Ren's Character Compendium

Ren✧

Welcome to my collection of characters. Lately, I've been wanting to look back at old characters and have been cringing at most, but also loving a few. So, I want to start not just compiling my characters but also revamping some of them. Correcting some of my old mistakes. I want to get better about improving my work after it is "finished". 

I would love your feedback on characters, old and new. I can't improve if I don't have outside opinions, so please make your voice heard. 

Anyway, I'll be posting characters on a whim, no order to it. If I make a character for a new RP, they might find their way here as well. I'll figure it out as I go, I suppose. 

Table of Contents

Kobalt Swift // Dragon Cave - The New Era

Micah Gunderson // Dragon Cave - The New Era (Remastered)

Kowen Helms // Teen Titans: Heroes of the North

Eliza "Catcall" Murphy // Contractors: Acknowledgment Zer0

Grandmaster Futen // Lore Online: Undertakers

Kiara "Arcana" Foster // Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods

Ky'akmen Tothmorun // No RP

Heron Rothbarat // Duskfall

kw6V6Er.png

[spoiler=original: Kobalt Swift]

Character Name: Kobalt Swift

Personality: Kobalt is very energetic and (for lack of a better word) springy. He is always jumping around and ready to take action. He is very talkative and inquisitive. While he is an only child, he does have the ‘little brother’ attitude about him. Most of the time people view him as cute and funny, bordering on annoying. Occasionally though it seems as if he has hit a brick wall, this is usually brought on by thoughts of his deceased parents. During these times his attitude can be anywhere from sobbing uncontrollably to complete immobilized silence. It usually takes a half an hour to an hour for him to snap out of these spells. Kobalt is very attached to his dragon, and would do anything for her. He looks up to her like an older sister or possibly even a mother figure. Being very young, Kobalt is pretty innocent involving the world around him but he understands the goal of the group. He understands the danger of the situation and is more than willing to fight.

Bio: Kobalt has been immersed in the world of dragons his entire life. His father and mother were both professors that specialized in dragonology. Since birth Kowen has never had a true home, he has always been traveling to exotic places with his parents to research and study dragons. Kobalt didn’t mind the traveling; he loved the adventure that was so big in his life. Of course all the traveling prevented him from having very many friends, so as a substitute he befriended his parents’ dragons, for they were Dragon Raisers as well as professors, as well as the many other dragons he came into contact with. At the age of 6, Kobalt’s parents took him to an Abandoned Dragon Egg Cave. Having him search around, Kobalt picked an egg from the bunch. Within a few weeks it hatched and he was the proud owner of a Pink Dragon. At first he was offset by the fact his dragon was a girl and that it was pink, for he was a young boy still, but soon grew to love his dragon in which he named Venus. For a year his parents had the family settle down so that they could teach Kobalt the wonders of magic and the skills for raising a dragon. Just a few weeks after his 7th birthday a hoard of Neglected Dragons attacked his home. Fending them off, Kobalt’s parents perished. Kobalt escaped death by riding off with Venus, clutching a small box his parents had given him right before they left for their final battle. Now it is 3 years later and while he is still young, Kobalt has learned to survive in a harsh world. He has grown and power and is ready to fight.

Appearance: Kobalt stands at about 4’11” and while not overly muscular he is very lean and toned due to living in the wild for the past few years. Kobalt has dusty blonde hair and his face is splashed with bits of freckles. He always wears the same outfit, cargo pants with many pockets to hold his measly amount of possessions, a green long sleeve shirt, a blue sleeveless coat, and a small backpack. Kobalt has brilliant blue eyes that are always filled with questions and excitement. He has various scars up and down his arms, as well as on his face, from run-ins with wildlife and dragons in the years he has been camped out in the wild. Kobalt always has a pair of daggers sheathed at his hips. These daggers had been in the box his parents had given him. They are enchanted by the magic of a Magi Dragon. They are resistant to magic and fire; they are never dull and are impossible to break. Along with the daggers, Kobalt received a necklace woven from the hairs of a Daydream Dragon. As long as he is wearing the necklace Kobalt cannot be put to sleep by magic and he will not be plagued by nightmares of any kind. Occasionally, Kobalt will be seen with a wooden staff strapped to his back. When he is not carrying this weapon is strapped to his dragon’s saddle.

~~~

Dragon App

Name: Venus (or as Kobalt likes to call her…V)

Type of Dragon: Pink Dragon

Personality:Venus is very protective of Kobalt. She hates to leave his side and acts very motherly towards him, even though she is younger by the count of human years. Venus even goes as far as to call Kobalt her hatchling. Venus is a very caring and nursing dragon, she is very likable as long as she feels you are not threatening to her or to her hatchlings(i.e. Kobalt). If a situation seems to dangerous for Venus's liking she will scoop up Kobalt and her allies and fly off with them until out of danger; this behavior just highlights the intense protective maternal instinct she has. 

Venus is very smart, but in her short life she has not had time to study or learn anything about her race or the world around. She acts on observation and instinct alone. While very intuitive, she still lacks the knowledge needed to be count as 'smart'. She has of course learned the language of humans through communication with Kobalt her entire life, but her knowledge of the dragon language is severely lacking. With all this combined she is not a very get diplomat with enemy dragons and would rather fight off a foe than reason with him.

While in battle, Venus tends to enchant her male opponents into an infatuation with her, whether they be dragon or human. This enchantment does not necessarily cause love but definitely fascination and a reason to pause, this gives her enough time to get in an attack. She is ferocious in battle, caring nothing for her own welfare. Venus also has the ability to create a thick fog that encases the surrounding area. This fog is a pale pink and greatly impairs her enemies's sight. This fog also smells strongly of rose, completely destroying her enemies's sense of smell while trapped in the fog as well. Venus herself and her allies have resistance to the fog and are barely affected by it. Venus does not know very much combat magic(i.e. fire or lightning) and therefore tends to use her fangs and claws to bring down a disoriented enemy caught in her fog. 

[spoiler=remastered: Micah Gunderson]

JYAzAL4.png

"Perhaps there is something more that I could do..."

Personal Information:

Name: Micah Gunderson

[spoiler=Appearance]

[image]

Micah is a large man, standing at 6'3" and boasting a very muscular build. He is almost always decked out in full armor, his official uniform for serving in the Shalmoor garrison as a part of Queen Eretrea's army. He doesn't usually wear his helm*, it is normally left on his saddle, however, he does don it when charging into a large battle. Micah's eyes are a sharp cerulean but in low-lighting they may appear grey. His hair is fashioned into cornrow braids and kept in a high, loose ponytail. His face is marred by a scar underneath his left eye, received at a young age. 

*Unlike the picture, Micah's helm has a pink plume, not red.

[spoiler=Personality]

Micah is a good-natured and genial person. He does not mind being the butt of jokes and loves to crack a few himself. He is well-mannered and always has the best intentions when acting. In truth, the man is selfless to a fault, to the point where one could even consider it foolhardy. He has a strong sense of duty and will throw himself into the line of fire to protect others. 

Prone to a guilty conscious, Micah is quick to blame himself for anything that goes wrong. He tends to hold the weight of the world on his shoulders and is loath to let anyone help him shoulder that burden, lest they get hurt in the process. Micah has strong ideals of justice and fairness, however, despite the strength of these ideals he feels as though he toes the line between justice and revenge. In moments where this inner conflict comes to the surface, Micah is prone to become a bit more introspective than he usually is. 

As a trained soldier, Micah has a deep respect for authority and the chain of command. Even if he disagrees with an order from above, he will bite his tongue and comply. The structure of the military is what helped him make sense of his life and even when it enters a questionable light Micah is reluctant to question it himself as he feels himself indebted to what the military has done for him. 

[spoiler=Biography]

Micah grew up in the capital city of Ravenspire, his father a leading dragonologist and his mother a royal mage. Micah spent most of his young life journeying with his father into the city's surrounding wilds to study dragons. His father was incredibly inquisitive and excited by anything that had to do with dragons, their physiology, their culture, their language, anything. Micah had a healthy respect for dragons, harboring just the smallest bit of fear towards them. It had been decades since the last large scale human-dragon conflict and a strong alliance had been made between the two. His father always said he had nothing to fear as long as he respected the dragons for what they were. 

Micah lost his father to a random act of violence at the age of 14. There was no rhyme or reason to it, his father was just killed in the street. Both Micah and his mother were obviously distraught. His mother spent several weeks in the house, hardly moving at all. Then, all of sudden, she returned to her work at the castle with a fierce determination that screamed of a coping mechanism. Unfortunately, Micah didn't have an outlet like that for his grief. He tried his best to continue with his life as it had been, but there just wasn't something right...something missing. And now his mother was more absent than ever.

When Micah turned 15 he came of age to enlist in the Queen's army. He did, searching for his purpose in life. He found that the military brought the type of structure and routine that he needed to regain control of his life. With the same type of determination that his mother put into her work, Micah rose in the ranks despite his youth. At age 18 he was a Lieutenant in the Queen's army in Ravenspire, but Micah had never felt like that city was his home since his father's death. So he requested that he be stationed in a nearby garrison town.

That's how Micah ended up in Shalmoor. A military town that was nowhere near as big as Ravenspire, but carried with it a type of charm that he liked and it seemed to be the embodiment of the type of structure that he craved. 

When Micah was 21 he led a small squad of warriors into the forest around Shalmoor, having received reports of a disturbance nearby. After traveling for half a day, he and his men happened upon an injured dragon that was being attacked by a type of monster that Micah had never seen before. That was the first time Micah saw a Neglected. 

Jumping to the aid of the dragon, Micah and his men helped to slay the creature, but not before the dragon sustained wounds that cost it, its life. Micah saw that the dragon had been protecting a nest, it seemed that most of the eggs had been destroyed by the attacking monster, but he took the few that remained back to Shalmoor with him. 

About a week later, one of them hatched. Micah took it upon himself to care for the dragonling. Of course, the dragon didn't stay small for long, which was good because more of the Neglected continue to show up. Three years later and now Micah is the lead commanding officer at Shalmoor. He and his dragon, Venus, have been helping to defend the city from the growing scourge but he can't help but feel like there are more people that need his help out there.

[spoiler=Inventory]

Garrison Uniform: The Shalmoor garrison uniform consists of a a full suit of armor and is stylized with red leather. It is a mixture of plate armor and chain mail to achieve an intermediacy of defense and mobility. In the Shalmoor garrison, one's rank is shown by the color of the plume on your helm. Before Micah became Commander the plume of the commanding officer was traditionally black, but he changed it to pink. 

Short-Sword: Micah wields a one-handed short sword, it is not specially adorned but it has a lot of sentimental value for Micah as he has had it since joining the Queen's army.

Full-Body Shield: Micah wields a huge shield in his right hand, his non-dominate hand. It is typically used by front-line fighters that lock shields to from a wall that spears can be used to attack over, but Micah has been using it for so long that he has achieved a type of dexterity with it that most wielders don't have. 

Leather Journal: Before leaving home, Micah took with him his father's journal. In it is all the information his father had gathered on dragons. 

[spoiler=Magic]

Despite having a very talented mage for a mother, Micah never spent much time studying magic. He knows from his studying of Dragon Riders that they are typically proficient in spellwork, so he has been trying to learn what he can but hasn't got very far and is only able to successfully cast a few spells.

Dragon's Sight: As far as Micah can tell this is a staple spell from Dragon Riders. It allows the Rider to see out of the eyes of their dragon and the dragon to see out of the eyes of the Rider. It can be very disorienting at first, as one is now receiving input from two sets of vision, but once you get used to it, it increases your range of vision dramatically.

Arrow Storm: When used correctly, this spell is supposed to launch a volley of arrows at a target, numbering in the hundreds. However, Micah has only ever been able to conjure 6 arrows, at the very most. On average he can shoot 2-3 arrows at a target with some accuracy. These arrows are constructed of magical energy and are translucent. 

Love Scent: Micah learned this from his dragon, or perhaps learned is the wrong word. Essentially this spell causes Micah to smell favorably to anyone that can get close enough to smell him. It is a passive spell that he can't really control. He suspects that it is a side affect from being around Venus so much. 

[spoiler=Venus]

cdN7W4C.png

Venus is still in the process of growing, only three years old she still has nearly four years before she reaches maturity. Despite this, she is nearly 6 meters from her nose to her tail and nearly 2.5 meters tall at her shoulder. She is ferociously built with a disposition to match. Incredibly protective, especially of Micah, she is quite frightening to anyone that threatens him. Naturally she is armed with a jaw of razor sharp teeth, claws, and enough muscle to crush a house. However, a little known fact about Pink Dragons, is that they also have a sharp edge to their spade-like tail. 

Venus is not well-versed in the nuances of dragon culture, only knowing what Micah can tell her from his dad's journal, but she does seem to have a type of wisdom that only a member of a truly ancient race of creatures can possess. That said, she is headstrong and quick to anger. 

Without having an older dragon to teach her much about their ways, she is incapable of most forms of Draconic Magic, however, she is able to emit a pink fog that smells strongly of roses that can be used to disorient enemies. Additionally, if she stares deeply into an individuals eyes they may start to lose sense of themself, beginning to feel a strong sense of fascination with the dragon and maybe even experience something like love. This will go away if eye contact is broken. Venus also always smells strongly of roses. 

Original RP: Dragon Cave - The New Era

iU8EggM.png

Well the remastered version of this character might as well be a completely different character, but what can you expect when I am re-doing a character from almost 5 years ago! Kobalt was one of the first few characters I ever designed, I briefly brought him back in the GCRP, but I dropped out of the RP not too long after joining. 

Now clearly Kobalt was made when I didn't have much of a grasp how to make RP characters, however, in my defense, RPing was much different back then too. Or at least, character creation was. Regardless, Kobalt seemed to have enough charm to stick around in my mind after 5 years. Originally his inspiration came from my younger brother, who at the time of the character's creation would've been around the same age as Kobalt. 

The thing I liked most about RPing as Kobalt was getting to play Venus alongside him, which is why I have left her relatively untouched in my remaster. Their relationship was something I really liked. They each only had each other and had become each other's family, which was a fun dynamic to RP in both Dragon Cave and GCRP.

Now as you'll note in Micah's character there are a lot more world references made. In the original RP there wasn't much information to work off of. It was based on the Dragon Cave site, the one with adoptable dragon eggs, anyway, I digress. The point is, the world was pretty much being created as we RPed, which was fun because it meant that we got to discover things along the way, but it also meant that all of our character's were pretty vague. For Micah's character I liberally world-built as I saw fit around his character. 

teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton

[spoiler=Kowen Helms]

Username: Renegade (Ren is fine as well)
Name: Kowen Helms
Appearance:
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 126lbs
Figure: Athletic
Hair Color: Bright blonde (nearly yellow)
Hair Style: Kowen’s hair is thick and curly. Every morning he tries to contain it, but it is a lost cause.
Eye Color: Blue, tinged with flecks of green.
Complexion: Kowen is Caucasian, but is very tan due to living in California for most of his younger life.
Clothing: When not involved in combat, Kowen wears a sleeveless shirt (usually a dark blue or black) to show off his fairly muscular arms. To accentuate his love of the water, Kowen is usually found wearing a pair of vibrant swim trunks. These trunks usually have some form of fire graphics or sharks on them. He also wears open toed sandals, usually flip flops. During battle, Kowen changes to a tight-fitting combat suit. This combat suit is made of the same material as bullet-proof vests as well as padded to protect Kowen’s vital arteries/organs from knives and other bladed weapons. This padding is not ideal and a powerful thrust from a sword or stab from a knife will more than likely reach his skin. This combat suit is very breathable and water resistant. The combat suit has a function that changes its color from a dark green, dusty white, and a ‘normal’ garb setting that lets Kowen blend in around a busy city. While in his combat suit, Kowen usually wears a pair of combat boots. The one thing that can be found on Kowen at all times is his silver necklace. Hanging from this otherwise plain necklace, is a golden ring. The ring used to belong to his departed father.
Division/Position: Teen Titans North/New Member
Powers/Abilities: Kowen has the ability to take on animal-like characteristics. He is not able to completely transform into the animal of his choosing but he is able to take a certain body part and replace it with the corresponding body part of the selected animal. For example, Kowen would be able to replace his eye with that of a hawk to increase his visual perception or transform his harmless, close-cropped fingernails into the claws of a vicious tiger. After some experimentation, Kowen has determined that it is not wise for him to take on more than 2 transformations at a time. Doing this often leads to unwanted transformations, such as the tongue of a newt, which can be very dangerous if involved in battle. As of now, Kowen has not been able to adopt the transformation of wings, but in anticipation of being able to fly Kowen practices this transformation every chance he gets.
Kowen is also able to communicate to wildlife. The way he communicates with the wildlife transcends that of talking or even telepathy. He can sense the mood of animals around him, feel their desires; this form of communication is much more intimate than he would like to admit to others and often tries to hide this ability, even from his comrades. When he does use this power, animals bend to his will and will do anything he asks them too. Even without communicating to the animals, most have an immediate liking towards him. The only exception to this is territorial animals. Territorial animals, such as wolves or tigers, see him as a rival and Kowen must first show his dominance before they will obey his directions.
Standard Equipment: Since Kowen is able to transform his body into natural weapons(meaning claws, fangs, etc.), Kowen does not like carry many weapons. Knowing that carrying no weapons would be foolish, Kowen usually carries a polished, redwood, staff strapped to his back.
Personality: Kowen is a stereotypical, California surfer dude. He is very calm, or ‘chill’ as he would say, but when his blood does boil there is almost no stopping him. Kowen is a fun loving guy and does not put much thought into his action. He is of average intelligence, maybe slightly lower, and therefore would not make a good strategist. To make up for his lack of brains, Kowen does have a very good sense of right and wrong. He is not afraid of killing, but only if it is for the right reasons and there is no other option.
Like most teenage guys, Kowen is infatuated with girls. He respects their space, but never hesitates to make a move if he sees an opening. He often hits on pretty girls. Being pretty good-looking, Kowen is pretty comfortable in this area of his life.
Kowen while confident in everyday life, he is somewhat hesitant in crime fighting. As said above, he has a strong sense of right and wrong and does not like to hurt people. Of course this comes with the job, and as time goes on Kowen is getting more comfortable with the fact. It still bothers him though and during a particularly stressful day he is often quite irritable as he tries to come to terms with what he had to do.
Usually, Kowen is a carefree, fun-loving guy but there come times where all the jokes and smiles are gone. He becomes deadly serious and focused on the task at hand. This is usually brought on by thoughts of his deceased parents and the life he left behind. This is a defense mechanism that he unconsciously uses to stop the emotional pain from rising within himself.
Biography: Ever since he was a little boy Kowen had grown up by the ocean. Living off the coast of California opened up so many opportunities for him. Being the son of two acting megastars, you would think Kowen would be a spoiled brat. On the contrary, his parents did their best to keep him from turning out the way they had seen so many Hollywood celebrities. Of course, Kowen did lead a comfortable life. He always had enough food to eat and enough toys to play with. Around the age of 8, Kowen discovered his love of surfing. Since he was born he had been infatuated with the ocean, swimming and fishing. But surfing completed him, not to be cliché. He never surfed competitively, although he was good enough to compete, Kowen just thought surfing for fun was much better than surfing for a trophy.
A few days after Kowen’s 16th birthday, he and his parents got in a fight. Storming off, Kowen had grabbed his board and waded out into the ocean to clear his head. He did this whenever he was stressed or upset, the gentle lapping of the waves and the salty breeze usually put things in perspective for him. Twenty minutes of sitting on the water, and Kowen realized he was in the wrong. He began to paddle back to shore. He walked up the beach to his beach house, ready to apologize to his parents. Throwing open the screen door, Kowen was met with a grisly sight.
His parents lay on the floor in puddles of their own blood. Their throats had been slashed. Kowen’s parents had been home during a home invasion and were killed for it. Not being able to absorb what he was seeing, Kowen stood there in the doorway. He stood there, tears silently streaming down his cheeks, for at least an hour. Then something snapped, he was no longer Kowen. He was a mindless beast with the desperate urge to escape. Having just got his license, Kowen took his parent’s car and drove. He didn’t know where he was going, but he knew he would know when he got there. That very night, anger, regret, and denial all washed over him and took over his very being. Sitting in a motel bedroom, Kowen began to transform. It wasn’t much, but it took his mind off of the wave of emotions that had engulfed him.
