Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm super happy because on the old Winter's Envoy banner my free pull was a +Spd -Def Celica. Not only is she my first one (I spent close to 200 F2P orbs I'd saved up when she first got added and never got her), she also has perfect IVs, and now I've finished kitting her out:

MkIkQDq.png?1

She's had her refine for awhile but for those who haven't used her, a single combat puts her into Brazen/Desperation range because of the 5+6 recoil from Ragnarork+Fury, so then she gets +12/+12 Atk/Spd in combat.

Very unhappy with this. Like with Eirika and her Legendary Hero, we're getting this about two months after the last time we got an Azura alt. Except this is the third one we're getting this year, grand total of five Azura, and I do not see why she needed to be the Legendary Hero this time around. At least the banner itself isn't entirely terrible.

She reeks of power creep and funk you players in the form of putting Duel Blue Fliers on a timelocked, Legendary Hero, which is just funking stupid, a powercrept Dance/Sing which is deeefinitely the skill that needed power creep.

I dunno what to even say honestly. The alt fatigue is getting annoying (And that's coming from someone who likes Azura), but that isn't even the most annoying part of things considering this is going to make Aether Raids and Arena even more funking annoying then they already were when she pops up, moreso Aether Raids then Arena. Here's hoping I pull her on my free pull cause she seems like a funking must-have right now, I can only hope that she isn't as insane as she appears at first glance. 2019 is gonna have to pull things around really freakin' fast cause I am getting burnt out on Heroes slowly and steadily. I guess I should just be glad she won't appear randomly in Tempest Trials and stuff to make my life miserable there.

Not too happy about this, either. More Fateswakening, it's an alt of a character who already got plenty of alts, and a recent one no less, the Arena skill locked on a Legendary unit, powercrept Sing/Dance skill, IDK why she is a flier, and she could have had a more unique typing, let's say Colorless dagger. I'm not a fan of Corrin but I feel as unfair that Azura got a legendary alt before him/her xD

So, in February we're getting a change to merging units. Where the bane stat will also increase in addition to the other stats, and in the case of neutral units the boosts become 2 and a third stat increases by 1. These boosts only happen on the first merge and will affect previously merged units.

Also in the January update Seliph, Julia, Deidre, and Taitiu are getting refines. Legendary heroes will recieve Mythic hero boosts in Aether Raids if in a team with a Mythic hero, and the reverse is true in arena, providing the seasons match.

Was going to complain about spoilers before posting an introductory video, but I realized later it's a datamine.

I once said I would take either Laegjarn or Laevatein but I take that back: I prefer Laegjarn any day. The same goes for these New Years alts. Although I read Laegjarn will be the TT unit so I won't have to gamble for her, yesh!

Normally I would complain about 2 units sharing color in a a banner, but in this case I'm fine with getting either of the 2 red frost siblings so it's cool. The AoE on Gunhtra's weapon is big, while Hrid seems nicely min/maxed for physical defense. His weapon further supports his bulky nature. Sucks that neither got more unique combinations like Fjorm's Green bow + flier. By the way, I get such as strong Yuyuko vibe from Gunnthra xD

I would take Joint Hones over Hone 4s any day, can't wait for the rest.

And the fixing of banes through merges, oh boy. I do have a couple of seasonal units from which I got 2 copies hoping for better "natures", and couldn't get anything better, but if I can just patch those, it makes it easier to decide to merge them than just keep them around as potential rare skill fodder. On top of my head, I can now patch a -Atk/+Spd B!Sanaki, and a -Atk NY!Camilla, I got 2 HS!Elincias too, and worked on one that just swapped Def for Res, a merge would only patch up her lowest defense. Not a seasonal, but I got 3 Micaiah with supotimal nature as well. I would have to re-check their boons to see which stats will end up improved.

Other units waiting for merges are my main girl Nephenee who is +Atk/-Spd, an Elincia with -Atk, S!Linde with -Spd.

No NY!Helbindi, RIP. But man Gunnthra's funking pretty, I really want her. Thankfully two units color sharing doesn't actually have a significant effect on your chance to pull one over the other, statistically speaking.

Also the sacred seals for the upcoming TT are Threaten Res, Spur Def/Res, and Atk/Spd Bond. NY!Laegjarn is indeed the TT reward.

EDIT: Oh funk the merging change nerfs my -Atk Kliff! Nooooooo...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived