Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Agro

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't funking get over old Boey's shoes hahahahaha

And the original Gaiden didn't have supports? Huh. I hope they add that in, I always enjoy support conversations (except in Radiant Dawn).

I'm not sure if it did or not, but key phrasing being "like the modern games"

Just don't add children for no reason...

Ah, ok. If they ever went back to only having 5 supports per character, even with remakes where that was originally the case, I'd be super annoyed.

They should have like 7 supports per character. Some of those relationships needed more time to develop.

I meant total. Like, in PoR and RD, the best you could do was get up to A rank with one person and B with another and then you had no other supports without having to override others (which you would have to start back from C if you ever wanted to build up again). That's what I don't want them to ever go back to.

Oh sheet, son, I forgot to look at the character names from the gameplay footage. Well Robin looks good.

The guy with the eyepatch is definitely Savor (セーバー in the footage), though that one was kinda obvious what with the eyepatch. They show Gray (グレイ) changing class near the end of the footage.

I meant total. Like, in PoR and RD, the best you could do was get up to A rank with one person and B with another and then you had no other supports without having to override others (which you would have to start back from C if you ever wanted to build up again). That's what I don't want them to ever go back to.

I missed this.

Yes, definitely. That was garbage.

I doubt they ever go back to that. Especially not in this game, where dungeons look like they're going to let you get into multiple battles each, meaning more bonding between characters and therefore more chances for support– assuming, again, that they put it in.

I missed this.

Yes, definitely. That was garbage.

I doubt they ever go back to that. Especially not in this game, where dungeons look like they're going to let you get into multiple battles each, meaning more bonding between characters and therefore more chances for support– assuming, again, that they put it in.

And let's hope the support system is like that of Awakening, you know where you have A supports with everyone. Why have this step back from Awakening and Fates?

Also considering the game was just announced, we won't be getting an English voice cast since the release dates are so close to one another.

I like the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmk3TM2jbe8

EDIT: I wonder if, once the game comes out, we'll be able to draw more parallels between Valentia and Valm. Like, if there'll be anything like the Mila Tree that was in Awakening. Or like how the Mila Shrine Ruins from Paralogue 7 (where you got Brady) are in the same place as the Duma Tower from Gaiden.

I could see them doing it so that, now that they have Awakening establishing what became of Valm, they could write the game so Shadows of Valentia foreshadows what happens in Awakening.

Considering the Paralogues, I'm looking into how many involved Valm. Apparently the of Inigo's Paralogue has the exact same name as a villain from Gaiden, right down to both bosses being fought in the same location.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Jamil_(Gaiden)

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Jamil_(Awakening)

And let's hope the support system is like that of Awakening, you know where you have A supports with everyone. Why have this step back from Awakening and Fates?

Also considering the game was just announced, we won't be getting an English voice cast since the release dates are so close to one another.

How do you know there won't be an English voice cast? The game is almost certainly already finished and is probably being worked on by who's ever localizing it right now.

In terms of a voice cast, we could possibly get dual audio back for this game considering the only reason we didn't get in Fates was because of Renka. Though then again it looks like the game is going to be fully voiced and bring in foreign voice actors, especially well-known ones, is always difficult and expensive.

Also, it's been confirmed by the Japanese site that this game will have DLC.

Yeah, it's just an easter egg, but I found it interesting anyway. I'd only expecting a few easter eggs to Awakening in return, so nothing more than a couple things that might actually be relevant.

Considering that Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem game if it didn't sell well the team behind it really just went, "What can we do to assure it sells?"

The answer was throw as much nostalgia at it that could fit. So anything that has ANYTHING to do with another entry in the series is most likely pure nostalgia.

Considering that Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem game if it didn't sell well the team behind it really just went, "What can we do to assure it sells?"

The answer was throw as much nostalgia at it that could fit. So anything that has ANYTHING to do with another entry in the series is most likely pure nostalgia.

Well I mean we do know that Valm and Elise are future versions of Archanea and Valentia so it's not entirely nostalgia

Archived