After a few weeks of traveling, and practicing, he heard of the Teen Titans and he knew he had found his calling. Kowen looked towards it like it was a beacon of light, like it was a new home.

Original RP - Teen Titans: Heroes of the North

This here is my very first RP character. I think the format of the application speaks to its age, something this aesthetically unappealing wouldn't fly nowadays. Reading back over Kowen's character all that I see is a fairly generic character and that I should thank my lucky stars that I was accepted into the RP. The funny thing is, I know that back then, I really was putting my best foot forward with Kowen's application and was terrified I wouldn't make it through the competitive application process. 

The RP itself was phenomenal, granted it was my first so I had no frame of reference, but I fell in love with the story that Saiba Aisu was laying out for us. I even got the chance to explore a romance with my character, which was thoroughly enjoyable to RP. As a character, Kowen truly wasn't remarkable and the only thing that made him memorable was the RP he was set in, but clearly it's made enough of an impact of me. I mean I've hosted like 4 TT or YJ RPs trying to recreate the same excitement that I had each time I posted as Kowen. 

I'm not sure if I'll do a remastered version of him yet. Like, Kobalt he is ancient and I imagine any attempt to remaster him will result in a completely new character. I mean what was I thinking? Superstar parents that are inexplicably murdered? A 16 year old that is emotionally stable enough to rent a motel room after his parents are brutally murdered? Where was he staying in between the time he discovered his powers and joined the Teen Titans? Why wasn't he more freaked out by turning into an animal?? These are all very real questions that need answering. 

[spoiler=Catcall]

WCLC1he.png

"Give me something to do. I'd twiddle my thumbs but..."

iU8EggM.png

Personal Information:

Name: Eliza Murphy

Alias: Catcall 

[spoiler=Appearance]

FQMa1Wf.png

From her partly shaven head, to her electric green hair, to her missing left arm, and down to her stained combat boots, Eliza is 5 feet and 6 inches of 'head-turning' abnormalities. Of course she would be if she weren't a master of disguise, able to mask her identity fairly well in public. Then again, even in disguise she can't help but attract attention. 

Sporting amber eyes, angular features, and make-up that is always fleeked, Eliza defines the sharp aesthetic. Definitely intimidating at a glance, her training doesn't help to dissuade an onlooker from this impression, boasting an impressively muscled frame and a clearly visible scar that runs from just under her left eye and traces its way down her jaw and neck before disappearing on her back. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Disciplined and detail-oriented, Eliza always keeps strictly to the straight and narrow. She defines her goals, makes a plan to achieve them, and does not like to deviate from that plan. Eliza is obsessive over her goals, whether they be a current mission or life-long dream, and when they are thrown off course, even a little she begins to feel extremely anxious, should this go on she exhibits bouts of violent frustration. This is in stark contrast to her calculative discipline. 

Eliza is compulsively driven to be doing something, sitting on her hands and doing nothing drives her insane. Without clear directive she tends to feel lost and she will immediately seek a plan of action or invent a suitable one herself. Already fairly irritable, boredom makes Eliza downright angry and she will do even the smallest of tasks to try and keep it at bay. 

Eliza has no room in her life for others' pity, fortunately in being a Contractor she doesn't find that much. Now people thinking she is weaker because of her disability, that comes up once and awhile and it is a challenge she does not take lightly. Her discipline goes out the window when that specific strength of character is questioned. Which she often ends up beating herself up later about because while she has no room for others' pity she is filled with self loathing and can't let go of [REDACTED] 

[spoiler=Biography]

[FILE REDACTED]

[spoiler=Motivations]

You know Eliza had several reasons to be a Contractor. She had always been useful but then she lost her arm and of course she was useful, but not like she was and the serum could impossible things. Deep down she even hoped maybe she could...regrow(?) her arm, but that didn't happen. Still being a Contractor means that she can atone for [REDACTED].

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information:

[spoiler=Latent Potential]

Vocal Manipulation: Eliza is able to freely manipulate her own voice, allowing her to imitate the voices of others and even the sounds of animals and non-organic things, such as gunshots or explosions. The only hindrance to this is that while her vocal cords seem to be heavily fortified and obviously more versatile in comparison to a normal human, using her ability to imitate excessively loud noises in quick succession can cause her to lose her voice for an extended period of time.

Micro-Vocal Sensitivity: The serum also gave Eliza the ability to detect micro-changes in a person's vocal pattern. When applied, Eliza is able to tell when a person is lying by the fluctuation in their voice.

[spoiler=Arsenal]

9mm Pistol: Strapped low on her right hip, just above the knee is a simple pistol, modified to hold a few more rounds than normal to reduce the amount she would have to reload

Valkyrie: Valkyrie is the name of the one-handed sword sheathed with the hilt jutting over left shoulder. It is a simple doubled-edged sword that can be easily wielded with one hand. 

Throwing Knives x4: 4 professional grade throwing knives are sheathed parallel to Valkyrie on Eliza's left shoulder. 

[spoiler=Special Skills]

Interrogation/Torture: Able to manipulate her voice to impersonate the sound of your loved ones dying, the guttural sound of your greatest fear, or even the whisper of your conscious to come clean, Eliza is incredibly skilled at dragging information from unruly tongues. Likewise her methods are usually less than pleasant and are usually coupled with physical elements of torture that accelerate the process even further. 

Subterfuge: Skilled with wardrobe and make-up, Eliza is able to change identities like she can her voice, she is a great undercover agent, especially since she can detect lies. She is especially successful as a seductress, luring informants into her snare without them even realizing they have been caught. 

Unique Sword Combat: While preferring to just point and shoot, which she is plenty capable at doing, Eliza is incredibly skilled with her sword and it is such an odd fighting style, combining both simple(yet refined) sword training with acrobatic/gymnastic skills, that most of her opponents do not know how to counter it. Then there is the whole one arm thing that throws most opponents off. 

Distraction: Able to mimic the sounds of explosions or gunfire, Eliza can distract enemies fairly easily while setting up an ambush or escape. 

iU8EggM.png

Other Information:

> Art Credit: Ai-Bee on DeviantArt and Tyshea on DeviantArt

> Eliza learned how to use a sword because at close quarters she figured that bigger opponents would be able to overpower if she didn't have a melee weapon to even the odds. This is also why her fighting style highlights acrobatic and gymnastic skills.

> Eliza has a hard time making friends but is known to be a good and trustworthy ally. 

Original RP - Contractors: Acknowledgement Zer0

After the last two ancient characters, I wanted to re-visit one of my more contemporary works. Unfortunately, it seems like part of the character has been lost to my bad organizational skills. Part of the application process in this RP was to create a secret bio that only the host knew about it. I definitely think it added to the tone of the RP, we were playing super-secret-assassins after all, and it definitely made it more interesting to interact with other players. However, for someone like me, the guy that wouldn't be able to keep track of his head if it weren't attached to my body, it has regrettably led to a part of the character being lost forever.

From what I can remember, Eliza was part of an all-female military unit called the Valkyries. They were a big deal because of the whole poli-social debate about women in the military. During one of her tours, Eliza lost her arm in an attack that she feels she should've been able to see coming. Hence the large amount of guilt that is in her character. There may have been something significant about a sister? Idk, you get the gist of it. 

Playing Eliza was fantastically fun. She was definitely a challenge, in part because of her inherent design, but also because the RP was designed to be challenging. Dad made me put a little more thought into my posts than usual. Eliza's character design came with the challenge to write a one-armed character(something that I realize I do quite frequently, actually), but with Eliza especially I remember being incredibly conscious of this while posting. It's the small little nuances that you have to pay attention. She can't be holding multiple objects. If she is holding an object, she can really gesture. She obviously gets around a bit differently than other assassins. It was fun to try to plan around this. 

I've got to give a big kudos to Dad and Hollow for hosting such a great RP though. It was so well written and planned out, which forced me to flesh out my character more quickly and more thoroughly. Also, I've got to give it up to Cow, because his character made me laugh...and very nervous for the safety of Eliza. Probably one of the best examples of character interaction that I have experienced. 

Eliza is probably one of the smartest characters I've ever RPed as and I definitely felt the pressure to convey that well. She ended up being thrown into a leadership position, something I was not expecting, but ultimately something that Eliza loved. I really wish that Eliza could've survived a bit longer than she did, and by that I mean, I was very sad to see Contractors end. Especially after seeing all the hard-work that Dad was putting into it. 

She is one of my favorites and part of me really wants to bring her back in some way, shape, or form...but another part of me tells me to leave her where she is. That anything else would just mess her up. 

[spoiler=Catcall]

WCLC1he.png

"Give me something to do. I'd twiddle my thumbs but..."

iU8EggM.png

Personal Information:

Name: Eliza Murphy

Alias: Catcall 

[spoiler=Appearance]

FQMa1Wf.png

