RP Smash [IC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

Rdlv7J2.png

ย 

ย 

As the day continued on, Cyan basically spent most of the karaoke session just screaming into the mic. While he tried to follow the beat of the songs he was screaming at, eventually he gave up and just shouted whatever words the screen gave him as loud as he could. It wasย cathartic, to say the least. He eventually stopped caring about the score on the screen, except for the part where the cat managed to score higher than either him or Xia.ย 

ย 

Eventually, the time at the booth ran out, and the girl asked about what he does for fun. "For fun? Well, I'd usually roam and try to find someone worthy of my sword back at home, but there isn't much of that here outside of the arena..." He thought about it some more. "...I wouldn't call it for fun, but I spend most of my time crashing whatever bar I can find, both here and back home." He sighed, looking slightly pensive. "Although I wouldn't say it's something I do for fun..." His demeanor suddenly shifted back to what it normally was, as he pointed his thumb at himself with a cocky grin. "my wallet tends to run dry before I get drunk, after all!" He said boastfully, cackling.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NShTQdt.png

Day 3, 3:00, Prana

W/L Record: 2/1

Well, they were here. The middle level of the city. A priest working at one of the shrines - after a bit of apparent confusion - had led the way for Aurora and Gavin to get here, and now that they were here... well, the people seemed nervous. Especially when they seemed to realize just who Aurora was. Not exactly the kind of welcome I would've liked to get. The housing was tightly-packed here, but urban settings always had a sort of special appeal to Aurora. After some asking around, though, the pair was able to be brought to an area where an attack not unlike the one Officer Kate had been subjected to was reported. This attack, however, Aurora knew significantly less about.

ย 

As such, getting some info would be good. There weren't many people around, but the first one that caught Aurora's eye, she stepped up to them and, in the most polite yet still professional tone she could conjure forth, said "Excuse me, but me and Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome here are trying to investigate some attacks that have been going on in the city lately. I heard there was one around here at some point? Could you please tell me what you know about it, if anything?"

kftkzLy.jpg?1

ย 

iU8EggM.png

ย 

Right now it seemed like they were being given the runaround. Gavin wasn't 100% happy about this whole treatment, but then again, he was still new to this little world of Mauvache's...so for all he knew, this was the norm. Nevertheless, he still didn't feel great about it.

ย 

Regardless, Gavin and Aurora arrived at their destination when he watched the young lady immediately approach the first person she saw.

ย 

Huh...guess she's pretty straight forward right now...must be the different atmosphere or something. he thought, walking up next to her as she spoke.

ย 

"Excuse me, but me and Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome here are trying to investigate some attacks that have been going on in the city lately. I heard there was one around here at some point? Could you please tell me what you know about it, if anything?"

ย 

Tall Dark and Handsome, eh? Gavin thought, a small smirk appearing when he heard this, but he shook it off quickly before she could notice it. However, he could notice in fact, that most people seemed to be a bit wary...just because they recognized Aurora as an Arena Fighter. "Allow me to add to this..." he piped in with an inviting smile. "We're simply here for information. So no need for you or anyone around here to feel worried or scared just because she's here. Alright?"

Xia and Cyanthrax

ย 

As the two Fighters left the building they would immediately hear a voice. One which Cyanthrax would recognize from earlier. "Well what do we have here?" Julian said as she approached the two. While jogging up to them she fished around for her pen and paper and, when she got up to the two, Cyan could see her looking at him with a huge grin. "So the truth is out, is it? Out on a date with this lovely lady are you? I knew there was someone!"

She looked at Xia then. "My name is Julian, I'm a journalist and radio show host. And I know who you are. Xia, the punching Dragon. Very nice to meet you."

Aurora and Gavin

ย 

The citizen that the pair stopped to get information out of looked a bit uncertain at Gavin's words. "Last time one of you came down here a lotta people ended up dead you know." Still, rubbing the back of their neck, they pointed off into the distance. "The bar over there is where it went down. It's open up already but, uh, not many people going there anymore. Lot of the usual crowd are gone."

ย 

If the two followed their direction and went to the bar they'd see it seemed run-down. The door literally hanging off of its hinges as they opened it up. The inside wasn't much better. Dark, grimy, and with scarce tables and makeshift stools scattered about. Several people could be seen. One at the bar nursing his drink. One at a table eating what looked like burnt fries. And another sitting in the corner with his feet up on the table, seemingly asleep with a hat over his eyes.

ztHNuPq.png?1

ย 

"Oh a bar? That does sound fun!" Xia had only ever been to one bar, and that was the one run by Tegur. She, furthermore, did not actually know what Cyan meant by getting drunk, but she figured it had something to do with the loose state that her old friends from back home came back with. Shaking her head, she merely said, "but don't worry Cyan, I'm sure if there are two of us then maybe your wallet will be filled with more water than ever! Well, let's get going. Snowball, we're going to a bar!"ย 

ย 

"Mrow?" Snowball was wary of this idea.ย 

ย 

As the duo made their way to the bar in question, however, they were suddenly approached by a woman who seemed to be familiar with the both of them. As the woman introduced herself to the dragon girl, she said, "hi there Julian! I'm Xia. But you already knew that. So this here is Snowball!" She presented the cat to the friendly woman. "Say hi to Julian, Snowball." The cat let out a soft meow. As the woman seemed to be familiar with the demon man, the girl looked over to him saying, "oh, is this your friend Cyan? Do you want to invite her to the bar too?"ย 

ย 

"Hm, so these so-called monsters are a natural part of this area."

ย 

Angela watched the monster with fascination as it dug through the rockbed with its spit and chewed through the aetherstones reserve. The creature looked like nothing that Angela had ever seen before, somewhat reminding her at a really mutated dog, but that would do a disservice to the creature to equate it to such a mundane animal. However, in the midst of her excitement in examining the creature, the creature noticed her presence somehow and dived in to attack.

ย 

Angela pulled out her spear and used her wind magic to reposition herself before blasting the creature to the wall. As it was temporarily immobilized, Angela conjured three projection spears and fired it at the creature with enough force to pin it to the cavern wall should it hit.

ย 

"Hm...maybe I should dissect it a bit. I wonder if it has a usable...actually, maybe it's edible somehow?"

ย 

Rdlv7J2.png

"Not her again..." Cyanthrax groaned as he caught glimpse of that one nosy reporter. He tried to hide his face in hopes to not get recognized but that quickly failed as the girl approached the duo, a wide toothy grinned aimed right at him. He couldn't help but groan as the girl took out her pen and paper.
ย 
"So the truth is out, is it? Out on a date with this lovely lady are you? I knew there was someone!" Cyan's face turned red almost immediately, mostly with anger but with a tinge of embarrassment.ย 
ย 
"I-IT'S NOT LIKE THAT YOU NOSY BITโ€‹Cโ€‹H!" He shouted, pointing a finger at Jullian's face. Before he had time to give this girl a piece of his mind, however, she was already talking to Xia. As Xia was talking to her, Cyan couldn't help but face-palm, face still red in rage. He was just waiting for her to go away so he could do what he does best.ย 
ย 
"oh, is this your friend Cyan?" Cyan's ears seemed to perk up, a look that seemed to scream 'oh shโ€‹it' written all over his face. "Do you want to invite her to the bar too?"ย 
ย 
"F-F-FUโ€‹CK NO!" He stammered, raising his head again, glaring at Julian. "Let's get some shโ€‹it straight. First of all, she's not my friend!" He shouted, turning to Xia. "Second of all... No! And, most importantly... NO!" He crossed his arms, puffing his cheeks out.

Angela

ย 

The creature couldn't react in time before the spears struck its body. One tore into the mass in the middle and another stabbed through one of its limbs. No fluids came from the wound on the limb. The middle mass, what could be described as its main body, was pierced near the glowing middle and had florescent juices dripping out of it. Angela would note that the glow in the middle was fading slowly as this liquid left its body.

ย 

The creature fought against the spears and used its three remaining limbs to try and pull itself off of the wall. To a small amount of success. While it did so the stinger below it twisted in Angela's direction and shot out a glob of acidic fluid towards her.

ย 

She could hear more sounds farther along the tunnel. A scratching, skittering, noise.

Xia and Cyanthrax

ย 

"Well isn't this the cutest thing...You already gained enough points for a pet?" She asked Xia, seemingly impressed. And evidently knowing more than the normal about how things worked for the Fighters.

