[Finished]Catman's Cardmaker Challenge #1 [FINISHED]

CatmanDaGamer

Catman's Cardmaker Challenge #1

"Alright people, it's go time!" - CatmanDaGamer (2017)

Theme: As this is my first time hosting a card competition, I'm going with the one archetype that I don't stink at using. For this competition, you are to create a card that supports the Odd-Eyes Archetype.

bb5e12e862d074e4ec617c0cf4dcb5f3ad65b217

Entry Fee: No entry fee is required. If you want, you can donate points to the pot. Just simply tell me how many points your adding to the pot in this thread, and then send me the points.

Prizes: Well, uh... this is a little awkward. You see, I'm pretty broke at the moment, so I can't give out my own points.
[spoiler=With that being said...]1st Place: 10 reps and 50% of the pot
2nd Place: 6 reps and 30% of the pot
3rd Place: 4 reps and the remaining 20% of the pot
Everyone gets a rep for participation, and an additional rep for donating to the pot.

Deadline: January 30th, 2017

Rules:

• My judging is final and my word is law. If you have a problem with this, then fill out a form and leave it at the complaint office.
[spoiler=The Complaint Office]trash_can_PNG18457.png

• On a serious note, if you have any suggestions on how I could improve my judging or contest hosting, please post it in this thread when the competition is complete.
  • I am allowed to add or remove rules if I see fit.
  • Custom types and attributes are not allowed.
  • Once you have submitted a card, there's no going back. You can only change the name, or make some minor OCG fixes to your card.
  • Both written and picture cards are allowed. Regardless of which format, however, all statistics of the card must be written down.
Participants:
  • TheKing070701
  • JellisOP
  • Tinkerer
The Pot: 4000 Points
[spoiler=Scoring Rubric]Balance/Usablility - 60 Points: Is your card super overpowered, and hits like a freight train on steroids? Is your card so stunningly weak, that it gets trampled by the worst of cards? Would there be a reason to even run it as opposed to other cards?

Creativity/Flavor/Originality - 30 Points: Do the name, effect, image (if you have one), and stats of the card meld together well? Is your card original? Did you rip it off of a previously exsisting card or archetype?

OCG (Official Card Grammar) - 10 Points: Is your card effect easy to understand? Is everything punctuated correctly? Clarity is key in this category.

I'm in, and mine wiall be themed...appropriately. How do I donate to the pot?

Will, sorry

P.s. Can it be written? I don't have access to create Pendulms.

Welcome to the Competition! Written cards are definitely allowed.

To donate to the pot, all that you have to do is go to my profile, click on the Donate button, and enter in the points you want to give. Don't forget to post how many points that you've donated in this thread, so I don't mistake them for my own.

Donated. Also, here's my entry:

[spoiler Odd-Eyes Potential]Odd-Eyes Potential

Spell

Activate by targeting 1 "Odd-Eyes" or "Pendulum Dragon" monster you control that was Special Summoned from the hand or Extra Deck. Activate the appropriate effect depending on the card targeted:

-Fusion: Add the spell/trap used to Fusion Summon that target from your Graveyard to your hand. Also, your opponent cannot activate card effects when that monster attacks.

-Synchro: Special Summon 1 Pendulum tuner monster from your Deck then reduce that target's level by the level of the summoned monster. Also, that target gains piercing.

-Xyz: The target gains a level equal to its Rank. Also, that target can make a second attack this turn.

-Pendulum: Destroy that target and 2 other cards on the field. Then, if at least 1 of your Pendulum Zones is empty, you can place the target in an empty Pendulum Zone.

-Ritual: Add the spell/trap used to Ritual Summon that target from your Graveyard to your hand. Then, you can send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard whose level is less than or equal to the target's.

You can only activate 1 "Odd-Eyes Potential" per turn.

Here's my entry.

[spoiler=Odd-Eyes Malefic Dragon]Lv 7/Pendulm/Effect.

Pendulum scale 4

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Magician", "Odd-Eyes", or "Malefic" Monsters. This effect can't be negated. Once per turn, when An "Odd-Eyes"or "Malefic" Monster declares attack, your opponent cannot activate spell or trap cards. You can only activate that ability once per turn.

Monster effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned (from the Hand or Extra Deck) except by Banishing 1 "Odd-Eyes" Monster from your Deck, Hand, or face up from your Extra Deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" Monster on the field. If there is no face-up Pendulum or Face-Up Field Spell on the field, destroy this card.

Here's my entry.

[spoiler=Odd-Eyes Malefic Dragon]Lv 7/Pendulm/Effect.

Pendulum scale 4

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Magician", "Odd-Eyes", or "Malefic" Monsters. This effect can't be negated. Once per turn, when An "Odd-Eyes"or "Malefic" Monster declares attack, your opponent cannot activate spell or trap cards. You can only activate that ability once per turn.

Monster effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned (from the Hand or Extra Deck) except by Banishing 1 "Odd-Eyes" Monster from your Deck, Hand, or face up from your Extra Deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" Monster on the field. If there is no face-up Pendulum or Face-Up Field Spell on the field, destroy this card.

This card is all good and dandy, but you forgot to write the ATK and DEF.

Sorry it passed me.

Lv 7/Pendulm/Effect.

Pendulum scale 4

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Magician", "Odd-Eyes", or "Malefic" Monsters. This effect can't be negated. Once per turn, when An "Odd-Eyes"or "Malefic" Monster declares attack, your opponent cannot activate spell or trap cards.

Monster effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned (from the Hand or Extra Deck) except by Banishing 1 "Odd-Eyes" Monster from your Deck, Hand, or face up from your Extra Deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" Monster on the field. If there is no face-up Pendulum or Face-Up Field Spell on the field, destroy this card. 2500ATK/2000DEF

[spoiler=Odd-Eyes Kuriboh]Odd-Eyes Kuriboh

Type: Fiend/Effect

Level: 1

Attribute: DARK/ ATK: 300 DEF: 200

Effect: When an “Odd-Eyes” monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect: You can discard this card, and if you do; it is not destroyed, also you gain LP equal to half that monster’s ATK. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 “Odd-Eyes” card from your Deck to your hand.

Here is my entry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this isn't, but at the same time, TC's been on daily so I don't know if he's busy with coursework / part-time job or other factors. 

But yeah Catman, make sure you grade these quickly or have someone else do it for you. You don't want to keep the participants waiting longer than they have to.

Odd Eyes Astroligy Magician

Scale 3

ATK/2500 DEF/2000

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn: you can target 1 pendulum monster except this card; Destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Odd Eyes" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect]

When this card is Normal, or Special Summoned: target 1 "Odd Eyes", or "Magician" Pendulum monster; Special Summon it, but it's effects are negated. If this card destroys a Defense position monster: inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Odd Eyes Astroligy Magician

Scale 3

ATK/2500 DEF/2000

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn: you can target 1 pendulum monster except this card; Destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Odd Eyes" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect]

When this card is Normal, or Special Summoned: target 1 "Odd Eyes", or "Magician" Pendulum monster; Special Summon it, but it's effects are negated. If this card destroys a Defense position monster: inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

You should've signed up a couple weeks ago, as the contest is closed to entries and Catman is grading at this time. 

Ugh. It's finally Saturday, and you know what that means!

[spoiler=REVIEWS!]TheKing
So we have an Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon-esque effect here. A slightly better Mirage Dragon, at that, since you don't need an Odd-Eyes card in your Pendulum Zone. I can see this being used quite a bit in certain decks. Especially with this card’s second effect, making it a useful alternative to Sky Iris. Overall, this is a pretty great card, maybe not enough to run in some decks, but a great card nonetheless.
Balance/Usability: 56 Points

I personally love merging certain archetypes, and adding new cards to old archetypes or decks (take Crystal Vanguard for example). I think that this blends in well with the Kuriboh cards, and isn't too complicated.
Creativity/Flavor: 24 Points

“You can discard this card, and if you do; it is not destroyed, also you gain LP equal to half that monster’s ATK.”
What if I destroy the Odd-Eyes with a card effect, like Mirror Force? Always be mindful of those kinds of things. Other than that, however, your OCG is up to standard.
OCG: 8 Points

Total: 88 Points

JellisOP
Odd-Eyes and Malefics? That wasn't what I was expecting. It's actually pretty balanced, but I see a couple of issues. First, this card's Pendulum Effect says that only Magician, Odd-Eyes and Malefic monsters can be Pendulum Summoned. The only Malefic monster that can be Pendulum Summoned is Malefic Parallel Gear, and that's only a Level 2 Tuner. And since Malefics Special Summon themselves pretty easily, the Pendulum Scales aren't necessary. My second problem, is that the Malefic archetype hinders this card too much. This would be a pretty decent card if it wasn't automatically destroyed if there are no face up cards in the Pendulum Zones or any face up Field Spells. Heck, use this and then chain into Malefic Red-Eyes, and then you get an easy Rank 7, and then you can Summon another Malefic right afterwards.

Now, using this in an Odd-Eyes/Magician deck is a different story. While the Pendulum Effect might be a little annoying in some cases, as it limits the monsters you can Pendulum Summon (Personally, I prefer using Majespecters with my Odd-Eyes), it does add the nice Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon-like effect.
Balance/Usability: 50

The flavor in this card is pretty good. It doesn't deviate from Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon's stats, and adds in some of the standard criteria needed to be a Malefic monster.
Creativity/Flavor: 23

First of all, you can't chain anything to this card. This is due to the lack of colons and semicolons in the card text. These are extremely important, for without them, your opponent can't activate certain card effects against this monster (such as Solemn Strike or Majespecter Tempest).

The monster type is not listed, and while everyone would assume that it is a Dragon-type, the type listing is still important.
OCG: 4

Total Points: 77

----------

Tinkerer
Woah. This is probably the best Odd-Eyes Spell card yet. This supports every Odd-Eyes monster equally well, and allows into grander plays. Nobledragon Magician forced to be shuffled into your deck? Need an easy way to bust out Odd-Eyes Rebellion/Raging Dragon without using Xiangke's awkward scale? Use this card and all of your worries flutter away. It has nice Zone Jumping and Twin Twister effects if you tribute a Pendulum Monster. Top notch.
Balance/Usability: 60

Odd-Eyes Potential; this card has so much, well, potential. The name fits quite nicely with the effect, since it can be used so many different ways.
Creativity/Flavor: 28

Your OCG is great, but I have one concern. What if you Fusion Summon an Odd-Eyes/Pendulum Dragon card with a monster effect like Performapal Splashmammoth or Fusion Parasite?
OCG: 8

Total Points: 96

Tinkerer is the winner, with King in second and Jellis in third! Thank you to all who have particitpated, and prizes will be distributed momentarily!

Quick Note: All Reps will not be given today, because I have hit my Rep limit for today.

Archived