Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Halloween Henry might also be better served by a B-skill that prevents doubles, especially given he has a bane in speed. He has already learned "Wary fighter", but with that skill he cannot take Reinhardt down in one battle (without special). Either way, I didn't want to let "Renewal 3" go to waste when inheriting Gronnowl+.

I will probably invest in him some more, but I currently don't have the fodder to do so; and I'm saving for the upcoming banner (currently at 89 orbs).

Thankfully by the time I get the CC seal I'll have enough Sacred Coins to fully upgrade it. Only about 23.5k more to go.

And if you're going for max tankiness for H!Henry with Gronnowl, Close Defense seal, and Ward Armors, Quick Riposte would probably be best especially since he's -Spd. Renewal's really only good for Chain Challenges and Tempest Trials, but in that case you should probably already have a designated healer (even a staff user if you don't have a Falchion healer or Arvis built). Otherwise most battles don't last long enough for Renewal to be of much use.

"Quick riposte" might be one of the better skills for his B-slot. I however am not planning to give up my units that have it, unless I get more of them.

Given Halloween Henry's armor movement, I'm not too keen on using him for Tempest trials any time soon.

As for (pseudo-)healers, Renewal has proven to provide enough sustain for my team to make it to the end consistently; the main reason survival often ended up as B, is because my main team did not include a 40% focus hero.

If buffed, Tharja (+speed, -hp) can 1 round most enemies, especially when she is in desperation range. As such, she doesn't need a healer.

Thanks to his "Brave bow+" and "Deathblow 3", Klein (+attack, -res) can take down a great deal of enemies as well. His physical damage complements Tharja's magic pretty well. He often lives his battles at full Hp, so he doesn't need a healer either.

Ephraim's (+def, -hp) main job is to support Tharja with buffs. He can also can move allies out of enemy range, or let them close gaps, with "Reposition". Most damage he takes comes from "Fury"… I might need to replace that. "Renewal" helps him recover.

Fae (+res, -def) is my sponge for magic damage, and sometimes lances (she has "Triangle adept"). She also has "Renewal", so she can tank various enemies. Just like Ephraim, she tends to move allies around (albeit with "Draw back").

I have tried teams with a more enemy phase oriented playatyle, but that didn't work out for me nearly as well as the above team. But to each their own I suppose.

"Quick riposte" might be one of the better skills for his B-slot. I however am not planning to give up my units that have it, unless I get more of them.

Given Halloween Henry's armor movement, I'm not too keen on using him for Tempest trials any time soon.

As for (pseudo-)healers, Renewal has proven to provide enough sustain for my team to make it to the end consistently; the main reason survival often ended up as B, is because my main team did not include a 40% focus hero.

If buffed, Tharja (+speed, -hp) can 1 round most enemies, especially when she is in desperation range. As such, she doesn't need a healer.

Thanks to his "Brave bow+" and "Deathblow 3", Klein (+attack, -res) can take down a great deal of enemies as well. His physical damage complements Tharja's magic pretty well. He often lives his battles at full Hp, so he doesn't need a healer either.

Ephraim's (+def, -hp) main job is to support Tharja with buffs. He can also can move allies out of enemy range, or let them close gaps, with "Reposition". Most damage he takes comes from "Fury"… I might need to replace that. "Renewal" helps him recover.

Fae (+res, -def) is my sponge for magic damage, and sometimes lances (she has "Triangle adept"). She also has "Renewal", so she can tank various enemies. Just like Ephraim, she tends to move allies around (albeit with "Draw back").

I have tried teams with a more enemy phase oriented playatyle, but that didn't work out for me nearly as well as the above team. But to each their own I suppose.

I know, My arena team consists of Hector, Ike, Olwen and a bonus character, depending on season I stick with Alphonse, Sharena or Anna.

I know, My arena team consists of Hector, Ike, Olwen and a bonus character, depending on season I stick with Alphonse, Sharena or Anna.

The team I described was actually my team for for the tempest trials (when not auto battling). Though I use a similar team for arena, Klein typically gets replaced by the bonus hero. Last weeks I however used a different team composition that had more of a focus on armored units (Halloween Henry, Black knight, Axe Azura, and Cordelia). Henry however no longer is a focus unit.

When I turn on autobattles, I typically use a different team (and play on hard rather than lynatic); it consists of more bonus heroes and a healer without attacking stave. The buffs the bonus heroes get, should leave some room for error, whereas the lack of weapon makes sure healers do their job. The team I currently have set might need some tweaking, as they barely made it to the end alive; only brave Ike survived.

As for your team, I feel all those different movement ranges can be a hindrance for keeping keeping your team together for buffing, or moving in on a favourable matchup. As a result some of them might get felled early. I could be wrong though.

The team I described was actually my team for for the tempest trials (when not auto battling). Though I use a similar team for arena, Klein typically gets replaced by the bonus hero. Last weeks I however used a different team composition that had more of a focus on armored units (Halloween Henry, Black knight, Axe Azura, and Cordelia). Henry however no longer is a focus unit.

When I turn on autobattles, I typically use a different team (and play on hard rather than lynatic); it consists of more bonus heroes and a healer without attacking stave. The buffs the bonus heroes get, should leave some room for error, whereas the lack of weapon makes sure healers do their job. The team I currently have set might need some tweaking, as they barely made it to the end alive; only brave Ike survived.

As for your team, I feel all those different movement ranges can be a hindrance for keeping keeping your team together for buffing, or moving in on a favourable matchup. As a result some of them might get felled early. I could be wrong though.

My team's helped me out in a couple of matches. With Hector and Ike's ability to counter from a distance and Olwen hitting twice provided she doesn't get ko'ed.

Still for a best team, what would you recommend?

To make things even easier I supported Bike and Lancina together for even more stats. Since TT is a series of separate maps, they got to S pretty quickly. 

Now when they're adjacent in TT, Bike's statline is 55/60/36/46/28 and Lancina's is 51/56/45/36/25. Absolute monsters.

To make things even easier I supported Bike and Lancina together for even more stats. Since TT is a series of separate maps, they got to S pretty quickly. 

Now when they're adjacent in TT, Bike's statline is 55/60/36/46/28 and Lancina's is 51/56/45/36/25. Absolute monsters.

What B skill would work best for Hector, Wary Fighter or Vantage?

Definitely Vantage. Hector's the only unit that can make use of Quick Riposte and Vantage together (at least until we get Bruno with his Vantage tome). Plus, Wary Fighter cancels out Armads' Quick Riposte, anyone who puts it on him is a fool.

The only armor units that want Wary Fighter beyond the 3 it comes with are probably Sheena and Gwendolyn.

My team's helped me out in a couple of matches. With Hector and Ike's ability to counter from a distance and Olwen hitting twice provided she doesn't get ko'ed.

Still for a best team, what would you recommend?

It is hard to recommend a best team; no singular team is, most units aren't available to everyone, and it also somewhat depends on your preferred playstyle. I for example like to hit hard, and get out of enemy range; basically Flier emblem.

Regardless, here are some general suggestions, some of which already apply to your team:

• Include both a source for magical damage and physical damage on your team.
  • Add some colour variety; you don't want to run into a "Triangle adept" unit that can singlehandedly take care of your team.
  • Have your core units support eachother; getting +2 to everything, just for being next to eachother, is noting to scoff at.
  • Make sure the units complement eachother, and inteded playstyle.
With last point I mean that if your playstyle is tanking enemies, you might want to put ward/fortify skills on your units; that way they take less damage. Since they intend to be in the enemies range at the end of your turn, skills like "Rally X", "Reciprocal aid" and "Swap" aren't such a bad idea. Dancers aren't as useful for this type of team. If, on the other hand, you are using "brave" weapons, goad and hone skills might be the better choice for the C-slot. Those units typically don't want to get attacked, so positional support becomes more important, though a singer/dancer could also work.

Theme teams (armored units, fliers, and horses) typically have great synergy due to their insane buffs. Mixed teams don't benefit as much, and might even suffer from eachother's weaknesses; "Guidance" is quite strong. I wouldn't combine horses and armoured units; their movement ranges are too different, and the fact there aren't any skills that support that mix (yet). Trees tend to get in the way of horses, so they aren't as useful for positioning allies (use fliers instead). Armoured units have a hard to getting the cavalry units to safety. And not all horses are great tanks (Olwen certainly isn't one).

