Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Locke & Load: A Nuzlocke Blog Starring Yui

144 replies to this topic

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts
    Last Visit 12 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

fBm03Ba.png

OP: Smooth McGroove feat. Dookieshed - Try to Catch a Few

Let's face it, Pokémon has been a big deal for over twenty years. Ever since the beginning, it's been something unlike anything before it: An adventure game where instead of just killing the enemy monsters, you capture them and make them fight for you. Game Freak had a winning formula with the initial releases of Pokémon Red/Blue/Green, and in the decades since, the series has only gotten better. With over 800 different Pokémon to fill the dex with, eight distinctly different regions spread out over the seven generations of games, and myriads of trainers to face off against - be they NPCs or fellow players - Pokémon has always been and to this day still is going strong.

That said, not everyone is content with the difficulty level the games present. Some players, striving for a greater challenge, artificially raise the difficulty by placing special restrictions upon themselves. Some players go through their game only using Pokémon of a single type. Others might not allow themselves to leave an area until they catch every available Pokémon that can be found there. But bar none, the most common form of artificially raising Pokémon's difficulty is through the nuzlocke challenge. This blog is all about doing nuzlockes.

But what IS a nuzlocke?

Table of Contents

mzcihZ4.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Jevil

Jevil

I cAn Do AnYtHiNg~!

• Moderators

• 47,745 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

no you fuckers stop my moonlocke fic isn't off the ground yet ;;

Also, go into BW1 expecting... okay gameplay with bad refinement and "Eh" diversity.

It nailed story, BW2 nailed gameplay.

You are an insane person and very creative.

MarsBlack.gif

GarlandChaos

GarlandChaos

Alpha Raptor

• Elite Members
  • 1,552 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Garland#5464
  • Alias:Garland? Garland? GARLAND!
  • Spouse:Woloa, Buster Blader

Oh this'll be fun.

Also, bit of a heads-up: While I LOVE Gen 5 and a lot of the things it did (S T U R D Y B U F F <3), BW1...lack a lot of polish that the sequels(my favorite Pokemon games fyi) had. i.e. Less Pokemon variety(in terms of the main story anyway), kinda rough and rigid battle texturing, and a pretty unbalanced post-game. Just to name a few.

It does have its moments though. For example, I like the multiple rivals shtick it took from R/S/E and expanded upon.

Overall, expect a kinda meh early game, pretty interesting mid-late game, and decent post-game.

Best of luck soldier. o7

Posted Image

Thanks, Sakura!

banlists~

True Story in my life, as told by Armz

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

BGM

The Pokémon Black nuzlocke begins now! I'll be tracking my progress on a gym by gym basis, and providing plenty of pictures along the way. So expect these posts to look longer than they actually are ^_^;

But I digress. Let's get right into it.

Pokémon Black Part 1: Humble Origins

mzcihZ4.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

The Hunter and Hunted

The Hunter and Hunted

It JuSt WoRkS

• Elite Members
  • 1,816 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 04:39 PM
  • Alias:Saiku

Nice, nice. This condensed version is probably better than my own, but daaaaaaang. The fire starter was no problem but the water was? Lol.

Posted Image

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

Nice, nice. This condensed version is probably better than my own, but daaaaaaang. The fire starter was no problem but the water was? Lol.

To be honest I kinda like your style of commentary more than mine. It feels more organic, almost like I'm actually reading a Let's Play instead of just "this this and this happened and I did a thing here blah-beh-di-blah". My initial plan was actually to go about it the same way as you did, but now that you're doing it I don't want to look like I'm stealing your thunder plus it'd be harder on No$GBA than on DesmuMe which I'm assuming is what you're using.

mzcihZ4.gif

stuff I've won

Lewyn

Lewyn

I am nothing but a feckless minstrel.

• Elite Members
  • 2,456 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 03:38 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

Didn't realize you'd made your own nuzlocke blog, oops. You guys are making me wanna renew my own nuzlocke blog now. xD

Pretty cool. The Yan thing made me last, though she didn't last long, rip. Bork is funny though. Wonder if it's from the Swedish Chef, which is kind of funny, considering the chef Gym Leaders use Lillipup.

Snivy is also best Unova starter, hands down. Though I do like all three evolved starters, tbh.

wp4jlAY.png

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

BGM

This update is gonna be shorter than the one before it for reasons. Also, went ahead and officially edited an OP theme into the OP (it's been there the whole time as a hyperlink through the image, but now it's more obviously there). Now, after my success in Striaton City or whatever its name was, I thought this nuzlocke would go splendidly well. I may have been slightly mistaken, but enough about that. Let's get right into it.

Pokémon Black Part 2: Taking Names

mzcihZ4.gif

stuff I've won

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

Didn't realize you'd made your own nuzlocke blog, oops. You guys are making me wanna renew my own nuzlocke blog now. xD

Pretty cool. The Yan thing made me last, though she didn't last long, rip. Bork is funny though. Wonder if it's from the Swedish Chef, which is kind of funny, considering the chef Gym Leaders use Lillipup.

Snivy is also best Unova starter, hands down. Though I do like all three evolved starters, tbh.

Also no, didn't name her Bork for the Swedish Chef, though it is a happy coincidence. I did it for the same reason I gave Dog, Harambe, and #Powr2birb their names. For the memes.

DLzgGYN.jpg

EDIT: Why the fuck is this a second post. Fucking hell the one time I go "it'll be fine YCM just tacks this shit onto the tail of your last post" it doesn't =.=

mzcihZ4.gif

stuff I've won

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,456 posts

Man that's a lot of deaths sheesh. O.o

But yeah that whole area, especially with Blitzle is pretty dangerous. This is usually when I start to grind too, so that's good on you to do that.

lol I see memes. And yeah YCM doesn't make sense sometimes...I've waited a half hour and it still tacks the reply on to the last post as an edit.

wp4jlAY.png

GarlandChaos

GarlandChaos

Alpha Raptor

• Elite Members
  • 1,552 posts
    Last Visit

RIP to all the dead Pokies. o7

>Timburr named Guts

DEAR GOD YUI PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A REFERENCE TO BERSERK AND NOT JUST ONE OF ITS POTENTIAL ABILITIES.

• Yui likes this
Posted Image

Thanks, Sakura!

banlists~

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

BGM

I'll let this one speak for itself.

Pokémon Black Part 3: Welp...

mzcihZ4.gif

stuff I've won

Alaina

Alaina

「Number 1」

• Mekakushi
  • 1,227 posts
    Last Visit 9 minutes ago
  • Alias:Skaia

>Going to Randomizer 

>"Not lose to random bullshit" 

Oh you poor misguided fool. 

Anyway, sucks that the run was basically killed this early, but wishing you the luck on your next run through. 

Skyheart.gif

RP Awards

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,456 posts

rip Yui. Hopefully the next one goes better.

wp4jlAY.png

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

BGM

Alright chums, time's up. Let's do this. LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY...

Pokémon Black Part 4: They See Me (Re-)Rollin

mzcihZ4.gif

stuff I've won

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,456 posts

omg this is great. Victini. Hopefully this means you will actually beat this nuzlocke, since you have the god of victory on your side. Too bad about the Larvesta though.

wp4jlAY.png

GarlandChaos

GarlandChaos

Alpha Raptor

• Elite Members
  • 1,552 posts
    Last Visit

>run ended

:(

>restarts as randomizer

:D

Holy shit that Victini starter tho. gg no re.

also rip larvesta and all the mons that got left behind in the old run (especially Guts the Timburr). o7

Also also, it's been a while since I Zelda'd, so what was that Ocarina song you played after Randomizer attempt 0.1 ended?

Posted Image

Thanks, Sakura!

banlists~

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,724 posts

BGM

Also also, it's been a while since I Zelda'd, so what was that Ocarina song you played after Randomizer attempt 0.1 ended?

Song of Time you non-remembering pleb. Setting that aside, I wanted to try for more of a live type of thing with this since seemingly everyone else is doing it and their stuff is probably a lot more fun to read than mine. So let's see how this works out.

Pokémon Black Part 5: Live from Striaton City

mzcihZ4.gif

stuff I've won

GarlandChaos

GarlandChaos

Alpha Raptor

• Elite Members
  • 1,552 posts
    Last Visit

Song of Time you non-remembering pleb.

That's what I thought it was at first, but fsr I thought it ended with different notes.

Also lul @ Tyranitar after Doodfish. Hades gifs are fitting indeed. <3

Posted Image

Thanks, Sakura!

banlists~

Lewyn

Lewyn

• Elite Members
  • 2,456 posts