RP Smash [IC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

Elijah heard the announcement. He was so immersed in his role that his reaction was simply a grin. He took the prop cigarette out of his mouth and tucked it back into the little box he kept in his coat's inner pocket. This fight had better be good, he's got to fight a frickin' demon after all. Standing up, he stretched a little and walked to the arena room he was expected at, using his watch (as usual) to guide him.

Arriving, the Virtual Battlefield room was impressively bare. He didn't have much to look at, or interact with. He didn't have access to any sort of armory so he could pick a weapon. This fight was about to be incredibly one-sided. He looked around, and saw arrows directing him to a spot on the floor. Standing on it, he licked his fingers and adjusted a few loose locks of the tall, spiky hair that his Anti-Hero persona required, put his hands in his pockets, and waited, his eyelids low and his expression unimpressed.

"Alright, Mauvache. I was born and raised in an underground arena. My mother was a warlord, and my father was the street. I've got no love and no fear for this kinda setup. Bring it on."

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rdlv7J2.png

Running through the halls of the building, he eventually found where he needed to be - a rather empty room that was suppose to be the arena - with a few minutes to spare. He was greeted by who he assumed was Elijah, although he had a funny get-up on. "Yo, what's with the get-up, my man? That look doesn't suit ya at all." Looking around, he noticed 2 sets of arrows - one of them seemed to eventually point to where Eli was, while the other trail would direct his gaze at a spot opposite of Eli. "Anyways, I hope you learned how to fight between now and yesterday." He continued on with a smirk on his face, making his way towards where he needed to be. "Otherwise this won't be fun for either of us. Fufufufu." He put his hands in his pockets and shouted at no one in particular. "C'mon! Lets get this party started!"

As with the other match the internet comments rolled in for Xia vs Tesability extremely quickly after the match ended.

"Why are they talking so much? What is this, an anime?"

"I want fists not friends!"
"Gosh I'm so invested right now..."

"Is that Cyber Dragon a kid? Are we watching a kid fight?"

"Xia is such an idiot."
"Xia is so cute!"

"I want a Tesability plush for my birthday!"

"LAND SHARKS"

"How the heck did electric lose to water? Laaaaame."

"I want to see more of Tesabilitiy's moves look at her go!"

"So wait which one's the actual dragon then?"

"I. Must. Draw."

"That girl is dumb but she's got one heck of a punch daaaaamn girl."

MYSYAtO.jpg

"Hello fighters and fans to the third battles of the new and improved roster of Mauvache's Arena! Wondrous abilities and mysterious battlefields await you. Remember, fighters, the first to 0 HP loses! Be sure to put on a good show for our lovely viewers now! In this battlefield we have the Inferno Demon, Cyanthrax, and the Mystery Man, Elijah.

Mauvache's screen vanished and a small message appeared in front of both of the fighters. "Do not move while the Virtual Battlefield is created." And then a countdown.

Battlefield: Dallas Rooftops

The battlefield seems to be a simple rooftop of a three story building in the middle of the busy city of Dallas. However there is a single key difference. The sheer size. The rooftop is 100 feet by 100 feet with no sight of anything leading downwards. The city beyond the perimeter would be bustling but strangely unaware of the battle going on above them. Other than that this very simple battlefield seemed completely average. But, would it stay that way?

Cyan and Elijah would start twenty feet from opposite ends of the rooftop. As with the rest they'd find themselves unable to move for several seconds until suddenly they were freed from stasis and the battle would begin.

[spoiler=OOC]Basically fight as normal. You won't be able to go outside the perimeter of the roof but feel free to describe the daily life of people outside to add a little life to it. ;)

Also...only fight for at most five minutes because after that point stuff is going to happen. Basically once you actually fight for a few minutes pause and let me know so I can give the information.

Aria

When Aria left the arena, her watch was pinged with comments from the online discussion board. At least half the comments seemed to be negative towards either or both of them, most of them making comments about their lack of strategy or Aria not being the super pretty girl. Aria brooded over these comments, quietly growling under her breath when the door to the other arena opened up and Xia with the... dragon thing exited.

"Oh, you guys are done, how'd it go?" Aria asked, snapped out of her stupor. In the meantime, she spotted the edgelord as well as the other guy he was talking to yesterday, who was also dressed like an edgelord. Jesus what was with these people. She wanted to make a quip at them, but missed her timing and cursed under her breath. Next time. Next time they would learn what big dorks they were.

ztHNuPq.png?1

While the smaller dragon did not seem to understand what it was that Xia was attempting to do, she eventually raised her paw anyway, which prompted Xia to grab it and shake it happily. Having completed her act of Sport's Man Ship, Xia felt that she was pretty much set to get going on. While the young dragon seemed to be ready to go get something to eat, Xia herself wasn't all that hungry, nor did she really know what she'd eat anyway. Nevertheless, accompanying a new friend was always a fun adventure anyway. However, her decision making train of thought was cut short as a familiar voiced spoke out to her. Looking excitedly, the girl waved saying, "hey there Aria!" When asked as to who won the match, Xia's tail flicked joyfully as the girl's face took on an expression of pride. Pointing to herself, she said, "I won." Her face looking back to Tes, then back to Aria, she said, "but man, was she like super strong. I can't remember the last time I had a fight like that. Oh right!" Her face became more curious as she asked the white haired girl, "you and Angela had a fight too, right? How was it? Who won? Was it also super fun?"

