RP Smash [IC/Conditional Acceptance/PG-16]

Aria

Aria hopped into the shower quickly, and just as it was with food, with sleep, and more recently with smell, Aria was re-experiencing sensations that were normally mundane were now completely new to her. Aria spent what was probably too much time in the shower, experiencing what was essentially a standing hot-tub for herself. Once she was done, dried off, and dressed, she left the showers as others were entering.

Breakfast was a short ordeal. Aria had spent the 25 points for foods from her world, but even then her breakfast was mostly coffee and eggs; both of which she basically devouring without abandon. Looking up from her food, Aria glanced at what her day might entail. It didn't look like matches would be happening until the afternoon, and until then she was free to do whatever. "Whatever" didn't seem to entail much. Most of the options given in the message didn't seem like something Aria really wanted to do, although the photo op was mandatory. Might as well get that one over with.

The studio where the photos would be taken was very standard for what someone might find of a photo center. There was a camera, there was lights, there was a variety of backdrops, and there was a small crew.

"Hi, I'm here for the photo thingy?" Aria asked as she walked in, wondering if she had even found the right place.

"Who eez zees?" The photographer, a Beast-Kin with large antlers spoke up, looking at Aria with an expression of annoyance written on her face as she strolled over with her head held high. "Zee photo 'zingy'? Gerrl, we are making art!",

Aria stood and blinked a few times.

"Jeeze, sorry. So how long is this going to take?"

"Ah! Zis rood gerrl is eempatient too! Please, come, come!" The photographer rushed over, grabbed Aria by the arm and dragging her over to the stage. "Ah, zis won't do. Zees dark rings under your eyes, zee freez in your 'air! Non non non, we cannot take a photo leike zees! Make up!"

A collection of small drones floating above the ground rushed over to Aria and started assaulting her face with various foundations, while also applying a product to her hair.

"Ah, sheet, c'mon!" Aria gasped out as the robots made quick work. When they were done, it was almost like a completely different person stood in front of them. Aria's hair was done up and her face practically glowed with the better tone and lack of blemishes.

"Much better! Now, about zees, what do you call eet," The photographer waved her hand in the air for a second. "Outfi? Bah! Disgusting! A distinguished lady would neverr be caught DEAD in such rags!" The photographer snapped her fingers and two drones floated in, carrying a large cart filled with various outfits, all appearing very expensive, very modern, and very fashionable. "Normally I would let my client choose what to wear, but zis time I do not trust your taste! Now what to choose what to choose, ah, how about zis one." The photographer held up a dress that looked almost styled after ancient roman warrior's tunic, but retooled to work as a woman's dress. "Now, try zis on!"

"No, please, I'm fine, thanks," Aria spoke up, taking a few steps back from the dress.

"What are you talking about?! Every good fighter needs to make an eempression! A torn jacket and work pants? Bah, no self-respecting man would ever look twice!" The Photographer insisted.

"Excuse me?! Can you stop?" Aria insisted, pushing the dress out of the way. "I'm not that kind of girl, and I am NOT going to wear no funking dress!"

The photographer gasped, hanging the dress back up. Aria mussed up her hair, letting fall down neatly instead.

"The make-up is fine, but I draw the line at the dress. You will take a picture of me, and I am going to look badass, understand?" The photographer glared but remained silent. "Now let's take the funking picture, and get this over with."

Aria went over to the stage, and did a rather standard pose. The photographer took a few shots, but gave few instructions on what to do. Once all was well and done, the photographer let out an exasperated sigh.

"You are a rude gerrl, I 'ope your next opponent teaches you some manners," The photographer spoke out. "You will see the photo in any videos showcasing you as the fighter. Now leave my sight!"

Aria smiled and left the studio, happy that she was able to get that over and done with.

((the resulting photo is the same pose as found on the image in her profile))

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caleb and Xia

"Come on Ty, hurry it up hurry it up." The woman was talking to a man with a camera and a shirt with an odd creature on it.

"G-Gabby hold up this thing, oof, this thing is heavy." He almost fumbled the camera in his haste to keep up with the woman who was power-walking her way from the TV Station. "I don't get why you need to go there, they'll come to us if..."

He had to stop suddenly as Gabby turned on him with a stern look on her face. "Where is your passion? We can't wait around for a scoop. You know how many people are going to want the first interview with the new fighters? Now come on let's get going. This is our ticket straight to the top!"
"Wait, Gabby..."
"No waiting Ty, time to go go go."
"But look, right there."

The woman looked to where the man was pointing and a grin found its way on her face.

She moved like a flash towards the two figures she saw heading their way. Xia and Caleb, two of the very fighters she was looking for. "Yoooohooooo" She called out. "Could I get an interview with the pair of you? One at a time, of course." She flashed a winning smile as she approached the pair who had just ran into each other on their way to the same destination.

Others

The fighters who signed up for the random matches would all get a message at 1 PM "Attention fighters, six of you have signed up for random matches, our randomizer has chosen two sets of matches to be held at 2 PM."

A drum roll sound effect would be heard and then names would pop up.
Angela vs Aria in Arena 1

Xia vs Tesability in Arena 2

Directions to the Arenas in question would be given and a reminder not to be late will be issued. Finally one last warning would appear "Fighters are not allowed to observe other fights. Spoilers are a no no."

It was less than two hours after Angela went into the karaoke that she finally got some update. Perhaps even less than an hour. It wasn't clear. She had lost the concept of time in this strange place. But, the news was not the news about the recording event she went to earlier, it was actually about the random bracket of the Arena fight. Well, that was better than doing nothing. She was finding that karaoke was really boring if doing it alone, not even the alcohol help. Her throat was really sore just from singing two songs, and the rest of her time there had her lower mouth singing using the microphone instead. That was a better experience than actually singing, but even her delightful back up vocal to her singing was also temporary before she was hit with boredom again. 

With the news of the match up being finalized, Angela perked up again and regained her flame, and decided to leave the place as soon as she could, apologizing on the state of the room to the staffs there before she left. The matchup news also included the map to reach the Arena itself, so Angela didn't spend too long getting lost before she reached the place.

"This should be fun...and a nice exercise before the main course later today!

Hopefully this also allows me to know more about the other participants...traveling the city alone isn't fun..."

Aria

Aria was in the middle of her lunch when the announcement for the first round of matches went up. Aria looked at the pairings, saw the name Angela, and through a full mouth of food asked "Wai', who' da'?" Aria swallowed her food and wolfed down the rest, making her way down to the arena.

She was cutting it close getting to the meeting place, having decided to use the bathroom before her first fight and getting distracted on the way. Aria burst through the arena door, jogging into the rectangular room covered in blue panels.

"I'm here! I'm here! I made it, don't--" Aria's half-panicked gasping was interrupted by a large belch. She really shouldn't have eaten so quickly. "--start without me!"

As the pair of fighters stood in the Virtual Battlefield room they'd notice arrows indicating they stand across from each other a short distance. They were able to speak to each other for a few moments before a screen appeared in between the two, high in the air. On each side appeared the face of Mauvache.

KSFwT9w.jpg

"Hello fighters and fans to the first battles of the new and improved roster of Mauvache's Arena! Wondrous abilities and mysterious battlefields await you. Remember, fighters, the first to 0 HP loses! Be sure to put on a good show for our lovely viewers now! In this battlefield we have the Sonic Sensation, Aria and Angela of the Wind Spear!"

Mauvache's screen vanished and a small message appeared in front of both of the fighters. "Do not move while the Virtual Battlefield is created." And then a countdown.

BGM

Battlefield: Decadence Forest

A large and ancient forest that predates any known measure of time. The trees here are large and, in many areas, densely packed. Even the strongest of forces would struggle to damage these mighty trees. Light filters in through the top of the trees but it is dim except for in several more open areas. Lurking within these forests are many creatures. The only which make an appearance in the face of intruders are the fierce leopards who will attack with their claws and fangs and the large, cat-sized, hornets that travel in trios and will sting those who cause harm to a tree.

This Battlefield stretches out 300 feet by 300 feet and can create a rather dangerous game of hide and seek. For the animal inhabitants could, with enough time, cause a considerable amount of damage.

A timer would be seen in the sky wherever the fighters look, starting at 60 minutes, and the fighters would each receive a mental message that when the timer ends the match will end and whoever has the most HP will be victorious.

Aria and Angela will find themselves separated, 50 feet from each other, and unable to see the other, in the giant forest that had appeared around them. They would, almost instinctively, know the size of the battlefield and they would, for three seconds, know the location of the other fighter. They wouldn't be able able to move during these three seconds but, with a sudden horn, they'd be freed from this state of stasis.

The first match had begun.

"Hello fighters and fans to the first battles of the new and improved roster of Mauvache's Arena! Wondrous abilities and mysterious battlefields await you. Remember, fighters, the first to 0 HP loses! Be sure to put on a good show for our lovely viewers now! In this battlefield we have the Sonic Sensation, Aria and Angela of the Wind Spear!"

"Sonic sensation...?"

As she tried to figure out about what Aria would use as her fighting style, Angela waved at her opponent while the so-called Virtual Battlefield was made. She had seen her on the bar last night if her memory's right, and she seemed to be a fun sort. Although as Tegur took most of Angela's attention back then, she wasn't really able to figure out more about or introduce herself to the girl. Well, she still could get to know her more now, despite of that. Even if delayed it shouldn't be that big of an issue, right? After the countdown was over, Angela found herself suddenly inside of a gigantic forest, although somehow she knew that it's only 100 meters squared in area, and for a while she knew about Aria's position, around 16 meters away from her. She wasn't able to move at first, but with a sudden horn, that restriction was removed.

The round has started now.

Using her wind magic to help herself float and jump higher and using her projected spears as stepladder, Angela climbed on a nearby tree with the hope of being able to find Aria as soon as she could. She wasn't the biggest fan of hide and seek, so the sooner she could engage her opponent in direct combat, the better. She was trying to get a better look at the surrounding from the height, but she wasn't able to due to how scarce light were on the forest. Angela grumbled for a moment, trying to figure out what she should do next. However, she soon realized three hornets had suddenly appeared near her, and as those caught her by surprise, she ended up getting mercilessly stung by them and losing her balance. It was pretty irritating, but before she was squished by gravity, she managed to regain her focus and used her wind magic again to cushion her impact. With the concern regarding the hornets' potentially still following her, Angela decided to use Invisible Air for a moment, cloaking herself with refracting wind boundary to obscure her frame, helped with the general dimness of the forest. 

It would not buy her really long - she estimated that at the moment it would only be up for around 15 seconds at most, but Angela used that time to slip out further into the forest, going towards the general direction where she pinpointed Aria before the round started. She was fully expecting to be ambushed, but it shouldn't be that bad. It's better than playing chicken.

~Tesability's POV~

"Hey there."

"Huh?" Not long after shaking away all the wet, a voice sounded nearby, one that seemed aimed at her. Lifting her muzzle towards the source, she ended up seeing someone with a blinding white appearance, sprinkled with a little black and even less red into it.

"Nice place they've got here, huh?"

Initial thought was that this girl was a Light Mage, to which her ears pinned back a little despite the approaching one's attempt to be civil and polite until a reminder popped into her head via the watch.

Reminder: Combat is not permitted outside of sanctioned battles. Attempts to initiate combat prematurely will be punished.

Shoot, she thought to herself, though the sudden feel of cold hitting the tip of her snout did cause her to pull back her head and question just what she was looking at. Shaking her head, she closed her eyes before reopening them, the two white dots among her black eyes having become visible spirals.

"Wha' ish yu?" she whined in confusion. "Ai no now eef y Wite o' Aish, persian, 'umon, ow Maig...

Despite her whining voice, there was the hint of acid upon her attempt of the word 'Mage'.

KCc49dD.png

8:00 AM

"Wha' ish yu? Ai no now eef y Wite o' Aish, persian, 'umon, ow Maig..."

...what? Aurora stood there, baffled by the words she'd been presented with. In her mind, she was reeling for an answer that could make sense and not have her come off as an ass. But what? She couldn't answer the question if she had no idea what the person had just said to her! Let's see, something I could answer anything with and not seem rude. Uhh let's see something like...got it! The answer now fresh in her head, Aurora's expression visibly brightened up now that she'd mentally worked her way over the language barrier separating her and the dragon before her.