From her partly shaven head, to her electric green hair, to her missing left arm, and down to her stained combat boots, Eliza is 5 feet and 6 inches of 'head-turning' abnormalities. Of course she would be if she weren't a master of disguise, able to mask her identity fairly well in public. Then again, even in disguise she can't help but attract attention. 

Sporting amber eyes, angular features, and make-up that is always fleeked, Eliza defines the sharp aesthetic. Definitely intimidating at a glance, her training doesn't help to dissuade an onlooker from this impression, boasting an impressively muscled frame and a clearly visible scar that runs from just under her left eye and traces its way down her jaw and neck before disappearing on her back. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Disciplined and detail-oriented, Eliza always keeps strictly to the straight and narrow. She defines her goals, makes a plan to achieve them, and does not like to deviate from that plan. Eliza is obsessive over her goals, whether they be a current mission or life-long dream, and when they are thrown off course, even a little she begins to feel extremely anxious, should this go on she exhibits bouts of violent frustration. This is in stark contrast to her calculative discipline. 

Eliza is compulsively driven to be doing something, sitting on her hands and doing nothing drives her insane. Without clear directive she tends to feel lost and she will immediately seek a plan of action or invent a suitable one herself. Already fairly irritable, boredom makes Eliza downright angry and she will do even the smallest of tasks to try and keep it at bay. 

Eliza has no room in her life for others' pity, fortunately in being a Contractor she doesn't find that much. Now people thinking she is weaker because of her disability, that comes up once and awhile and it is a challenge she does not take lightly. Her discipline goes out the window when that specific strength of character is questioned. Which she often ends up beating herself up later about because while she has no room for others' pity she is filled with self loathing and can't let go of [REDACTED] 

[spoiler=Biography]

[FILE REDACTED]

[spoiler=Motivations]

You know Eliza had several reasons to be a Contractor. She had always been useful but then she lost her arm and of course she was useful, but not like she was and the serum could impossible things. Deep down she even hoped maybe she could...regrow(?) her arm, but that didn't happen. Still being a Contractor means that she can atone for [REDACTED].

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information:

[spoiler=Latent Potential]

Vocal Manipulation: Eliza is able to freely manipulate her own voice, allowing her to imitate the voices of others and even the sounds of animals and non-organic things, such as gunshots or explosions. The only hindrance to this is that while her vocal cords seem to be heavily fortified and obviously more versatile in comparison to a normal human, using her ability to imitate excessively loud noises in quick succession can cause her to lose her voice for an extended period of time.

Micro-Vocal Sensitivity: The serum also gave Eliza the ability to detect micro-changes in a person's vocal pattern. When applied, Eliza is able to tell when a person is lying by the fluctuation in their voice.

[spoiler=Arsenal]

9mm Pistol: Strapped low on her right hip, just above the knee is a simple pistol, modified to hold a few more rounds than normal to reduce the amount she would have to reload

Valkyrie: Valkyrie is the name of the one-handed sword sheathed with the hilt jutting over left shoulder. It is a simple doubled-edged sword that can be easily wielded with one hand. 

Throwing Knives x4: 4 professional grade throwing knives are sheathed parallel to Valkyrie on Eliza's left shoulder. 

[spoiler=Special Skills]

Interrogation/Torture: Able to manipulate her voice to impersonate the sound of your loved ones dying, the guttural sound of your greatest fear, or even the whisper of your conscious to come clean, Eliza is incredibly skilled at dragging information from unruly tongues. Likewise her methods are usually less than pleasant and are usually coupled with physical elements of torture that accelerate the process even further. 

Subterfuge: Skilled with wardrobe and make-up, Eliza is able to change identities like she can her voice, she is a great undercover agent, especially since she can detect lies. She is especially successful as a seductress, luring informants into her snare without them even realizing they have been caught. 

Unique Sword Combat: While preferring to just point and shoot, which she is plenty capable at doing, Eliza is incredibly skilled with her sword and it is such an odd fighting style, combining both simple(yet refined) sword training with acrobatic/gymnastic skills, that most of her opponents do not know how to counter it. Then there is the whole one arm thing that throws most opponents off. 

Distraction: Able to mimic the sounds of explosions or gunfire, Eliza can distract enemies fairly easily while setting up an ambush or escape. 

iU8EggM.png

Other Information:

> Art Credit: Ai-Bee on DeviantArt and Tyshea on DeviantArt

> Eliza learned how to use a sword because at close quarters she figured that bigger opponents would be able to overpower if she didn't have a melee weapon to even the odds. This is also why her fighting style highlights acrobatic and gymnastic skills.

> Eliza has a hard time making friends but is known to be a good and trustworthy ally. 

Original RP - Contractors: Acknowledgement Zer0

After the last two ancient characters, I wanted to re-visit something one of my more contemporary works. Unfortunately, it seems like part of the character has been lost to my bad organizational skills. Part of the application process in this RP was to create a secret bio that only the host knew about it. I definitely think it added to the tone of the RP, we were playing super-secret-assassins after all, and it definitely made it more interesting to interact with other players. However, for someone like me, the guy that wouldn't be able to keep track of his head if it weren't attached to my body, it has regrettably led to a part of the character being lost forever.

From what I can remember, Eliza was part of an all-female military unit called the Valkyries. They were a big deal because of the whole poli-social debate about women in the military. During one of her tours, Eliza lost her arm in an attack that she feels she should've been able to see coming. Hence the large amount of guilt that is in her character. There may have been something significant about a sister? Idk, you get the gist of it. 

Playing Eliza was fantastically fun. She was definitely a challenge, in part because of her inherent design, but also because the RP was designed to be challenging. Dad made me put a little more thought into my posts than usual. Eliza's character design came with the challenge to write a one-armed character(something that I realize I do quite frequently, actually), but with Eliza especially I remember being incredibly conscious of this while posting. It's the small little nuances that you have to pay attention. She can't be holding multiple objects. If she is holding an object, she can really gesture. She obviously gets around a bit differently than other assassins. It was fun to try to plan around this. 

I've got to give a big kudos to Dad and Hollow for hosting such a great RP though. It was so well written and planned out, which forced me to flesh out my character more quickly and more thoroughly. Also, I've got to give it up to Cow, because his character made me laugh...and very nervous for the safety of Eliza. Probably one of the best examples of character interaction that I have experienced. 

Eliza is probably one of the smartest characters I've ever RPed as and I definitely felt the pressure to convey that well. She ended up being thrown into a leadership position, something I was not expecting, but ultimately something that Eliza loved. I really wish that Eliza could've survived a bit longer than she did, and by that I mean, I was very sad to see Contractors end. Especially after seeing all the hard-work that Dad was putting into it. 

She is one of my favorites and part of me really wants to bring her back in some way, shape, or form...but another part of me tells me to leave her where she is. That anything else would just mess her up. 

Really wish we could have continued this.  I still have it written off and saved on my pc.  I enjoyed it.  Great fun.

[spoiler=Shizen junjo no hoji-sha]

自然順序の保持者

On1BOWc.png

"The natural state is chaos."

Personal Information:

Name: GrandMaster_Futen

Epithet: Keeper of the Natural Order

Age of Appearance: Mid 30's

Sex: Male

[spoiler=Appearance]

[In-Game] ll [Real-World]

Futen always looks composed and displeased. His lip seems to always be raised in a perpetual sneer as if someone has just served him a pile of steaming dung on a platter. Having chosen one of the biggest character frames in the game, Futen usually towers over most everyone he encounters. Likewise, he boasts a wide, muscular figure that causes most people to be dwarfed in his presence. 

Imprinted on his skin are several archaic tattoos that many Monks use to enhance certain stats and gain extra abilities. When in use, these tattoo glow and shimmer with a faint purple hue. Likewise, when using a skill his blue eyes glow with a bright intensity. All in all, if you don't actually know Futen, he seems to be quite intimidating. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Futen is a staunch anarchist who believes that the world's natural order is chaos, and his one true goal is still see that order restored. Or, at least, that is what he says he is. You see, Futen is actually a pretentious snob that hides behind digital rendering and a computer screen to feel important. In all reality, he doesn't really believe in the reestablishment of the 'natural world order' or the destruction of 'corrupt institutions'. He wants, he craves attention. His character is simply that, a character, and in stressful situations that act breaks down and the sniveling coward behind all the bravado inevitably reveals himself.

As a classic narcissist, Futen takes every insult personally. And if a weaker player or NPC insults him, he is apt to kill them. However, the rest of the Undertakers are roughly just as powerful, if not more powerful than him. This leads to Futen often being forced to take insults with an indignant huff of breath before going to pout somewhere for a while. Likewise, when in battle, when he sustains too much damage he gets exasperated and tends to act wildly, throwing out powerful, an inaccurate, attacks without regard for the safety of his teammates .