"It...felt...really empty."

While she walked towards the elevator to meet up Mauvache, Angela reminisced about her earlier match with Aria. As much as she tried to excite herself and push herself to her limits, she barely felt any thrill from it. She and her opponent can't injure each other no matter what, and then, how alien the combat system here made it hard for her to enjoy her first match. Her flirting at Aria wasn't really something she did because she's really in the mood to flirt - Angela simply tried to give herself some ounce of excitement, and perhaps that extended to why she ended up stripping. Although, that last one seemed to cause some troubles. Ah, though...that shouldn't be too big, right? Anxious as she was, Angela felt that once this matter was settled down, she would be able to focus her time in planning for her next matches, and perhaps, the exhibition match she's ordering. Perhaps she could convince Mauvache of allowing more injuries to happen temporarily, at least, just to herself?

As she was busy thinking, her watch beeped. She noticed that it was a message from an online discussion board about their match. Curious about the content, Angela decided to read it as she finally entered the elevator. Some of the comments criticized her performance and indecency apparently, which Angela only responded with a sigh for the time being. It somewhat discouraged her from continuing, but with the other half seemingly praising her or at least feeling lukewarm, at least that meant she did some things right. She just need to make things more efficient for her next battles, knowing how the combat here worked.

In a few moments later, the elevator had brought her to Mauvache’s room, and as she entered it, she felt…a tinge of dread, for lack of better word. The big boss herself was there, and her mere presence made Angela almost stop in her tracks. She really wanted to not screw this up, and she did wish that even if she still mostly just wanted to go home, she still did want to do her best to not disappoint her boss. Though, with the pressure coming from Mauvache, Angela right now couldn’t bring herself to see the woman right in the eyes.

“Young lady.” She spoke in her husky voice. “We need to have a talk about how you plan on representing my Arena.”

“Err…what is it…? Did…did I do anything problematic? D-did I disappoint you in any way? M-maybe, in that case, it’s best if you replace me with someone better…” Angela tensed for a moment as she realized she slipped to her usual mindset due to the tension of the situation.

"If it were so easy perhaps I would." Mauvache responded with a hint of venom, causing Angela to tense up further. "But I can't do it just like that so I'm stuck with you. So instead I will make you into something usable."

“…You c-can do anything to me. As long as it would make people happy…”

"Do you always choose your words that way?" Angela couldn’t really figure out the tone when Mauvache said that, but it perhaps was an expression of annoyance. "Nevermind! I brought you up here to remind you that I can't let you do such acts as stripping while on camera. At least, not when you're representing my arena. What you do on your own is up to you."

“I…I will keep that in mind, Lady Mauvache.” She was still way too anxious to even look at the person she was talking with. Being on the same place as Mauvache made Angela felt like her already tiny shreds of confidence were systematically torn apart the longer the conversation continued. Her wish now was just to get as far as she could from the big boss. However, it seemed that Mauvache finally noticed her anxiety, and she seemed to be rather irritated by it.

"You'd best do that." She strode forward and put her hand on Angela's chin, turning her to lock eyes. "I would prefer to be friends with my fighters. And you do not want me as your enemy." As she said that, Angela felt a crackle of energy leaving Mauvache and going into her. Without being able to shift her gaze anymore, Angela attempted to look at Mauvache but the end result was her eyes barely being able to focus on her.

“Yes…I will…I will try.” Angela’s gaze became emptier. “I will…be your friend.”

"Now. You may go."

Hearing those words that she had wished to heard for the last few eternity-like minutes felt like a divine blessing. Angela, who looked as if her life had been sucked out from her after the conversation with Mau, awkwardly bowed at the big boss before turning around and struggled to reach the elevator again. She came out of the elevator still looking like a zombie, and walked for a bit until she noticed Xia, Aria, and Tes.

“Uh…he-hello all…how’s your day?”

Aria

Xia expressed joy and pride over her victory. "you and Angela had a fight too, right? How was it? Who won? Was it also super fun?"

"You bet it was! I also won!" Aria held up her watch with her fist pumped. "And yeah, it was loads of fun! The combat was like Lore's system, but a lot more open-ended! You could actually do more stuff to the environment, and there wasn't any RNG involved with what was going on!" Aria looked between Xia and Tes. Xia's smile hadn't faded but there was a blank look in her eyes like as if Aria was speaking Japanese again. Tes was hardly paying attention. "It was uuhhh... it was a fun game, and really got my blood pumping! I can't wait to get into the challenges, especially that bullet hell one." Aria started rubbing her hands together. "They didn't call me the 'Gradius Queen' for nothing!"