I'd either swap Hector or Olwen. Nowi could serve as a blue magic damage dealer that fights similar to Hector and Ike (if you have her), and would take the place of Olwen. That team might want a (pseudo-)healer of some sort though. Brave Lyn (instead of Hector) is a very strong unit that can run various sets equally wel, she and Olwen can help eachother with horse buffs… maybe you'd want to replace Ike as well in that case.

Just note that is my view on the matter, your miliage might vary. Also, some of the fun of the game can come from using units you like, so don't just take the word of anyone o the internet.

Ive honestly been using my feathers to fix my units. Everything either needs LaD3, Fury3, Triangle Adept3, or a specific 5* defensive skill. Cherche needed Brave Axe+, Lyn needed Brave Bow+, H-Henry needed Gronraven+. And I still need alot more before I touch the Askr trio.

All my units of the Askr trio have been upgraded to 5 star. Anna is basically finished (for now). Sharena and Alfonse could use some work… they do have a low priority though.

With the "Brash assault" seal and "Desperation", Alfonse could start doubling (or quading) enemies somewhat reliable. I unfortunatly don't have a Shanna to give him (and other units that want it more). Furthermore I only have 6 colourless great badges, so it is going to take a while before I can upgrade the "Brash assault" seal.

Speaking of colourless great badges, I need more of them to upgrade my "Savage Blow" sacred seal; bridal Lyn wants it, so she can safely chip the enemies. Along with the buffs to healers that come soon, she might finally become viable. I wonder what buffs the various staves will receive.

x393wz.jpg

Both "Fury 3" and "Triangle adept 3" are available on 4 star units (Hinata and Roy respectively)… summoning them might however be a problem due to the over-saturation in the red summoning pool.

All my units of the Askr trio have been upgraded to 5 star. Anna is basically finished (for now). Sharena and Alfonse could use some work… they do have a low priority though.

With the "Brash assault" seal and "Desperation", Alfonse could start doubling (or quading) enemies somewhat reliable. I unfortunatly don't have a Shanna to give him (and other units that want it more). Furthermore I only have 6 colourless great badges, so it is going to take a while before I can upgrade the "Brash assault" seal.

Speaking of colourless great badges, I need more of them to upgrade my "Savage Blow" sacred seal; bridal Lyn wants it, so she can safely chip the enemies. Along with the buffs to healers that come soon, she might finally become viable. I wonder what buffs the various staves will receive.

x393wz.jpg

Both "Fury 3" and "Triangle adept 3" are available on 4 star units (Hinata and Roy respectively)… summoning them might however be a problem due to the over-saturation in the red summoning pool.

Hinata maybe, Roy... Definitely.

Edit:

Her English VA is Heather Watson.

Plus her kit looks good.

Note the text at the end:

Fjorm: Princess of Ice will only be available to summon during Legendary Hero summoning events. The next time she is planned to be available is around the end of December.

So there's gonna be more of these.

Maybe next time we'll get more Tharcia 776 Characters.

Admit it, we all want Leif in at some point, and Olwen and Reinhart are getting old.

Oh yeah, Children of Fate.

I wonder how they'll incorporate Selkie, a beast unit and daughter of Kaden, who hasn't even made it into Heroes yet.

I'm honestly not super hyped about this banner as I was when it was first announced. There's only 1 out of each color that I'm interested in/don't already have (Hector, Genny, Celica, and Fjorm), and while 8% with no pity breakers is definitely significant, it's not like that guarantees you'll get a ton of 5 stars or anything. Plus I've only got 35 orbs right now, though that will increase significantly if I include the rest of the TT rewads (I'm at about 71k right now), upcoming login orbs, and upcoming story/event orbs.

I somewhat share your sentiment towards this banner, but other units appeal to me. I have at least one copy of each of the colourless units, so that colour isn't that interesting.

Given spring Xander isn't all that great, I have a bridal Caeda, and we supposedly get a free Fjorm, blue isn't that great either.

As for red and green, I have non of them. So summoning from those stones could be interesting.

That isn't to say I won't summon on this banner, but I probably won't spend as much. The units are either good on their own, or have nice skills for inheritance. So summoning a duplicate isn't as bad.

So no datamine stuff yet, but currently the app has a new icon with Fjorm instead of Veronica, and there's a new My Nintendo reward of 2k feathers for 100 platinum points which can be taken up to 5 times for a total of 10k feathers. You'll be able to get an easy 200 points by completing the two new story chapters once the update is out.

Archived