Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • 20,294 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
  • Alias:Shradow

I like the music.

EDIT: I wonder if, once the game comes out, we'll be able to draw more parallels between Valentia and Valm. Like, if there'll be anything like the Mila Tree that was in Awakening. Or like how the Mila Shrine Ruins from Paralogue 7 (where you got Brady) are in the same place as the Duma Tower from Gaiden.

jLpBUMz.gif

3DS FC: 0748-6486-2145

NNID: Shradow

PSN: Ragaror

BattleTag: Shradow#1617

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

And then I walk away

• Legendary Members
  • 26,209 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

I could see them doing it so that, now that they have Awakening establishing what became of Valm, they could write the game so Shadows of Valentia foreshadows what happens in Awakening.

Considering the Paralogues, I'm looking into how many involved Valm. Apparently the of Inigo's Paralogue has the exact same name as a villain from Gaiden, right down to both bosses being fought in the same location.

http://fireemblem.wi.../Jamil_(Gaiden)

http://fireemblem.wi...mil_(Awakening)

YwvZkEv.png

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • 20,294 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago

That case seems more of an homage or reference, not necessarily having any lore significance.

jLpBUMz.gif

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

And then I walk away

• Legendary Members
  • 26,209 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Yeah, it's just an easter egg, but I found it interesting anyway. I'd only expecting a few easter eggs to Awakening in return, so nothing more than a couple things that might actually be relevant.

YwvZkEv.png

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• Elite Members
  • 1,538 posts
    Last Visit Jun 17 2018 09:17 PM
  • Alias:Elly
  • Spouse:Agro

And let's hope the support system is like that of Awakening, you know where you have A supports with everyone. Why have this step back from Awakening and Fates?

Also considering the game was just announced, we won't be getting an English voice cast since the release dates are so close to one another.

How do you know there won't be an English voice cast? The game is almost certainly already finished and is probably being worked on by who's ever localizing it right now.

In terms of a voice cast, we could possibly get dual audio back for this game considering the only reason we didn't get in Fates was because of Renka. Though then again it looks like the game is going to be fully voiced and bring in foreign voice actors, especially well-known ones, is always difficult and expensive.

Also, it's been confirmed by the Japanese site that this game will have DLC.

Posted Image

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,162 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 05:37 AM

I checked the date, I thought it would be released next month. My bad.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

And then I walk away

• Legendary Members
  • 26,209 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
Heroes is the game being released next month, so they're spacing the games out. Heroes in February, this game in May, and Warriors in the fall.

YwvZkEv.png

Jake the Sage

Jake the Sage

I ALWAYS Come Back!

• Legendary Members
  • 23,246 posts
    Last Visit Feb 08 2018 09:37 PM

Yeah, it's just an easter egg, but I found it interesting anyway. I'd only expecting a few easter eggs to Awakening in return, so nothing more than a couple things that might actually be relevant.

Considering that Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem game if it didn't sell well the team behind it really just went, "What can we do to assure it sells?"

The answer was throw as much nostalgia at it that could fit. So anything that has ANYTHING to do with another entry in the series is most likely pure nostalgia.

Struggle_of_Powers_II_Background.jpg

The career of a Sage is of two kinds: He is either honored by all in the world, Like a flower waving its head, Or else he disappears into the silent forest

Stamps

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• Elite Members
  • 1,538 posts

Considering that Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem game if it didn't sell well the team behind it really just went, "What can we do to assure it sells?"

The answer was throw as much nostalgia at it that could fit. So anything that has ANYTHING to do with another entry in the series is most likely pure nostalgia.

Well I mean we do know that Valm and Elise are future versions of Archanea and Valentia so it's not entirely nostalgia

Posted Image

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,162 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 05:37 AM

Okay, everyone ship Alm and Celica. It's probably the only way to get their wedding.

Think the units will have kids? Wouldn't it be funny if Sonia and Python had a child?

http://fireemblem.wi...e_Emblem_Gaiden

List, and the artists will have a lot of work to do redesigning all of them.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

And then I walk away

• Legendary Members
  • 26,209 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Yeah, that sounds right. Calling back to the older games just helped audiences make a connection to the older games.

Okay, everyone ship Alm and Celica. It's probably the only way to get their wedding.

Think the units will have kids? Wouldn't it be funny if Sonia and Python had a child?

http://fireemblem.wi...e_Emblem_Gaiden

List, and the artists will have a lot of work to do redesigning all of them.

That opening video with them as children was so cute that I'm absolutely going to be shipping them.

I'm not sure if they'll have kids. As much as I like how Awakening and Fates did that, that might require too much of a change to Gaiden, and considering how kids are the result of S supports, it depends entirely on how the support system works.

The artists definitely have a lot of work to do, but judging by what we've seen so far, they've done a decent job of making them recognizably close to the original character while heavily updating them.

YwvZkEv.png

Agro

Agro

husbando material

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 24,060 posts
    Last Visit Apr 15 2018 11:26 PM
  • Alias:Agro
  • Spouse:Elly

Gaiden definitely made sense to remake for 3DS considering it is basically a prequel to Awakening.

Not only that, but its kingdom setup is basically the same as Fates. Two kingdoms, one with plenty and peaceful, the other with little and warmongering.

So it ties into both games thematically and diegetically.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see more connections between the three games pop up.

vFKSmbl.png

"Agro your pool party is very kinky~" -Elly Da Booty Hunter
"Agro booty is best booty. Only good booty. Your's and every else's boot sucks." -Daemon
"DAMNIT AGRO" -Klav

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• Elite Members
  • 1,538 posts

Gaiden definitely made sense to remake for 3DS considering it is basically a prequel to Awakening.

Not only that, but its kingdom setup is basically the same as Fates. Two kingdoms, one with plenty and peaceful, the other with little and warmongering.

So it ties into both games thematically and diegetically.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see more connections between the three games pop up.

At least from what I know of Gaiden this game will have more of a duality its kingdoms beyond good kingdom/bad kingdom, and there seems to be antagonists from both sides of the conflict. That was one of my biggest problems with Fates was the heavy bias towards Hoshidan characters.

Posted Image

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer

• Moderators
  • 47,384 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

I'm still pissy about how Hoshido was hardly the "good kingdom" and the characters were hardly the better people (not poorly written, just if they were real), yet the game sucks off Ryoma/Hoshido every chance it gets.

4f018743c34467a059fd6de09be8e549.jpg

You are an insane person and very creative.

Phantom Roxas

Phantom Roxas

And then I walk away

• Legendary Members
  • 26,209 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

At least from what I know of Gaiden this game will have more of a duality its kingdoms beyond good kingdom/bad kingdom, and there seems to be antagonists from both sides of the conflict. That was one of my biggest problems with Fates was the heavy bias towards Hoshidan characters.

And they gave a good reason for it. Rigel was already evil, but Zofia is a bunch of spoiled brats. Alm and Celica have their own individual routes, kind of like Eirika and Ephraim in Sacred Stones. You're playing both sides of the conflict, rather than choosing one over the other like in Fates.

YwvZkEv.png

Agro

Agro

husbando material

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 24,060 posts

And I have to pick which side I start on. Alm or Celica?

Which isn't the actual question. The real question is...

192gshk.jpg?1rZjkWIX.jpg

Which best boy do I go with first?

It's Boey. It's going to be Boey.

vFKSmbl.png

"Agro booty is best booty. Only good booty. Your's and every else's boot sucks." -Daemon
"DAMNIT AGRO" -Klav

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • 20,294 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago

I really like Alm's hair, it was one thing I immediately noticed upon seeing his new design. His armor, too, in general I like the armor designs I've seen so far.

jLpBUMz.gif

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• Elite Members
  • 1,538 posts

I'm still pissy about how Hoshido was hardly the "good kingdom" and the characters were hardly the better people (not poorly written, just if they were real), yet the game sucks off Ryoma/Hoshido every chance it gets.

4f018743c34467a059fd6de09be8e549.jpg

Gotta give a like for that Edea

I really like Alm's hair, it was one thing I immediately noticed upon seeing his new design. His armor, too, in general I like the armor designs I've seen so far.

Never forget that Alm sacrificed his ridiculously long codpiece for fabulous hair

On a more serious note I wonder if this game will have sprites and models that change like the original did (like if Alm was wielding a bow in his advanced class the sprite would change to reflect this). 

Speaking of classes I wonder how promotions and reclassing will work in this game compare to the original.

Posted Image

Agro

Agro

husbando material

• Topic Starter
  • Legendary Members
  • 24,060 posts

Never forget that Alm sacrificed his ridiculously long codpiece for fabulous hair

rip in peace

On a more serious note I wonder if this game will have sprites and models that change like the original did (like if Alm was wielding a bow in his advanced class the sprite would change to reflect this). 

Speaking of classes I wonder how promotions and reclassing will work in this game compare to the original.

To answer all your questions bb

vFKSmbl.png

"DAMNIT AGRO" -Klav

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • 20,294 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago

Well we saw a bit of it with Grey at the end of the gameplay footage, I don't know what it all means but it looks like there's a fair amount of freedom with reclassing and stuff.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

jLpBUMz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users