“Uh…he-hello all…how’s your day?” Angela had left and returned before Aria had really noticed that she was gone, but comparing how she appeared before she left to how she looked now was a case of night and day.

"Jesus, what happened to you?" Aria asked, taken aback. Was she a really sore loser, or did something happen? "You look like you just found out your pet died."

KCc49dD.png

2:30PM

W/L Record: 0/0

"This is pretty nifty," Aurora commented to herself, taking down the last bite of her food. She'd been fiddling with the heating settings for her room, via watch, but had recently gotten a bit hungry and opted for a basic meal. Needless to say, she was pretty impressed by the features this watch had, though it took quite a bit of getting used to with her surprisingly poor skill with technology. Finally, the heat was set for her room. To accommodate her "weakness", she'd set it to be warm throughout the day, but increase at night to almomst turn the small room into an oven. Needless to say, she wasn't inviting anyone to her room for a sleepover anytime soon.

It was just as she finished the settings for her heat, that her watch beeped with a reminder. She and Caleb were the only people who had yet to fight today! She'd have to see about that! But first...

My room's a bit small, but I can definitely stretch my powers in there. The Battle Training back in Mar-Vell wasn't that long ago, but stretches are important.

iU8EggM.png

3:00PM

Whoops. I took a bit too long and now I can't start the fight yet. Guess I'll have to kill a bit of time while those other guys duke it out. Best to get the dog now then, right? Besides, they still had some exploring to do outside the building if Aurora didn't mind putting the fight off a bit. And who wouldn't? Fighting a dog just seemed wrong. Dogs were meant to be petted and played with, not to have ice and snow thrown at them by probably the most powerful Fragment user at Mar-Vell. Out of the students at least.

So instead of throwing snow and ice at the dog, Aurora settled for a message via watch instead.

Hey! I feel really bad asking a dog to fight, but you wouldn't mind going a round with me later right? We need to get ourselves some points, and I wanna see firsthand what you've got in store ^_~

"And...send!" Now to wait for a response in the chilled confines of Aurora's room. Or even better, she figured, leave the room and already make for the elevators out so that she could easily meet him wherever.

Cyanthrax took a moment to take in what was happening around. Realizing Caleb was in fact a talking dog was a fun realization for him. As the dog had thought his man was one of the fighters that had been summoned with him. But before they could say much more to each other the demon received a message telling him it was time for him to fight. And so he quickly took his leave. This left Caleb to continue on his way to get his picture taken. Around that time a message was sent to him informing him that only he and one other fighter had yet to sign up for a fight today. Reading the message over Caleb saw the name of the other fighter who had been slacking like himself. Of all people it had to be Aurora, the one he'd actually started something of a friendship with from the day before. Fighting a young girl like her didn't seem very appealing and so the dog left it up to the girl to challenge him to determine if they would fight today or not. For now he would continue on his way as he had planned.

But at the same time he wasn't in any particular hurry. Like when he had first arrived at the Hotel Atlantica, this new setting provided with it countless sights and people to see and explore. And so by 3 PM the canine hadn't made it very far to his goal when he received another notification from his watch. This was not from some automated system but from an individual. Sure enough it was Aurora.

"Hey! I feel really bad asking a dog to fight, but you wouldn't mind going a round with me later right? We need to get ourselves some points, and I wanna see firsthand what you've got in store ^_~"

The dog let out a low moan as he read through the girl's message. He'd always been bad with text messages and reading people's tones. And what was that emoticon? It didn't feel much like a challenge to a fight in some arena for the entertainment of a planet's people. This was going to feel like fighting one of his little sisters and the idea wasn't fun. But she was right, this was their main source of income. Caleb continued looking at his watch and saw he wasn't able to send a message in reply but rather a simple choice to accept or decline the match. He selected accept and then was shown a map of the area around him and was prompted to choose a location to tell Aurora where to meet him. As he hadn't gotten far past the arena he decided to have her meet up with him at one of the waiting rooms on the first floor of the arena complex.

The dog turned himself around with a sigh and made his way to the appointed meeting place. "Almost makes me miss those damn Leviathans" he said to himself then paused for a moment to shudder. What a thought to have. Best to forget it and move on.

KCc49dD.png

3:00PM

W/L Record: 0/0

Her challenge had been accepted! Aurora was given a heads-up to meet Caleb in one of the waiting rooms in the apartment complex's first floor, and so she stepped into the elevator and put in her first-floor destination, taking in the atmosphere as she went down. If she had the choice, Aurora would have likely preferred to take the stairs to get some casual exercise in along the way, but it seemed there were no stairs to speak of here. Wasn't that a fire hazard or something? Not that Aurora was worried abut that sort of thing; if there was a fire, there was also a superhero here to deal with it!

Once the elevator was down to the first floor, Aurora stepped out and followed the watch's map to find the waiting room Caleb was in. It wasn't that hard. Upon entering the room, she was met with the sight of the dog himself. She waved, she sat down next to Caleb, and she said "Guess we've got time to kill, huh? And don't go easy on me just because I'm a girl; one guy did that back at Mar-Vell when we were doing combat training and almost lost a leg to frostbite."

Caleb had taken a seat on one of the many chairs provided in the waiting room. His tail wagged casually behind him brushing up against the wall just past the chair. No matter how he played it out in his head this was going to be awkward. "Why hello Aurora, ready to beat each other up?" came to mind as the ridiculous example. Before long a sound came to ear. It was footsteps, fairly light but still audible. More importantly a familiar scent came to his nose. As Aurora entered the room he perked his head up to greet the girl. She came and sat down next to him, bringing with her a presence a noticeable chill to the air around her. She spoke of the time they had to wait and also asked Caleb to not go easy on her for being a girl citing an example of a man who did and came out of the situation worse for wear. She seemed rather... well chill about all of this. The dog made a mental note to punish himself later for making that joke to himself.

"I-I'll keep it in mind." he managed to stammer out after finishing reflecting on the situation. He was relaxing a bit now that he was actually talking with her but that didn't help the fact he was going to be fighting her soon. "But I'd have to actually be good at this whole fighting thing to actually go easy on you." he ultimately added with a laugh. The two continued to chat some about their adventures the day before and what they'd been up to today. Caleb still hadn't thought to explain to the poor girl he wasn't originally a dog. One day he'd remember it. But eventually all that was interrupted near 4 PM by another notification to their watches. An announcement that their time had come and they were to report to the battlefield. The two stood and made their way side by side to the arena.

It wasn't until entering the arena that Caleb realized it was the room they had all originally appeared in. So that was strange to think about though of course it made sense. The blue panels spread out forever and otherwise there didn't seem much to be much of anything there. Saving Aurora the energy the canine trotted to the other side of the room and turned to face the girl. "Well here goes nothing I guess." he called out to her. He'd just been napping on the beach. How had his life taken him here here wondered as he anticipated the match's start.

MYSYAtO.jpg

"Hello fighters and fans to the fourth, and last for the day, battle of the new and improved roster of Mauvache's Arena! Wondrous abilities and mysterious battlefields await you. Remember, fighters, the first to 0 HP loses! Be sure to put on a good show for our lovely viewers now! In this battlefield we have the Wonder Dog, Caleb, and the Frost Hero, Aurora!

Mauvache's screen vanished and a small message appeared in front of both of the fighters. "Do not move while the Virtual Battlefield is created." And then a countdown.

Battlefield: Mirror Dimension

An infinitely spanning, but simple, battlefield. As far as the eye can see everything is white. Entirely and totally white. There are no levels, no objects, nothing to disrupt the infinite whiteness. Except for the spirits. Several hundred ghosts, see-through and grey, with barely any features to speak of, float about the battlefield around where the fighters are doing combat. They each have a single hit point and if struck by any move they will disperse. It is possible to avoid hitting these ghosts however it might leave a fighter open or ruin an attack. Destroying them does not seem to have any affect on the battlefield.

Caleb and Aurora will start fifty feet from each other, with several spirits in the area in between. All is silent. All is still. They won't be able to move, and neither will the ghosts, for several moments until suddenly a single ghost moves. Once this happens they will be free to move, and the ghosts will move around as well, always nearby and often in the way.

ztHNuPq.png?1

Xia was happy to hear that Aria had fun in her match as well and gave a happy fist pump into the air as she said, "whoa, that's awesome Aria! Good job!" The white haired girl then started to go on a rant about how the combat she was in felt different from this "Lore" thing. Xia was quite curious and excitedly listened in to what she was saying. That being said, Xia was completely lost as to what the meaning of what Aria was actually saying. It reminded Xia of when she was first learning, or relearning as it might have been, language and how completely alien it sounded. Aria seemed to deflate a bit before saying something that Xia could actually understand, to which she then nodded excitedly. "Oh man, the combat events seem sooo fun, yeah ,yeah! I really want to go to the end of that never ending battle thing. Oh! And that Dragon Battlefield sounds nice too!" There was then something that Aria said that Xia didn't understand, but before she could ask about it, the girl's attention was drawn towards Angela. 

With an enthusiastic wave to the girl, Xia said, "Hi Angela! Tes and I just got back from our fight, it was super fun!" Before saying anything else, though, she realized that Angela did not look to be in good shape. As Aria expressed concern, Xia then asked as well, "yeah Angela, what's wrong?" When Aria then said something about the blue-haired girl's pet dying, she looked back to Angela with concern saying, "oh no your pet died? I'm so sorry to hear about that! But uh, I'm sure we can all get through it together!" She nodded earnestly, as if actually trying to comfort the girl, no matter how poorly her attempts at it might have been. 

"You look like you just found out your pet died."

"oh no your pet died? I'm so sorry to hear about that! But uh, I'm sure we can all get through it together!"

"I-it's nothing, really. It's just that...Lady Mauvache...she's..."

Angela attempted her best to compose herself back. Seeing the two being this worried about her current condition was not something she wished to happen. It was hard, and the anxiety and pressure Angela felt from Mauvache had barely dissipated even now. She paused and took a deep breath, and leaned herself to a nearby wall to calm herself for a bit.

"I'm fine, really. And I'm bad with pets, they'll die anyway if I'm the one that handled them..."

Steady breathing while closing her eyes helped Angela to gather her voice. Color somewhat returned to her face, and while she was still looking somewhat lifeless like before, right now it seemed that Angela was functional enough to continue spending time with the two of them. She forced herself to make the best attempt of a smile and a cheery expression, then continued talking.

"Say, any of you want to spend some time together since we all had finished our first fight? Eating together perhaps, or maybe karaoke? And Aria, sorry for flirting with you earlier, I got a bit too carried away with the flow. Offer's always there, but it's fine if you reject me."

Aria

"But isn't the point of a never-ending battle that it doesn't have an end?" Aria asked Xia as she gushed with excitement over what they can do.

"I-it's nothing, really. It's just that...Lady Mauvache...she's..." Angela said and appeared to make an attempt to compose herself. Aria crossed her arms, not fully convinced that it really was nothing. "I'm fine, really. And I'm bad with pets, they'll die anyway if I'm the one that handled them." Angela took a deep breath, and her expression seemed to revert back to something more cheerful. Maybe it wasn't a big deal after all. "Say, any of you want to spend some time together since we all had finished our first fight? Eating together perhaps, or maybe karaoke? And Aria, sorry for flirting with you earlier, I got a bit too carried away with the flow. Offer's always there, but it's fine if you reject me."

"Oh, it's fine, and sorry but, again, I don't really swing that way," Aria replied, with a slight nervous laugh, and then a light switched on in her head. "Did you say 'karaoke'?" Aria's expression seemed to eclipse Xia's in terms of excitement and energy, her hands clasped together as she looked at the ceiling, eyes staring off into the distance like in a dream. "God I haven't been to karaoke in months, if there's one thing I wish they had in Lore it's THAT. Wait," Aria looked back down at the other two. "Do you guys have karaoke in your worlds? Do you know what it is?! funk, will I even know any of the songs here?!"

ztHNuPq.png?1

Xia hadn't paid any mind to Aria's question, and instead listened to what Angela had to say. Apparently the strange boss lady had said something to her, but she wasn't quite sure what it was she said to make her so upset. While she was curious, her train of thought was quickly derailed as Angela then went on to say something about how she would likely kill any pet that she raised. Trying to help her out, Xia started stammering out, "th-that's not true! I'm sure you could take care of any pet really well!" After that, though, Angela mentioned hanging out somewhere to which Xia could only nod at the prospect of going to have fun with her new friends. Xia had no idea what exactly this "karaoke" was, but as Aria seemed to be super gungho for their venture, Xia couldn't help but get swept up in the excitement. Pumping her fist in the air she said, "woooo, Care-a-okay!" The last word came out a bit broken up, as if she had never actually said it before. When asked if it was in her world as well, Xia kept her look of enthusiasm, but shrugged as if she had no idea. "Don't worry, Aria! I might not know how to do this Caroakay thing, but I'll be sure to learn fast! Let's goooo!" 

Karaoke Krew

As they were standing around deciding exactly what to do, the group of Aria, Angela, Xia, and maybe-maybe not Tesability, found themselves arriving at the karaoke place Angela had found earlier.

It was small and crammed between two other, larger, places, one for Fastfood (McDragon) and one that seemed to be a small sports stadium. Despite the size the building seemed to be well kept and the signs above it were large and flashy, advertising what was inside with such vigor that it managed to stand out despite its poor location.

As they group approached the door it swung open and hit one of the group in the face. A girl walked out and saw, seemed to almost laugh, but then apologized earnestly before running towards the sports stadium "sheet I'm late."

Entering the building they'd see two people manning the counter. A man in a cowboy hat and woman with a green, short, spiky hair.

"I still don't think Country is music." The girl said with a snort. "Anyone can sing Country, hell, my grandpa can and he has a hole in his throat. Double hell he probably can sing it better because of the hole."

"Nah that's the great thing. Anyone can sign it, can't get into music that can't sign along to myself."

"Hey, you three, what you think?"

"Now don't you be getting the customers into this...Plus I'm sure they love it too." He looked at the trio with big, honest, and expectant eyes.

If the group wished to answer and didn't know what Country music was the guy would be happy, the girl much less so, to give them an example. Otherwise they'd send them along to the booth to get their signing on at leisure.

Angela

Shortly before arriving at the karaoke place Angela would receive a message on her watch. "Yo, your commercial is ready. I sent it in, didn't ask, didn't think you'd mind. Next time give me more to work with, though. Ciao." from Spider.

A moment later she'd get a notification that her point total has increased by 40 points.

[spoiler=OOC]Feel free to write the dialogue for the two NPCs inside the karaoke place. Not the other NPC though. Points for the karaoke will be determined after the session depending on time spent and other such things. The time at the moment would be somewhere around 3:15 PM and the message about the pranks will be at 4:00 PM.

Aria

The small group heading out for their own Girl's Night soon arrived at the Karaoke Bar, following the directions given to them on their watches. They walked up to the door, and the door swung open immediately and slammed right into Aria's face. "pbpfffpbpb" Aria sputtered from behind the door. She barely heard the girl apologize as the door was closed and Aria was left pinching a bleeding nose. "Who da hell was dat?" Aria groaned, a nice smattering of blood on her face.

Once they arrived at the bar, they walked in on two employees having a discussion on musical genres, and Aria's ears perked up at some familiar terms.

"I still don't think Country is music." The girl said with a snort. "Anyone can sing Country, hell, my grandpa can and he has a hole in his throat. Double hell he probably can sing it better because of the hole."

"Nah that's the great thing. Anyone can sign it, can't get into music that can't sign along to myself."
"Hey, you three, what you think?"
"Now don't you be getting the customers into this...Plus I'm sure they love it too." He looked at the trio with big, honest, and expectant eyes.

"Nope, girl's right," Aria replied, walking up to the front desk. "Country is what people dat don't know what good music is listen to."

While Angela was quite overjoyed on getting more points for now, it was disturbed when Aria was hit by a door. She came rushing towards her while the girl responsible hurriedly left after saying sorry. Aria was bleeding, but thankfully it wasn't that bad. After making sure that she was alright, the trio continued their way into the Karaoke bar, and they were greeted by a discussion on the counter about something something Country music between two employees. What was that anyway? A genre? Angela didn't really pay much attention to music, and it's not like back then she had that much variety that she heard, especially compared to her earlier session in this place.

"Nope, girl's right," Aria replied, walking up to the front desk. "Country is what people dat don't know what good music is listen to."

"What's country music anyway? A music for peasants?"  It was asked with genuine curiosity at least. "But uh, can you get me and my friends a room again?" 

"Sure!" The girl seemed to perk up from Angela's question and Aria's statement, the former which puzzled Angela. What did she find from it? Either way, the employee girl continued soon after, until she noticed who she was talking with. "Just go...oh, you're from earlier, right? You almost ruined the microphones, so don't do that again. Next time we might ask you to compensate for any damages." The man with the wide hat snickered a bit at that mention, before remembering the previous topic.

"Hey, try listening to this first! You can't just dismiss Country like that!" The man then started to play a sample track of such country music, and well, actually Angela kind of liked it. Perhaps it's because just like the man said, it really was easy to listen to, and easy to sing along to. She simply gave a smile to show her approval before the employees led the group to their room.

"So now that we're here, what should we sing? Earlier when I'm alone, I was fiddling around and tried this music genre stuff called uh...animo? Anima? Anime? Something like that. I don't know, it was quite fun, but since I was singing alone it got boring pretty fast so I just enjoyed myself seeing the cute girls on the screen.

Wanna try that now?"

Aurora Vs Caleb: Round 1

Caleb stood wondering what to expect of the soon to start fight. But with but minutes of prep time left Aurora shot up in place with a panicked expression on her face. She ran off while yelling back "I forgot something!" as an explanation to her opponent and the Arena staff. Within a few minutes the girl came running back into the room but she had changed her clothes. The dog was puzzled as to why it was necessary but then she had explained she was a superhero in training or something to that effect. Regardless it seemed like an awfully comic book type thing to do. Maybe people in Aurora's world were weird like that.

It came time that the battle began. Mauvache herself introduced the fighters to the observers. Caleb couldn't help but balk at his description. "Wonder Dog?" he questioned aloud. He wouldn't have much time to ponder on it as the Virtual Battlefield came into focus… or did it? Was this some sort of loading screen? A graphical error? Everything was white and flat. But then other objects appeared. They were partially transparent but there were specters drifting about the battlefield.

"Sooo… this is it huh?" he voiced aloud wondering if Aurora herself were confused. He wasn't able to move quite yet. The match itself hadn't started formally so of course he couldn't. There seemed to be information in his mind about his abilities here. He was used to having some security equipment on him but these things here were in a whole other league if the impressions in his mind were to be believed. All at once a single ghost moved and with it Caleb found himself free to move. He nearly fell forward from the anticipation of movement. But as best he could tell that meant the fight was on. He still wasn't sure about any of this but Aurora had asked him not to hold back.

With but a thought the equipment about a collar of sorts on his neck appeared. Two decent sized cylinders appeared mounted on his shoulders. "They seriously gave me lasers…" he thought. They fired as easily as they were summoned and Caleb managed to fire a few pulses off in Aurora's direction. The beams traveled through some of the specters uninterrupted but the ethereal figures vanished out of sight altogether as they did. Two of them in particular vanished from this attack.

However Aurora was quick to respond. She managed to dodge out of the way of the laser fire just in time, an unfortunate ghost behind her taking the shot in her place. Caleb decided this was probably safer than getting close to Aurora. She was cold to the touch when keeping her powers in check, he didn't want to feel what she could do when she was actively using them. So he began running to his right in a wide arc and managed to fire three more lasers at the girl. Three more ghosts fell victim to them as they flew through the air.

Again Aurora showed quick and wise reactions. This time a wall of ice appeared in front of her to intercept the blasts. The heat melted into the ice some but wasn't enough to melt through. But the girl hadn't stopped there. The ground around the wall seemed to be getting a thin coating of ice as well. That would make moving around her difficult. But maybe Caleb didn't have to approach from the ground. The lasers had come with a thought and so too came the jetpack. The human-turned-canine took a moment to appreciate someone thinking it clever to arm a dog with lasers and a jetpack before he leapt into the air. The thrust from the jetpack carried him much higher up and farther than he should have otherwise been able to travel. He was about ten feet into the air as he started descending into a dive right at Aurora.

Once more his opponent was ready. The girl seemed to direct the wind itself in his direction. But of course it was one of the coldest breezes Caleb had ever had the displeasure of feeling. It knocked him off of his path and he hit the floor with a thud. In the midst of his descent his lasers misfired off in a random direction killing a single ghost in the process. However Aurora wasn't going to let him simply get back up. She formed a pointed icicle in her hand and threw it at the downed dog. Just as Caleb stood the projectile struck one of his hinds legs and he let out a cry as it did.

Without much thought Caleb charged at Aurora on foot this time, barely managing to keep his footing on the icy floor. He fired two lasers as he ran. Despite the close range one went off course and struck a ghost in the distance. The other however found its mark on Aurora. Amidst being hit she still managed to summon another thin ice wall between her and Caleb as the floor continued being coated in her ice. The dog was left with no real way to stop his momentum and so ended up slamming his face into the wall. An ability he had came to mind in the moment. And despite how it might normally embarrass him he let out a loud bark. In fact so loud it sent a shock wave out from all around him, shattering the ice placed between him and his opponent. Four nearby ghosts managed to die in the process. Without waiting Caleb followed up and swiped his claws out at the girl.

Aurora took the attack, her clothing providing something of a protection from it but not entirely blocking it. With one of her hands she formed another icicle and grabbed hold of it this time not letting it go but attempting to drive it into Caleb herself. The dog took the hit as he was attempting to get in the girl's face again. He kept going and tackled Aurora forcefully to the ground. He then began biting at her face with a snarl. She wrestled with Caleb for a time, taking various bites and claw marks in the process. But eventually she was able to quite literally throw the dog off of her. In the process she sent another blast of wind which helped propel Caleb further back. The dog flew through a ghost on his path, causing it to dissipate like the others.

Taking a moment to collect himself after getting up and process what he'd just been doing, Caleb found something fun about this. It was far from his preferred method of passing the time but there he couldn't deny he was in part enjoying himself. That said Aurora was strong. She seemed ready for everything he did. That superhero training must not have been a joke after all. He looked around but all there was was endless flat white and gray ghostly figures. There wasn't much he could do other than what he had been doing.

"And here she was worried about me going easy on her." he muttered with a shake of his head. It was time to focus.

ztHNuPq.png?1

As the group had followed Angela's lead to get to the Karaoke place, Xia's eyes had a look of childlike excitement as she stared at the building that was lodged between they would be going into. Not really paying much mind to the attention to the other buildings in general, she simply was wowed by the flashing lights and signs that decorated the Karaoke building, and followed her two compatriots into it. She stopped, with concern in her eyes, as Aria's face was met with a swiftly opened door, saying, "a-are you aright Aria?" After that was taken care of, the group wandered in on two people, fiercely debating against whether or not something referred to as "Country" was real music or not. Xia figured this was some odd term that they were simply unfamiliar, as their homeland was most certainly not music. Angela also seemed to be confused on this, but Aria seemed to know just the answer this argument. 

