Little Witch Academia TV

Sleepy

4uthIFX.jpg

[spoiler=Trailers]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372SRI-tDJ8&ab_channel=TheGeekShowPodcastNetwork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRn6cwFSltk&ab_channel=TheGeekShowPodcastNetwork

I've been trying to find a place where I can watch Episode 1 for a while now.

The movies from 2013 and 2015 were animated the old school way, which is hand-drawing everything and painting the backgrounds. Being fancy on the animation department is the original main purpose of the project looking at how the first movie was created as a "Young Animator Training Project" entry. 

Now that it is serialized I expect the animation to be more moderate. I expect it to look more or less as wacky as Kill la Kill was, coming from Trigger and all.

What do you guys think of it?

[spoiler=The opening is all I got right now from the new anime]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylCdY9ODMbI&ab_channel=KZero

I didn't even know there was a 2nd movie, so I watched it shortly after I was told about it xD

Also I re-watched some bits of the first movie to refresh my memories on the series.

About this TV series, I am looking forward to it. The characters left really good impressions in the movies, and there should be a lot of things left to be found out about them. I like that the 3 witches from the 2nd movie will be around, too; they are fun.

Get your "Trigger saves anime" memes ready, bois.

Super fun first episode. I didn't realize it was diverging from the movies, but this is very cool. Interesting how the Shiny Rod showed up this time, I wonder why it was in the forest.

The animation looks slightly more average than the movies, but that's to be expected. Budgets and what not. Still looks good, though, I always love Trigger's style.

Also, who dis dude?

zRTfuL7.png?1

Very curious.

I was basically just pointing him out in the form of a rhetorical question. Having a significant (I assume he's important) male character in a series that's so far been mostly female witches, I wonder what his role will be, doubt he's a teacher or anything. I like his suit.

Also, I've only just now actually gotten a good look at the anime visual, that's an interesting broom she's riding. Wonder what that's about.

I have not watched it yet D:

And yeah, I also saw that guy in the opening and got me curious, since he is the only male in a so far fully female cast, and that could change their interactions and dynamics somehow. Hopefully they won't go for tropes like the protagonist having a painfully obvious crush on him.

Oh, I was hoping for that sort of thing. He looks quite dashing, and that sort of thing is often pretty humorous.

I'm not a big fan of that trope, personally; well it depends on how it's handled. For example, the girl getting a bit shy or blushing around they guy is cute, but in series where it becomes a recurring joke for the crush to suddenly appear and the protagonist going full "puppy eyes" on him, or getting all klutzy and nervous, it can become too silly for me; and considering the personality of the protagonist... I think it leans on the latter.

We shall see how things will be xD

[spoiler=Here's where I found it]

https://9anime.to/watch/little-witch-academia-tv.v8z4/jvoj73

I am trying to still adjust. The designs are largely the same for the most part but the girls look a little older to me than in the movies.

Still, I think the guy looks a bit too mature for most of the cast. I'd suspect him to either be an older brother to a member of the cast or somebody that has to do with Shiny Chariot in some way. He is also pretty much dressed like a magician. A modern one of the kind that'd pull out bunnies out hats.

I finally watched it.

I don't really find anything bothersome about this "design" you mention. I guess I don't have the eye to be picky on that sort of things.

It's kind of soon after a single episode but:

[spoiler=theory time]

The first movie hinted at the teacher being Chariot, so most likely she secretly is Chariot in the TV series as well. As for the shiny rod "conveniently" appearing in the forest, I suspect the teacher sent her it there as an attempt of assisting the girls once she saw they were in trouble. If one wonders how, magic can explain everything in this series.

I really liked the newest episode, and I'm really glad that didn't have Diana as the jabroni-y oujo-sama archetype, and how she really tries to be humble. I think it really improves on her characterization a lot, and I started to like her really quick.

Also I really love the ending song.

I forgot that her last name is Cavendish, combined with her haughty attitude I'm never not gonna think of Cavendish from One Piece.

krBgueM.png?1

It will be interesting to see more of her character. They already had her in the crowd of the Shiny Chariot show in the first episode, so her being an old fan of Shiny Chariot is still a thing, I wonder if Professor Ursula's identity will be delved into more in this series than either of the movies.

So the Shiny Rod will get more consistent use, that's nice. The butterflies were really cool.

ED was nice, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Tbh I kinda find EP5 quite disappointing. The writing felt pretty problematic and how they resolve the conflict with Diana was...well, it felt kinda silly.

Hopefully this isn't the indicator of how they would portray Diana further ahead, it'd be a shame if they missed her flaws here, since before this episode I loved the TV version's portrayal of her.

Tbh I kinda find EP5 quite disappointing. The writing felt pretty problematic and how they resolve the conflict with Diana was...well, it felt kinda silly.

Hopefully this isn't the indicator of how they would portray Diana further ahead, it'd be a shame if they missed her flaws here, since before this episode I loved the TV version's portrayal of her.

Yeah, I agree, before today I was really loving Diana, it felt like her characterization switched completely in this episode. Also the fact that she literally do anything and everything is kind of annoying. Like I get she's a prodigy, but I liked how in the movies and first few episodes there were problems that even she couldn't solve.

I don't think her behavior at the start in the classroom is that bad IMO. Sure in previous episodes her lackeys did the shitalking and she was more reserved and thoughtful than in the movies, but it wasn't really unwarranted considering how much Akko & Co. can push it at school with their everyday happenings.

They did went a bit too far though when she was able to read text that no teacher employed within the last century apparently could. I get it that they don't want the main characters to get publicly recognized for saving the day or attempting to do so, but it really did steal the show a bit too much this time.

- - - -

Anyways, Episode 6:
http://hotanime.me/watch/little-witch-academia-tv-episode-006.html?r=445

It's interesting. I don't feel too motivated to watch an LWA episode when it comes out, but once I do I become totally sucked in and the time flies by. Episode 6 was fun, I liked the visual gags with Akko messing up the transfiguration. Plus, now we know she can perform some magic rather than being an outright squib.

Yeah same thing happens to me.
I love this anime but I don't look for it right when it comes out.

Well, part of it has to do with Trigger being super good at animating yet "hit or miss" at story-telling. I can't be the only one that thinks Kill La Kill was made up as they went.

Also, because episode 1 didn't seem to have enough hype to get subbed on the day it came out. I fell back a week on things because of that.

Today we are supposed to get episode 7 iirc.

im sure im not only one that thinks this series is going into more depth of story from its 2 movie now like Dragonball Super did for Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F. i like Sucy to be my favorite due to her knowledge of potions and other personality, like to see her using Akko as a test subject for her potions like this one

tumblr_ojv13b20EU1v1l4cbo1_500.gif

Archived