Sharkraken Remake?!

TheEternalUnicorn

Have a remake of a fish cause I got bored and pulled it out of a box of old cards

Sharkraken NEO

Lvl 6 WATER

Fish Effect

You can Special Summon this card from your Hand or Graveyard by tributing 1 WATER monster you control. You can only Special Summon 1 "Sharkraken NEO" per turn this way. Once per turn, you can banish 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard; Target 1 monster your opponent controls: Destroy it. If this card leaves the Field: Special Summon as many banished monsters as possible banished for this cards effect.

ATK 2400 DEF 2100

Could be used in Mermails, idk

CnC appreciated

Sharkraken happens to be my favorite Fish-type monster, so I really can't help commenting on a retrain of it.

Looking at it as a whole: it's a decent beater (w/ ridiculously easy summoning conditions), good enough spot removal, and a floating effect that's a pseudo-Monster Reborn for WATERs. That said, I believe this is way too good as generic attribute support without some kind of restriction. I would personally say either remove or amend the float effect (as that is the piece that could become most problematic down the line) and maybe half its ATK on Special Summon (or something like that).

Admittedly, there currently isn't a deck that could really set this card up and take full advantage of it. However, a card like this might be a designing hassle simply because it truly is easy to make this card broken ("Elder Entity Norden" looping?)

First off, thanks for reviewing the card (means a lot)

​Thinking about it more I'm likely going to remove the floating as a whole as thinking it might be too good for a Generic WATER support, 

OR

I could limit it to "Special Summon 1 WATER monster that was banished for this cards effect but it's effects are negated" which would make it more balanced I think (Didn't think of other cards when I made this card)

Archived