Outerblivion Archetype

Yuya-Kun

I was on Archetype Game, and Tinkerer wanted someone to make Outerblivion, so i made outerblivion's idea. Then made it an Archetype. Here it is

In a Nutshell, this deck destroy's, burns and revives before burning again

[spoiler=Monster's]

Mxs7oAT.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Outerblivion" Monster from your Hand, but you cannot Special Summon Monster's for the rest of the turn, except "Outerblivion" Monsters. 

9DbvtMR.jpg

If you control an "Outerblivion" Monster, you can Special Summon this monster from your Hand, but if you do, you cannot Special Summon Monster's for the rest of the turn except "Outerblivion" Monster's. If this card you control is destroyed, you can target 1 "Outerblivion" Spell or Trap card in your Graveyard, return that target to your Hand.

4i2JsNG.jpg

If you control an "Outerblivion" Monster, you can Special Summon this monster from your Hand, but if you do, you cannot Special Summon Monster's for the rest of the turn except "Outerblivion" Monster's. If this card you control is destroyed, you can add 1 "Oterblivion" card from your Deck to your Hand.

nmRVUqY.jpg

If you control an "Outerblivion" Monster, you can Special Summon this monster from your Hand, but if you do, you cannot Special Summon Monster's for the rest of the turn except "Outerblivion" Monster's. If this card you control is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 "Outerblivion" Monster in your Graveyard but it's ATK and DEF become 0 until your next standby phase.

[spoiler=Spells]

yR4rKjX.jpg

Special Summon as many "Outerblivion" Monster's in your Graveyard as possible in attack position, but if you do, their ATK and DEF become 0 until the end phase

jXqY2Ep.jpg

Once per Turn: add 1 "Outerblivion" Monster from your Deck to your Hand, and if you do, destroy 1 "Outerblivion" Monster you control. You can only use the effect of "Outerblivion Charge Cannon" once per turn, and only once that turn.

BdNpGri.jpg

Destroy all "Outerblivion" Monster's you control, discard 1 card, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined DEF of all "Outerblivion" Monster's you control

[spoiler=Traps]

vnXBuWG.jpg

Destroy all "Outerblivion" Monsters you control, inflict damage to your opponent equal to halve the combined ATK of all the destroyed monsters.

edEPP2q.jpg

Activate only if you control no monster's, banish as many "Outerblivion" Monster's in your Graveyard as possible, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to halve the combined ATK and DEF of all "Outerblivion" Monster's banished by this effect. You can only activate "Final Outerbliviate" once per duel.

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters]

aMkO6tc.jpg

2 Level 4 "Outerblivion" Monster's

Once per Turn: If your opponent takes damage, (except during the damage step) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, inflict 700 damage to your opponent. If this card you control is destroyed except during battle, you can Special Summon up to 2 "Outerblivion" Monster's from your graveyard, but their ATK and DEF become 0 until your End Phase.

xAjPvrt.jpg

Once per Turn: If your opponent takes damage, (except during the damage step) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, add 1 "Outerblivion" Spell or Trap card from your Deck to your Hand, and if you do, you can activate it. If this card is destroyed, except during battle, all "Outerblivion" Monster's you control gain 400 ATK and DEF, but they cannot attack this turn.

ubqCRnC.jpg

When this card is Xyz Summoned, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per Turn while this card has an Xyz Material: If you control a monster with 0 ATK, your opponent cannot target monsters you control with card effect's, also, "Outerblivion" Monster's you control cannot be chosen as attack target's. During the End Phase, Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card

iq0evqZ.jpg

3 Level 4 "Outerblivion" Monster's

When this card is Xyz Summoned, Special Summon 3 "Outerblivion" Monster's from your Graveyard. Once per Turn, if your opponent takes damage, except during the damage step, detach 1 cuz material double the damage taken. If this card is destroyed except by battle, you can set 2 "Outerblivion" Spell or Trap card's from your Deck.

I'll give it a shot, but before that, dear goodness, please just stop using apostrophes for anything on your cards - I have yet to see a card you've done that needs an apostrophe anywhere and yet you keep sticking them where they don't go. I don't want to sound like a grammar Nazi - there are a lot more typos and things I could harp on if I wanted to do that - but I have serious OCD about apostrophes going where they don't belong.

First, JellisOP is right - there isn't such a thing as Alien-Type Monsters. If you want to keep the Alien-Type thing I think you're required to move it to Casual Multiples, but I may be wrong so double-check. The Xyz Monsters probably ought to be Machine-Types as well, though I could see you making Boulder a Rock-Type. Personally I would make all of them be either Machine or Reptile, with perhaps a couple cards also supporting the Alien Archetype. Now for the individual reviews. We'll begin with the Xyz Monsters and go up the page.

I like PlanetShuttle, but the text could use some cleanup - it reads "Detach one cuz Material" for example. After cleanup, it should read: "When this card is Xyz Summoned: Special Summon up to 3 "Outerblivion" Monsters from your Graveyard. If your opponent would take effect damage: You may Detach 1 Xyz Material; Double the damage taken. You may only use this effect of "Outerblivion PlanetShuttle" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You may Set up to 2 "Outerblivion" Spell or Trap cards from your Deck." The reason I changed the text to say effect damage is because the only types of damage taken are effect and battle damage, and battle damage has to happen during the damage step so it's just effect damage you're trying to target here. Same thing with it being destroyed by a card effect - it can only be destroyed by battle or by card effect, and you're trying to trigger when not destroyed by battle, leaving card effects. The "Up to" parts are because otherwise you have to Summon or Set exactly 3 Monsters, no more, no less, or 2 Spell/Trap cards, no more, no less, and I'm assuming you wanted to be able to get less than the specified number in case you didn't have space or didn't want more for like a Level Eater or something.

Malfunction actually looks a bit crazy - if all your Monsters are "Outerblivion" Monsters, and one has 0 ATK, your opponent is screwed for however many Battle Phases they want. I can still get around it by Summoning E-HERO Absolute Zero, bouncing him with Form Change or using him to Fusion Summon some other HERO, then triggering his effect to wipe your Field, but outside of blanket destruction cards you've got yourself a pretty nice wall. You shouldn't, however, have the "Once per turn" clause as that's a Continuous effect, not a Trigger or Ignition effect. Cleaned up, the card should read: "When this card is Xyz Summoned: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent. While this card has Xyz Material and you control a Monster with 0 ATK: Your opponent cannot target Monsters you control with card effects, and "Outerblivion" Monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks. During each End Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card."

Boulder is a free activated Spell/Trap from the Deck just by using some random burn card - I can turn my 200-damage "Sparks" into who-knows-how-much-damage "OUTERBLIVIATE" which, by the way, was worded most unfortunately ineffectively and I'll get to it soon. This sort of thing is, of course, very fun to do to someone else and not very fun to have done to you. Alternatively, if you aren't ready to use anything in your Deck yet, you just add it to hand for later. In other words, I like this, but it feels like too much - drop either the add to hand or the activation. Cleaned up, the card should read: "If your opponent takes effect damage: You may detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Add 1 "Outerblivion" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand, then you may activate it. You may only use this effect of "Outerblivion Boulder" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: All "Outerblivion" Monsters you control gain 400 ATK and DEF, but "Outerblivion" Monsters you control cannot attack this turn."

Arachnid sets up for Malfunction to trigger its fun little Continuous effect, that one about not killing your guys. Overall, not too bad, but not super great either. Cleaned up, it should read: "If your opponent takes effect damage: You may detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Inflict 700 damage to your opponent. You may only activate this effect of "Outerblivion Arachnid" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You may Special Summon up to 2 "Outerblivion" Monsters from your Graveyard, but their ATK and DEF become 0 until your next End Phase."

Final Outerbliviate looks like a nice little back-to-the-wall type of card, and I like that you balanced it by adding the activation condition. Cleaned up, the card should read: "If you control no Monsters: Banish as many "Outerblivion" Monsters in your Graveyard as possible, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined ATK and DEF of all "Outerblivion" Monsters Banished by this effect. You may only activate one "Final Outerbliviate" per Duel."

I'll send you to Outerblivion! …This one confuses me. If you can tell you didn't need the apostrophes for this card, why are they still randomly sprinkled throughout all the other cards?! …Look. I'm sorry. I'm super tired right now and apostrophes…a-anyway, not much cleanup required, but the card would read: "Destroy all "Outerblivion" Monsters you control; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined ATK of the Monsters destroyed by the effect of this card."

OUTERBLIVIATE seriously hurts me because it was such a good idea, particularly with PlanetShuttle doubling the damage, even though you thought to give them all awful DEF to balance the card, but you juuuuust missed it with the wording - you can't inflict any damage because the card specifies "Outerblivion" Monsters you control, but you destroyed them all so there isn't any "Outerblivion" Monsters to contribute their meager DEF to the damage. Cleaned up and changed to fix this mistake, the card would read: "Discard 1 card and destroy all "Outerblivion" Monsters you control; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined DEF the destroyed Monster(s) had while on the Field."

Outerblivion Charge Cannon is a good idea, but you made it so that you have to use its effect by not adding "You may…" before the effect. Also, you've made it specify Once per turn in three different ways when you really only need one. With the change added, the card reads: "You may add 1 "Outerblivion" Monster from your Deck to your hand, then destroy 1 "Outerblivion" Monster you control. You may only use the effect of "Outerblivion Charge Cannon" once per turn.

Outerblivion Respark is a mass-target Archetype-specific Monster Reborn with what's honestly a minimal backlash IF you can consider it a backlash as you can just use them all for an Xyz Summon and presto, free Xyz Monsters. Super ridiculous. Kill this NOW.

I'd love to get the Monsters, but I've gotta go, so I'll get those tomorrow.

I'd watch out for this deck, as Outerblivion Brace can Summon itself, and this deck seems like it is able to search it easily. With cards like Backfire and King Tiger Wanghu out there, there may be some ways to infinitely burn your opponent, and there may even be better combos that can take advantage of mass summon spam than that if I had longer to look. Not to mention it can just be used to defend by itself unless your opponent runs banish/return to hand/return to deck.

That's my actual review, but you should also know that fake types shouldn't be posted here.

Archived