archetype, but that's of no issue). I suppose there is also Qlis to an extent if they get things set up properly. Moving on to the detach effect, not really seeing a potential use overall and its effect is rather lacking compared to other Rank 8s that can be made. 

Body is fine, but just not seeing a Deck that can feasibly put this card to good use; at least with that Graveyard requirement though.

Card B

Well, I suppose we're going into Magician support now, aren't we?

To be fair, unless you have your ED monsters up, the "forced return" effect is moot. I suppose it also gives Magicians more immunity in a similar vein to Pendulum Call [least on the monster side], though I do think they have enough support as-is, given SD31 and everything else. That, and the searching effect, which again, doesn't minus you much if you blow up a Pendulum, and does search. Admittedly, it does help you get another Magician Pendulum that you may need at that particular time. 

Granted, the Magicians are being seen in hybrid builds, but can't say I approve of them getting another toy to make them even harder to remove (in pure builds).

====

So in all.

Card A has some issues finding a niche in common Rank 8 decks that can work with it (maybe Galaxies/Cipher, but iffy on that), whereas B is another engine for Magicians in general (and one that does add more fire to their already existing playstyles). 

Still, card B does have a better chance of seeing play (and again, while I'm skeptical of the card's effects given Pendulum Magicians as-is right now, it should be fine for the most part; just remembered that Call is Limited though). So yeah, B gets this (and Yuri-kun goes on to fight BDS in LL2)

CuriousHeartless is eliminated though.

Archived