Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Stalfos' Character Lair

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

7 replies to this topic

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

The smartest undead being since 1989

• Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts
    Last Visit Jun 02 2017 06:45 PM

So we've got a corner, a castle, a repository, an archive, an arsenal apparently, a gallery and a compendium. All very interesting and all, but we out here in a lair. Cause lairs are so much better than anything ever. Even dungeons, which was my backup plan :/

In all seriousness though, this is where all my characters will be planted for display, starting from next month. I could've started around the same time as everyone else, but I kinda need more memorable male characters before I can really start as I'd like to prove that I'm capable of playing any gender. I could probably start digging through the RP section for anyone I missed playing as, and also throw up a section of future characters when I'm done with the ones I've already made.

But yeah, work on the database itself will begin next month. I'm just making a post now purely to reserve the title :]

• Dad likes this
3DS Friend Code: 4785-4629-0710
^In case ya feel like adding me.

RP's I'm active in (in order of OOC launch)

Posted Image

My very own RWBY RP. I'll always be accepting applicants (on specific conditions, so check the RP itself for more details), so feel free to check it out.
Oh, and the avi? I made it myself :)

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Teiljo Matsubara, the DigiDestined of Faith

We begin with a boy and his pet bug, bumbling along in an adventure that they were forced into hacking away at together with a bunch of strangers... as well as a couple girls that were in his life for a bit, but we'll cross that bridge to it. But first, I'd like to say that even though I've played a fair number of lesbian characters over my 7 year course of role-playing, Teiljo is quite literally my first stab of playing a proper gay male. And he'll probably be my last, since I'm highly uncomfortable playing those type of characters in particular. Between that and the little information I could detail through his app sheet due to time constraints, I wasn't expecting to find myself attached to Teiljo, or Cinder the tag-along FanBeemon. But I proved myself wrong as I played through the RP, and now I'm looking forward to the point where Teiljo and Cinder get their own spotlight (since like all Digimon RPs, everyone gets one). Hence why you see this app here among my favorites.

In its original stage, I had little idea what I would've wanted from Teiljo. All I really had set in stone (apart from the fact that he'd be gay) was that he would have a Virus-type Digimon, and that the two's personalities would wind up being polar opposites from each other. So naturally I thought of the Digimon first. I thought about using a Guilmon for Teiljo's partner, but while I knew for a fact that the only real way I could differentiate from the Tamers' Guilmon was by going Megidramon for the final Mega, that was quickly shot down out of being too inherently evil... so I scrapped the entire line, and looked through a bunch more Virusmons that didn't seem too inherently evil. That's when I found that FanBeemon's line was all Virus, which I wasn't expecting. I was kinda hesitant to use him, partly since I remembered Dharc using a FanBeemon in a previous Digimon RP, and partly because I really dislike the look of CannonBeemon. IMO, that mon in particular is an ugly JABRONI, while the other two aren't all that bad. Thankfully, Broken and I managed to work out an alternate line that Cinder would ultimately take, the only real change being a JewelBeemon for the Ultimate instead of CannonBeemon.

Even to this day, I have no idea who might have pioneered most everyone else into deciding that they'd want their mons to have nicknames as well. It might have been Hyde, it might have been me. But I do know that I always wanted Cinder to have a nickname of his own, since I did not imagine Teiljo being able to tolerate having to see "FanBeemon" all the time when trying to address him. I found a bunch of other names that I thought might work for him, which you can see in this post here, but I ultimately decided Cinder would be the best name. Cinder's creation went off from there, with him being the lazy, bored-out-of-his-mind type that I can foresee competing with Faytl's Kudamon to see who becomes the biggest dick to everyone, and Teiljo being the noble gentleman that hides things about himself, including the fact that he's gay to begin with, just to maximize his chances of managing to please everyone around him. And we all know how well that tends to go...

So yeah, this is Teiljo Matsubara from Digimon: The Dark Continent. More characters will come each Thursday (/Wednesday for most of you guys), so stay tuned to see more :]

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

My very own RWBY RP. I'll always be accepting applicants (on specific conditions, so check the RP itself for more details), so feel free to check it out.

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Mako Yamato: Strega, Sailor, Womanizer

An old favorite from what must have been nearly exactly five years ago. I launched the RP that this guy comes from, SMT Persona: Return of the Dark Hour, just moments after completing a play-through of Persona 3 Portable, eager to show off what was then a newfound knowledge of the Persona franchise. I'd always wanted to see what it was like to play as someone who would share Junpei's personality, but at the same time I always wondered whether the Strega would've tolerated such a personality from him, which I put thought into as I created my own Strega minion. Enter Mako Yamato.

Back then, I still didn't really know Japanese naming very well, so I'd often throw letters in there that I now know damn well have no business being there. As a result, my character naming was more often than not a complete mess. That said, Mako Yamato would easily be one of the best names I could've ever came up with before having discovered that there were sites that were a bit more dedicated to the subject. It was simple, it sounded Japanese enough, and more importantly it rolled off the tongue. There're some references behind it as well; Mako is a shark that can swim up to 60km/h, or 37mph for you MURICANS that're stuck in NINETEEN FIFTY-TWO, and Yamato was the name of a prominent battleship that the Japs used in WWII. Mako's creation went off shortly after I came up with the name.

I was originally going to have Mako be a baller and use his fists in combat, but then I recalled that these things called Emei Piercers existed. I remembered hearing about them and how they were meant to work through an episode of Deadliest Warrior, and the biggest thing I remember is that you could spin them around. Apparently this is meant to serve as a distraction, and between having picked up on that and knowing how much Mako would love to show off, I figured these should be Mako's weapon(s) of choice... though I kept the fighting style the same, however. It should be noted that Mako actually has two different fighting styles, and which one he uses depends entirely on his opponent...'s gender. Against females, he focuses more on disarmament, and actually tries to minimize bodily harm since... y'know, going ham on them would mean ruining all attractiveness. On the flip side, he's more aggressive towards men, and infinitely more eager to land the killing blow.

Unfortunately, as typical of a Stalfos RP, the whole thing never went anywhere near as far as I wanted. I had several Arcana Shadows lined up for the good guys to battle, and I even had a key plot point for Mako in particular where, instead of attending the usual Strega meeting, he'd wind up heading towards where the Shadows normally come out of and learning about a key element in his backstory. But I didn't even get to the first combat stage :/

I might get to use Mako again should another Persona or SMT RP ever pop up, or even try and revive the RP itself and see how far it gets this time. In any case, stay tuned til the next Thursday/Wednesday/whenever, when I unveil the next favorite male character I've played as.

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Damian Fletcher (Alias: Melody Ventura), Disguising His Way Out of Crime

So, I know I promised that I'd have another character up yesterday, and I had full intention on keeping that promise... but then YCM decided to die on everyone the night before. And as you may have guessed, it only just went back about 7 hours ago. Now you know why this app's late to the table :/

But anyway, this is Damian Fletcher, a Pokemon Trainer who had been showcased in one iteration of Pokemon: The Tournament of Legends by Renegade, and then again in Pokemon: The Tournament of Riddles by Faytl. Coincidence? You tell me. I originally wanted to have a custom Mega Masquerain for this evolved Damian, since that's what I had for Legends, but Faytl didn't want customs of any kind. Now that I think about it, he especially won't have liked mine; Scalds are a pain in the ass for physically orientated mons to switch into to begin with, and with this Mega Masquerain having Serene Grace on hand, that would happen more than half the time. For the record, I was more than prepared to scale it down if I needed to, considering burns were unfun to face back then (and still are to some extent despite the nerf to its damage)

...which is why I was surprised that Renegade allowed for it.

It should be noted that I do like playing my traps when I feel in the mood for one, and right now Damian's among the best traps I've played as as of yet. He has used multiple personalities in his past and isn't afraid to mix them around according to the situation he faces, and he also has somewhat of a deep history... even if its mostly about a criminal record that he had garnered from stealing other trainers' Pokemon, and meshing them together to form his own team and see how well they get along with each other. Like most things in their tournament arc, this RP died before any real fun could be had, which was unfortunate. I'd have liked to see how Damian would've got on with the other competitors, though I think interests were being waned across the board.

Stay tuned for the next char. Hopefully YCM doesn't die and force this one to be late like this one here <_<

Posted Image

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Destiny Barrach, the Young Lady That Invites Death

Yeah... turns out I didn't have another favorite male character that I played after all. So, from this point on, all the present day characters I present will be female, since I typically tend to favor my female characters over my male ones. As far as preferences go, that kinda makes me like Yui in a sense, main difference being that I actually choose to play male characters for balance reasons. But anyway, it kinda took me a while to decide who to put up first, since I have so many females.

In the end, I decided that today I'll showcase Destiny Barrach from :Alive: The Southern Suffering. Which has now become a fan-fic. Which I believe Dad is still working on. Updates to that fic come at about as quickly one would expect, considering he's hosting another RP and actually has to do his job as a moderator on top of that. Although I'm a little behind on chapter reading due to trying to get a personal project off the ground, I will say that from what I've read of the fic so far, I like the direction Dad's taking Destiny, and I'd like to extend kudos to him for taking time out of his day to allow her to continually evolve as a character.

Destiny is one of seven survivors hailing from different countries of the world (Lindow doesn't count, since there was no indication of his existence in the RP itself), who was brought into the future to help combat evil beings known as Majin. She comes equipped with a two-handed broad sword called Thanatos, which is named after the Greek God of Death and grants her a variety of special abilities. As you'd expect, Destiny bears the Darkness element through wielding a Fayth associated with death. This actually means that Des gets the short end of the stick, since there were many Majin in the :Alive: Database that resist Darkness, and there was literally none that were weak to it at all. No doubt I was dismayed about realizing this, but I pressed on nonetheless, since it was the better thing to do as an RPer.

Creation was relatively easy after the initial hurdle of deciding which god I wanted to base my Fayth around. The weapon shape was probably my first though, and easily the easiest. Then came spells; the previous incarnation mostly had life steal spells followed by Hypnotic Glare since I couldn't think of anything else before remembering that Thanatos was paired with Hypnos, the god of sleep, and I didn't want to run just two spells. For the Southern Suffering though, I felt obligated to update the app as a whole, and adding two more spells was a big part of it. Unholy Prison represents how Thanatos was bound by chains in order to stop people from dying, and the reason I added a speed buff to A Promise of Death is because Thanatos is actually more known for peaceful deaths... and sometimes the most peaceful death one can give is a quick one. After the combat stuff was handled, the next question I asked myself was... who'd fit the whole Darkness theme?

That question alone is what made me decide that Destiny would be a goth girl, since that was the most obvious answer to that question. Of course, I felt as though I needed ominous sounding name to go with that, and thankfully I'd discovered fantasynamegenerators.com prior to applying for the first :Alive:, so I could scrum around there for a name that I thought would fit. It turned out the word 'destiny' could actually be used as a girl's first name, so I just went with that, although I wound up changing the surname because I wanted Des to have a Scottish accent that she'd have gotten from her father. Bio was the hardest thing, because it always is for me personally, but I eventually managed to scrounge one up that was acceptable... and didn't actually need much updating, thankfully :]

And there you have it. Des gets the honor of being the first of my favorite female characters to be showcased. Stay tuned for the next one.

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Aurora Steele, A Cute And Lovable Mountainous-Breasted Dummy

C'mon, you know I was gonna play someone with mountain-tits at some point of time during the course of my RPing. Don't pretend you didn't see that coming <_<

Anyway, this was meant to be one of my fun characters. It'd been a while since I let go of the more serious archtype that I'm used to, and fortunately for me, an RP cropped up in which a comedy-orientated character would fit in without ruining the experiences of everyone else that made a character for it as a whole. The RP in question was called Sion's School of Misfit SPP's, and in it was the girl that I'm showcasing today, Aurora Steele.

Unfortunately, Sion's School fell faster than even my RPs usually do... and that was a damn shame. I myself only managed one or two posts before the RP kicked the bucket, and I didn't even get to see how she'd fare against the first boss. Although I'd question how quickly he was introduced.

Aurora is one of my favorite characters not because of the creation itself, but because of all the things I was planning to do with her. I want to be able to use Aurora, at least use something along the lines of what I've done, for another RP that would allow for a comedy-orientated character without ruining the overall experience, even if the RP itself winds up to be comedy-orientated. But I feel as though that's like asking all the stars in the sky to align :/

For the record however, it should be noted that although I do follow the "bigger is better" approach, I'm actually perfectly fine with any size of breast for the most part. I'm not the most comfortable with flat girls, I'll admit, but I can live it as long as they're not being overly sexualized or something...

Oh, and for those of you who noticed the broken link, I tried to fix it. The image itself had been removed from Safebooru, and while I did manage to find a similar image, that one has the girl's shirt open and a visible bra, which I didn't think was suitable for posting on YCM. I don't know why Safebooru decided to keep that one and ditch the one that I already had previously, and I don't approve of that decision, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Kai Alvarado will be next week's addition to the almighty Lair of Characters. Stay tuned until then :]

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Kai Alvarado, A Nephilim Sorely Lacking In Conscience

Originally I was gonna use Kai for Sion's School of Misfit SPP's as well, to go along with Aurora Steele above. I believe I had her surname as Sanchez instead of Alvarado at that time, and I had a slightly different appearance for her as well. But I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted from Kai from that stage, and by the time I had any ideas... I think you know what happened already. But anyway, needless to say that I was dismayed, but thankfully I was able to bring Kai into Golden Gate Empire: Dreams of Grandeur instead, where she actually got the chance to shine... to some extent.

"Some extent?"

Yes, Kai. Some. And what the hell're you doing here, anyway? You're supposed to be fighting Rawal back in the Church of Jubilee.

"Oh that? That's been paused at the moment. We're still waiting on that other writer to let us know if that geezer actually took a hit."

We are, too. I'll see what's going on after I've finished here, but first...

As you guys may have noticed, I'd given Kai the ability to make momentary breaks through the fourth wall. I contemplated on mentioning it as one of her four abilities that our characters, but I didn't really think it would achieve anything useful, so I kept it a secret until now. The idea came to me when Cowcow filled his app for Bethany in a unique way, making it look as though Bethany herself was freely giving out information about herself. Seeing that, I thought I'd try it for myself.

"And now you know why I've been spouting out all this HELL YEAH about myself while Stalfos usually writes it down for all the other characters he writes up. He even made me give out my BWH ratio, the damn sleaze! And all because I wanted that fourth wall awareness. Not to mention that he wound up under-powering me through locking my Divine Judgement spell and telling me he'd keep it locked until the first round at the very least. I'm pretty sure he regrets making that play now, and I hope that's actually the case because it really pissed me off. I could have used that Divine Judgement right about now!"

To be fair Kai, I wasn't expecting to have such a bad match-up as Rawal is for you right of the bat. Neither of us were.

Honestly, the best match-up I could've possibly hoped for was Kai against Bethany, since the two of them would've been at the lowest tier out of all eight of the finalists. I'd like to think Kai would've won that specific match-up in the end, but I'd prefer it if we actually had the chance to play it out so I'd know for sure. Another match-up I wouldn't have minded Kai having would be against Lace, which I believe was the preferred match all-round. But I guess that's what RNGesus does best; screw over anything and everything at any single point of time. Oh well; all things considered, the current battle is actually going well for Kai despite the natural disadvantage. True, she owes a lot of her survival of this round to her alliance with Choros, the stage boss of the Church of Jubilee. But I just had Kai launch an attack (specifically a shotgun blast) at Rawal so then it feels less like the win is being outright handed to her, but we'll see what that actually accomplishes.

Oh, and for those of you who care, the other significant bad match-up for Kai would be against Mango, whose long reach practically negates any advantage that the shotgun normally has against melee characters and prevents Kai from dealing any meaningful damage without the risk of being swiped herself. Though there's no way in hell we'd actually get to see such a fight actually go down now, is there, Kai?

"You kidding? I'd have surrendered right of the bat if it means getting away from that reeking jabroni!"

Uh huh. Anyway, you better get back into position. If this certain other writer we're currently waiting on actually manages a post before you get back, I might have to write a lil' something about you somehow being caught out of bounds on the arena...

"Seriousl-(?) ...yeah, alright."

And you guys stay tuned for next week's character, another one from my collection of personally hosted RPs.

Posted Image

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts

Skyler Gallegos, Daughter of an Infamous Criminal Mastermind

Here, we have probably the most spineless character ever to be put in a leadership position. This is Skyler Gallegos from RWBY: A Fang's Mark, the second most recent RP I've ever made on YCM. The RP itself is also the second RWBY RP ever to hit the YCM's shelves, the first being one that was made by Parenthesis. The biggest problem that stopped that RP from even managing an IC was that people took too long to make characters for all the teams that had to be filled before it could begin. With my one, I managed to counteract the problem by filling up the spare slots with NPC's that each team could interact with. I do intend to reboot this RP someday, but I still haven't decided on when I'd wanna do. Perhaps when Sai gets back from his funk, if only so I catch as many people that were previously in it as possible. (Out of those I'd want back, ofc.)

But I digress; back to talking about Skyler. A lot of the inspiration I got for investment into the creation of Skyler's character was taken from Jaune Arc, the leader of Team JNPR from the RWBY show itself. In one of the Season 1 episodes, Jaane outright states that he falsified transcripts and lied his way into getting in Beacon Academy when he's talking to Phyrra on a rooftop. You can see in the bio that I've taken a similar approach with Skyler, who was desperate to get herself into Shade Academy so that she would no longer be vulnerable to the White Fang's recruitment schemes, which Mirage Academy had little protection from. Jaune also begins as a rather meek fighter for the first few episodes before evolving into the character he becomes; this is a key element that I've also placed into Skyler. However, the similarities end here.

Skyler faces a lot of discrimination, not just purely because of the fact that she's a Faunus, but also because of her father Malachi, who has broken out of the Vacuo Correctional Facility along with known members of the White Fang. She hides her snake tail under her dress for these reasons, as she wants to come off as a relatively unremarkable human being. I'd left room for Skyler to finally come out of her shell without breaking character, which I had intended to do in about the middle of the RP before it died right at the start. But yeah, Skyler's spinelessness was a key part of her character, and her cruel upbringing would be more than enough to influence that spinelessness to the fullest.

Stay tuned for the next character I unveil.

Posted Image

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users