What happened to the card art?

Raptor_Fan_Heilos

Question

Hello there, so I noticed the whole site was down for the past couple of days, so now that I hopped back on I went to finish up a few last touches on some cards of mine, and I ended up noticing that for some reason all of the pictures for the cards are, well, gone. It is now just a white Box that shows up instead. The wording for the effect is still there, the card template is there, just the artwork is gone. Did something happen, or is that just me going through this?

13 answers to this question

First, upload your artwork on some image hosting site e.g. Imgur.

After that, once the image is uploaded and you have it in view (not a thumbnail), right-click it and select "Copy Picture URL" or whatever is your browser's equivalent to that (I'm a Chrome user)

Now go to the Card Maker and you should find a field called "Picture URL" (it's the field with the Upload button next to it). Paste the URL you copied onto that field.

Now render the card and it should have the artwork you uploaded.

Checking on some of my stuff, pics on them are still intact (and they were uploaded to YCM in the past).

As for why some of you don't have pics for your cards (right now, it appears it's newer members), as the TC already mentioned, we just had some downtime for unexplained reasons and the loss of your images may be a result of said downtime (likely the area where your pics are stored got trashed, and that's what happened).

We currently don't know what the hell caused YCM to crash for two days (still trying to figure out the cause), so please don't badger us with questions about it.

Sorry if it seemed like I was. I was just curious about the card art issue, and if others had it. I thought it might of had something to do with he odd downtime. Thanks though for the information.

Some of my old cards lost their artwork as well. Only cards that had images uploaded to YCM's image server are blank, though - The ones with externally-hosted images (i.e. from Photobucket archives) work fine, so this seems to be a problem with YCM's server. Instead of uploading images to YCM, host them elsewhere, copy the link, and paste it in the image field.

It seems only a few of mine came back. I do know how to add card art with images from other sites via links here, but how do I do that when I am on the card maker itself?

Checking on some of my stuff, pics on them are still intact (and they were uploaded to YCM in the past).

As for why some of you don't have pics for your cards (right now, it appears it's newer members), as the TC already mentioned, we just had some downtime for unexplained reasons and the loss of your images may be a result of said downtime (likely the area where your pics are stored got trashed, and that's what happened).

We currently don't know what the hell caused YCM to crash for two days (still trying to figure out the cause), so please don't badger us with questions about it.

Some of my old cards lost their artwork as well. Only cards that had images uploaded to YCM's image server are blank, though - The ones with externally-hosted images (i.e. from Photobucket archives) work fine, so this seems to be a problem with YCM's server. Instead of uploading images to YCM, host them elsewhere, copy the link, and paste it in the image field.

Archived