Hyper Dragon Ball Z

King K. Azo

Was your mind blown? Hyper Dragon Ball Z is a fan game created by Team Z2, who create custom sprites and movesets for the characters in an attempt to make a balanced, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 inspired fighting game. As of now, the game has Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Babadi, Super Saiyan Goku, and Majin Vegeta, with Super Buu, Gotenks, and Tien in development.

It's a fun game, and the inspiration for me to make my own video game. I even managed to get the spriter of Super Buu to help out. Anyways, I don't think I can put in the download link, so just Google it and try it for yourself!

I'm guessing the Hercule in the trailer was just a "fun" jab at the character? Would've really prefered actual combos and a moveset for him... Distaste for that aside, the game instantly redeemed itself when I saw my fav char Gotenks.

Graphically doesn't leave much to be desire, nothing is perfect, but I don't have overly-high standards anyway. Sound wise, Gotenks and Buu really sound like bad imitations. Not sure if all the characters are imitated (probably), but it's definitely apparent in those 2. But the game still looks great, something I would really follow.

I'm guessing the Hercule in the trailer was just a "fun" jab at the character? Would've really prefered actual combos and a moveset for him... Distaste for that aside, the game instantly redeemed itself when I saw my fav char Gotenks.

Graphically doesn't leave much to be desire, nothing is perfect, but I don't have overly-high standards anyway. Sound wise, Gotenks and Buu really sound like bad imitations. Not sure if all the characters are imitated (probably), but it's definitely apparent in those 2. But the game still looks great, something I would really follow.

He is an actual functioning character, but he has different mechanics, and it's honestly a miracle if you win outside of time out.

It is sprites, but well done custom sprites. All the characters except the two Gokus have original voice actors, but they also have the option to change back to their original English and Japanese voices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived