[Leaderboard] Season 15 Postseason (Match LL2)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

General stuff

- First to 3 votes or whoever gets the most votes by 9 pm HST on 1/13/2017 wins
- Voters must elaborate on their votes.
- If neither card is deemed sufficient, you may vote card C to indicate a draw.
- Participants or I reserve the right to nullify votes if reasoning is insufficient.
- I reserve the right to tie-break if this ends in a 0-0 or equal score.

- Winner moves on to finals and receives a rep from the opponent
- All voters will get reps for accepted votes.

Requirement

Make a card based on Hawaiian religion.

====

Card A

kane__arbiter_of_ancestry_by_bdsceptyr-d

Kāne, Arbiter of Ancestry
LIGHT | Level 10 | Fairy | Effect

2500/2550
 During either player's turn, if the effect of a card on the field resolves that would destroy a monster(s) on the field, while this card is in your hand: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, return all other monsters on the field to the hand. When this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Pō Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 10/2550 ATK/2500 DEF) to your opponent's field. During either player's turn: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand whose ATK or DEF is equal to this card's ATK or DEF, then make this card lose ATK and DEF in multiples of 100 (min. 500). You can only use each effect of "Kāne, Arbiter of Ancestry" once per turn.

Card B

PE8xHRf.jpg

Pele, the Eruptive Deity

Rank 4 | FIRE | Pyro | Xyz | Effect

2400/1600
2 Level 4 monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon from your Deck, 1 monster with the same Level as the targeted monster, but with a different original Attribute. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster you control that has a Level; add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand, with the same Level as the targeted monster, but with a different original Attribute, then inflict 800 damage to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Pele, the Eruptive Deity" once per turn.

====

Alright guys, just vote.

NOTE

For language/semantic purposes, I have added the appropriate diacritics for naming in the written form, in the event voters cannot see the images. I already told both members that it's perfectly acceptable to not use the macron due to the cardmaker limitations. The card pics themselves have been left alone, but otherwise have the exact same effects/stats as written beneath.

Card A is... eh. It has a nice disruptive effect, but the turnaround of it is that the opp gets a fairly big monster that can just mow down this card. Since the only monsters with 2550 ATK or DEF are old rituals or an xyz, the summoning effect is kinda useless if you don't have a 2500 monster in hand immediately, and on top of that you loose out on the already kinda meh stats that this card has. In all honesty, I' m not impressed. 

Card B is a r4nk. Already it has potential because of how widespread 4s are. Now then, the effects are kinda bonkers imo. While not a lot of decks these days have cards with diff attributes, being able to freely summon and search a monster of any level as long as you have one in the grave and on the field is kinda big imo. Not only that, but you can immediately break even because you can use both effs. I dunno, this card seems kinda... explosive.

I'm... kinda disappointed here.  One card is kinda under powered, while the other is nearing the OP side of things. I don't like that, and because of that I really wanna vote Card C, if allowed. 

You technically can vote C, but then I'd end up having to tiebreak. 

I don't really mind it, but then you can expect it to be a pain in the neck b/c of balancing issues and then factoring in the flavor notes behind the cards; considering the theme is drawing from our indigenous religion (and I had to learn about it throughout the course of my education).

You all just need to know the general surface details, and not the more intricate things you'd have to learn from a religion course; which I have to take as a "filler" for college. (If you can mention some of the flavor notes, if you know them, then it might help you on the flavor component of grading; otherwise, rest is generally okay and I can take the vote.)

===

In this case, your best option would be to just choose the lesser of the two (A or B); which one has the more "tolerable" flaws?

I could just declare this a draw, and then have BDS and Yuri settle this in the final with you; a three-way. At this point, this Postseason is already unorthodox (didn't have 8 members, so one round was omitted; would've had a 3-way in the prelims but one participant didn't show up so it became a normal match, and delays in hosting due to personal issues and YCM downtime).

===

You know what; I probably should just have these two decide it in the final; unless I want to delay the Postseason until February or something by making you/me choose the member you fight.

Archived