Photo

Locke & Load: A Nuzlocke Blog Starring Yui

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

145 replies to this topic

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,602 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:50 PM

I have not regretted my decision to have you play this...I'm loving every second of this. This...this is just too hilarious. I can't wait for Episode 2! :3

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I finally found the perfect gif for your Nuzlockes, Yui. I now present it to you.

M0xoPz6.gif

8PBUpdp.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Yui

I didn't want to leave on an empty save so I'm doing the next episode early. Also, I figured out how to set the emulator to be green like some gameboy models. So that's pretty neat! Feels way more nostalgic than the boring grayscale.

Pokemon Red Randomlocke Part 2: The One-Ball Wonder

Posted Image

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

And now we begin a new experience. Touhou Puppet Dance Performance: Shard of Dreams. Yes, that name is way too long. It wouldn't be a Touhou fangame otherwise. Now keep in mind I'm doing this completely blind. I've looked into the differences between this and typical Pokémon, but didn't actually look into anything else. The differences boil down to the following:

• IVs are displayed as ranks, ranging from C to S+ represented with letter scores
  • EVs, Abilities, and more, can be changed on the fly with PP. I don't know how to get this, but it involves battles, possibly on a per-puppet basis.
  • No HMs. We get key items instead that do what HMs would. Bless.
  • Capturing is different. You have to use a seal thread (I don't know how to do this; I'm sure it will be explained in-game) then KO whatever you're trying to catch. It's gonna be weird, but the "first encounter only" rule will still apply. This is a nuzlocke after all.
  • All the types are different. I don't know what they are, as I didn't look into the type table.

I'll be referring to this as simply "Touhou PDP" in spoiler titles and the like because that name is way too damn long. It's also worth noting that this nuzlocke will be completely blind. I don't know what's coming, or even the plot of the game. I also stumbled upon a randomizer client for this (since it's its own game and not a rom, so my randomizer tool won't work), but will be opting out of that this time. So with all that out of the way, let's rock and roll. For the sake of the vast majority of readers that aren't into 2hu, I'll be providing wiki links whenever I first mention a character's name. If you feel like doing some research.

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 1: Lots of Words

Posted Image

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit

Just coming by to say I really like this art

8PBUpdp.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

I simply got too excited thinking about what could happen next. Let's continue! But first, a quick explanation on stats and attacks.

You might have noticed in the team recap at the end of the last episode that Spark has "FAtk/Def" and "SAtk/Def". You also might have noticed that Yin Energy and Yang Energy are different colors on their names. Here's how it works, based on what I've observed. Attacks with red names are "focus attacks" and attacks with blue names are "spread attacks". the F-stats and S-stats are used to calculate damage for those. It's basically like physical/special moves, but with a slightly different appearance.

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 2: Short & Sweet

Posted Image

stuff I've won

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

Picking up where we left off last night with a big enough episode to make up for how short the last one was. And it only took me seven hours to do everything for it :')

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 3: Gotta Catch 'Em All

Posted Image

stuff I've won

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

Last time I wrapped up the episode with a helpful type chart. This time I'm going to start it with a helpful rundown on the different status effects in this game. Also, remember when I said that Yoshika was probably Nether-type? I was wrong. She's mono-Poison. My bad. You can tell a Puppet's type in the status screen by the background behind them; they correlate roughly to the colors on the type chart. Might be worth noting that Marisa is Electric/Light instead of mono-Electric, since the colors for those are pretty similar.

Anyway.

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 4: It Begins

Posted Image

stuff I've won

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit

wtf man how could you

8PBUpdp.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

wtf man how could you

In my defense, there was really no way to tell Sukuna was a steel-type.

Posted Image

stuff I've won

Reptilious

Reptilious

Rainbow/Neos

• Rainbow Road
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
    Last Visit Feb 16 2019 03:01 PM
  • Spouse:ur mom

thread theme

Signature

o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,329 posts
    Last Visit May 30 2019 02:03 AM
  • Alias:Nai

Ouch man, that is painful.

Posted Image

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 5: Throwback

Posted Image

stuff I've won

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit

Raiko is, for me, your most iconic avatar so this is fine by me.

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

Raiko is, for me, your most iconic avatar so this is fine by me.

Is that so? :o

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 6: Squad Goals

Posted Image

stuff I've won

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit

I'm rooting for Eggplant

8PBUpdp.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

I'm rooting for Eggplant

Dude me too. She's like, actually surprisingly beefy, and having Warning Shot only makes her all the tankier against spread attackers. If - sticking with the theme of me getting old friends back - Guts rejoins the team too, I'll have a pretty tanky squad coming together. That and Kogasa is one of my favorite 2hus.

Posted Image

stuff I've won

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

crickety crook, gimme the book

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 7: Booked

Posted Image

stuff I've won

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,737 posts
    Last Visit

We're done with mini-episodes now that we're making new progress again.

Touhou PDP Nuzlocke Part 8: The Spooky Forest

Posted Image

stuff I've won

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit

Ayyy, Alice.

Also use Wriggle.

8PBUpdp.gif

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users