"Oooh," Xia said, nodding at Aria's conclusion, thankful for the girl clearing up any confusion. However, as Angela inquired about what it actually was, the girl who seemed for the music shared with them a sample. Listening to the sample as well, Xia couldn't really see what made it all that different from other music. Trying to figure it out, the gears in the girl's head started to turn, with proverbial smoke coming out of her ears. While she was reaching no actual answer, the girl seemed to become suddenly fatigued, only to follow the group into the actual karaoke booths. After Angela had gone over what she was doing previously here, Xia clapped her hands together with renewed vigor saying, "ooooh, that does sound fun...and cute!" Looking at the equipment in the room, Xia had a studious expression on her face as her eyes squinted, only to then give up and look back to her friends. "How does this thing work?" 

Aria

"Hey, try listening to this first! You can't just dismiss Country like that!" the male worker protested.

"I have listened to it, though. So, I can," Aria retorted with a chuckle. The three of them found their way to their own room, and started to browse through the musical genres.

"So now that we're here, what should we sing? Earlier when I'm alone, I was fiddling around and tried this music genre stuff called uh...animo? Anima? Anime? Something like that. I don't know, it was quite fun, but since I was singing alone it got boring pretty fast so I just enjoyed myself seeing the cute girls on the screen. Wanna try that now?" Angela offered, scrolling through the genres. Aria looked at her with a confused expression.

"I mean, first off, I don't know how or why they have anime here, and second off--" Aria paused and noticed Xia's confusion, and realized that probably neither of them even knew what it was. "Oh, um, I should say. Anime, if I'm right that it's the same thing here, is from my world. It's like... drawings that move, on any of the screens that you've seen here. And, people use them to tell stories? Kinda?" Aria scratched her head, realizing her explanation was really shitty. "It just has a lot of the same styles, and the music genre here is just songs from those shows." Aria scrolled through the songs in the genre and nodded. "Yeah, it's stuff from my world alright. Anyways, the problem is... it's all in my language, so I mean..." Aria noticed the excitement in Xia, and it seemed to be the genre that Angela was more enthusiastic about. It was just them here, what harm was there in it? "...if that's not a problem we can do those songs if ya want."

Though she had wandered off and taken a different path to there, the dragon-like creature found herself pawing up to a place of melody and song, hearing differing voices singing one or two melodies before changing.

Not all the voices sound pleasant, but some of them...

Walking up towards the entrance, she almost had her snout turned into an accordion for the umpteenth time that day by something swinging open in front of her. Thankfully, it missed, but she had her opening and took it to get inside.

"...wha ish dish pwash?" she asked herself as she walked around, almost tripping over a few people walking about that didn't see her in time as she did.

"I don't think I'd care much if the song is in a language I don't understand...which, thinking about it, shouldn't we all talk different languages? Granted, I recognized some of the letters at least, although it seems like it's read a lot differently from what I'm used to.

Anyway Xia..."

Angela was definitely enthusiastic about this, and spiritedly told Xia on how does karaokes work, although her explanation wasn't really perfect. Well, then again earlier she was just focused on watching the animation on the songs anyway, which was pretty fun. Cute boys and girls, and very notable skimpy outfits that...well, they seem to be something she should try out sometimes had Mauvache's not the one ruling the arena with her iron fist. Angela shuddered at the thought and just continued with her explanations. She finished not long after, and afterwards, she adressed the two girls present.

"Say, what songs do you want to sing? Conveniently most of the songs here are sang by girls, so it's easier for us to sing them. I don't know what to pick, so it's up to you~"

ztHNuPq.png?1

As Aria went on to explain what this anime was, Xia nodded, listening intently. After getting a full explanation, she thought about it for a moment before coming to a sudden realization. "Oh, it's just like those uh, cartoon things from back home." Being happy with this conclusion, the girl then listened to Angela's explanation as to how the whole Karaoke process even worked in the first place. It seemed like a simple enough process to go through, and Xia liked music as it was, so she thought this would be super fun. Wondering what they would start with, Angela deferred to the other two to pick a song first. Feeling a large sense of pressure and responsibility all dumped onto her at once, Xia seemed to have both a resolute and serious expression as she started scrolling through all the songs. There were a lot. A lot with very odd titles, some that didn't look like words, by groups that she couldn't make heads or tails of. However, there was one that stuck out to her in particular. In both song and band name, she felt eager to put it on. "Let's go with this one guys!" With excitement and eagerness taking over, the girl selected the song.

As the song began, Xia was quite wooed by the somber and ambient opening to the song, soon the lyrics showed themselves on the screen. Awkwardly and somewhat off key, the dragon girl began to speak the lyrics more so then she did actually sing as they went by. However, once the beginning part finished and the guitars picked up, she seemed to pause and wait. In a completely sudden mood shift, the girl started to do something resembled singing to the lyrics though, it was also mixed with something akin to screaming. As the girl got more into it, the guitar solo hit which involved a lot of head banging and tail wagging, or thrashing, only to go back to her intense pseudo singing once the lyrics came back. Once the song had finished, she took in a deep breath, and exhaled, turning to the others with a completely giddy look on her face. "Man, this karaoke stuff is fun"! 

Archived