Twin Peaks

Johan Liebert

I'm surprised that no one has made a topic about this wonderful show yet. It's coming back this year, and it finally has an official release date (May 21, if I read it correctly). Anyway, I made this topic discuss the show and its cultural impact, in addition to the upcoming return. Personally, it's one of my all-time favorite television shows, and I think it's going to be a rare case of a show coming back after 20+ years and still maintaining its overall quality. Also, how's Annie? :3

• 3 months later...

Just finished watching the second season and...

[spoiler=SPOILER, because this show is super spoilerific, being a whodunnit an' all.]God damn, those last two episodes were tense! So glad I wasn't around to watch it in 1990. The Audrey cliffhanger would have killed me.

Really enjoyed 2.09, the one where Leland/Bob gets caught. I really enjoyed the "gum" reveal and seeing how Cooper reacted to his new knowledge. And when Leland chants the whole "Through the darkness ... walk with me" part under the sprinklers, I just fell in love with the episode. Turning on those sprinklers was probably the only good thing Dick ever did :P

Windom Earle... what an annoying character. I thought that they were saying Winda Merle for way too long, and wtf I thought this show was about Laura!

It really gets me that the whole thing takes place over such a short time, 1 episode = 1 day, right? The only exception being 2.09->2.10 where they take a 3 day break. I mean, town where nothing happens, then Laura's body is discovered and over the next month, so much happens.

Anyway, enough complaints, because this show is just so f***ing good. But you know that, because you've watched it. And if you haven't you've just spoiled it for yourself by reading this.

Now I just gotta watch the film and I'll be all set for May. I'm really happy that I managed to avoid spoilers for this series.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived