Remember Remember

Are you kidding me?

I actively tell the mod team who I feel misuses the report system, and I try to dissuade them from falling for every one of those reports. All but maybe 2-3 of these reports (like 2-3 reports, not members) are about you. I'm probably the person who defends you most in the mod forum, aside from Evilfusion, yet you constantly give me sheet, and act like I'm out to get you. Go ahead, ask.

Many members of the team wanted to ban you for making a PUSSY GRABBING joke in regards to the YCM Election. Half of them didn't even understand it was a Trump joke.

Or when a member PMs us telling us they STALKED YOU to find dirt on you, and some of the team takes it seriously.

We move at a glacial pace because of certain moderators going "rogue" in the past, which renders the rest of us funked over and having to have a powwow to make even the smallest warnings.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm clearly talking about Roxas...with regards to general Black. You gave me a warning. I threw a fit. I deserved the 5 WP. The whole dick comment was a critique of the unclear standards with regards to the banned sexual content rules. Not an attack on you

This is what happens when you're vague.

Does it now? When hina or pol go on a rampage. The other two of us stay back instead of joining the blitz. Also, care to go on record and affirm that the report abuse cuts both ways?

Not referring to the report abuse. And I mean, he barely ever mentioned Hina and generally talks about both the mob mentality surrounding the supposed far left of the site, and the other side that are similarly full of issues of their own, both ending up making the site even more of a shithole than it already was before.

Does it now? When hina or pol go on a rampage. The other two of us stay back instead of joining the blitz.

If this is about my being reported often, it's true that it happens at the drop of a hat compared to others (we can intuit it's a small cult of people though).

Otherwise, I don't know what the hell rampages you're talking about. I can start being pugnacious if you want.

It's also completely reasonable for the mod team to act slowly, given that they lack leadership and group voting is fraught with cycling issues. It's pretty basic public choice theory, actually. Take it easy on them, their job is difficult and they're trying to do the right thing, they just disagree about what that is. What they really need is someone like Cardozo or Posner to break their loops.

This is what happens when you're vague.

Yes, but I've never know black to get triggered about debates and get personally agitated enough to drop objectivity. The mod supervison on the trans and pc topics is abysmal. Roxas actually admitted to coming down to the level of a bully (his words not mine) cause he felt all touchy about the matter.

But clearly I should have been more clear

It's also completely reasonable for the mod team to act slowly, given that they lack leadership and group voting is fraught with cycling issues. It's pretty basic public choice theory, actually. Take it easy on them, their job is difficult and they're trying to do the right thing, they just disagree about what that is. What they really need is someone like Cardozo or Posner to break their loops.

Glacial is in regards to slow reforms. Sakura has mentioned how long it takes any proposal to get out of committee.

Complaints:

1) reforms are slow

2) standards are unclear

3) certain mod (s) are dropping objectivity faster then Dae drops hoes

Fix?

Regular updates of how things are progressing in Mod Forum. Just tell us what's happening instead of keeping us in the dark.

Like keep a log topic. Black/Sakura can update with changes. Like high profile bans/suspensions. And mod progress on user requested issues. Oversight and transparency is the key

Roxas actually admitted to coming down to the level of a bully (his words not mine) cause he felt all touchy about the matter.

This is what he said:

If you mean that I'm bullying Winter, sure, I'll admit to that.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356168-transgender-serious/?p=6956175

That said, at least he was honest and later apologized.

He also speaks for himself even when it contradicts all the rest of the mod team (in particular, the matter of whether flaming is actually against the rules), which I have a lot of respect for given how many of them seem so sheep-like. I also don't think he was wrong to respond to Enguin's very earnest-looking report about Raeg's "kys". 

Vla1ne

Polaris

Brightflame

Come to mind. Dad was a godly pick. It's clearly do-able

Hina too tbh

vla1ne and Aerion openly refused the position, remember? That's also part of why it's such a pain to elect mods.

Given a chance you would see people you would never expect to do well do well. There are more eligible candidates than this makes it seem you see.

Which is quite a significant gamble to take in a position like this. The "maybe" zone for candidates are really spacious and filled with people, but with how electing mods are usually based on daily interaction, personal accounts, and observation, at times we really don't get to work with enough ground to do what you said in a manner that isn't completely shooting in the dark.

Those words are pretty much empty regarding what's attainable right now. We can make one of those mod application thing again but it effectively takes 3 months or more to complete so the process is still glacial.

vla1ne and Aerion openly refused the position, remember? That's also part of why it's such a pain to elect mods.

Which is quite a significant gamble to take in a position like this. The "maybe" zone for candidates are really spacious and filled with people, but with how electing mods are usually based on daily interaction, personal accounts, and observation, at times we really don't get to work with enough ground to do what you said in a manner that isn't completely shooting in the dark.

Those words are pretty much empty regarding what's attainable right now. We can make one of those mod application thing again but it effectively takes 3 months or more to complete so the process is still glacial.

Shooting in the dark is how philosophers have always made progress! More so, the emptiness of words are particularly why words are so important. They're just like art.

We have to take the potential of rejection as a given. It's not something to worry about since those people (ought to) openly exclude themselves from the list of potential candidates.

More pressing is that half the team is only in it for the name. In that case, you would do well to identify and repair or eliminate them. There's no investment to be made in a tool that refuses to work and all. I'm certain anyone with an earnest desire to help the place would do better than someone who doesn't care and there are many people who would like to see improvement, of course.

Shooting in the dark is how philosophers have always made progress! More so, the emptiness of words are particularly why words are so important. They're just like art.

We have to take the potential of rejection as a given. It's not something to worry about since those people (ought to) openly exclude themselves from the list of potential candidates.

More pressing is that half the team is only in it for the name. In that case, you would do well to identify and repair or eliminate them. There's no investment to be made in a tool that refuses to work and all. I'm certain anyone with an earnest desire to help the place would do better than someone who doesn't care and there are many people who would like to see improvement, of course.

The costs of getting it wrong are high enough to make "shooting in the dark" a bad strategy.

Archived