While Futen tries to act all high and mighty, in all reality he is about as tough as a cup of Jello that's been left out in the sun for too long. He thinks he is being unique and edgy by spouting off pretentious s*** about how he thinks the world should work, but he is really just an annoying son of a b**** that has head so far shoved up his ass that he can't see the real danger that is present all around him. If you hadn't guessed by now, Futen is one of those idiots that doesn't really believe that killing a player will kill them in real life. He thinks that it is the gaming company trying to divert attention from their own screw up or something. Hence his disregard for the lives of other players. 

Now a lot has been said at the expense of Futen, but don't be fooled. He is still very much a competent player. And, I mean, he should be. After all, he has logged hundreds of thousands of hours playing video games throughout his life. This is no different. 

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information:

Category: Strength

Class: Monk

Level: 53

[spoiler=Fighting Style]

Like most Monks, Futen sacrifices speed and agility for powerful attacks that decimate his opponents. Boasting a large amount of defense, Futen tends to tank a lot of hits before expending energy on his own. His speciality is well placed charge-up attacks that deal a devastating amount of damage, able to OHKO lower leveled players. In battle, his main concern is his own reputation and will make careless decision after careless decision at the expense of his teammate, so long as he benefits from it. Like most individuals in a PKer Guild, Futen attacks with a type of ferocity that isn't found in other players. He doesn't hold back, aiming to kill his opponents with each and every hit. 

[spoiler=Inventory]

Discord Runes <Buff - Accessory>: Arcane runes that have been tattooed on Futen's body, they offer a sharp increase defensive stats and buffs the user with Type Resistances to everything except for Negative and Positive Type attacks. The Discord Runes also unlock several skills that would otherwise be unobtainable.

Dragon Fists <Light Unarmed Weapon Type - Gloves>: Technically classified as a 'glove' or 'gauntlet', the Dragon Fists are another set of runes that can only be unlocked by completing the quest <The Great Terror>. Mimicking the effects of gauntlets, these runes increase the wearer's Strength and provide <Fire> elemental typing to some of their skills. 

Grandmaster's Robe <Light Armor>: A flowing robe that leaves one shoulder bare, this armor offers little in the way of protection. Futen most likely wears it as an aesthetic feature. 

[spoiler=Sample Skills]

Destructive Rampage: A skill that requires the user to stand still for a few moments as they charge up the attack, the user then rushes forward in a straight line to deliver a full body tackle into a target. This attack becomes stronger the longer it is charged.

Dragon's Claw: A simple punching attack that deals <Fire> damage. Can be used in quick succession. 

Chaotic Crush: A skill that requires a long charge up, the more damage the user tanks while charging this move the more damage it deals. A physical blow delivered either by punch or kick, the target has to be within striking distance.

Natural Order: Requiring a cool down of several hours, this skill allows Futen to rearrange the allotment of his skill points for two minutes. 

Discord: a powerful shockwave emanates from the user after they smash their fists together. This skill can be charged to increase the range and power of the shockwave. 

iU8EggM.png

Real-World Identity:

Name: Itsuki Yamazaki (いつき やまざき, lit. Yamazaki Itsuki)

Home City: Kobe

Original RP - Lore Online: Undertakers

This is a character I didn't actually finish for Undertakers, but I always wished I had. However, I got lazy and never did see him to completion...until now. Obviously, I can't comment on how Futen played out in the RP, because he never made it into the RP, but the general idea behind Futen was to create an arrogant gamer that thought way more of himself than he did other people. I am actually very happy with how his personality came out, I think it conveys exactly the kind of person I was aiming to create. Futen is largely based on Zaheer from The Legend of Korra, with the whole 'chaos is the natural order'-deal. 

There really isn't a whole lot more to say about this guy. I might bring him back if another VRMMORPG crops up, just because I feel like I owe him that much. 

I will say that when I was originally crafting this character that I designed him to be expendable. Naturally I made him strong, like the rest of the guild members, but his personality, to me, is the perfect narrative set-up for a protagonist's revenge kill. 

teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton

[spoiler=Kiara "Arcana" Foster]

45CuVGN.png

"Listen, I just want to make sure what happened to me, doesn't happen to anyone else."

Personal Information:

Name: Kiara "Arcana" Foster

Birthday: November 14th

[spoiler=Appearance]

[Base Image]

Kiara stands a bit below average height at exactly 5'6". She boasts a slender, lean frame, kept in shape from her extensive physical training. Kiara doesn't have much in the way of breasts, appearing very flat-chested with an A cup size. Her flat-chestedness is further emphasized by an insistence to wear only sports bras, compressing her already diminutive breasts. 

Typically, Kiara wears a pair of violent colored pants that allow her the freedom to move quickly but are also thick enough to provide some warmth and protection. While relaxing, Kiara usually wears a plain black tank top, however; when on assignment she dons an ornate purple and white, sleeveless vest(as depicted in the image). Time and again her mentors have warned her to remove the superfluous tassels that hang off the vest, but she finds them aesthetically pleasing and feels that they add a certain flair to her 'entrances'. 

When she was a part of the Night Sisters cult, Kiara(or rather Eris, at the time) was required to keep her dark hair long, so now she cuts it short and dyes it stark white as a form of rebellion in the face of her past life. Unfortunately, she can't do much to forget the intricate, arcane runes that are tattooed across her chocolate-caramel skin. These tattoos start around her collarbone and continue all the way down to her ankles. Imprinted through a form of irreversible magic, these markings, granting her supernatural strengths, are a constant reminder of what she has endured and what she has lost. Additionally, these figures occasionally change color and sometimes even shape depending on Kiara's mental and physical state.

It should be noted, that the goggles depicted in the base image are not present on Kiara's character. She does, however, wear a small, golden, heart-shaped locket around her neck. Inside is a picture of her deceased mother and sister. This locket is only visible when Kiara isn't wearing her vest. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Kiara has a very protective personality, feeling that it is her responsibility to protect as many people as she possibly can. This stems from the grave injustices she suffered at such a young age, believing that it is her duty to make sure that no one suffers like she did. In particular, she is very protective of children and has been known to put herself in unnecessary danger to protect children that she perceives to be in harms way. In these instances she has been known to think irrationally and it is suspected she would jeopardize a mission to aid a child in danger should it ever come to that. 

On a social level, Kiara is very friendly person. While she does harbor a fair amount of paranoia, a result of her abduction, she tries not to let it influence her interactions with people. Tucking away her anxiety, she makes an effort to be friendly and always appear to be optimistic. That said, should she feel like she is being challenged or if she thinks she is being watched or if something of hers goes missing, Kiara will become extremely defensive and even hostile! Once the situation is resolved, she calms down very quickly and becomes very apologetic for her behavior, even if it was warranted.

As a hero, Kiara very much enjoys her job. After being a part of the Night Sisters for five years, she is eager to do as much good as she can in the world. She enjoys every part about being a hero. Everything from research to reconnaissance to making battle entrances(by far her favorite), is something she takes pleasure in doing. This is partly because she feels as though she needs to make up for the wrongs she committed as a part of the Night Sisters and is also simply a part of the fact she was born to partake in heroics.

[spoiler=Biography]

Kiara never had much as a child. She grew up in a rundown apartment in a bad area of Houston, Texas. Her single mother worked long shifts as a nurse to provide for her two kids. Normally, a nurse would be able to make enough money to easily support a family of three, but Kiara's younger sister, Daphne, had severe medical issues. Suffering from several heart defects and diabetes, the medicines that she needed consumed most of the money that their mother earned. As such, they were forced to make do with what they had. 

That wasn't to say they weren't a happy family though. Sure, times were tough, but the love between the three women were strong and saw them through their turmoils. Or, at least it did until Kiara turned 12. She was walking home from school one day when she got a feeling that someone was watching her. Rushing home, Kiara hastily looked over her shoulder and was able to just barely make out the silhouette of a cloaked figure disappearing into an alleyway.

Now, in truth, sketchy figures and scumbag stalkers weren't all that uncommon in Houston. It was a huge city with a huge homeless population, the large majority of which were mentally ill. So, Kiara had opted not to tell her mom about the incident when she got home. Surely she was just being paranoid. It was thoughts like that, that led her to rationalize that she didn't hear the door to the apartment open the night. It was the belief that her young mind couldn't be trusted that led Kiara to toss the dark figure that had passed her doorway as a 'trick of the light.'

But tricks of the light don't suffocate sickly children at the age of 8. The products of an overactive imagination don't bludgeon a single mother to death as she walks in the door after an 18 hour shift at the hospital. No, the things that would do something like that can only be described with one word. Evil. It was an envoy of evil that had broke into Kiara's home that night and murdered the only family she ever had. It was evil that abducted a 12 year old girl and forced her into 5 years of horror.