Planting a hand confidently on her chest, Aurora said "I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Aurora Burns, and I'm a real-live superhero...in training. And you are?" Nice and smooth.

ztHNuPq.png?1

As Xia had made her way to the television station, she had eventually run into another one of the fighters that had come in to the arena with her. Looking at the strange fur creature, she waved to him saying, "oh, hi there." As she gave her greetings, before going any further in talking with it, a pair of new people had found the duo and seemed eager to talk with them. As she asked to get an interview with one of them, Xia seemed excited to go and start talking with the people, and seeing as the fur creature was willing to let her go first, she happily walked over to a nearby fountain, where the interview was to be taken place. 

The female of the duo told her to tell her a few things about herself, such as her name and what her thoughts on the entire arena thing was. As Xia's eyes continued to glance back and forth between the people and the giant camera thing that the man was holding, she simply told her to act natural and as if it wasn't even there. Nodding at the suggestion, Xia seemed to focus on the fact that there was indeed no camera there at all, and started answering the woman's questions. "I'm Xia, hi. What I think about the arena, hm?" She appeared a bit pensive before her face lit up, saying, "well, I think it's a great that I get to meet all different kinds of people and creatures and fish." Slightly giddy, she tapped her knuckles together before saying, "oh I hope I get to make friends with them."

Taking note of something in her words, Gabby then decided to pounce on it. "Fish you say? Why separate fish from the rest? Are fish important to you?"

"Oh yeah." She nodded cheerily. "Fish are really cool creatures and there's all different kinds of them and they're some that are colorful and some that are shiny. I grew up mostly in the company of fish so I thought I got to meet all there was to see, but here who knows!"

"Well now that's something different, a unique quirk, let's focus on that for now! Tell me about your favorite fish, Xia."

"Oh well, hm, man there are so many." Xia seemed to get a bit pensive before coming up with an answer. "Catfish," she nodded confidently. "They're so cool and cute and they just seem to eat off the ground itself. I don't know how they do it. I've tried it before and it wasn't nearly as good as I thought." She nodded again at her thought, as if affirming her past experience. "Oh, whales are also super cool, but people tell me they aren't fish."

"Well that was quite enlightening, wasn't it viewers? Hm, let's backtrack a little bit. What do you think of Miss Mauvache? Keep it simple if you can." Gabby said. Behind the camera Ty shook his head at her and mouthed "What are you doing." to which Gabby only responded with a "zip it" motion.

"Miss Mavich? Well, I haven't talked to her much, and I've only seen part of her face, but she seems nice and friendly."

Gabby nodded. "We don't have much time, and we still have another interview to do, so let's finish this off with this. What do you want out of your new job as an Arena Fighter?"

With a bright smile on her face Xia simply said, "I just want to make friends with all the new people in the arena. Oh and win. And maybe meeting a dragon." She nodded to herself, thinking that was all she really wanted to do.

"Well there you have it, Xia the fish loving dragon seeker. I think this was a great introduction to our new fighter don't you?"

Almost afraid to speak, Ty mentions, "We don't even know what she can...do."

Gabby waved him off. "We can see that when she fights, interviews are supposed to get those details the public can't find easily after all. In any case, thank you so much for your time, Xia. Perhaps I can talk to you again once you've had a few fights?"

Her eyes it up at this and nodding vigorously she said, "of course! Talking is a lot of fun so sure!"

Gabby and Ty would then go to find Caleb again, Gabby saying "See? Leaving helped. We should listen to me more often."

"More often than always?"

As the interview had ended, the girl had left the duo and looked to the fur thing giving it two thumbs up. She then said, "you can go now." As he went to go, she then realized something. She hadn't eaten much at all yet today, and with a slight rumble of her stomach, she decided to go fix that. Looking through her watch, the girl went through a bunch of different menus until she found the one labeled for food. Going through the menu, she saw a few options for meals, and was quite perplexed at the one labeled "tasteless." She wasn't exactly sure what a tasteless meal tasted like, and was somewhat curious about it. As such, she went to order it. As she did, and the points were deducted from her total, she was then prompted with a message that it had been delivered to a room with a specific number on it. Xia stared at it for a moment before she realized that that was indeed her room. Thinking it best not to let food sit for awhile, the girl bolted off from the station and went to go back to her room. 

Once she had made it back, she had found the meal that she had ordered waiting there. Eating it was an interesting experience. It hadn't ever been like anything she had had before, and she wasn't quite sure how good it actually was. But she continued to eat it more and more trying to figure out just what it was that was with the food. While her opinion was still incomplete, the girl had finished it. As she did, she then wondered what it was that she should get doing for the rest of the day. For the most part, back home, she had just spent most of her day indoors. She never really had much to do and so the idea of having a large mountain of things to do was slightly overwhelming to her. While she continued to sit in her room, a notice was eventually sent to her informing her about the random fight she had decided to partake in. Her eyes lighting up at the mention of getting to fight someone, the girl cheerily made her way to the arena in order to start the bout. 

~Tesability's POV~

"I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Aurora Burns, and I'm a real-live superhero...in training. And you are?"

The dragon's shoulders drooped at both the question shot back at her and the expression shown on the other's face. Though it was on a Dog, she saw the same expression on the one known as Caleb.

A paw brought up to her muzzle in thought, Tesability thought about how to get her question repeated clearly until a sudden 'beep' echoed from Aurora's watch followed by the following words being said aloud:

Message from Tesability Black: "What is you? I no know if you Light or Ice, person, Human or Mage..."

"...gesh dat wowks," she mumbled to herself after releasing a subconscious growl at the word 'Mage'. "Ai ish Teshabiwitee Bwacksh...an' wha'sh ah 'shupuwhewo'?"

Rdlv7J2.png

Cyanthrax was bored out of his mind waiting for his battle. He paced back and forth in the lounge, having eaten a breakfast of rather plain-tasting food and some of the worst beer he has had in a long time and taken a shower in the public showers a while ago. Of course, he had to save up his points - they hadn't given him much in terms of points, and he very much would like to do some of the combat events eventually. He checked his watch impatiently, checking again how many points he had left. A disappointingly low "35" greeted him. He let out a sigh in annoyance - while it wasn't what he had in mind, he would have to muscle through some of the non-combat events that were given to him. Looking through the list for something that slightly interest him, he had decided that he would go to the photo shoot. "Whatever..." he annoyingly spoke under his breathe before begrudgingly leaving the room.

After taking quite a bit to find the photo studio, he eventually did find the place he needed to be. In the room were lights and strange contraptions that Cyanthrax had never seen before. Notably, there was a group of people , some being like the other anime people he had seen roaming around. "Hey! I'm here for the 'photo shoot.' He spoke loudly, using air quotes around photo shoot. "Ah, hello zer." A beast-kin with antlers spoke, walking towards the demon. "Come along zen! We mustn't wazte time!"

"H-Hey!" She grabbed the demon by the arm and pulled him towards where the stage was. "Ah, a bit rough looking outfit. Ze bad boy look, I zee. Thiz'll work." Cyanthrax gave her a glare of annoyance. "Look, how long is this going to take? I have a fight to do....eventually." She returned the annoyed glance with one of her own. "Another rood one, huh? You can't rush art, boy!" She snapped her fingers, causing the crew behind her to start moving stuff around. Suddenly, she grabbed his face, analyzing it. "Hmph. It zeem like you probably don't need make-up." Cyanthrax pulled away from her, stumbling back. "Could you try and be less touchy!?" He spoke bitterly at her. However, she completely ignored him, talking to her crew about whatever photographers talk about. Eventually she came back. "Are you ready boy? We're about to make art!"

Cyanthrax might of enjoyed the photoshoot more than he thought he would, as he spent a large time in the studio, taking a variety of photos with a variety of poses. "You're a natural!" The beast-kin spoke during one of the shoots, Cyanthrax replying with a smug grin. In this particular shot (and the shot they eventually went with for the final product), he was seated in front of a chess board. Placing his legs over the board and question and with a lit cigarette in hard, he gave his signature grin to the camera. He was most proud of this shot, as it showed his demon insignia on his chest the best. Eventually, however, the fun had to stop. "Well, that was a great time. Pleasure making art with you, hun." He clicked his tongue, snapping his fingers at the photographer. He walked out of the studio and checked his watch for the time. "2:05, huh? Heh, I've been in there for a while then." Checking his messages, he noticed that the pairs that would fight were announced. He also noticed that his name was missing from the list. His smile turned into a grimace as he rushed his way towards the main building to reach the arena. 

Upon arrival at the television station Caleb encountered Xia who he had seen briefly in the initial room they'd all been brought to. Given his distracted state of mind there he hadn't caught the girl's name but still he took a moment to appreciate the unique appearance. Those in charge of doing the interviews came to meet them asking for one at a time and the dog did what he could to motion to Xia to go ahead of him. The girl went inside with the interviewers and Caleb walked around for a bit before finding a spot to lie down and wait his turn. He took a moment to look through various things on his watch, making mental notes of places in the city he'd have to visit at some point. People passed by with a mix of looks at the dog waiting by the TV station. He almost dozed off once or twice while Xia spoke with the interviewers. This was interrupted by two different things. The first a young boy walking past with his father ran over to his side and began rather energetically petting his head. He sat up at this confused and was going to say something but the boy's father told him to leave the dog alone and come with him before he had the chance. The second was his watch sending him notifications. Something about fights had been announced.

Eventually Xia reemerged from the building and with some thumbs up told Caleb he could go now. Caleb smiled and raised a paw to wave a bit to send her off then turned his attention back to the building to see Gabby and Ty now waving to him. They led the dog over to the same fountain they had interviewed Xia at. Gabby took a look at Caleb and then asked, "Would you like a stool or something?". Caleb looked at her then the camera then back to Gabby. "Only if its easier to film me that way." he said pretty used to just siting up tall wherever if he needed to talk to someone for a fair bit of time. "What do you think Ty?" she said to her partner. The camera man seemed surprised at the question then took a look at things. "Should be fine without." he said as he began and angling the camera down to view the sitting Caleb's face better. Gabby seemed satisfied.

"Well that settles it. Now, first, the elephant, or dog, in the room. Are you actually a dog? And could you introduce yourself please?" she began. Caleb had done his fair share of press conference type things for Hotel Atlantica when the various staff members were requested to be there. Still there was something different about a personal interview. He scratched at his left ear briefly with a hind leg before answering. "My name's Caleb Reeve, head of security at the Hotel Atlantica." he began maintaining eye contact with Gabby rather than the camera. "I'm twenty three years old and I've been a dog for the last six give or take the odd day out here or there. Originally human though." he said rather nonchalantly. However this wasn't normal obviously however used to it Caleb was and so Gabby had to ask.

""My, how did that happen then?" she inquired. With a strange mix of a laugh and a sigh Caleb prepared himself to tell his favorite story. "The short answer: Damn Leviathans. But if you want a little more, I was trying to get a job at the Hotel to help support my family while they were struggling financially. On the way there after getting hired I got tired and fell asleep. And then I woke up to this. They claimed it was necessary to my job and left it at that. So I went to work as the security dog. Still not sure which one of them did the original magic mumbo jumbo or why the felt the need to transform me in the first place. It got boring asking all the time and never getting a response so I just adapted to my new way of life." he concluded. He took a deep breath and seemed to be making sure that was all he wanted to say on that matter.

"It's not as awful as you'd think though. Once you get over the not having thumbs thing it's not half bad being a dog." he added with a smile. However Gabby and Ty seemed perplexed or even surprised. The two looked at each other for a moment before Gabby continued. "You know... Dragons?" she asked somewhat awkwardly. "Yeah the Leviathan family. They normally look like... well pretty human, but they're really these super huge dragons or something like that. At least Miss Tiamat- I mean miss Elsa claimed her dragon form was enormous anyway. Something like a huge sea serpent supposedly. Never actually saw it. All I know is they have a lot of money, magic and free time on their hands." he said taking a moment to appreciate having to explain his employers to someone. Usually people just knew the name and that was that.

Gabby seemed like she wanted to pursue this line of questioning some but looked at Ty who frowned as they made eye contact. "Well. That's. It's certainly interesting. Er...Ah yes I assume what you want out of this is to become human again then?" she said getting back into the interview groove. That darn spot behind his left ear was itching again and he could never reach it. After some more scratching with his hind leg proved futile he focused back in on the question. "That's a no can do. Leviathans made it pretty clear I'd lose my job if I ever got turned back by someone other than them. And I really do enjoy it there. Think my little brothers and sisters would miss having their big dog bro around too." he answered. He was happy with his life, however strange it was. Well except when he got attracted to someone then being a dog became quite the inconvenience usually. But best not to bring that up here.

Seemingly pleased with the response Gabby continued. "Well isn't he the sweetest thing? Such a good boy. Well, we've learned quite a lot here today let's save some for after you've gotten more famous, eh? Before that, what IS it you want from this whole fighter thing?" she asked. That was a tough one. After only a day here Caleb hadn't taken much thought to it or fighting for that matter. An expression indicating he was in deep thought came across his face but it was still funny to see on a dog. "I haven't thought about it too much but... right now I think I'd like to make it so people like the Leviathans or this Mauvache can't use their magic on me against my will ever again. It's really inconvenient when people who can do crazy things like this never stop to ask if they should." he said with a decisive nod as if agreeing with or reassuring himself.

Gabby seemed caught off guard by the response. "W-well what an interesting fighter we've found. There you have it people, Caleb, security and good boy extraordinaire." She said clearing wrapping things up. She motioned to Ty to cut the feed who quickly did so. Seemed like it was over. Though Gabby still had something on her mind it looked like. "Now one more thing....May I...pet you?" she said awkwardly. "Huh?..." Caleb began taking a moment to process what was being asked of him. Gabby wanted to pet him. Right he was a dog after all. "Oh uh... sure yeah." he said as he stood up and moved closer to the interviewer, being sure to lead out with the left side of his body in hopes she might scratch at the darn itch for him. Gabby excited began petting Caleb and then sure enough began scratching behind his ears. An audible sigh of relief escaped from the dog as she did so and Caleb got really caught up in the moment. To the point he nearly forgot about everything he'd been doing up to that point in the day and just took in the petting. Eventually Ty interrupted telling Gabby they needed to get going who then agreed and backed off. Caleb reached his head out to follow the hand as she pulled it away before snapping back into focus. A soft whimper could be heard as the two headed back into the station.

"Coulda gone for another ten minutes of that." he sulked aloud to himself as he waved goodbye. Caleb turned around and started walking back in the direction of the food places he'd been to the day before as he was getting rather hungry. His watch showed him the various places he could eat and the prices. Anything about basic would require far too many points. But the description of the food didn't sound very appealing. Regardless he made his purchase and quickly consumed some of the blandest food he'd ever taken the time to eat. It helped he'd learned the complicated art of vacuuming food up as dogs were prone to do over the years. Didn't have to spend time chewing tasteless stuff for too long. His watch updated to inform him he now only had 40 points. The interview was supposed to get him some points but clearly the fighting was meant to be his main source of income. He'd been informed of some fights to happen today and was curious to see what this would be like before he threw himself into it.

But at the thought the watch was quick to bring the announcement back up, particularly the ending of the message. Fighters weren't allowed to spectate other battles. That was disappointing. He'd have to experience what the fight was like when he signed up for one. Taking a moment to browse through his alternative point options Caleb saw something about a photo shoot. That sounded painless enough. The watch again provided directions as he desired. As he began slowly walking that way his path would cross with the much faster moving Cyanthrax. Quite literally actually as the dog who was looking down stepped in front of the rushing demon without seeing him.

KCc49dD.png

8:00 AM

Message from Tesability Black: "What is you? I no know if you Light or Ice, person, Human or Mage..."

That's nifty.

"Ai ish Teshabiwitee Bwacksh...an' wha'sh ah 'shupuwhewo'?"

"Nice to meet you, Tesh." Now then, the questions given to Aurora by this dragon. Aurora was no genius, but she had enough context to understand what she was being asked this time. "A superhero is a person who...hmm...well, when bad people have powers and use them to do evil stuff, superheroes stop them! And me, I've got the power to make ice, so I can stop them in their tracks pretty well if I do say so." Aurora sounded pretty proud of her abilities - and rightfully so - despite the drawback they often came with. However, Aurora had things she had to get done today! She couldn't just stick around. That, and she wasn't sure how long she could hold a conversation with a person she couldn't quite understand. "I'd love to stick around and chat, but I have to get some stuff done today. Later!" And the cryomancer was off, waving goodbye as she put some distance between her and the dragon.

Now, who do I talk to about the heating in my room?

Aria looked around as the bare, blue room was transformed into a forest straight out of a fantasy role-playing game. She took a deep breath in and marveled at the sight, and then got told they only had sixty minutes.

“sheet,” she muttered, jogging off through the forest. She should’ve been paying more attention to what to do. Also, she didn’t have any of her normal weapons from Lore, so good ol’ punching and kicking would need to do the trick.

Aria stopped in her tracks, and looked up into the trees. She wasn’t going to have much luck searching from the ground, and would need to get some higher ground. Somehow. Aria spat into her palms and rubbed them together, jumping up towards the nearest tree. However, when she did so, she could hear a low note rumbling around her, and her body felt much more light as she clung to the tree.

“What th-” and then it stopped, and surprised by her sudden increase of weight, fell flat on her ass at the foot of the tree. “Jeeeeeeeeze…” she groaned, rubbing her rear. So she had some abilities up her sleeves, that’s good that’s good.

Aria braced herself, and tried again, using her newly discovered ability to nimbly scramble up the tree and place herself on one of the larger branches. She was fairly high-up now, and taking one small spill was going to mean bad news for her. Aria heard a shout echo through the forest, and glanced around at the canopy. At first she didn’t see anything, but then she spotted Angela down below on the forest floor, walking around.

“He-!” Aria started to shout, and clapped her hand on her mouth. It didn’t occur to her that she had no ranged weapons, and that she was a sitting duck in this position. Quietly, Aria clambered around on the branches, hoping to get a better angle.

“Huh…?” Angela thought that she heard something, but dismissed it as falling dead branches as she continued to walk around the forest. She was already on the rough position where Aria would’ve started on, but she could be anywhere at this point. Maybe she’s on a tree? But there were way too many trees here to check whether Aria’s there or not. She couldn’t just climb every single one of them.

But perhaps, she could use a higher position to help her locate her opponent. On a tree or hiding on the ground...well, it’s not like Angela would be stumbling to her direction if she’s just walking around aimlessly. So she went to a nearby tree, and used Projection to create temporary stepladders using the phantom lances. She was still worried about the wasps, but at least now she knew that they’re there. Around a minute later, she was up around twenty meters above ground level, but much to her chagrin, she wasn’t able to locate Aria yet even from there, not with this forest’s bad visibility.

Aria watched from where she was, as Angela used… some sort of ability to climb up the trees herself. This was her chance! Aria snuck around the tree, carefully, to try and get the surprise flank in. If she could catch Angela by surprise, then Aria could get some free hits without getting any damage herself. Carefully, she took another step and

SNAP

The branch Aria placed her foot on broke clean off, causing her to stumble and desperately grab onto nearby branches to maintain her balance and not fall to a very painful impact.

“sheet!” Aria exclaimed as she balanced between three different branches, using every muscle to keep her balance and hoping that Angela somehow didn’t notice the circus of noise that Aria just caused.

“...Ah, there she is.” Angela wasn’t able to locate Aria’s actual position, but she could hear her voice and the breaking branches from a nearby tree. Without wasting much time, she jumped out of the tree she was in, using her wind magic to make her descent softer. While she would’ve liked a dynamic entry, that wouldn’t be good on her bones. She landed on the ground not long after, and rushed towards where she felt Aria fell to.

“Oh come on!” Aria exclaimed as she spotted Angela rushing towards where Aria was prone. Aria had to think fast, but Angela was gaining quickly. Before she could spring to her feet, Angela had gotten too close and Aria held up her arms in a panic block, sending out a very intense, very loud bass note in Angela’s direction.

“Oof!” The sudden bass note was unexpected, and quite unpleasant. Angela ended up using Strike Air to jet herself back a little bit due to the surprise. At least, that confirmed that Angela was going to the right direction this time. She then fired off another blast of air, this time traveling like a shockwave towards the direction she was going. The blast of air would weaken by distance, but it should still be strong enough to be felt by Aria if she’s there. Once the blast was fired, Angela immediately followed, preparing herself to act depending on the result of her earlier attack.

Aria was only just getting on her feet until she was knocked over by a blast of air, tumbling back. “funk!” she exclaimed, desperately working to land on her feet. Doing so successfully, she flipped her hair out of her face. “Okay, now I’m starting to tilt!” Aria growled as she used her Legato Leap that she used before to make climbing easier to make her own running faster, sprinting head-on towards Angela. Once she was close enough, she threw her fist forward towards Angela’s gut. Whether the punch hit or not, at the apex of the swing a small explosion of sound and air would erupt like a gunshot at the tip of her knuckles.

Angela was a bit too carried away on how she was going on the offensive for once, and fully not expecting Aria’s punch that she barely dodged, but the explosion of sound and air that followed threw her slamming right into a tree. It hurt quite a bit, but wasn’t enough to mess her up too much to disable her on the fight. After a few seconds of recovering, she darted forward using Strike Air, throwing herself like a projectile towards Aria’s direction with her spear ready. Her flow was still off so far in this fight, and the sooner she could get to her groove, the better.

“Heh, bring it on!” Aria taunted, but of course got ahead of herself too soon. Her timing was off, and as Angela brought the spear on it managed to clip Aria’s side. Aria felt a piercing pain, but there was no blood and her clothing was, thankfully, still intact.

“funk, okay hold on,” Aria growled, gripped her side as she backed off a bit, but attempted a faint in this as she made her own approach back on Angela, this time sliding down low and attempting to trip Angela up from her position.

“Huh, no blood- hey!” While she was being distracted by the fact that her hit wasn’t causing any injuries, Angela found herself tripping herself to the ground due to Aria’s action, but pushed herself back up with the help of another blast of wind. It gave Aria an opening to attack her however.

Aria took this opportunity, leaping to her feet, spinning on her heal, lifting her leg up high, then bringing her heel down hard where Angela was, planning on encorporating the same Staccato Slam that she had pulled off before at the end of her axe-kick. Angela, who was just recovering, was unable to dodge the kick as it crashed into her frame really hard, however the realization it the kick didn’t break her bones gave her a moment to fire a wind blast towards Aria moments after she crashed to her.

The blast of wind launched Aria off of Angela, into one of the nearby trees. “Oof!” Aria gasped as she gripped desperate to the tree with her arms and legs. She was a sitting duck in this position, and began work at trying to climb back up into the trees. She didn’t need to reduce Angela’s HP to 0, only gain the lead and then last until the time-out… that shouldn’t be too hard, right?

After the recovery from the blast and kick, Angela refused to let off on her attacks. The battlefield clearly supported fighters that would like to play hit and run until the time ran out, but there would be no thrill about that, and she refused to let herself or her opponent to participate in such a boring approach. Angela launched herself towards where she saw Aria landed, and stabbed a projected spear into the trunk when she arrived as help for her positioning. She noticed Aria was above her, and climbed towards her direction, getting her sword ready over her lance this time.

“H-h-HEY THAT’S INAPPROPRIATE!” Aria cried out, wanting to avoid a spear in the rear and pushing off from the tree with another Staccato Slam with another gunshot, managing to perform a flip in mid-air as she landed on the grass, and then stumbled and landed on her ass again. “Watch where you’re pointing that thing!”

“...This thing?” With Aria jumping off to the ground, and with her position being quite clear now. Angela decided to follow suit now. She jumped off from the tree, then stopped herself from falling using wind magic while she charged her Gungnir with air. “Alright, I’m aiming it somewhere else then. Soaring Spear!” Yelling the attack name, she threw the wind-charged spear forward like a javelin, but it then took a sharp turn midair and came crashing towards Aria’s direction. As it did so Angela fired herself into another tree as she descended slowly while the spear would distract Aria.

“What the fu-?!” Aria shouted as the spear turned in mid-air and aimed at the Aria who was sitting on the ground. With her legs not entirely closed. Aria spotted where it was going. “I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE AIMING IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!” Aria shouted, bunching her knees to her chest on the ground and springing them out at the oncoming spear, creating another explosion of sound above her directly into the spear, and noticing just as she was doing so that Angela was coming down to her position. At the least, the explosion of sound wouldn’t feel too good on the ears…

Had it not for the Arena’s settings, Angela’s eardrums would’ve ruptured at that moment, however even then she was now suffering from intense ringing inside of her head, which was quite a pain. So it was clear now that Aria’s ability was centered around sound and wind, not too different from hers minus the sound part. The blast of sound threw Gungnir away and made it land right next to a nearby tree, and so Angela jumped from her position to grab it before turning back towards Aria. She tried to speak, but the intense ringing made it hard for her to think about a good line, and it was generally quite annoying in general so instead she just charged forward instead, using her wind magic to move faster and faster.

Aria rolled to the side of her position, moving to her hands and knees and springing from the ground from there. “I gotta stop landing on my ass,” she muttered, but didn’t have time to react as Angela’s sword swung in Aria’s direction, ringing in the air as it clipped Aria’s arm. “SONUVA jabroni!” she shouted, grabbing her arm. “Okay, time to back off!!” As Aria shouted this last statement, a high-pitched screech emanated from her position. Brief, but like the apex of a mic feeding back it wouldn’t be pleasant for anyone nearby involved.

With her ears still ringing, the backlash from Aria didn’t hurt her head as much as Angela thought it would, and she used Gungnir to anchor herself to the ground, before using Strike Air on the tips to rocket upwards and yank her held arm from Aria. She then projected two spears in succession and threw them towards Aria down there before she came down again, a wind blast accelerating her charge as she aimed for a strike to her opponent’s body.

Aria did her best to dodge the spears, and was successful in the first, yet the second managed to hit her square in the stomach. Aria let out a gasp of pain and wasn’t able to move in time as Angela charged directly into Aria’s body, the two of them tumbling across the ground and into a nearby tree. Aria kicked Angela off of her body, and sprung to her feet, ready to make another move when she heard a growl nearby, and glanced into the depths of the forest. There, at the edge of the small “clearing” in which they conducted their fight, were the black bodies and beady eyes of a couple jaguars.

“They let JAGGERS into this place?!” Aria cried out, backing away from the tree line as the jaguars advanced towards the two fighters. Aria needed to think fast; at best she was getting out of here and running away until time was up, but after the last spear hit she wasn’t sure she would be able to win if that was the case. Yet if she stayed, there were frickin’ jaguars to deal with.

The charge Angela did was properly calculated, and she had been planning to properly land after hitting Aria, however she had been taken by surprise by the hornets again. Multiple hornets, way too much for her to count at the moment, stung her just as she hit Aria, ruining her concentration and made her tumble around the ground with her opponent. After getting kicked away off her opponent’s body, Angela groggily rose up, still suffering from the pain of the hornet stings which was very much so not enjoyable at all, and she noticed the predatory cats surrounding the two.

“...What’s a jagger? Those cats?” Angela started thinking. It’s impossible to ignore them, and while she could aim for safety above the trees...that’d be boring. And it’s impossible for her to die here anyway. She hadn’t felt what it’s like to be shredded by predatory cats, but it might feel enjoyable. In that case, it’s best to just focus on attacking Aria even when she’s being torn apart by the cats. Yeah, that should be a good plan.

Aria, however, had a similar idea. She needed her HP to be above Angela’s before she beat it out of there, and to do that, she needed to beat Angela into the ground. Using her Legato Leap, Aria boosted her movement and sprinted directly at Angela.

“Feedback… PUNCH!” Aria shouted, going for a right-hook feint at the head and really aim to hit Angela in the stomach hard with a Staccato Slam with her left fist. Her plan was flawless.

Angela anchored herself using Gungnir as soon as she noticed Aria coming at her, and as Aria used her technique on her guts, she took the direct it as she tried her best to not be blown away, getting dragged by almost a meter in the meantime. A jaguar then seemingly decided that it was the right time to pounce at her, and she could feel its claw hurting her back as its weight attempted to bring her down. Thinking about it, it might be fun if she try to...nah, not now. She drew her Gungnir from the ground and with the jaguar still latching on her back, she propelled herself forward, the spear facing Aria as she rocketed.

“Not this time!” Aria said, stepping a bit to the side and grabbing hold of the spear, using Angela’s momentum to spin her around like in that old game Mario Sixty-Four, and let go of the spear in a direction that Aria hoped would be towards a tree, but she wasn’t exactly paying the most attention.

Angela was then thrown into the tree, but with the Jaguar still stuck behind her during the process, the poor cat ended up serving as an excellent cushion. It seemed that her movements had been read by Aria, so Angela had to think about something else now. She decided that perhaps it’s best if she wasn’t the one fully on the offensive now. She put Gungnir on her back, and drew her sword again. She still needed to get used to it.

Aria did a quick mental calculation of the jaguar attack, of the spear toss, and the punch she pulled off early, and concluded…

...that she had no idea how the HP system in this game was calculated. Nevertheless, there was still a Jaguar out there and… was that buzzing? Aria looked around confused, and started spotting some large hornets.

“Okay, this is getting stupid,”   Aria growled, using her Bass Batter in an attempt to fend off the hornets away from her. However, she needed to get an attack in, even though it seemed like Angela was taking the defensive. Aria glanced at her watch, and saw one last ability that she hadn’t used yet. She didn’t see much, beyond “Requires charge”, and knew that now wasn’t the time, with flipping jaguars and hornets running around.

“Okay, new plan: The old plan!” Aria decided, rushing in at Angela with the same tactic, though this time the right hook wasn’t a feint.

“You really like my stomach don’t you? Want to see it sometimes?” Well, it wasn’t a time for flirting. Charging wind magic with her sword, once Aria was confirmed to be rushing at her, she let out the charged Strike Air, aiming to hit Aria with the blast of air while she was in a prone position, which if she was hit, she would be able to combo off her.

“W-wanna what?!” Aria was caught off guard by the sudden, forward statement, and faltered in her rush for a second. The Strike Air managed to connect with Aria quite a bit, but it wasn’t entirely successful in knocking her prone. Instead, she was brought down to her knees as she worked to regain her balance.

“I’m pretty serious! Come see me after battle if you want more!” Angela used the moment to lunge forward with her sword, swinging it wildly at Aria without any rhythm. The range was terrible but it’s better at slashing. Perhaps she really should’ve stuck with her spear. If Aria stayed on her position as she started attacking, at the end of it Angela would use Strike Air in an attempt to launch Aria up.

Aria launched herself forward, using a Staccato Slam comboed with a Lagotto Leap at her feet to provide a brief burst of speed and used her arms to block the first swing of the sword. From there, she made to slam the top of her forehead right into Angela’s face.

“...Yeah, swords really are lame.” Reeling from the pain after the headbutt, Angela used the moment while Aria was near her to discard her sword and hold the girl as tight as she could before she used Strike Air underneath them to launch both upwards, chaining it with a few other Strike Airs to go even higher due to the added weight that needed to be supported. The overextending of magic opened the heaven holes around her for a moment. Once they were around ten to fifteen meters above ground, Angela let go of her hold and went for a kick charged with wind to get Aria hit the ground hard.

“SHIIIIIIIT!” Aria cried out, using her Legatto Leap in an attempt to slow her descent as much as possible, but the momentum from the Meteor Smash was too strong for this ability to negate too much of that. As a result, Aria plunged right into the ground with large crash, and pulled herself out of a small crater with a groan. “Looks like it’s time to give it a shot…” Aria grunted. She ran back several meters to gain more distance, and stood with her arms crossed, a quiet hum growing steadily louder around her as the air in her vicinity began to vibrate with increasing intensity.

“So this is the finale…? I’ll do my best too then.” Angela, who had landed earlier after her attack, pulled out Gungnir again, and readied it as she went into a stance. “The fatal declaration of the unswaying gods, Gungnir...activate!” The heaven holes opened from behind her, the spear itself using its power to seek out the possibility of hitting Aria in her vitals. She soon found the possible path for it to follow, and Angela went forward, letting the spear guide itself to her target’s heart. “This is the barbed spear that pierces with death! Gungnir, penetrate her!”

The hum around Aria had reached a loud point, and her hair began to dance in the vibrating air. She watched Angela charge her own ability, but wasn’t able to do anything about it. Angela threw her spear, and it flew directly into the space where Aria’s heart would be. The spear passed through Aria’s body without injury, and it hurt like hell. She was still standing, and she still had her ability.

“Thats… Not… Going… To do it!” Aria growled through gritted teeth, the air dancing in chaotic motions around her. “Now taste this! ULTIMATE… FEEDBACK… PUNCH!” Aria jumped forward, and immediately as she did so, there was a clear moment of silence. Not the kind where people are intentionally quiet, but one where it seemed that the mute button was put on the world. Seconds later, there was a deafening explosion as the air itself rippled in Aria’s wake. Mid-flight, a second, but small explosion erupted until finally, the speeding bullet Aria herself, and more specifically her fist, met with Angela with a final, deafening burst. Aria fell down to the ground, and stumbled on her feet for a few moments. “How’s… that… huh?” She said with confidence, yet out of breath. She hadn’t tried, but she could feel that, at least for the next while, her abilities weren’t going to work out like before.

“It’s...certainly flashier than mine.” Angela struggled to stand up from the small crater she ended up on, reeling but enjoying the pain she got from the impact. She was quite clearly smiling. “Let’s continue however, if we still have time. I’m still standing now even without my weapons, after all. Before the jaguars attack us again.”

As Angela said this, the trees around the both of them exploded into fire and smoke, their watches immediately flashing ten minutes remaining.

“Ehh??!! I didn’t think it would be THAT flashy!” Aria cried out, more scared of the fire going on around her than she was of what Angela was doing. Ten minutes left, and if her hit was that good then she should be able to bugger out… into the fire… Well, at the least she can find a better clearing. “I’m getting out of here! I don’t like this!” Aria complained, attempting to activate her Legato Leap to improve her speed, but all she got was a sound comparable to a balloon letting air out. Nothing else. “sheet! I used up all my juice!”

Regardless, Aria found the biggest gap in the trees that she could find, and dove into the deeper woods, keeping her distance from the flames and desperate looking for a place of even a little bit of relative safety.

“You’re not going away!” Using her holes to recover her magical energy, Angela pursued Aria through the deeper woods, ignoring the fire that was going on around her as she kept gaining more speed using her wind magic. She used her Gradation Air to form a pair of spectral wind spears, which she fired towards Aria as javelins when the girl entered her field of vision. The spears made of wind still carried the original’s homing properties as projectiles, so both went on their way to fly to Aria’s position as Angela continue her pursuit.

Aria glanced back as she ran, noticing the spears. She didn’t have her magic yet to defend from those spears, and facing them head-on would only result in more damage. As the first got close, Aria ducked and rolled, feeling the air around her move as it passed overhead, but that didn’t stop the other from hitting her square in the back.

“Frick ME!” Aria complained again, continuously trying her Legato Leap so she would know when her magic would pop back on. So far, it wasn’t so good, and she was beginning to wonder if using her strongest ability so early was such a good idea.

Nevertheless, she managed to find a clearing, but to get through she needed to dive through some flames. “Here goes nothing!” She took a deep breath, coughing from the smoke, and leaped through the flames into the clearing. “I did it!” She proclaimed triumphantly, and just then noticing that her jacket had caught fire. “Frick, no no no!” She whined, rolling on the ground until the fires went out.

It was odd to Angela that Aria didn’t use her abilities again so far, but despite it being quite a bummer, she continued her pursuit, forming two more spears on her hands as she went faster and faster. Seeing Aria going through the wall of flames, Angela just end up using her Strike Air to force her way through it, getting her clothes being lit by fire in the meantime, but despite the heat she didn’t stop her pursuit. As Aria was putting out the fire on her, Angela rushed forward, aiming to stab her with the spears.

Aria was still rolling on the ground, putting out the flames when Angela came rushing back in, and she had no time to place herself back on her feet. As the spears got closer, Aria reflexively put her arms up and used another Bass Batter, this time successfully, knocking the spears away.