ย 

Julain's face split into a wide grin as Xia invited her to the bar, and her eyes began to sparkle when Cyan responded, as she went to answer. "Well, I wouldn't want to interrupt your date and all....Buuuut truth be told I was heading downstairs, it's not really downstairs for the record more like down...floor, to check out a bar myself. Things have been getting hectic around here what with the attacks and murders so I figured I should go check the source. I wouldn't mind tagging along to get some...extra material." She winked at Cyanthrax and gave Xia a dazzling smile.

ztHNuPq.png?1

ย 

Xia was a bit taken aback by Cyan's violent reaction at the notion of Julian being her friend. And while he didn't seem to want to bring her along, she also seemed kind of busy in her own escapades. As she noted about Snowball, she shook her head saying, "oh, no. Snowball isn't my pet, I'm just looking after them for a friend." She had a smile on her face as she went to then pet Snowball's head, only to then be more interested in what it was Julian was actually getting around to doing. "Ooooh, I've never been down floor before. I've been downstairs many times though, especially the big one at the library." She looked to Cyan as she said, "that was a great set of stairs to go down."

ย 

Turning her focus more on Julian, her expression brightened as she said, "oh, that sounds super interesting. Come on, Cyan," she turned to her demon friend. "We were headed to a bar already so this works out perfectly! And it could be way cooler than what we were going off to do. So, wanna go?" She looked at him with bright eyes. Truth be told, Xia wasn't just interested in what Julian was investigating. Cyan wasn't Julian's friend, but she figured both of them were already her friend. So this would've been the perfect way to get them to be more friendly to each other.

NShTQdt.png

Day 3, 3:00, Prana

"Allow me to add to this... We're simply here for information. So no need for you or anyone around here to feel worried or scared just because she's here. Alright?"

ย 

"Yeah," Aurora confirmed, with a confident nod. "Just looking for information."

ย 

"Last time one of you came down here a lotta people ended up dead you know. The bar over there is where it went down. It's open up already but, uh, not many people going there anymore. Lot of the usual crowd are gone."

ย 

"I see... thank you for the information! I'll try to keep people from dying as best I can, don't worry." And with that, Aurora led the way to the bar this kind citizen had talked about. The bar itself was... hopefully it had seen better days. The door looked ready to come off, the inside was dark and grimy, and there wasn't much in the way of that warm friendly atmosphere Aurora had always been led to believe bars had. Was it even okay for her to be in here right now?

ย 

Aurora glanced around. Nudging Gavin with his elbow, she said "We should split up and try to get info out of different people. Which one do you want?"

ย 

"Personally I don't think splitting up is a good idea, but it's your call." he said, looking over at the few people here before pointing at the guy with the hat. "I'll go there."

ย 

"Sounds good. I'll talk to the guy at the bar." And with that, Aurora started toward the bar, seating herself next to the man with his drink. "Excuse me..." Aurora looked at the man, then his drink. Either he'd gotten his drink with no ice, or it had been there for so long that all the ice had melted away. Whatever the case, the drink had no ice. It was probably smart to make a good first impression. "Um, do you need some ice for that drink?"

Rdlv7J2.png

ย 

ย 

"Well, I wouldn't want to interrupt your date and all..."

"Not a date!"
ย 
"Buuuut truth be told I was heading downstairs, it's not really downstairs for the record more like down...floor, to check out a bar myself."
ย 
"Don't you fucโ€‹king..."
ย 
"Things have been getting hectic around here what with the attacks and murders so I figured I should go check the source."
ย 
"No no no no..."
ย 
"I wouldn't mind tagging along to get some... extra material."
ย 
"God dammit!"
ย 
"oh, that sounds super interesting. Come on, Cyan," And of course Xia is into the idea. "We were headed to a bar already so this works out perfectly! And it could be way cooler than what we were going off to do. So, wanna go?"
ย 
The demon let out a heavy sigh, giving a glare at Julian, who returned a wink at him. He knew there was no way to get her not to follow them, especially with Xia there. Plus, he was slightly intrigued to see what exactly Julian was talking about.ย "Fine, whatever!" He said, begrudgingly and pissed off. "You can tag along, I guess... but if there's no attacks and murder I'm going to be fucโ€‹king pissed!" He shouted, before shaking his head. "I MEAN MORE PISSED THAN I AM RIGHT NOW!" He let out a growl, muttering something under his breath no one was able to catch.

Xia and Cyanthrax

ย 

"Excellent. Simply excellent." Julian clapped her hands together and gave a firm nod. "But don't fret, I won't interfere with your date...much. You won't even know I'm there! So you can go on and continue as though I wasn't here." She gave it a bit of thought and then added, "Though I can't say this is the best place for a date. But I suppose you'd know her best, Mr. Demon."

ย 

And so she led the way to the shrine, and from there the teleporter, which brought them down to the lower level of the city. A place with much fewer lights and excitement and more houses. There also seemed to be many shops, grocery, electrical, even a pet shop, on this level. However their destination was near the lower income housing. Where a plethora of bars were there to choose from. The one that Julian led them to, however, was one of the most dilapidated of the bunch. With a door barely hanging on and nearly empty inside.

ย 

Empty except for three patrons, the bartender, and, unexpectedly, Aurora and Gavin.

Aurora and Gavin

ย 

"Um, do you need some ice for that drink?"

ย 

"Wha? The hell?" The man, with scraggly dirty blonde hair and a square jaw flecked with patches of unshaven and uneven beard, looked over at Aurora with a red-eyed glower. "What's a kid doing here? Scram, and what do you mean, ice, I got ice..." He looked down at the glass and noticed that he, in fact, didn't have ice. "How long have I been sitting here." He muttered. "Fine, if you've got ice to give hand it over then leave me the funk alone."

ย 

Meanwhile Gavin would have even less luck with his "target". The person with the hat hadn't so much as stirred while he approached. The hat was covering their face in such a way that he couldn't even tell if they were aware, or conscious, at all.

NShTQdt.png

Day 3, 3:00, Some grimy bar

"Wha? The hell?"

ย 

Aurora straightened up her already-pretty-straight sitting posture as the patron rather groggily acknowledged her presence. He had kind of a sloppy appearance. He'd probably seen better days. Aurora was already a bit worried about this guy, but she would be worried about him if he had in fact not seen better days. Hopefully everything worked out for him.

ย 

"What's a kid doing here? Scram, and what do you mean, ice, I got ice... How long have I been sitting here? Fine, if you've got ice to give hand it over then leave me the funk alone."

ย 

Aurora, in response, conjured forth a pair of ice cubes, just above her gloved hands. She gently put them in the man's drink, then proceeded to just why she was here. Hopefully the first impression had helped. "I know I'm a bit young to be here, but it's not for drinking, I promise. I'm just here looking for information about the recent attacks in this general area. I was pointed to this bar and... well, here I am. Would you happen to know anything, sir?"

kftkzLy.jpg?1

ย 

iU8EggM.png

ย 

"Sounds good. I'll talk to the guy at the bar."

ย 

"Stay on guard, Snow Angel." Gavin nodded, walking in the opposite direction.

ย 

He chose the guy with the hat rather than the guy with burnt fries. Why? Honestly he wasn't a 100% sure. Nevertheless, this guy seemed like someone who most likely would know exactly what was going on. Only problem? The guy never once stirred...even when he approached him. What was more, the hat was covering the guy's face so he honestly couldn't tell one way or another if he was even conscious right now.

ย 

Really should've taken fry-guy right now... he thought, sitting down across from the sleeping man. Gavin glanced down at his MOVA and cursed silently to himself that he didn't find a way to add a general scanner to scan a person's vitals. Nevertheless, he shook off this. Keep it together, Shepherd. You just gotta do this on your own.

ย 

Gavin then proceeded to clear his throat loudly, hopefully loud enough to wake the man up. "Excuse me, sir?"

Rdlv7J2.png

ย 

ย 

Despite how many times the demon told Julian that this wasn't a date while they were walking towards their destination, the girl seemed to continually call it a date. In fact, it only seemed to make her used the dreaded word even more. Eventually the demon did the impossible, and kept his mouth shut for the rest of the trip through the lower city.

ย 

The bar they ended up going looked rather beaten up. "Remind me never to let you pick a place to go again." The demon remarked, opening the door and nearly breaking it. It was definitely the place you'd go to commit bar murders at, that was for sure. It was basically empty, with only a few patrons there. Two of them looking very out of place - were they even legally allowed to be here!? They were also, Cyan noted, fighters from the arena. "Looks like we've got company." He said, chuckling. "Well, if you ladies don't mind, I'm gonna go grab me a drink." He said, walking away from the two girls and making his way towards the bar.

ย 

He took the seat next to Aurora, more interested in the fighter than the drunk. "Yo, can I get a drink goin' here? Surprise me." He shouted at the bartender, who seemed to be surprised at the sudden influx of customers, before shrugging and working on the order. As his drink was being prepared, he turned to the girl. "Say, aren't you and your boyfriend a bit young to be bar hopping?" He asked, pointing towards Gavin, who seemed to be trying to get the attention of another patron.

ztHNuPq.png?1

ย 

Xia was a bit confused as to why both Julian and Cyan seemed to assert that this both was and wasn't a date. As far as she knew, Cyan and Xia were both not on the calendar, which probably meant that they were talking about something she didn't know about. And, if she didn't know what it was, it probably was something new, and Xia enjoyed doing new things. So, that was basically how Xia and Cyan ended up having Julian accompany them on their date to a bar downstairs floor.ย 

ย 

As they made their way into the bar, the girl heard Cyan's remark about picking the place, to which the girl merely smiled and nodded. "Oh, then I'll let you pick the bar next time, Cyan." The girl shot him a thumbs up, before following him inside. Xia looked around the bar curiously, only to go more bright eyed as she saw two familiar faces. One, the new guy who she had met at the start of the day. And the other, was her good friend. Walking next to Cyan, the girl smiled and waved to her saying, "hey there Aurora! Funny running into you here. Oh, oh, are you on a date too with the new guy?"ย 

"I know I'm a bit young to be here, but it's not for drinking, I promise. I'm just here looking for information about the recent attacks in this general area. I was pointed to this bar and... well, here I am. Would you happen to know anything, sir?"

ย 

"Are you some fuckin' reporter?" The man responds. "I already had to deal with you vultures when it happened why don't you look at the funking police reports like a normal person?" He then turned back to his drink as the others arrived. He ran his hand through his hair in frustration and then slammed the drink and stood up. "This place is getting too crowded." He muttered as he went for the door.

When spotting Julian he looked even more aggravated. Even though all Julian did was wave with a smile as he passed by.

ย 

She sidled up next to Aurora, on the other side as Xia and Cyan. "Are all of the Fighters dating then?" She asked with obvious excitement on her face.

ย 

Meanwhile Gavin's attempts to rile up the man in the hat didn't seem to go anywhere. However, when Gavin went in to poke him, he responded. "I'd really rather you didn't do that." Then they lifted their hat and revealed their young face, eyes covered in a visor, and bright blue hair. "Do you always go around poking strangers?"

NShTQdt.png

Day 3, 3:00, Some grimy bar

"Yo, can I get a drink goin' here? Surprise me." Aurora's attention turned to the voice now sitting next to her. She knew this guy's face. He was one of the arena fighters... Aurora knew he'd introduced himself, but his name escaped her. "Say, aren't you and your boyfriend a bit young to be bar hopping?"

ย 

"Hey there Aurora! Funny running into you here. Oh, oh, are you on a date too with the new guy?"

ย 

Not only was he at the bar, but Xia was also here! What a coincidence! However, they had the wrong idea about Aurora being here. "We're not here for drinks, or for a date," Aurora answered. She could understand why the two - the boy was some kind of demon or something, right? - would think that. More important than him, however, was the drunk that Aurora was asking questions to. He'd asked - rather crudely - if Aurora was a reporter and why she couldn't read the police reports, but before she had much time to explain that she was in fact not a reporter, the man was already getting up to leave.

ย 

"Are all of the Fighters dating then?"

ย 

"Hold it!" the cryomancer exclaimed, raising her hands in the door's general direction, prompting a set of small ice pillars - just tall and wide enough to keep any would-be runaway drunks from leaving - to spring up. Turning to her fellow fighters, Aurora smiled and said "Just a moment, please." She got up, and started for the guy to whom she was asking questions.

ย 

"I'm not a reporter," she explained. "I'm an Arena fighter, but more importantly, I'm a hero... in training. I want to find out who or what's at the core of these attacks and take care of it, before anyone else can get hurt. I'm also trying to keep my working on this on the down-low, so if there's anything at all you can tell me, I'd really appreciate the help. I'm sure anyone who knew the attack victims would also be happy."

Rdlv7J2.png

ย 

ย 

"We're not here for drinks, or for a date," Cyan cocked an eye brow at the girl - Aurora was her name, apperantly -ย  as he grabbed his drink and took a swing of it. He watched as the drunkard that was next to them got claustrophobic or something, deciding he had enough of what was happening.ย 

ย 

"Are all of the Fighters dating then?" Cyan gave Julian a glare, although he didn't say anything as he angrily took another swing of his drink. Suddenly, Aurora got up to try and stop the drunk from leaving, and that's when he learned a bit more about the girl. He almost spilled his drink at the hero part, a grin on his face. More so than laughing at the girl, however, he was starting to get more and more interested in this murder business. Maybe he would try and get some information for himself...

"Another Hero type, eh?" Cyan cackled, his attention shifted to Gavin, who was having his own problems. He turned to Xia. "These kids remind me of me - not very subtle."ย He cackled, taking another swing of his drink. "Well don't be shy! Order something!" His tone was playful, although there was a hint of impatience in his voice. His eyes shifted back to the man and Aurora, waiting to see how the man would react. Hopefully he would decide to stick around; after all, the demon would hate to make a scene.ย 

kftkzLy.jpg?1

ย 

iU8EggM.png

ย 

"I'd really rather you didn't do that. Do you always go around poking strangers?"

ย 

Gavin was a little startled by the sudden awakening of this young man, but remained calm as he shook his head with a quick smirk. "I don't tend to make it a habit, but as pressing as the issue at hand is...really didn't have much of any other option."

ย 

The young man studied the guy across from him thoroughly, noticing the blue hair and the interesting visor that covered his eyes. As someone who dealt in Artificial Intelligence, this was something that was quite intriguing...least to Gavin it was anyway. Nevertheless, after studying the guy across from him, Gavin cleared his throat and proceeded to speak to the man.

ย 

"My name is Gavin Shepherd. I'm one of the Arena Fighters, I suppose that's what they're called." he began. "My...acquaintance, I suppose you can call her that..." Gavin paused to motion towards Aurora who was questioning another individual...and blocked off the entrance with ice. He shook his head at this and continued. "We're here looking for some sort of information. A friend of hers was struck down and we were pointed in this general direction in regards to the recent attacks that have been happening. Would you happen to know anything that could help? Anything at all?"

ztHNuPq.png?1

ย 

As it seemed that Aurora was, in fact, not on a date Xia was about to ask her again what she was here for. However, Aurora soon went to try to stop someone else from leaving. Seeming a bit excited and wondering what was happening, Xia looked on to see what it was Aurora was planning on doing, only to have her attention drawn back by Cyan, as he made note about the other two fighters. She wasn't really sure what he found so funny that he was laughing over, but she merely joined in on laughing alongside him. He then started talking about ordering a drink. Seeing what he was doing, the girl nodded saying, "oh right. Gotcha!"

ย 

Looking eagerly towards the bartender, she ordered the same thing Cyan did, with some excitement in her voice as she did so. She figured this was part of the fun times of going to a bar, and so with one large swig she drank the whole beverage down quickly. Placing the glass back down, the girl had a pensive expression on her face. The drink wasn't particularly good, nor really bad for that matter. It was just...something. The girl wasn't quite sure what to make of it but said, "that was neat! So is this what we do at bars?"ย 

ย 

"Oh shoot! That was close."

The acidic fluid almost caught Angela by surprise, but it ended up merely singed her clothing as she managed to dodge in time before she cut the strange creature apart. She let out a sigh seeing the mess before her, but before she could examine it further, she heard strange noises coming out from the tunnel behind her. Scratching, skittering noise, definitely not coming from anything human or humanoid.

ย 

"The exploration really had only started now. The truth is still somewhere out there."

ย 

Angela prepared her Gungnir before she went deeper into the cavern complex. The prospect of fighting monsters were fun of course, butย  so far she hadn't seen much reason why this mine were guarded with the amount of overkill protection Mauvache put here.

