Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Datamined stats of the CYL units if you haven't already seen them: https://imgur.com/a/VdIKm

With Steady Breath's CD reduction combined with Urvan, he's gonna be shooting off Aethers like there's no tomorrow. And he has 39 Def when attacked, woof. I'm not even sure if he wants DC since that also messes up the 80% damage reduction against ranged units who double him, assuming natural doubles that go uninterrupted count as "consecutive attacks".

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt that the new anime will "finish what the anime of old started", as that would not make any sense. They're more likely to go with something else. We don't know if the anime is real, who is making it, and who would even license it, so to immediately jump to whether the English cast of Heroes would reprise their roles is asking far too much at this early a stage.

I don't mean they're making an anime on Heroes. Considering the roster, that would be too much. If, and this is the biggest if of all, they do make another Fire Emblem anime, it should either be based on Echoes, Fates, or Awakening. Or another game.

Anyway, I'm still sticking with Lyn for my choice. She was my first, but I wonder if they'll do the "Pick your hero for the first free summon" for all other summons from this point on. Not likely since that would be cheating. But it would be awesome to get other heroes we don't either have or special heroes.

Btw, anyone using Mae? Cause she is a twig when it comes to defense.

I'm not that impressed with Robin, since even as a TA+Raven tome tank his Res isn't that great. Pretty much every other blue mage except for Odin and maybe Ursula is probably better than him, with units like Delthea and Reinhardt being the top because they're such powerhouses. You usually don't want a mage to tank for you unless it's their job, so you can't say Delthea's bad for having low Def. If anything having it so low freeds up space for her offensive stats which is why she's so good, that's why dump stats are a thing. Def is a mage's least important stat in most cases.

About Delthea, I got lucky and pulled a +ATK, -DEF one and been wondering whether I should put LaD on her. I feel like without +Speed she's just not fast enough for it.

Might as well tbh. Every point of ATK and SPD will matter to her, and she's not tanking any hits anyway. You can stick with her default I guess, but all the extra doubles you get from LaD is too valuable to pass up.

I don't have access to my own computer right now so I can't do anything with FEH for a bit, but when I do I'm going to do my summons before I choose my free hero. That way if I get screwed on what color orbs show up and end up pulling Ike with orbs I can just switch my free hero pick to Lucina, or something like that.

Also, Urvan is confirmed to get the 80% DR on normal doubles as long as Ike doesn't interrupt, not just Brave weapons. Steady Breath doesn't work when Ike initiates but when the enemy does he gets 2 CD per attack he takes and counters with, so with a single enemy doubling him (say, if a melee Brave weapon user initiated combat on Ike), Aether would be fully charged. Yeah, he definitely doesn't want DC, he's a beast tank.

Oh, and Seth is the only one of the recent SS banner to be reduced to 4 stars. But he does have Fortress Def 3 at 4 stars so that's pretty great.

The new banner hasn't given me anything noteworthy (yet). With the voting gauntlet, daily special maps, and CYL orbs, I might still be able to summon one. Until then I will wait with summoning my free hero (doubting between Ike and Lyn).

Recently I also came across an interesting idea for building "Brave Mercenary: Ike". Give him "Shield pulse 3" and "Aegis". Thanks to shield pulse and Urvan, his special will be charged instantly. If a mage (or archer/ninja/healer) attacks him, their damage gets more than halved. Any follow up attacks have their damage reduced by 80%, and instanly charge his special again thanks to "Steady breath". His damage potential gets somewhat lowered, but he becomes an exceptional tank for all kinds of damage.

Imagine putting something like Bonfire + Quick Riposte on Bike and hitting with Bonfire on both counter attacks against melee units (assuming he gets doubled). That's preeetty good.

-Spd is probably Bike's best bane since you want him to get doubled often for easy Special charge.

Managed to get backto 20 orbs again, thanks to some of the september quests. With it I managed to summon a "Brave lady: Lyn". Her attack is increased at the cost of hp, so that is quite amazing. Already had two other units waiting for a "brave bow+", her default bow isn't half bad either; so she can wait.

Since I haven't played the radient series, my knowledge of certain units is limited to what I can find on the wiki. Given I could not find anything about Nephenee being a boss, I have some doubts about her being a GHB (you could argue that Robin is Grima). She could end up as "Marth", Tobin and Clive; a free unit from the tempest trials.

Regardless, it seems like she comes with a "Slayer lance". The killer lance is red-ish, whereas the lance Nephenee is holding is blue, with an otherwise unchanged design.

Just a reminder to play the quick hero battle, so we can reach the threshold for 10 free orbs and 5000 feathers. Using Lyn against flying units lets you win the match-up, while also increasing your combo by one more.

It also seems that some players' defense teams weren't matched against others. This was apparently in effect for three months, affected people (don't know how you would figure that out) will get 900 feathers to make up for it.

Archived