The Night Sisters were a nation-wide cult that had been terrorizing people for years. They were known for abducting young girls and then brainwashing them to join their cause. Not much was known about their leaders. Only that she went by Matron Supreme and was said to be able to commune with a dark deity trapped within what has been called the Overlord Grimoire, a book of forbidden, dark magic. 

The Night Sisters abducted young Kiara and molded her into a fine recruit. She was stronger than the rest, more ruthless, and more efficient. But there was something else that made her stand out from the other recruits. Kiara could still think for herself. For whatever reason, the brainwashing techniques that cult employed on the abducted children didn't affect Kiara like it did the others. So, for five long years Kiara pretended to be one of them. She committed heinous acts in the name of the Night Sisters, biding her time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to escape.

Such an opportunity occurred 8 months ago. The Justice League finally caught up to the Night Sisters. They had been tracking their movements for years, but had never been able to catch up to Matron Supreme. Well that night they did. They attacked the cult's headquarters with everything they had. Knowing it was now or never, Kiara turned on her captors, helping the Justice League destroy the cult. That night, every member of the Night Sisters was eradicated. Every member except Matron Supreme, who escaped with the Overlord Grimoire.

The Justice League took Kiara in after that. They have helped Kiara recover over the last 8 months and have trained her to be quite the potential hero. Believing that she is ready for the responsibility, they have placed her as a part of the newest branch of Teen Titans in Aurora City. Kiara is eager to make amends for what she did while a part of the Night Sisters, and even more eager to track down Matron Supreme and bring her to justice. 

[spoiler=Combat Info]

During battle, Kiara can be a bit overzealous. Sometimes biting off more than she can chew, Kiara is notorious for getting herself into sticky situations. That being said, she can usually get herself out of them.  Utilizing her enhanced strength and superhuman durability, Kiara tends to tank the majority of attacks aimed at her. Surprisingly, she is actually quite the talented gymnast and has the ability to dodge most attacks thrown her way, she just likes enduring the hits because of how cool she thinks it looks. Her telepathy works as a type of alarm system in highly dangerous situations, giving her a type of sixth sense that can alert her to hidden threats. It is by no means infallible and  can easily be fooled or taken off guard. 

Should the team need to interrogate someone, Kiara is prepared to use her telepathic abilities to try and get any information the team may need.

[spoiler=Powers/Abilities]

Enhanced Strength: A product of arcane runes that are tattooed across her body, Kiara is able to bench press more than any normal human. That's not to say that she is ready to go toe-to-toe with Superman, but she is strong enough to rip a car door off its hinges and punch thrill brick walls as if they were tin foil.  

Superhuman Durability: A product of the arcane runes that are tattooed across her body, Kiara has a type of magical barrier that protects from both physical and energy based attacks. This barrier does have a limit to what it can take, drawing on Kiara's own stamina with each hit. The tattoos start to fade in appearance the weaker the barrier gets. Over time, they will begin to reappear, thus signalling the revitalization of the barrier. 

Telepathy: It is unknown whether these abilities are a result of an active meta-gene or the influence of the Night Sisters, regardless, Kiara has demonstrated potential in becoming a powerful telepath. Currently, however, her skills are minimal and will require much more training before blossoming to full strength. At the moment, Kiara can sense intense emotions in others and if someone is asleep or in an extremely drowsy state she can begin to pick through memories and information stored in her brain. Through a series of tests and trials, the Justice League has determined that with some practice Kiara will be able to develop the ability to actively read minds, communicate telepathically, conduct psychic attacks, and even influence the minds of others. Obviously, Kiara has a lot of work to do before she gets to that level. 

Acrobatics/Gymnastics: As a part of her Night Sister training, Kiara is a decent gymnast and acrobat, able to 'parkour' across the battlefield. That said, she isn't nearly as skilled as those that specialize in this area and she has no real training in martial arts to compliment this skill.

[spoiler=Inventory]

> Anti-Anxiety Medication

> Sleeping Aids

> Titan Communicator

Other Information:

> Kiara plays with the amulet around her neck when she is feeling particularly anxious

> Kiara is an outspoken promoter of women's rights, racial equality, and a LGBTQ+ advocate

> Kiara is a panromantic demisexual

> Unlike many heroes, Kiara does not have a secret identity and while she goes by Arcana on assignment, her real identity is well known by the public

> Image Credit goes to dA User: Ernz1318

Original RP - Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods

Kiara is my pride and joy. She is probably my favorite of my RP characters and I was so incredibly happy with how she grew in the RP. I got to explore so much of Kiara's backstory and really flesh out her personality. That said, the Kiara that I RPed does not perfectly mirror the character here. I had intended to make her more child-like, play down her psychic powers, and very slowly develop her. However, instead, Kiara quickly became a psychic and physical powerhouse and I was forced to reevaluate what I was going for in the development of this character. Her love of being a superhero was very short-lived and I only got to do one cool 'entrance' with her.

In truth, Kiara's application has some pretty serious flaws, which carried over to my portrayal of her in the RP. If I could go back, I would beef up her powers to start with because they grew at such a quick rate that I never quite believed the development myself. I think what really needs to be stressed is how much of a people pleaser Kiara is, which really took on an interesting light when she was thrust into a leadership position. Believe it or not, I really hadn't intended for Kiara to be the leader of the Teen Titans. I had fully expected Saiba to take that role, but he quickly passed it on to me, which is what I think forced Kiara to take on so many dimensions I never intended for her to have.

Don't mistake this analysis for me disliking how Kiara turned out because IC!Kiara is by far my favorite version of her. And, honestly, that's how it should be, I think, with character. Drawing up an application is one thing, but I think you really discover your character when you let the take on a life of their own. That's what Kiara did for me. 

There was still so much left to explore with this young heroine too. I had so much planned. SPOILER ALERT: Kiara was intended to become evil for a time and even though I teased Saiba and Hollow with the idea that the Titans would have to kill her to stop her...the more I thought about it, the more I secretly thought that, that was what was going to happen. Also, there was quite a bit of shipping going on amongst the players in this RP, but what no one knew was that I had planned for Kiara to enter a relationship with an NPC by the name of Sin, who was a revamped cameo character from a previous Young Justice RP that I had hosted. 

Low-key though, Kiara was the most tragic character ever created and she makes me cry. She deserves only good things.

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT: Kiara was intended to become evil for a time and even though I teased Saiba and Hollow with the idea that the Titans would have to kill her to stop her...the more I thought about it, the more I secretly thought that, that was what was going to happen.

Whaaaaaaaaat?? And it wasn't the whole Teen Tyrants idea with that particular idea but regular Kiara? Oooooooohhhh man...that would've been bad for the team T~T

Though I figured Kiara and Sin was gonna be a thing. Think you mentioned that too...

Either way, Ben (and in turn myself) was happy to have Kiara here as the team leader! "Just don't send me flying off the side of a building again because of an accident." xD

Whaaaaaaaaat?? And it wasn't the whole Teen Tyrants idea with that particular idea but regular Kiara? Oooooooohhhh man...that would've been bad for the team T~T

Yeah!! Y'all would've had to fight TWO evil Kiaras lol. 

Still shipping Kiara x Roxie.  RP or not I ship it.

Okay but honestly same

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Ky'akmen Tuthmorun(WIP)]

dN779kl.png

"One day we will all be swallowed by the sand, but my people, we were born from the desert."

Personal Information:

Name: Ky'akmen Tuthmorun

[spoiler=Appearance]

[in uniform] l [out of uniform]

It is very rare to see Ky'akmen out of his Ashararian Resistance uniform. Like most of the clothing worn by the Asharari people, Ky'akmen's uniform consists mostly of free flowing fabric that can easily breathe under the desert's merciless sun. It covers most of Ky'akmen's skin, protecting him from the blistering rays of the sun. In addition to the fabric, the uniform is made from hardened leather to offer him some protection. Ky'akmen wields a pair of retractable wrist blades that are easily concealed by the folds of his robes. 

Ky'akmen's eyes are a slate gray, and are deeply set. He is normally sporting dark rings beneath his eyes and very rarely smiles. He is impressively tall for an Ashararian, nearly 6 feet tall. On his abdomen, slightly above his right hip there is a large scar from where he was stabbed several years ago. 

[spoiler=Personality]

The Asharari people know discipline. They know order. They know resolve. But, they have never known freedom. For the majority of Ky'akmen's life these are things he knew. Discipline. Order. Resolve. And the hope that one day he would be free. These are the ideals that shape and define him. Accustomed to a hard life, filled with obstacles and tragedy, Ky'akmen does not show much emotion. He quietly takes his lot in life and sees little use for words when action will do. He is incredibly practical and forthright. Without a malicious bone in his body he is truly kind, but he is also honest to a fault and clings desperately to his values. He has a strong sense of attachment to his people and their right to freedom. He has a deep hatred for the Kal'qmar, or any person that would keep another as their slave, and while he does not lust for violence, he is ready to fight for anyone's freedom. 

Ky'akmen gets traumatic flashbacks from his time as a slave sporadically. Very obvious things can trigger it, like the feeling of chains around his wrists. However, sometimes even smaller, seemingly minuscule things can have a drastic effect on Ky'akmen, like the crying of a baby or a certain phrase. Ky'akmen's reactions range from bursts of homicidal anger to introspective depression to desperate panic. There doesn't seem to be a science to what exactly will set Ky'akmen off or how he will react and other than waiting for him to come to terms with the events of his life, little can be done to help him. 

I felt the need to work on a character...but then I got lazy. Stay tuned for more updates :) 

• 3 months later...

[spoiler=Heron Rothbarat]

*checks reflection in spoon when he thinks no one is looking*

Name: Heron Rothbarat

Epithet: Lucky

Sex and Orientation: Male l "Heterosexual"

[spoiler=Appearance]

[image]

It's the eyes. Always the eyes that the writer has to comment on. What is it about them? I suppose that is my job to tell you. So, yes, it is the eyes that are often first remarked on about Heron and later remembered about him. A luminous shade of fiery amber, they often catch the light and dance with dangerous mirth. Shaven close to his head around the sides and back, Heron allows his hair to grow out on top. Though he would never admit it, he wakes up early every morning to make sure his hair looks perfectly disheveled so that he looks good, but not like he cares too much about his appearance. It's the perfect dose of manufactured pretension.

Very proud of his body, Heron keeps in peak physical condition. Hardly hosting an ounce of body fat, he is well muscled and toned; however, he is not overly built. Knowing only a one-handed fighting style that requires quick, lithe movements: Heron can't allow himself to build up too much muscle...as much as he might want to. His height is a bit of sore spot with him, a bit under the average at 5'6". He wears some padding in his boots however that get him up just above 5'7". Still, he yearns to be taller. This, obviously, isn't something he can easily fix, however, and just settles with snapping at anyone taller than him that comments on his height. 

Not wearing too much protective gear, the only real pieces of "armor" that Heron dons are the steel plated guards that are lashed up to his knees and the metal plate that is worn across his chest to protect his heart. Underneath that, he simply wears a sleeveless, leather tunic and hunting breeches. Of course, a warrior would not be complete without some sort of stylish, fingerless glove and wrapping on their forearm (Heron is no exception). Likewise, Heron is never seen far from his sword which boasts a very unusual blade type. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Can you say daddy issues? Personally, I can't. Not without getting a cold shiver down my spine because of the weird connotation that now surrounds the word daddy, but I digress. Anything and everything that this guy does can be traced back to some horrible influence that his father had on him as a child. Essentially, Heron has been acting out for...*checks watch*...his entire life to get attention because being reprimanded is better than being forgotten. Classic story of father failing to live up to son's expectations of being a parent, right? As an adult, these behaviors have manifested to more destructive habits. Excessive drinking. Excessive gambling. Excessive fighting. Excessive excessiveness. I mean the guy is just begging for someone to give him a good lashing. Oh wait, I promised I wouldn't talk about his sex life. Moving on. 

Needing to feel in control ( "Daddy, look at me I am the toughest kid on the playground!" ), Heron doesn't take to subordination well. If he didn't lose a job because he was caught drinking or fighting with a customer, he lost it because he couldn't follow the orders of his superiors. Of course, not really the kind of guy you'd want aboard a ship. Right? I mean, if he can't take orders then what good is he? Fortunately, despite his pride and need to feel in control, Heron is loyal to those that have proven to be good friends or to those that he owes. Gaius falls somewhere in there. So he'll do as he asks. He may b**** and moan, but he'll do as he asks. 

Impossibly vain, Heron is obsessed with his own self-image but is much to proud to admit to that fact. He often to checks his own appearance in mirrors, or any reflective surface really, but if he is called out on it he immediately denies it. The king of melodrama, if things become too dull Heron will overreact to anything to start to liven things. 

He has a hidden passion to be an actor, but knows his father wouldn't approve so never mentions it. Some nights you can hear him practicing classic plays in his cabin. He's not bad.

[spoiler=History]

Heron was born to one of the oldest Houses of Dunhaven, the House of Rothbarat. Known for a very traditional upbringing, those with the Rothbarat name are expected to follow a certain path in life. Go to church. Succeed in the church. Train in the local militia. Succeed in the militia. Return to the church. Meet your wife at the church. Have kids, expect them to do the same. To be quite honest, Heron wanted to live up to that. He really did. Despite his best efforts, however, he just couldn't live up to those expectations. This, of course, caused great contention with his father. Heron was the eldest son and thus had the most pressure to live up to the family name. This led Valon Rothbarat, his father, to result to more unorthodox parenting styles to try and whip Heron into shape. Whatever standard the Rothbarat men were supposed to meet, he just didn't.

Except for one. When in combat training in the local militia, an armed force in the town of Hortenshire, an offshoot of the capital, Heron excelled at all things. Perhaps too much. Beating all his sparring opponents to a pulp, Heron was feared by his fellow trainees as an unpredictable brawler. There were several times that Heron had to be removed from training so that the others would feel safe and continue with their practice. Despite his excellence in combat and weapon arts, Heron didn't exactly impress those in the local militia. His unruliness, tendency for violence, and insubordination were all of great concern to them. Earning him many disapproving visits from his father. But, hey, at least he was visiting. 

As Heron got older, he tried to continue to be a part of the family. However, it was clear that he just didn't belong. He didn't get along with those in Hortenshire like his siblings. He didn't demonstrate leadership like his younger brothers or the same religious zeal of his older sister. Most of all, he couldn't handle the constant disapproval that he got from the eyes of his father on a daily basis. So Heron left Hortenshire for the big city. 

He bounced around from job to job, making honest money where he could. Doing whatever it took to feed himself when he couldn't. Sorrelhale was a big place. Crime could be easily forgotten if you ran fast and hit hard. Eventually, Heron fell in with an old captain of an older seafaring vessel. That's right. Seafaring. He taught Heron a lot about sailing, of which, Heron retained little. What Heron does remember is the guns that the old man had on that boat. Heron listened to the tales of sea battles with rapt attention and cared for those cannons as if they were living things. 

It became a project for him to update the ship, bit by bit, of course starting with the weaponry. So what Heron knows of large weaponry he knows from the mind of an old man and black market dealings. Still, he considers it a pretty good education. It's quite unfortunate that he had just finished the weapon's deck of the old ship when his lifestyle caught up with him. Apparently it doesn't matter how fast you are or how hard you hit. The past eventually catches up. 

Thrown in jail for stealing to get by. Heron was imprisoned for several months before a wealthy aristocrat came to visit. He thought it might be his father when he heard who was visiting. No such luck. That was the day he became indebted to Gaius for bailing him out. When offered a job on HRS Midnight, Heron turned it down originally. Claiming he already had a job. Of course, as all tragedies go, while in jail the old captain that he had grown close to had died. The sea ship impounded. 

Heron returned to Gaius asking if the spot was still open. There was nothing left in Sorrelhale for him now. 

Zodiac Sign: Leo

Weaponry:

• Custom Falchion: Fitted with a one-and-a-half-handed hilt to allow for a versatile one-handed to two-handed switching fighting style, this sword boasts a peculiar shaped blade that Heron keeps in pristine condition.
  • Short-barrel Pistol: Holstered at his hip, Heron carries a pistol, of which he is a good shot. Unfortunately, it does not boast great accuracy at far ranges.

Inventory: 

• Gunpowder & Matches: Heron always has a nice amount of gunpowder and matches on hand. You can fix just about anything with a few explosions.
  • The tools that Heron would need to maintain the heavy weaponry on the ship is far too large to carry on, thus he keeps the majority of his tools stored on the weapons decks.

Aptitudes:

• Weapon Aficionado: Highly knowledgeable about the firepower that just about any airship is packing, Heron's interests don't stop there. His ears tend to perk up at the mention of swords, pistols, or even the measly knife. 
  • Combat Prowess: A highly capable fighter, Heron is a skilled swordsman, brawler, and shooter. Beyond that he has the spirit of a fighter, something that can't be taught. Unfortunately, this makes unpredictable and sometimes overzealous, to the point of being dangerous.
  • Acting: Little known fact, Heron is actually a really good actor. 

Original RP - Duskfall

Today I was reminded of this RP, hosted by Rinne, that never quite got off the ground. However, I crafted a character that I was quite proud of for this story. I remember submitting this character to be reviewed by Cow after this RP fizzled, whom gave it a very generous reviews iirc, but also commented on the strange writing style. However, to me, it is the writing style in this app that I really like because when I read it, I knew I was fully confident when writing the character. It definitely broke the mold, and maybe not for the best, but when I read the app I can feel the confidence I felt when writing that day. 

Another thing very special about this character, and maybe it's because I created him, but I can see where his personality and biography mesh. It's very rare for me to finish with a character and be so proud of the result, but looking back at the character this is something I was genuinely proud of creating. 

Archived