ย 

Aurora, Cyanthrax, Gavin, and Xia
ย 
Henry had just wanted a peaceful drink in the one bar he knew wouldn't be crowded. And then these kids showed up and this one just would NOT let him leave.
He turned around to the girl, giving her the stink eye, as he gestures over to the ice. "I don't give a funk if you're the Queen of the Galaxy girlie, keeping me here against my will is a crime." He then pulled his jacket up revealing the gun, and police badge, on his belt. "You Arena crowd think you can do whatever you want don't you? Just cause that jabroni Mauvache is watching your backs. Well she ain't here now is she?"
ย 
Julian, overhearing this, went over to the man. "Officer, I don't know if you want to be saying stuff like that." She said.
ย 
Henry gave her a glare. "Don't think I forgot the stunts you used to pull Miss Journalist. Your little hero friend here is gonna be in deep sheet if she keeps this up."
ย 
Julian sighed and pulled out her pen. She walked up to the ice pillar and raised the pen. In mid-air she wrote out a word in a flow-y script.
ย 
84c4884c85c95b4f49df91c9f9ff42ec.png
ย 
A glow surrounded the words and then the pillar of ice began to melt away. "Much better." Henry said gruffly. Then, turning to Aurora. "You best leave this alone. We already have a dozen men dead and an officer down. Don't need a stupid funking kid getting killed too."
ย 
"We're here looking for some sort of information. A friend of hers was struck down and we were pointed in this general direction in regards to the recent attacks that have been happening. Would you happen to know anything that could help? Anything at all?"
ย 
"Ice princess over there your partner then? Gonna freeze me if I don't answer too?" The man seemed almost amused by this idea. He kept his feet up on the table but set his hat aside as he looked the man up. "You're one of the new ones then. Mauvache is bringing more and more people here these days..." He paused a bit. "Well I dunno if what happened here is connected to that Android cop's attack but if it is...they're dangerous. Not just anyone could tear apart an android assigned to the police so easily in a public place and get away with it." He gave a hollow laugh. "Unless that theory that it's one of you is true I suppose."

Angela
ย 
The girl would continue traveling down the path which was lighted dimly by the occasional vein of Aetherstone. She'd be feeling somewhat nauseous and with a developing headache as she continued on their way.
The skittering noises would get louder and louder...until she saw them. Just like the creature she had just fought except now there were six of them coming down the pathway. Two on the ceiling and two on each wall. All heading for her. They seemed to be at least somewhat aware of her presence and when they got closer they'd drop down on her to attack.

Rdlv7J2.png

ย 

ย 

As Cyanthrax watched the scene unfold, he couldn't help but smirk. His attention was diverted by Xia, who seemed curious about what you do in bars. "It's about half of it." Cyan said, slamming his now-finished drink onto the table. "The other half is talkin' to the people, maybe getting in a bar fight or ten..." His train of thought drifted away as he turned to the bar tender. "YO! Can I get another drink over 'ere!" He shouted, the bar tender simply nodding without saying much. He turned back to Xia, before shifting his glare back at the man, who seemed rather pissed off at having the exist walled off by ice. He was also a cop, which added a lot of intrigue to it all. "Speaking of talkin' to people, wait 'ere." He said, picking up the drink that had been placed before walking towards the officer.

ย 

"Kid, am I right?" Cyan said as he made his way towards the group, having overheard most of the conversation. "They think they're hot shโ€‹it just 'cause they happen to have power." He took a swing of his drink, laughing a bit. "Still, this whole bar killer thing... it's got me interested..." He placed his hand on his chin, rubbing it. "How about we get away from there... children..." He said, a tone of disgust as he looked at the other fighters. "...and you fill me in a bit on our murderousย friend. I'll even buy ya drink!" He chuckled slightly, nudging the officer and waiting for his response.ย 

kftkzLy.jpg?1

ย 

iU8EggM.png

ย 

"Ice princess over there your partner then? Gonna freeze me if I don't answer too?"

ย 

"I doubt it'll come to that." Gavin chuckled lightly, waving his hand dismissively. "In any case, you have my word, she won't freeze you."

ย 

"You're one of the new ones then. Mauvache is bringing more and more people here these days...Well I dunno if what happened here is connected to that Android cop's attack but if it is...they're dangerous. Not just anyone could tear apart an android assigned to the police so easily in a public place and get away with it. Unless that theory that it's one of you is true I suppose."

ย 

Gavin nodded slightly at the young man's explanation. Mauvache has been bringing more people in? Hmm...so it isn't just me that has been brought in. he thought, lulling this information over in his mind. Though the theory of it being us? I wouldn't doubt anyone's general abilities...but what would anyone have to gain from doing that?

ย 

"I'm unsure if that theory is true or not. After all, I've only met everyone in passing once during my first appearance here." he shrugged. "However, I believe it may not be them. I don't see them having much of anything to gain from doing something like that. Nevertheless, I think that between me and Snow Angel, I actually have been more successful in talking to people." Gavin gave a small chuckle. "Is there anything else you know that could be beneficial?"

Archived