I fully respect the Westboro Baptist Church

~ P O L A R I S ~

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't respect them, but I fully support the first amendment.

I don't fear at all consequences of letting them screech their idiocy.  Everybody knows they're crazy.  I do fear neckbeard atheist bastards who want to be able to shut down free speech and would stop at people as extreme as WBC.

I firmly believe that to allow freedom of speech you must do so without exception.  What's stupid and what's not is too subjective.

Well I mean, the problem with WBC is more rooted in the fact that the majority of religions are practised in such a way that divides people into believers and not, and that it's a believers job to preach. People should join a religion because they want to, not because they've been told to or X will happen, that's just subjugation. 

This thread has quickly gone sideways.

Are they technically allowed to have their hateful message? Yes.

Does that make their message acceptable? Not really, and I don't know why anyone is giving them credence by listening.

What, then, is the ideal course of action? Treat their threats the same way other threats are treated- a minor offense worthy of increased police vigilance so that they don't act on this nonsense.

Is sexuality something that can be practiced publicly? I personally could not give less of a sheet as long as I'm not dragged into it.

What, then, is the ideal course of action? Treat their threats the same way other threats are treated- a minor offense worthy of increased police vigilance so that they don't act on this nonsense.

What threats? Fearmongering and threats are two very distinct things.

Does that make their message acceptable? Not really, and I don't know why anyone is giving them credence by listening.

How can you dictate whether their message is acceptable if you're not willing to listen to it? 

Since when did twerking in BDSM gear in the street stand for anything transgressive?  Was that actually a thing?  I'm being absolutely serious.  This is the first I've ever heard of this.

Michael_Jackson_-_Bad.png

Michael_Jackson_-_Bad.png

Twerking does not equate to actual dance skill.  And how dare you.

EDIT:  Whoops, clicked a report while trying to post.  

And second of all, you're still not debating anything.  I see a bunch of indirect, off topic questions, but I don't see a debate.  This has long since derailed.  Give me some content or I'm locking it.

Archived