Help about posting mutiple cards!

johnpham01

Question

While posting, using the Image button and copy/past the card image link/url there, i try to post 4 cards, this apeared

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

help pls? im new, but i have some realistc tgc cards i want to post. so?

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------

1 answer to this question

You need to make sure that the URL ends with a valid filename extension; in this case, .jpg / .jpeg / .png / .gif. If you are copy/pasting directly from the cardmaker ("get image location"), you will get a long URL that lists parameters but not end with the extension.

===

JAYSUMQ.gif

http://i.imgur.com/JAYSUMQ.gif

(Using one of my GFX tags, but notice that the URL ends with one of those file extensions)

===

Now, I would say to left-click the card and it will generate the correct code you need to paste onto a post, but the uploader has been broken since March 2016. As such, you'll either have to do two things.

• Open up Imgur in another tab (or whatever image host you prefer), paste that long URL you get into the upload box.
  • Save card to your desktop, and upload your stuff manually.

By this point, your cards should be uploaded with a URL that does end in a valid extension. If you are not already given the URL preformatted for forum posting, you'll need to get the image location and place it between the IMG brackets yourself (or click the picture button to get the input box).

Archived