“Success!” Aria proclaimed, springing back to her feet. “Looks like the juice’s back on!” Aria then noticed Angela’s clothes still being set aflame. “Uhhh… You’re on fire, you know that, right?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty painful. At least my clothes didn’t get ruined, I think?” Recovering from the shockwave, she rushed towards with newly formed spears on her hands, and she fired a Strike Air right from above Aria, aiming for the blast to slam her to the ground, and then she went for a slashing and stabbing motion with her spears. “I don’t think we have much time left, so stay still, won’t you?”

“How about YOU stay still!” Aria retorted, using Bass Batter again directly above her, narrowing the focus as tight as she could for maximum effect. Immediately the air strike exploded into wind as Aria’s sound waves tore right through it. Angela’s jump sent her past the Bass Batter, forcing Aria to duck in low and go for another punch with her Staccato Slam.

Without having any worries about the punch coming towards her, Angela pushed herself forward with a charged Strike Air to counteract the backlash of Aria’s punch shockwaves, allowing her to continue her attack despite being hit squarely on her gut by Aria. She went for a rapid jab to the chest with her other spear slashing Aria, before firing another Strike Air from below her to hopefully launch her to the air, leaving her even more prone to Angela’s attacks if it’s successful.

With one spear jab hitting Aria in the chest, she reacted with her Soprano Scream quickly, creating a sound much like that of a very loud microphone feeding back immediately. “Sorry about your ears!” Aria apologized as she used this brief window of opportunity to dodge the other attacks and move in with a quick succession of two Staccato Slams on Angela’s person.

Angela at this point didn’t really care about getting hurt, no, she was getting to enjoy it as usual. She pushed herself forward so she was able to get hit by both blasts, but used the opportunity to hold onto Aria’s wrist as hard as she could, leaving her open to more spear stabs before Angela used a Strike Air to get herself away from Aria after her attacks were done. The flames were still getting pretty annoying though, so she decided to undress and discard her shirt and skirt, wrapping them around the tip of her spear in all their blazing glory afterwards. The force behind her thrusts would offset the slight decrease in sharpness, hopefully. Although sharpness didn’t seem to matter as much here anyway.

Aria grabbed a hold of Angela’s spear by the rod as she gripped Aria’s wrist, the two of them in a form of tug-o’-war until Angela wrestled her spear from Aria’s grip, letting go of Aria’s wrist as well to escape any additional attacks.

“H-h-h-h-h-HEY!!!” Aria stuttered as her face turned beet-red, being forced to pay attention to what her underwear-clad opponent was doing. Angela was wrapping her flaming clothes around her spear, taking advantage of how they weren’t burning up in order to enhance her attacks on Aria. However, the spear gave her the range advantage, and Aria needed to make that advantage as minimal as possible.

“Oh no you don’t!” Aria announced, diving into Angela with her Legato Leap with the intent of bringing her to the ground and putting her into a full-nelson hold. If she couldn’t win by HP-Down, hopefully she could make Angela tap out!

“Enjoying the look, aren’t you?” Aria’s reaction made Angela giggle, but the girl soon went in to dive into her. Of course, that wouldn’t do. Angela simply used her wind magic to gather enough speed to dodge Aria’s attempt to bring her to the ground, as this time her movement was easier to read. She followed it up with a double slash using both of her burning spears as Aria landed. Angela had taken way too much risks already, and it seemed that letting Aria take the initiative for now would be for the best while she find an opportunity to just go wild on her.

Aria’s dive missed Angela, forcing her to tuck and roll with her momentum, narrowly avoiding Angela’s spears in the meantime, and jumping into at Angela again, this time ready to bring her fists down on her. “You wish!” Aria taunted back, hoping to connect some hits this time. At worst, she would just push Angela back into the fire, which wouldn’t be a bad course of events either.

“I mean, I can show you more if you want to.” Due to her positioning and with how Aria had to attack from a prone position after her attempt to dodge Angela’s slashes, Angela was able to react in time to Aria’s jump, and ducked in time before firing a Strike Air right from underneath her before she hit the ground, using the updraft to also launch her spear towards Aria in the meantime.

“Sorry, I don’t…” Aria rolled to the side as she landed again, spotting the spear and deflecting it with another Staccato Slam. “...Swing that way!” Aria used another Staccato Slam on her feet, launching her forwards again while maintaining her Legato Leap and keeping the pressure on. “You can’t keep backing away forever!” Aria taunted, the burning trees behind them getting closer as she aimed to hit Angela with another Staccato Slam.

“...Damn, that’s disappointing. You should try me out sometimes, trust me~” Looking at Aria charging at her again, her movement seemed to be even more readable when she’s agitated. What a pity, she wanted her to pull off something even more fun. Angela went on to do some odd slashing and stabbing motions using her remaining spear to the air in front of her as Aria was launching herself at her again.and a few moments later, she launched herself up into the sky with Strike Air. “Alright, dimensional magic, set! Let’s try making this even more fun!”

“What magic… what?” Aria was confused as to what was going on, and what Angela had just done was weird; she wouldn’t have reflexes that bad so late in the fight. As Aria landed to make her attack, there was a sharp movement in the air that slashed at Aria, prompting her to back off as she could hear the remaining slashes. So that’s what that did. Angela had launched herself way into the air in the meantime, which was starting to annoy Aria. “Oh, you want this fun? I’ll give you a party; I’ll give you a concert!” Aria spotted where Angela was and directed her Bass Batter in Angela’s direction, narrowing the focus as much as she can for maximum effect. Time to shoot a duck out of the sky.

Aria’s annoyed voice was the warning Angela needed, but realizing that she was in a very prone position to Aria’s shockwave attack ended up forcing the bluehead to use Strike Air on herself, launching herself to a nearby burning tree with a thud.

“Ouch, ouch, ouch...oh, I got caught in fire again.”

Ah, it was so warm. Feeling that she was starting to burn up again, Angela leaped out from the tree, and went up higher to the sky again until she located her spear that she had launched earlier. She grabbed it with her hand, and fired the burning spear towards Aria’s location before she herself dived in towards her while making strange thrusting motion with her remaining spear in the meantime. “What goes up, comes down crashing! Shooting Hundred Head, set!”

Aria deflected the first spear, as she had learned to do with these, and noticed Angela doing the delayed spear attacks once again. This time she knew what that was about, and wouldn’t fall prey to it again. Angela in the meantime was confident, while the attack hadn't been fully charged, a direct hit would be able to e-

KSFwT9w.jpg

Time 0:00

The fighters would freeze in place as they were as the timer flashed 0. A few seconds later the environment would fade away and they would be left standing where they had been originally upon entering the blue room.

The screen from before, which had shown Mauvache’s face, now had their HP totals.

Aria: 460

Angela: 280

Winner: Aria, due to Time Out

The pair would receive messages notifying them that they had gained points. Aria 60 and Angela 10. A second message appeared for Angela herself “Meet me on the top floor of the Arena” -Mauvache

The room returned back to its original state, and Aria saw her HP on the screen in contrast to Angela’s, and cheered, jumping in the air. “Yeah! Let’s go, who’s ya girl!” Aria celebrated, thankful to have some points under her belt now. Angela in the meantime just smiled at Aria's celebration, and went ahead to pick her scattered weapons and clothing before leaving the area. She understood the reason she lost, and for her next battles, she would adjust her tactics accordingly. It proved to be surprisingly fun too, so perhaps she could stay in this world for a while.

"Congrats for winning, Aria. My offer still stand though, so come visit me in my room if you want to. But for now, see you later."

Once she gathered everything and said her farewell to Aria, Angela went to leave the immediate area and made her way to the top of the Arena to find the one that had summoned her.

Rdlv7J2.png

The demon, in his hurry to reach the arena, hadn't noticed Caleb crossing his path. "FU-" In a less than graceful fashion, Cyanthrax tripped over the canine and face planted onto the asphalt. "Son of a..." He got up and turned around, noticing what he had tripped on. The only thing he found was a dog without it leash. "HEY! Watch where you're going, ya mutt!" He shouted at the dog before realizing how ridiculous it must look from the outside that he was shouting at a dog. He let out an annoyed sigh, brushing off the dust off of his jacket and pants. Taking another look at the dog, something felt strange. Like he had seen this dog before. Now that he thought about it, he hadn't seen many dogs around. It would probably be weird, considering that most of the people from this...world?...were animal-kin. He stood there for a second, trying to remember where he had seen this damn dog.

Caleb let out a loud classic dog yelp as something rammed into his side and proceeded to tumbled over him. He was knocked onto his side in the process. He was dazed for a moment and lied on his side for a moment processing what had happened. He realized what must have happened and quickly scrambled to his feet with a shake or two in the mix. He saw someone had tripped over him and landed face first on the ground. The dog himself wasn't hurt particularly but he felt horrible for making someone fall and hurt themselves. He began to approach to check on him as the man got to his feet and brushed himself. He seemed okay. But then he suddenly yelled. "HEY! Watch where you're going, ya mutt!". The canine reeled back a bit, his eyes shut and ears shifted down closer to the top of his head, at the shout. The person was upset and understandably so. Caleb peeked one eye open and raised the accompanying ear to see if it was safe. The man had paused for a moment. Looking at him Caleb thought he might have seen him somewhere yesterday. Where he couldn't place however as he'd been so many places and seen so many different kinds of people. Somehow the idea this was another fighter before him seemed right. But even if he was he knew nothing about Cyranthrax. Even had the man introduced himself Caleb hadn't caught any names.

"I'm sorry sir! I should have paid better attention. Are you alright?" he finally said breaking the silence. Hesitantly he moved somewhat closer trying to see if the man had any visible scrapes. Though he didn't exactly have anything on him to attempt to clean or bandage any scrapes with if he found them. Awkward security dog first aid administrations usually went better with absurd special canine friendly first aid kits Caleb was provided with at the Hotel for emergencies.

"A superhero is a person who...hmm...well, when bad people have powers and use them to do evil stuff, superheroes stop them! And me, I've got the power to make ice, so I can stop them in their tracks pretty well if I do say so."

Tesability tilted her head a little bit at this, bringing a paw to her muzzle as she thought about what she and other Champions and regular NetMonsters tried to do after the Hunters suddenly disappeared.

Though they were unsuccessful in saving her home at the end, does that make them 'superheroes'?

"I'd love to stick around and chat, but I have to get some stuff done today. Later!"

"Huh?" The dragon looked down from her upwards gaze to see the odd girl walking away, waving at her in a manner of saying 'goodbye' before disappearing. After a few blinks, she just shrugged and muttered "Otay?" to herself.

She was feeling the need to fly about, get a better look at where she was now. So, with that in mind, she made a beeline for the exit before stretching her wings and flying up upon leaving.

iU8EggM.png

Tesability almost didn't want to approach all the moving things above her. They all looked really strange to her, and quite a few of them gave that stink of magic she was being forced to get used to in the area. Blowing air out of her snout, she flew up further, trying to merge with the flow of the moving things.

Getting in wasn't the problem, it was keeping pace and being able to look down below at everything without slowing down repeatedly. This random slowing down and speeding back up caused some of the moving things to make loud sounds in response, sometimes short bursts, sometimes long and annoying.

It was making getting what she wanted done more than annoying...but the worst was yet to come.

She heard a strange noise, one that was painful to her leaf-like ears, causing her to pin them against her head. "Owie," she whined before turning towards the source to see someone not inside but riding on top of one of those strange things, almost like a mount streaming with a trail of orange light.

"Alright, come down below," she heard, to which she didn't mind doing if only to get out of that craziness. Flapping her wings to stay aloft, she turned to see whom stopped next to her, a feathery person-like figure wearing an odd outfit. They seemed to wear a top and bottom that was a dark-blue coloration, but the top had another layer over it, a layer of silver that didn't cover as much. Shirt and vest combo, maybe? She had seen a couple of custom Human NetMonsters with such, after all. A pin was attached to the vest on one spot with the word 'police' on it and an orange visor over the eyes that was hard to see through. "First of all, just what are you? I've never seen something like you before."

"Ai ish ah Dundew Dwagon Champeeon NetMonshtew," she would say before seeing her words being written out in reverse in small text, but much clearly than she could say. Not long after saying that, however, was when Tesability finally noticed the feather colorings...

...mostly brown with lighter and darker shades sprinkled in. That normally flagged a NetMonster as an Earth NetMonster, which caused her to gulp. Even if there was no advantage given to either side by species, Earth had a clear advantage over Thunder in her home, so she was disinclined to give this Bird a reason to be further mad at her, if they were mad at all.

"Thunder Dragon...what?" Shaking their head, they looked back at the flapping dragon. "I don't know what kind of nonsense that is, but anyhoo, do you have a license for..." A feathered hand rose to a pointed chin, as if in thought of how to continue the sentence before finally saying. "Do you have a flying license?"

Tesability blinked a couple of times blankly before finally saying, "Ai needsh ah fwyeen wishensh?"

Tesability saw the Earth Bird shake their head, not a good sign. "You're gonna have to come with me down to the station while we get you sorted out. I'm not sure what laws cover someone with the ability to fly such as yourself. Follow."

Hearing the last word as a definite command that could have easily came from a Hunter, Tesability gulped before following the Bird to the 'station'.

iU8EggM.png

They had her in a 'holding cell' by herself, which she started pawing about to and fro in boredom. There had been several attempts to remove the watch on her paw, but after discovering that with it, someone with a communication device didn't need the visors to understand her, they left it alone.

She was getting bored and fast, she had no idea how long she had been in here. She even debated doing what she did last night and sleep, though she wasn't sure if that brown stuff would come back or not. No one informed her as to what that was, anyway...

Attention fighters, she suddenly heard in her head after being projected from the watch. Six of you have signed up for random matches, our randomizer has chosen two sets of matches to be held at 2 PM.

A drum roll sound effect suddenly sounded, jolting the NetMonster before hearing further:

Angela vs Aria in Arena 1
Xia vs Tesability in Arena 2

Hearing the instructions in her head about where to go to the Arena from her current location and being given a warning that lateness would not be tolerated, Tesability let loose with a 'meep!' before beginning to paw away hard at the door, holding back the claws for the moment.

"Ai hash tu gow! Hash tu gow to aweenah!"

"We have not figured out what to do with you---"

"Wait, did it say 'arena'? As in the battle arena?"

A whine escaped her throat at the bodiless voices she was hearing from beyond the door, hoping she wouldn't be in trouble. "Someone find out its name, I think we accidentally got on hold one of the new fighters." An audible groan became heard before hearing from above a familiar voice, the one that brought her in here. "What is your name?"

"Teshabiwitee Bwacksh," she repeated, getting more impatient as she continued to paw at the door, claws beginning to come out to slash at the door in the process.

"...uh, oh."

"What do you mean, 'uh, oh'?"

"...she's one of Mauvache's newest fighters."

"That thing is a she? And what does that have to do with anything?"

"Either we let her go, or keep her and deal with the possible aftermath. You especially know how Mauvache is like, Carren."

Another groan that was more like a growl, the door suddenly opened and she ended up accidentally raking across the face with her claws the same Bird that brought her here.

And they looked not happy with her.

"Get...out of here...before I do...what I want to do."

She didn't need to be told twice. In fact, she was out as fast as she could before making for the arena at speed enough that she became a literal lightning bolt in the air, catching the attention of many watchers below.

The bird-like humanoid with feathers that were various shades of brown, Carren, growled under his breath as she left.

"...I don't care if Mauvache brought that here, something allowed to skirt the laws like that should not be in my city..."

iU8EggM.png

She slowed down considerably to avoid literally crashing into something as she landed in front of the Arena, looking up at it and letting loose with a whistle. "...dish awmosht wooksh wike de Geosh!itiesh Cawasheeum," she muttered to herself.

After Aria and Angela’s fight the fighters would receive messages, which they may look at if so desired, which were taken from an official “Arena Discussion” site on the Internet. They ranged from positive to negative but many were of similar veins.

“Man that girl is kind of a disappointment from the last spear girl. She totes would’ve kicked Aria’s butt.”
“Wooooo take it offffff!!!!”
“My children watch this, how dare they let such trash in!”
”That Angela has some pretty flashy moves don‘t you think?”
”Wow way to brute force a strategic battlefield. What noobs.”
”Whoooooa did you see all that energy? This is gonna be a crazy season.”
“Aria’s cool and all but I wish she was nicer to look at....”
“Aria all the way! Tough girls are love tough girls are life!”
“I hope my daughter grows up to be strong like Aria.”

MYSYAtO.jpg

Angela would be directed to the elevator. As soon as she stepped inside the doors closed and the lights went out. Without her prompting the elevator rose up to the highest level. There was only one doorway leading out that could barely be seen and it was the one that led to the apartment. If she tried to open it she’d find it impossible. Several moments later the blank wall on the other side, the Arena said, would open up.
The other side was just a bright light. Strangely, however, the light didn’t seem to spill into the elevator. Stepping through the light would reveal...

A lavish bedroom. A large chandelier dangled from the surprisingly high roof, and deep purple, thick, curtains blocked out what was supposedly windows. On the far end of the room was a huge four-poster bed with silk drapes around it.
There were more furniture, including a gold inlay wooden desk, a large globe that seemed to be made of precious stones, and a rug with depictions of flying beasts across the floor. All of it came together to give an impression of the kind of wealth that was only available in the 1% of the 1%. Though there was an odd musty smell that sometimes came across Angela’s nose.

Leaning against the desk was Mauvache herself. This was the first time seeing her in person and she had an aura of power and influence even though all she did was lean there watching Angela as she entered. She wasn’t standing her full height but it was clear she was a tall woman, possible six feet in height, and her eyes were even more electrifying in person.

“Young lady.” She spoke in her husky voice. “We need to have a talk about how you plan on representing my Arena.”

MYSYAtO.jpg

As the pair of fighters stood in the Virtual Battlefield room they'd notice arrows indicating they stand across from each other a short distance. They were able to speak to each other for a few moments before a screen appeared in between the two, high in the air. On each side appeared the face of Mauvache.

"Hello fighters and fans to the first battles of the new and improved roster of Mauvache's Arena! Wondrous abilities and mysterious battlefields await you. Remember, fighters, the first to 0 HP loses! Be sure to put on a good show for our lovely viewers now! In this battlefield we have the Lightning Cyber Dragon, Tesability and the Leviathan Dragon Girl Xia!"

Mauvache's screen vanished and a small message appeared in front of both of the fighters. "Do not move while the Virtual Battlefield is created." And then a countdown.

Battlefield: The Solarus Desert

An expanse of sand and sun, the Solarus Desert is cursed to sunlight shining down 24/7. And the heat could be felt even by the fighters as being an intense, but not dangerous at the moment, temperature. Thus there are very few living creatures on the surface and, in fact, beyond some special and extremely sturdy cacti along the edges, the desert itself is barren.
However the battlefield itself is not on the surface. Instead it floated above the sand. It is comprised of five platforms, 10 by 20 feet. The middle platform is 10 feet above the others, which themselves are five feet off the ground, and the others are placed in front, behind, to the left, and the right, of the central platform.

Xia and Tesability would find themselves standing on opposite ends, Xia on the left most platform, and Tesability on the right most. They would be given a short amount of time where they couldn’t move until suddenly they were released and the fight would begin.

[spoiler=OOC]If either Tes or Xia hit the sand, be it by choice or by being forced to it by a hard hit or by a missed tackle or similar, even if just for a moment, message me before continuing. Also the longer the fight goes on the more the heat will affect both sides, especially whichever side has been moving around most.

Rdlv7J2.png

"You're lucky that I'm fine, ya da..." He trailed off, the realization of the whole situation finally hitting him. "HOLY SHIT A TALKING DOG!" He shouted, shock and a bit of excitement in his voice. He had heard of rumors of talking animals back in Britannia. However, he doubted that the dog was from his universe. In fact, now that he thought about it, he had seen this dog before. It was back when they first arrived. He crouched down to meet the dog to as close as eye level as he could. He took a moment to look at the dog before speaking. "You're on of the others, right?" He scratched his chin before chuckling. "Interesting..." Before he could continue, he got a notification on his watch. He got up to read it, a grin stretching across his face as he realized who his opponent was. "Well I'll be damned. Elijah, huh? Sorry pooch, can't stay to talk. Got some ass to kick soon, ya know?" He waved goodbye at Caleb before returning to his original plan of going into the arena. 

~Solarus Desert Battle - Part 1~

As soon as it was allowed, the black dragon spread out her wings, revealing the gold underwings before taking high to the sky...and with her speed of doing so, she almost immediately went snout-first into what felt like an invisible border, leaving it temporarily an accordion. “Wha da…?” Grabbing her snout with a paw, she pulled it forward, straightening it back out to normal. “Ow.”

As the water dragon girl’s body was freed from whatever stasis it was put in, she looked around at her surroundings, wide-eyed. “Whoa. This is a big beach.” She nodded to herself, never having seen this much sand above ground in one place before. After surveying her surroundings, she did not see the other person who was supposed to be here, but did see the platform above her. Thinking that maybe this was all part of some platform hopping game, the girl rubbed her hands together before running to the edge of her platform and jumping off. Hands outstretched, she grabbed the center platforms ledge and managed to easily pull herself up onto it, walking forward and throwing her arms into the air victoriously. “Wooo, I made it!”

Shaking her head from the itchy now in her sniffer, Tesability looked down upon the source, seeing her blue opponent...now, what did the voice say again? Xia?

And wait, what’s this about a ‘dragon’ girl? Tesability narrowed her black eyes at the figure, studying her. “Shee now wook wike a dwagon,” she complained before swooping down, bringing a gust of wind down upon her opponent to try and make her move from her place.

The whiff of magic she caught did not make her like her opponent, not at all…

While standing victoriously on her platform, Xia suddenly felt a sudden burst of wind strike her from behind, passing over her. While she was a tough girl, it came by complete surprise, and thus the girl fell flat on her face onto the platform. Looking up, she saw the small winged creature that was supposedly the cause of the gust, with her eyes lighting up as she realized the title the creature was given before the start of the fight. Bounding back up onto her feet, the girl looked bright and cheery eyed waving to the creature saying, hiiiii there! Are you a dragon too!?” Xia had only ever seen one dragon before, and it was most certainly did not look like that.

Careful not to smack into the invisa-ceiling once again, Tesability flew down slowly, narrowed black eyes on the opponent. “Wai yu stinksh of magicksh?” The dog-sized creature sounded incredibly guarded with the question, even with her childish voice. Xia would still be able to see how her two elongated fangs were actually messing with her ability to speak clearly

As she spoke, the watch on Xia’s wrist translated what was said with both text and speech, so that communication was more possible. “An’ Ai ish a Dwagon NetMonshtew. Da wast NetMonshtew.”

Xia looked somewhat confused as the supposed winged dragon asked her her question. Stink? Of Magic? Xia wasn’t aware that magic had a smell. Was it a good one? She hoped it was. She didn’t want to offend her new found dragon friend. However, she was still not sure why she asked the question, or how to answer it. Wracking her brain for an answer, Xia looked confused as she said, “because uh, I do?” Hopefully that was a good enough answer. However, when the dragon said that she was a dragon and a net monster, whatever that was, Xia’s eyes lit up again. “No way! I thought I was the last dragon. I’ve never seen any others before!” Giddy by this finding, she started bouncing a bit before saying, “oh man, nice to meet you Tesabi-, Tesuh, Te-, Tes!”

As the ‘dragon’ girl spoke, she was trying to use the fact that the area around her was virtual to try to get a better feel of the area. Had she done that first instead of flying up, she would have ‘felt’ the odd barrier in the sky instead of accordioning her snout on it to discover it. However, even with this, she still couldn’t get a read on the ground, which she wasn’t sure if odd yet.

“Yu now dis ish ah battawl, wite?” Flapping her wings at greater speed, the black dragon began to spin a path around the platform at speeds great enough to begin a windstorm before shrinking the size of the windstorm more and more closer towards Xia.

She wanted to see more of her opponent before bringing down any of her thunder.

Seeming to be taken by surprise by the small dragon’s question, Xia then had a look of realization before nodding, “right right, we’re in a battle!” As the small dragon started to fly in a circular path around the platform, while Xia felt the wind, she paid no mind to it and instead just looked at her flying foe with a look of increasing thought. After a while, the girl finally asked, “hey can you come down so I can punch you? I can’t really hit you if you’re flying around like that.”

Her request was ignored, and the whirlwind she was making with her speed was both growing in height and power as well as shrinking around Xia. “Ai nawt dat shtupeedsh.”

Well, that was disappointing. Xia had to think of a different way to beat the small flying dragon, and had to do without punching. While that was pretty much all Xia was good at, there was one other thing she could do. So, standing there, Xia still nodded as the dragon made her comment and saying, “okay,” with an agreeable tone in her voice. After that, she started to clench her fist, with a small amount of magical energy starting to build up on it.

The smell of magic, which didn’t really have a true smell, hit the sniffer, causing her to sneeze once. A tiny bolt of electricity flew out and she narrowed her eyes at the opponent through the gusts of wind. If there was magic, it was time to use her lightning.

The windstorm began to develop bolts of lightning going through it as she surrounded herself with lightning to fill it, arcing throughout the entirety of the winds and dust clouds with a couple leaving the winds and reaching out for Xia. Tesability soon flew out of the windstorm turned electrified tornado and landed on a nearby podium, watching as it continued shrinking in size to hopefully collapse into the other ‘dragon’ as she rested her wings.

While Xia was charging her fist with magic, she noticed that the storm started to have lightning arcing through it. That was definitely new. Looking curiously at it, and briefly stopping her charge, she wondered what was going to come out from the storm until a lightning bolt struck her. Owow,” she said, rubbing her struck shoulder before looking back to the storm, eyes lighting up again. “Man, that’s so cool!” Seeing another bolt arc at her, she pivoted her body to the side, dodging the bolt and saying, “and painful.” Pondering what she could do to stop it, Xia resumed the charge on her fist before noticing that the storm was also slowly closing in on her. With not much more time to gather power, the attack was at half charge at most. Letting out one punch in the direction of the tornado, a cannon shot of magical pressurized water was launched at it, exploding upon connecting with the lightning.

She saw a ball of water manage to shoot itself out the storm, though thankfully not in the direction she was in and tilted her head, wondering if she was dealing with someone that was Ice for a moment. Stretching out her wings once more, she flew up, this time to above the storm, to try to look down to see what was going on.

In spite of her attack, the whirlwind still seemed to be going strong, which caused Xia to stand there and ponder for a bit as to what to do next. As she did, she looked up and saw that her opponent was flying above her, to which she just gave a friendly look and waved to the dragon. She would end up seeing the dragon moving a paw to her snout and shaking her head.

Nothing taken seriously...okay, then.

The storm instantly attempted to collapse into Xia from all angles, releasing what electricity it was generating into the center as she moved away and back to land on her little platform. A brief sigh of air through her nose as the thought of being friendlier towards the opponent, at least in words, came into her head. The girl was trying to be nice and have fun...when was the last time she herself had ‘fun’ in a battle?

Champion NetMonsters like herself were designed to fight, after all…

~Solarus Desert Battle - Part 2~

Xia looked curiously as the smaller dragon shook her head, but didn’t think much of it. What she did think much of, however, was the collapsing storm of lightning all around her. Without much that she was able to do, she just said, “oh this is probably bad.” Bracing herself for the attack, she took it on pretty much in its entirety, letting out an, “oowwwwwww,” once it was finished. Kneeling a bit from the pain, the girl had still managed to stand her ground against the turbulent winds. After getting over the pain, she stood back up and looked back to the smaller dragon, her face oddly beaming. “Man, that was sooo cool. I wish I could do that.”

“Ai whash cweatedsh tu do dish,” Tesability remarked before flying closer, though definitely not in punching range. ”Ish yu weewy ah Dwagon? Yu actsh mow wike a Hooman.” The tone wasn’t insulting, no. It sounded more like the smaller creature was trying to make sense of her opponent in her head, as though things weren’t lining up with what she was used to.

Xia nodded at the question, saying, “well, I was a human. Then I became this. Which is like, half a dragon, I think?” Xia started to ponder more on what exactly she was before quickly shaking it off and saying, “so I’m both!”

Some-f***ing-how, Tesability was managing to fly in one spot while upside down, the answer had confused her that much that instead of tilting just her head, she spun her whole self in the air. “Shay, wha’?” Blinking her solid black eyes at this before righting herself in the air. “Dat no possible! Onwy poshibal tu beesh won Taip!" Flying back a couple of wingbeats, Tesability closed her eyes before reopening them, the white dots that had been used to indicate where she was looking now showing as literal spirals of white. She was still floating above one of the platforms, so a good jump could probably reach her...

“Eh? Does that mean I’m not possible?” Xia started pondering the meaning behind that, wondering if she was some kind of super special being. That would be so cool. As she looked back to the smaller dragon, she noticed something. She then looked back to her hand. Right. Fight. Looking back to the dragon, she made quite the high jump, bringing down her hand in a chopping motion as she did so.

The fact that she felt a shadow over her brought her attention to the here-and-now faster than anything. She should be the only thing in the sky, so clearing her eyes in time to see Xia just beginning her descent as she brought down a chopping motion on her, catching her more on the lower back with it, due to size difference. This brought Tesability down closer to the ground for a bit before she caught herself and moved back up towards one of the lower platforms. “...nowts tu shewfsh, yu cansh hopsh.” That shot caught her right on the rump with that, so she just got a literal, one-hit spanking. “Dash eetsh.” Electricity surrounded the dragon in entirety before she bolted towards Xia, turning into a literal lightning bolt as she did. This girl thought she could share the skies?

Tesability planned on proving who ruled them.

Feeling a wave of triumph go through her as her attack managed to land, Xia felt slightly giddy as she landed back on the ground. As the dragon seemed to be recovering, she was happy to see that her opponent was still raring to go, though as the electricity started to gather around her, Xia wasn’t quite sure what was about to happen. So, instead of trying to react to the unknown, she simply put up her arms to guard as the smaller dragon bolted at her.

The top of Tesability’s head, though she took the form of a lightning bolt, connected with Xia. Sure, the little dragon saw stars, but she had taken far worse and the girl was also now in the air as well by quite the distance...possibly even going off the platform with this level of impact and speed. The impact was also surrounded by shockwaves that sent the sand below rippling multiple times...one of the other platforms even moved a tiny bit to the perceptive eye.

Taking the attack head on, and straight into her arms, Xia felt a large and sudden impact strike into her. Her arms were pushed back further into her as she was taken off her feet by the attack, and sent clean off the platform. Noticing that she was suddenly in the air, Xia couldn’t but look around in wonder, as she landed near the edge of the platform behind her, skidding a bit and with one foot briefly slipping off of it. Despite being surprised, with a good force of will, the girl had managed to keep herself from falling off entirely and put her foot back onto the platform, shaking her arms as the pain from the attack had set it. When Xia looked back, she would see Tesability having landed where she once was, the electricity faded away and looking normal again. 

While she looked at the dragon, she couldn’t help but feel like she was being taunted in some way, but the feeling didn’t really set in further than that. Instead, despite the pain she had just felt, she still looked rather joyful saying, “man, the people here are sooo strong. Awesome!” Stepping forward and further from the edge, Xia began to collect magical energy across her fist again.

Another sneeze exited her nose, releasing yet another tiny lightning bolt. “...mow magicksh,” she grumbled under her breath. Instead of flying up, however, she started backpawing, giving her wings a chance to rest in this heat as she watched her foe’s actions…

...well, at least it was starting to feel hot to her…

Having been stationary for most of the fight while the arena was hot, because it was a desert, Xia didn’t feel any difference in it then when she had started. Instead, she continued to charge the magical energy in her fist as she walked forward. As she got near to the opposite edge of her platform, she figured it wouldn’t be a good idea to just recklessly jump up onto the platform, and simply stayed where she was continuing her charge.

Tesability shook her head, her throat feeling dry as she breathed in. She felt the attacks of Fire NetMonsters before, but this felt on a different level than them, a different kind of heat. Bending a wing, she tried seeing if fanning herself, or at least her head, would work. It helped a little, but it was nowhere near what she needed to get comfortable again. “...eet hawtsh,” she managed in a whine.

As Xia had finished her charge on her fist, she nodded and looked to her opponent who seemed to be staying put, though, didn’t look like they were paying attention. Xia wasn’t quite sure what was going on, but now was as good a time as any to get leaping. And so, running to the edge of her platform, she jumped off and went to pull herself back up onto the center platform again.

Tesability felt something through the pads on her paws, a ‘thud’. Lifting her head, she saw Xia pulling herself up onto the center ledge. And so, claws out, she kicked up and flew forwards before landing on Xia’s hands and arms with claws that were starting to spark.

As she stood back up on the center platform, Xia saw the smaller dragon bring out its claws and leap towards the water dragon girl. Seeing the sudden leap, Xia could only really bring up one of her arms to block the dragon, but it did little as the sparking claws latched onto it. Feeling a sharp pain go through her arm, Xia winced a bit at it. However, looking at the dragon she realized something and said, “hey thanks.” With that, she swung the arm the dragon was latched onto as she also brought her body towards the platform.

“Sumfin won’ wiff gwound,” she responded after the ‘thanks’. "Nu wan--OOF!” Next thing she knew, an arm connected with her snout, turning it into an accordion for the second time this match in addition to launching her back a little. ”Meeniesh!” Pulling her nose forward again to straighten it back out after regaining herself in the air, she glared at Xia and let loose with a roar...which sounded a little too cute to be taken seriously. Yeah, she was hot, but she was a few levels of mad right now. Claws electrifying once more, she zipped forwards towards Xia. This time, only her forepaws were leaving trails of electricity as she swiped forward with one of them. Xia’s watch announced a name at the would-be impact.

Stinging Saber.

What the NetMonster just did was a named attack.

~Solarus Desert Battle - Part 3~

After using her pseudo-suplex against the smaller dragon, Xia bounced back up onto her feet. As she did, she heard the dragon call her a meanie, and a hurt expression crossed her face. Her? A meanie? Xia started to wonder what it was that she did to be labeled as such, but it was obviously bothering her. Thinking that since this was a fight, the solution would come to her if she kept fighting. So, as the lightning dragon went to strike at her with a lightning claw, rather than dodge or guard against it, Xia went to intercept it. Striking with the fully charged water cannon, combining it with her punch, Xia went to meet the named attack head on.

Both sides had their own form of instant regret from that. Tesability’s came from the physical impact of the attack, the punch beginning to break things in her paw as it pushed back against her. In Xia’s case, however, the regret came in a more elemental form, especially since water conducts electricity...and there was a lot of electricity compressed in that strike. Tesability flew back and landed on the same platform, not putting any weight into her left forepaw now. “Owowowowow…”

With the collision of the two attacks, because Xia had more physical force behind her attack, her punch had managed to follow through completely. However, a large jolt of electricity had arced across her body, sending pain through her and making her say, “ow,” herself. Rebalancing herself, the half-dragon girl ran towards the smaller dragon, jumping and bringing her fist down to where the NetMonster was.

Even with a paw out of commission, Tesability wasn’t willing to take a round 2 of that, jumping to the side to avoid the punch before spinning in the air and aiming a smack to the face with her tail. Upon the swing, Xia’s watch announced another name.

Tremendous Blow.

With the opponent dodging out of the way, Xia looked to the side to them coming in and bringing their tail towards them to attack. Unable to move out of the way, Xia took the attack head on, her head being jerked to the side and her body twisting along with it. Not wanting to be outdone, as Xia’s body was twisting, she brought her own tail up and attempted to smack down the dragon with it.

Tesability got a tail smack on the opponent and wound up receiving one in kind, launching her into the air after it impacted her side. The heat was causing her focus to break on regaining controlled flight, and finally managed it a foot above the ground, the instinctive feeling of ‘STAY AWAY’ crawling up her back as she came closer to the sand. Flying up, she landed on a different platform before looking back down, tail closer to Xia than head. “...gwound diff badsh.”

Righting, herself, Xia saw her opponent idling by a ledge on a different platform, and decided to keep the initiative. Jumping off the edge of the platform again, she landed on the one where the other dragon was and ran towards her. When in range, the girl went to send one punch straight downward at them.

To Xia’s surprise, what she hit with that force, which should have connected with the area on the little dragon’s back between the wings, was air. Mainly because Tesability purposely fell forward over the platform to dodge the attack. Tesability was now flying underneath the platform, finding that it was cooler in the darker spot than above. The problem was she couldn’t land and rest her wings while under here.

Her momentum not being transferred to anything, the half-dragon found herself off balance, and felt herself about to fall. Trying to stop herself from going off the edge, she threw her legs backward, so as to land the majority of her body on the platform, with her head hanging off the edge. Moving her head downward, she saw underneath the platform, to where her opponent was and with a friendly look she said, hiiii.”

“...um, hai.” Not feeling like she was in danger, however, she continued flapping her wings, throwing a couple harder wingbeats towards Xia...which felt actually cool and not painful. It’s almost as if she wasn’t trying to lay down hurt that time. Eet cewl hewe,” she remarked.

As the cool air hit Xia’s face, she started to realize how much hotter the area around her was. As such, when the dragon remarked about it being cooler down there, it got Xia curious. Pulling her head up, she rolled over to her back and then rolled backward. Grabbing the edge as her legs went over, the girl moved them underneath and said, “oh hey it is.”

Suddenly, Tesability felt something...off...about the entire area around her, as if something was actually changing. “Wha da...?” Flying up to try to get a read on the area, she suddenly felt a point where, no matter how hard she flapped, she wasn’t moving up. From estimates, it was about 10 feet above the middle platform, which wasn’t close to the invisa-ceiling she smacked into earlier. “What en da Void?! Why Ai nu fwy?!” Looking down, black eyes went wide as two of the platforms in the place started fading in and out before finally fading completely from view. She went down to fly to where they were...but it’s like they were gone completely.

The strange thing was that she smelled no magic from this, either...so what in the...?

As her opponent left the underside, Xia looked confused for a moment before saying, “oh I guess back to fighting.” Bringing herself back up onto the platform. She looked around, surprised to see that two of the platforms had disappeared. Seeing that her opponent was flying low Xia wondered what was going on, but didn’t question it further. Instead, she simply began charging her the water magic into her fist again.

Tesability landed on a different platform, trying to get a better feel of the changes of the area. One thing that didn’t seem to change was the feeling that the ground was bad to touch still. She wasn’t sure why, but she didn’t want to find out. And unlike in the battles she was used to, there was no timer to indicate when the match should stop...which meant that either one side had to go down or surrender before this would end.

Gulp.

Catching the whiff of magic growing once more, she looked up to see Xia trying that same ‘water punch’ trick again. Shaking her head again, she lowered her head to level it towards Xia before lightning-bolt flying forward towards the half-dragon.

Unlike the last time she did this, however, Xia’s watch announced a name.

Stinging Saber

She was using the same move in a far different way, and behind her was a solid trail of electricity that didn’t disappear immediately...more like several seconds to fade away from the air.

Tesability wanted to end this. Now.

Bringing herself to the center of the platform, the girl looked to see the other dragon getting ready to charge her. Not being taken by surprise by it this time, stood at the ready, stopping her charge. With only being at half charge, it wouldn’t have quite the same impact as it did before, but it would be good enough. As Tes charged at Xia, the girl had met the charge head on, colliding her fist with the small dragon’s skull. The two forces impacting together caused a large shockwave to be sent out from the epicenter. Xia had held her ground, though her fist had felt as though it was slightly pushed back. Surprised by the display of force, Xia could only smile as she realized this place was definitely the best. Following up her strike, she brought her opposite hand, throwing a hook punch at the airborne dragon.

While she hadn’t taken much from the head-to-fist collision, even as the water magnified the electricity she was making with her Saber, she felt another impact to the side...and it was a critical strike.

The hook hit a wing joint, and the NetMonster was sent flying over the edge, this time unable to fly and catch herself. She found herself falling closer and closer towards the sand below, and no matter how much she tried, she couldn’t make her left wing move. She collided with the sand, a resounding thud being heard from the impact. “...owie,” she griped before getting up on her three good paws, shaking off the sand from everywhere.

Then she felt it.

There was something underneath the sand.

~Solarus Desert Battle - Finale~

Under her paws, something bursted through the sand, something she was able to register in her head as a very-large Fish NetMonster, but it was white despite being in the sand...like an Earth NetMonster…

Gulp.

It managed to get its large maw around her left backleg, chomping hard before trying to take her under the sand with it, but she managed to wiggle free. The slashes on her leg, however...Instead of bleeding with any form of liquid, she seemed to literally bleed miniscule 1s and 0s clumped together like a liquid. Looking up towards the platform, she tried flapping her wing, but it was still locked in place from the hook taken earlier. Was she stuck?!

Xia looked down, seeing the massive shark creature emerge from the surface and chomped down on the little dragon. She had never seen a shark that lived under the sand before. This place really was great. However, she was confused as to why her opponent wasn’t flying back up to the platform. She seemed to be flapping her wing, only one of them, but the dragon just didn’t seem to move at all. Seeing that it was a great time to go and fight the dragon head to head, Xia jumped off the platform and bringing down her fist towards the dragon as she went. When she landed, another shark would burst out from the ground, chomping down on Xia’s tail, only for the dragon girl to wince in pain and thrash her tail a bit to throw the creature off. 

Turning towards Xia and seeing her also get chomped, though it was more on the tail than the leg like she was, Tesability hobbled on her two right legs, gingerly placing weight on her left backleg only as needed and keeping her left forepaw in the air near her chest, she shouts ”Ish yu shtupidsh?” before trying to headbutt the dragon girl again. However, there was nowhere near as much speed behind the headbutt as the last attempts, which meant that the attempt could be easily pushed to the side.

After landing on the sand, the girl heard the dragon’s question and said, “I’ve been told to say that I’m 'mentally ready to learn' to that!” As the smaller dragon went to headbutt her, the attack was much slower and with far less impact than before, and thus Xia was able to read it pretty easily. Knowing that punching a creature of that size on the ground would be really awkward, Xia elected to kick instead, bringing her foot to meet the creature’s skull. When the attack had connected, the lightning dragon was knocked away and tossed across the sand.

Tesability landed on her left side...and she found that she couldn’t get back up. Attempting to roll onto her other side kept failing in the sand, and she felt the vibrations below. Her eyes widened after recognized the vibrations. She scrambled to try to get back up onto her paws, but the first shark re-emerged underneath her, the maw biting at her middle and shaking back and forth in its grip before sending her flying and diving into the sand.

In the air, she realized one thing. She could feel her wing again. In the air, she tried to flap both, and managed to keep aloft to keep weight off her legs. From what she saw, those sharks could still hit her from this point, however. She felt for the edges of the arena again, noticing that the barrier had shifted again. She suspected that unless Xia also got up, neither of them would be allowed to use the platforms again.

“...gwabs awn,” she said toward Xia after flying over to her and looking up towards the platforms. She had an idea, but she wasn’t sure if she could do it. Only one way to find out, though!

Xia looked slightly sorry to see the littler dragon getting eaten up. However, as the dragon was launched into the air and managed to get themselves back up, a shark seemed to try and sneak up on Xia. Being able to see it coming this time, Xia punched the shark’s snout as it came out from the sand, causing it to recoil back into the sand. As the dragon came over to her, seeming to try and airlift her onto the platform, Xia looked confused as they weren’t even eye level with her. However, they seemed to be trying something, and so Xia had decided to let them give it their best anyway. As such, the half-dragon grabbed onto the lightning dragon’s leg.

Tesability flapped furiously, the weight of the halfling dragon making it difficult to take flight. Her wingflaps were stirring up the sands around her, even momentarily revealing a shark that was lurking and made itself scarce after such. However, no matter how much she flapped her wings...Xia’s heavy-to-her form wasn’t budging. “...yu hevies.”

Xia nodded proudly at this fact, saying, “it means I grew up big and strong. But uh.” Not really going anywhere, Xia had decided to take matters into her own hands, and simply walked over to the platform, dragging the dragon along with her and netting an ‘eep!’ out of her. She then just plopped her onto the platform, before getting back on herself. Walking away from the dragon, to the opposite end of the platform, she looked to her cracking her knuckles and said, “alright, let’s finish this!”

Using her wings to help her get up by using them as secondary limbs, Tesability managed to get up onto her good paws, letting loose another...admittedly too cute of an attempt at a roar in response. She wasn’t going to be the one that swings first this time, though.

Walking over to the dragon, Xia let out a roar of her own, that was much more menacing then one would expect from the friendly faced half-dragon. As she got close enough to Tes, she quickly sped up and attempting what she had last time, went to punt the lightning dragon. Tesability jumped and flew up and towards Xia’s face upon the attempt of the punt with a headbutt in the span of less than a second, trying to even out the amount of damage that separated the pair. “Nu keeks!”

With being on one foot and the skull colliding with Xia’s forehead, the girl began to fall onto her back. As she did however, she brought both of her hands up to smack both of them into the dragon’s side.An ‘eep!’ escaping the Net Monster as she went flying, she caught herself in the air...and began to become surrounded once more by electricity. The black dragon zipped forward, but as she got closer, the electrical glow around her seemed focused on three points, the top of her head that was leveled to connect to Xia, her right forepaw and her tail.

Stinging Saber

Stinging Saber

Stinging Saber plus Tremendous Blow

Attempting to pick herself back up, Xia only managed to get into a kneel before the onslaught began. With first the head coming, Xia couldn’t do much but put up an arm to block it. Feeling the brunt of the force and lightning flow through her, she then shifted that hand to intercept the paw, swatting it but not completely neutralizing it. With the final attack coming, while Xia would’ve liked to instead meet the attack head on, she aimed for a different area. With the arm she hadn’t used yet, she let loose an uppercut, aiming not for the tail, but the torso of the dragon.

The last attack from the NetMonster didn’t connect, instead being forced up from the impact of the punch and sent flying once more. Upon landing, spirals appeared in her eyes as if she was knocked out. ”Nu wanna sheesh Doks Bu…” she ended up whining in her KOed state.

KSFwT9w.jpg

The environment would fade away and they would be left standing where they had been originally upon entering the blue room.

The screen from before, which had shown Mauvache’s face, now had their HP totals.

Xia: 100

Tesability: 0

Winner: Xia, due to HP

The pair would receive messages notifying them that they had gained points. Xia 60 and Tesability 10.

ztHNuPq.png?1

Upon her exit out of the virtual arena, Xia shook herself a bit and stretched out her body. Upon seeing the notification of her victory she started to jump and up and down, quite giddy at the notification. "Yay, I won, I won!" While most fights Xia had been in were generally one sided in her favor, this had been the first time in quite some time that she had fought a foe on such even ground. While she generally enjoyed winning, this win just made her all the giddier. Looking over to see her opponent, she waved as she bounded over to the Net Monster. "Hey there Tes. That fight was loads of fun! You're really strong you know that, and you can fly which is like, super cool." Xia had remembered from her days of fighting other people, it was always good to leave show good "Sport's Man Ship." She never didn't really understand the term, but she knew it usually meant a handshake after the fight was over. And so, she extended out a hand saying, "good match." She then realized that her opponent didn't actually have hands, and felt slightly awkward.

Once the Virtual Battlefield faded, Tesability's awareness came back in full, leaving her to wonder where all the sand went. She gingerly tried to stand up on her paws...then quickly discovered that she wasn't feeling any pain.

A dull headache, sure, but no pain otherwise.

Looking down on her leg after remembering it being all sorts of clawed up, she saw that there was no more marks on her leg nor anything leaking out of her.

"Wha' da...?"

"Hey there Tes. That fight was loads of fun!" Pointing snout towards Xia after hearing this, Xia continued. "You're really strong you know that, and you can fly which is like, super cool."

She seemed to reach out with with palm up before saying, "good match." This caused Tesability to tilt her head slightly to one side in confusion as well as blink blankly a few times. She had no idea what was being done right now.

"...wha'chu dueen?" She asked before lifting her previously-broken paw, which looked like it was returned to normal. "An' wha happeensh? Dish bwok ah few ahgo."

Not long after her question was asked did her stomach grumble, causing her to pin her ears against her head. "Eeteen shtiwl weiwdsh."

Archived