Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Tempest Trial's out. My team is my S rank support wife Tharja, Valentine's Lyn, Ninian and Clarine.

Also A hero rises is on the final round. Go Team Christmas Tharja!

I really want Christmas Tharja.

And if she's not chosen she'll take out her anger on us by grabbing our heads and draining our life forces until we're nothing but bones!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too excited about the result. IMO the timing of the event wasn't ideal, since that appears to have pushed users to lean towards Vanguard Ike, released around that time, and Hector, one of the winners of CYL 2.  In other words, it looks like there was some kind of bias.

Also hoped for none of the fanservice queens to make it in, like in CYL 2... but there is Winter Tharja.

"Vanguard Legend: Ike" was announced alongside the "A hero rises" event, where Feh quite explicitly suggested to vote for him. Given I managed to summon him from the last banner and Azura from her original banner, I'm not all that hyped about them.

""Normal" girl: Tharja" is quite a strong unit, that comes with a lot of useful skills to have: "R Tome valor" for farming Sp, "Vengeful fighter" as a better "Quick riposte", and "Close counter". Not only that, she has a great stats spread, so I wouldn't mind getting her… it would have been even better if it was a different character.

"General of Ostia: Hector" could serve as a great green unit for my armored team… he has to compete with Henry and/or Zephiel. Otherwise he can serve as fodder for "Distant counter" (and "Goad armor").

Ike comes with "Warding breath" which, like its counterpart ("Steady breath"), is great for baiting units like dragons and some armored units. He might also come with a scarce resource ("Earth blessing").

Azura is the only one of those units that doesn't come with a great skill for inheritance (her skills are also available on 4 star units), but she is an amazing unit on her own; usable straight out of the box, regardless of nature. Aside from merging for arena scoring you however gain little from extra copies of her.

All may votes in the second round will go to both Hector and Tharja, as I wouldn't mind getting either of them.

Managed to pull a +SPD/-RES LA!Lilina which is nice, and has now replaced Cecilia as my Gronnblade user for my horse emblem team. She manages to get more kills than my Cecilia does, only dying to Sanaki if she gets into Desperation range or can proc Glimmer. Not decided yet between Life and Death or Fury, as I have only have fodder for the second tier of each in Hanas and Jagens.

And quite a lot of orbs further I got my fourth and fifth non-focus unit from the "Love abounds" banner. I think I will stop to summon on that banner despite not getting any of the focus units; maybe I will have better luck when they appear on a legendary banner, or something.

"Black Magician: Rhajat" (+hp, -atk) showed up first. Quite unfortunate. I didn't summon her before, so she is at least useful for collection purposes.

The other unit was "Future witness: Lucina" (+speed, -def). With such a nature she can surpass "Enigmatic blade: Marth". Given she doesn't have amazing skills for inheritance, other than "Aether", I merged the one I had already somewhat build (+hp, -atk) into her.

Evil Heroes banner, sweet. Although evil personas may be cliched, I get excited about them all the same.

However... I'm not a big fan of the characters they chose, except Robin. That's mostly because I don't know the games and stories of the others, including Takumi. Is he even possessed at some point? IDK. IMO other characters would have been more appropriate, namely the aforementioned Lyon, or as I found in the reddit site, Berkut.

But evil Robin, damn, looks really good. Armored Dragon, the weapon and skills, cool stuff. It it only balanced by being weak to Falchion :v

Celica with her Chill Speed got my interest too. Glad to see they are expanding on these Gunnthra-like debuffs.

If they're doing Alter characters now, you know who'd be really fuckin' sweet? Berserk Greil.

Bike is basically Greil already, so it'd be a cool way to introduce him as a different kind of unit. I got reminded because of the new Berserk Ike Ciper card that got revealed a few days ago.

2Y3uaTs.png

Anyways, I'll most likely be focusing on green/blue for this new banner. Celica's neat but she's most likely going to be the one demoted.

However... I'm not a big fan of the characters they chose, except Robin. That's mostly because I don't know the games and stories of the others, including Takumi. Is he even possessed at some point? IDK. IMO other characters would have been more appropriate, namely the aforementioned Lyon, or as I found in the reddit site, Berkut.

To be fair, possessed Takumi is the final boss of Conquest.

Berkut and Ashnard would have to be good guys first. And Lyon, while not fully evil as we have him, is obviously already influenced. Stuff like his "I am the Demon King." line and whatnot.

Datamined stats for the new units.

d8kplvvj6ph01.png

Also, Takumi's bow Skadi has a pretty crazy effect, apparently: Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. At the start of turn 3, foes within 3 columns centered on unit take 10 damage and bonuses on those foes become penalties through their next actions.

EDIT: Woo, pulled a +Def -Spd Hardin after 110 orbs, I wanted him the most at any -Spd nature. Gonna keep on greens a bit longer to see if I can get Grima, gotta grind out some more orbs.

Berkut and Ashnard would have to be good guys first. And Lyon, while not fully evil as we have him, is obviously already influenced. Stuff like his "I am the Demon King." line and whatnot.

What do you mean with this? Hardin also was good first, and yet was introduced to FeH with an evil form. And there is already a "good" form for Berkut in the game.

Anyway, seems Robin is an armored heavy hitter like Winter Chrom and Effie, and with a super-boon on ATK to boot. Sucks that its Speed is higher when those stats could have been distributed elsewhere, and with skills like Bold Fighter, Vantage, Riposte, etc. around, that extra Speed doesn't really help.

As for me, I will roll for both Reds and Greens hoping for either Fallen Robin or Celica, whoever comes first. Although I want to be more conservative from now on with Orbs since I'm running out of space for more Heroes and I would rather reserve orbs for characters that really get my attention, namely alternate forms for Nephenee, Elincia, random new characters, etc. I may very well stop after the first Rank5 I get from that banner.

I'm talking about in their base games. Berkut and Ashnard weren't good guys, it's hard to be a "Fallen Hero" without being a hero first. Obviously the term "hero" could be interpreted loosely but it's obvious the theme of this banner is good guys turned bad. Outside of their respective evil possession bits, the 3 new units we've got were good guys first.

Anyways, I really liked this new story chapter. Laegjarn is awesome, and with some people hoping she would be a Legendary Hero, I'm inclined to agree. Her personality is cool and her interactions with her sister were really nice. I always appreciate character development.

If that were the case that she's an upcoming Legendary Hero I could imagine it being fit into the story with something like Laevateinn being ordered to set herself ablaze by Surtr (there's no way they would bring that up if it won't be used later on, it's a death flag if I've ever seen one, and she seems like someone who follows orders no matter what) and after she dies from it Laegjarn turns on him. Seems like her highest priority when it comes to family is Laevateinn, I could imagine her betraying her father over something like that.

Ah, I see what you meant. I was thinking Ashnard used to be good before, but that actually isn't the case.

Just playing the latest chapter and I cannot but think of this theory that was shared in Reddit: Laevatein being kidnapped sister of Fjorm, most likely by Loki. It was highlighted how they both had nordic-ish names and gradient hair colors, and one line of Gunnthra says "all siblings", implying the 2 are not the only ones. Meanwhile, due to Laevatein personality, it was brought up that she could have been brainwashed, or rather possessed by her weapon which before Laegjarn explained why she had the name usually given to a weapon.

Anyway, I find surprising how this "kidnap & brainwash" theory could still make sense... but with Laegjarn. I mean, the story does point out how she is the most benevolent of the Muspellians, and maybe it's just me but her hair color kind of stands out with the green tone and pink bang, it reminds me of the Fjorm sisters.

Then again, with Laegjarn also having a name based on nordic mythos, and that same pink bang also matching Laevatein's pink hair, I'm not truly convinced about this theory anymore.

As for Laegjarn becoming a Legendary Hero, I don't expect it anytime soon, IMO. I think IS strategy is to leave the bad guys as Legendary Heroes for much later, you know, for the long run. Heck, they introduced a brand new character, Gunnthra, before turning Bruno or Veronica into Legendary Heroes. I'm lookng forward to both her and Laevatein, though.

A bit off-topic but speaking of Legendary Heroes, something I would like to see is Legendary forms of Alfonse and Sharena. I know they are the face of the game but come on, IMo hey deserve to be good and the free units players get aren't quite pulling their weight. If they don't get upgrades through refines, etc. at least I want to see top tier versions of them.

Datamined stats for the new units.

d8kplvvj6ph01.png

Also, Takumi's bow Skadi has a pretty crazy effect, apparently: Effective against flying foes. Grants Spd+3. At the start of turn 3, foes within 3 columns centered on unit take 10 damage and bonuses on those foes become penalties through their next actions.

EDIT: Woo, pulled a +Def -Spd Hardin after 110 orbs, I wanted him the most at any -Spd nature. Gonna keep on greens a bit longer to see if I can get Grima, gotta grind out some more orbs.

I mean, crazy berkut, you know, when he KILLED his lover, and Ashnard from PoR Hard Mode when he gets back up after being beaten once.

And We heard evil Mike a few times. Imagine if you would, 4kids Leonardo from the first half of season 4, have that merged with Anankos in the Conquest route final boss.

Three tries on this banner, who do I end up with? Sonya. Not that it's a bad thing.

One more thing, just remember:

A Madness Radiance banner with Berserk Ike Greil, Mad King Ashnard, Feral Rajaion and Rider Bertham, please!

Maybe we need something with a little more... goodness.

I know: We have Florina, and Shanna. Why not have an Elibian Pegasus Banner:

Flier of Honor: Fiora She's have a HorseSlayer, better stats than Florina, and a better kit.

Greedy Flier: Farina. A Killer Lance with Sol.

Caring Flier: Juno.

Strict Flier: Thea.

Anyway, Ashnard would be a wyvern rider with his... Does he have a Sword or an axe?

And Rajaion without his rider? That would be interesting to see. We do need more dragon units that's for sure.

Anyway, My Sonya, she's +HP -ATK. But it shouldn't matter if her special triggers.

Archived