Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Not a legendary yet, but something I expected even less: a seasonal for Elincia. Well played, IS.

Will definitely roll until I get her.

Speaking of rolling, decided to make some barracks space to roll for Summer Linde before the banner expired, and thankfully enough I got her. Not so thankfully, she is +Res/-Spd, and Spd is the stat she wants the most because of Starfish >.>

Got a Genny in the process too, but without remarkable traits.

Also I got Azura on the free roll from the recent "Weapon Triangle" banner. Unsurprisingly she got not so desirable IVs, +Res/-Atk.

Really wish the IV system was more like Pokemon: they all have base stats, and can get, let's say +6 stats randomly distributed, with a cap of +3 on each stat. That way, one would never feel it's getting an unit with reduced stats, and whales would have to whale harder for more optimal units. It's a win-win xD

First, I knew you'd want the Elincia lol

Second, honestly it's less IV and more Natures when you really come down to it.

Also going mostly for Ryoma or Micky-Sue because I like their designs in this

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It kind of bothers me that a lot of cool daggers are seasonal exclusive. Given "Kagami mochi+" has gotten a non-seasonal variant in "Barb shuriken+" (and "Wo gùn" for "Giant spoon"), there is hope that these new weapons might get added to the regular pool as well in the form of "Hunter's knife", "Sting shuriken", and maybe "Kris knife"(though that one was effective against monsters instead of dragons). Anyhow, the weapon effects seem quite nice. Not quite sure whether the "hardy bearing" effect is all that useful for them, but Is suppose it helps beat vantage users.

It does however make me wonder whether we will soon see a refinement for "Poison dagger+" and "Kitty paddle+". They have way lower might than the new weapons, the defuffs only affect the target of the attack (and only if it deals effective damage against them, making it rather pointless), and don't have another effect built-in... for better or worse.

Not a legendary yet, but something I expected even less: a seasonal for Elincia. Well played, IS.

Will definitely roll until I get her.

Speaking of rolling, decided to make some barracks space to roll for Summer Linde before the banner expired, and thankfully enough I got her. Not so thankfully, she is +Res/-Spd, and Spd is the stat she wants the most because of Starfish >.>

Got a Genny in the process too, but without remarkable traits.

Also I got Azura on the free roll from the recent "Weapon Triangle" banner. Unsurprisingly she got not so desirable IVs, +Res/-Atk.

Really wish the IV system was more like Pokemon: they all have base stats, and can get, let's say +6 stats randomly distributed, with a cap of +3 on each stat. That way, one would never feel it's getting an unit with reduced stats, and whales would have to whale harder for more optimal units. It's a win-win xD

They call it CYL because you actually pick which character you want to get out of 4. They did so with the brave variants last year. Don't see why they won't do so again.

They call it CYL because you actually pick which character you want to get out of 4. They did so with the brave variants last year. Don't see why they won't do so again.

Right. But they released a banner with them as well.

And knowing my luck with "natures", I don't hope will get a good Brave Veronica from the free pick, so I want a reserve of orbs to roll for her. That, or may want to roll for any of the other CYL winners if I find them cool enough.

Right. But they released a banner with them as well.

And knowing my luck with "natures", I don't hope will get a good Brave Veronica from the free pick, so I want a reserve of orbs to roll for her. That, or may want to roll for any of the other CYL winners if I find them cool enough.

I think the IV's will be neutral for the free pick so you won't have to worry about getting a bad IV.

I think the IV's will be neutral for the free pick so you won't have to worry about getting a bad IV.

Oh, so the free pull is always neutral. Assumed the free Brave Ike I picked was neutral just by chance.

Then, I will be rolling for Veronica in hopes of a favorable nature.

Oh, so the free pull is always neutral. Assumed the free Brave Ike I picked was neutral just by chance.

Then, I will be rolling for Veronica in hopes of a favorable nature.

It will be a freebie, one of 4 actually.

Now that I think about it, with the end of book 2 closing in, the timing couldn't be more perfect.

It will be a freebie, one of 4 actually.

Now that I think about it, with the end of book 2 closing in, the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Uh... yes, I already knew and acknowledged that. IDK why you are repeating it.

I meant that in addition to the free Veronica, I will want to roll for another one with favorable IVs. Or I can use the free pull for a different CYL that will be average anyway because of neutral stats. In any case, will want orbs for Veronica.

Uh... yes, I already knew and acknowledged that. IDK why you are repeating it.

I meant that in addition to the free Veronica, I will want to roll for another one with favorable IVs. Or I can use the free pull for a different CYL that will be average anyway because of neutral stats. In any case, will want orbs for Veronica.

But I wonder what this Veronica will be like:

And remember what I said about book 2 closing? Maybe this Veronica will be just that: A new variant.

[spoiler I can see it now]

Before the Rite of Flames can be finished, Surtr takes heavy damage.

(I'm not sure if he begs though).

Not wanting to give up without a fight, Surtr tries throwing Veronica in to regain his power, but the tables turn as Zacharias saves Veronica and attacks Surtr in his weakened state.

I imagine the rite of flames takes place in a temple with an altar of flame and the people of all worlds are just firewood.

Veronica, after learning of Surtr's chanting, recites the chant and by using Surtr himself as a sacrifice, embues the power of the Flames of Muspell, becoming Flame Princess Veronica, and her tome is changed to have a flame effect.

I don't really expect any changes in the story. I doubt they had alternative story plans in case any of the Heroes original characters won any CYL and I don't see them reworking whatever plans they already had just for the sake of CYL. I'm betting the will simply introduce Veronica as if she was from an alternate world/realm, like Spring Alfonse and Sharena.

After the game messed with me with multiple banners with a single green orb, and a couple with none at all, I got Estive Elincia. However, it messed with me again with a +HP/-Spd spread. It's a superboon, but Spd is her best stat >.>

I'm tired of these bad natures. I don't think I have any optimal Rank5 unit at all, actually. My best ones are +Atk/-HP, when -Def or -Res would have been ideal. Even my potentially stronger unit, Winter Chrom with 3 merges I have on reserve, is +Res/-Spd, so a mixed tank.

After the game messed with me with multiple banners with a single green orb, and a couple with none at all, I got Estive Elincia. However, it messed with me again with a +HP/-Spd spread. It's a superboon, but Spd is her best stat >.>

I'm tired of these bad natures. I don't think I have any optimal Rank5 unit at all, actually. My best ones are +Atk/-HP, when -Def or -Res would have been ideal. Even my potentially stronger unit, Winter Chrom with 3 merges I have on reserve, is +Res/-Spd, so a mixed tank.

My first green orb, I got... Deirdre, -spd + def.

Bring on the Chapter 12 book 2 banner!

Got a new phone today, so have a second account. Starting of with getting 45 orbs is nice. Anyway for the free summons, I got a WT!Olwen and a 4* Roderick (both +Atk/-Spd), and 4*Able (+Def/-Res), and a 4* Joerge (+HP/-Res). Add in the free B!Lyn you get, I am almost there to a full cavalry team.

The nature for your Elincia has some merit, in that it lets her score a tad higher in arena than if she had any other boon… but as a ranged dancer, she will make your score plummet regardless. Though they can be used to great effect in arena assault, where having multiple different singers/dancers can be benificial. Singers/Dancers have little reason to be involved in combat in the first place, so a bad nature for them isn't as bad compared to most others. But I get that it is annoying, especially on a unit you like.

Unless you mean 5 star exclusives, it might be easier to choose a unit from the 3~4 star pool and upgrade that one. You are more likely to summon multiples of them (due to their higher appearancw rate), and thus a greater chance at a perfect nature (and merges). As for perfect natures, them might differ depending on how you look at it. Sheena and Gwendolyn both have less than stellar speed (25 and 24 respectively), but that is their only stat with a superboon; which lets them score higher in arena. As such a suboptimal nature can be considered optimal. A bane in HP can make it easier to safely reach thresholds for skills like "Desperation", and can be useful for a receiver in "Infantry pulse" teams.

Anyhow, on the first round gave me 1 red stone and 4 green; 1 of them contained a "Sonya: Vengeful mage" (+res, -hp), the rest was generic. Sonya's nature is usable for ploying enemies, and instantly charging her special with the help to "Infantry pulse"… if only that skill was easier to obtain.

Got a "Micaiah: Summer's dawn" (+def, -hp) on the next round. Not the best nature, could be worse. Gave her "Wings of mercy", as it is a great skill for dancers in general. Should there be a weakened opponent next to the ally she is warping to, she can aslo try to safely pick them of thanks to "Hardy bearing" that is built into her weapon.

Amazing luck, but I'm not really planning to see for how long it holds up, so I will leave the banner for what it is.

The nature for your Elincia has some merit, in that it lets her score a tad higher in arena than if she had any other boon… but as a ranged dancer, she will make your score plummet regardless. Though they can be used to great effect in arena assault, where having multiple different singers/dancers can be benificial. Singers/Dancers have little reason to be involved in combat in the first place, so a bad nature for them isn't as bad compared to most others. But I get that it is annoying, especially on a unit you like.

Unless you mean 5 star exclusives, it might be easier to choose a unit from the 3~4 star pool and upgrade that one. You are more likely to summon multiples of them (due to their higher appearancw rate), and thus a greater chance at a perfect nature (and merges). As for perfect natures, them might differ depending on how you look at it. Sheena and Gwendolyn both have less than stellar speed (25 and 24 respectively), but that is their only stat with a superboon; which lets them score higher in arena. As such a suboptimal nature can be considered optimal. A bane in HP can make it easier to safely reach thresholds for skills like "Desperation", and can be useful for a receiver in "Infantry pulse" teams.

I'm not an arena guy, so I am not really interested in the super boon. Besides, if I was in the arena for the scores, I wouldn't have any dancers in the team.

Indeed, I meant Rank5 exclusives. I do have a few Rank3~4 turned into Rank5 already. Still waiting for an ideal Nino >.>

I read that +Atk/+Spd and - Def is the way to go.

[spoiler My prediction for Chapter 12 Book 2 Banner]

"Allies of Valentia"

Sky Trainee Emma

Voiced by Cherami Leigh

Class: Falcon Knight

Weapon: Lance

Skills at Rank 5:

Kreimhild: Grants +5 in DEF and Res

Astra

ATK +3

Vantage 3

Easy Rider Randal

Voiced by J. Joe Thomas

Class: Paladin

Weapon: Axe

Skills at Rank 5:

Basilikos

Fortress Def 3

Chill Def 3

Luna

Strict Samurai Yuzu

Voiced by Lauren Landa

Class: Samurai

Weapon: Sword

Skills at Rank 5:

Swift Sparrow 2

Vantage 3

Astra

Warrior's Sword

Shadow Teacher Shade

Voiced by Kate Higgins

Class: Dark Mage (Red Tome User)

Weapon: Red Tome

Skills at Rank 5:

Mirror Strike 2

Renewal 3

Breath of Life 3

Glacies

Fenrir +

[spoiler Also, my prediction for characters for Book 2 Chapter 13]

Note that like Book 1 Chapter 9, these "Heroes" will appear in Grand Hero Battles

Book 2 Chapter 13 Part 1 Perfect Loyalty

Perfect Morph Sonia

Infantry Sage voiced by LAURA FREAKIN' BAILEY (This is a perfect role for her BRING HER BACK IS)

Loyal Vassal Brunnya

Infantry Sage voiced by Tara Platt

Book 2 Chapter 13 Part 2 The Mad Kings

Plegian King Gangrel

Infantry Sword unit voiced by Anthony Jenkins or someone like him.

Daein King Ashnard

Flying Wyvern Sword Unit voiced by Patrick Seitz

Book 2 Chapter 13 Part 3 Soldiers of Evil

Tiger Eye Caellach

Infantry Sword unit voiced by Matt Mercer

Loptyr Cultist Manfroy

Infantry Red Tome unit voiced by Travis Willingham

Book 2 Chapter 13 Part 4 Villains from beyond

Medeus Servant Gharnef

Infantry red tome unit voiced by DC Douglas

Dread Mage Iago

Infantry Red Tome Unit voiced by Kirk Thornton

Book 2 Chapter 13 Part 5 Rite of Flames

Duma Faithful Jedah

Infantry Red tome unit voiced by Richard Epcar

Eternal Beauty Nuibaba

Infantry Red Tome unit voiced by Cindy Robinson

bump: why is everyone always ignoring my ideas?

Most of your ideas seem to be units you want to get added, and the voice actor you think would suit them. Aside from consistency for a character's voice, I don't really care for which voice actor is used. That leaves your selection of characters; as I have played only 4 of the 14(?) games ("Sacred stones", "Awakening", "Fates", and "Shadows of Valentia"), I don't know a lot of units. Most of the units you list seem to be from outside of this pool, even if you classify them as being from one of those games; I don't remember encountering Emma, Randal, Yuzu and Shade on my playthrough of SoV. It should thus come as no surprise that I typically don't participate in the discussion (or lack thereof).

Then there is the point of discussing theoretical units; what do we gain from it? While there is a chance that we might get close to the actual build of a unit when(/if) it gets released, it is more likely that Intelligent Systems will deviate from it. Sometimes I think of skills that would be cool if they were added. For example, before Grima (F) was revealed I would have made "Dragonskin" a B-skill (exclusive to units like Validar and Garon) that halves damage if the opponent doesn't deal effective damage, but adds dragon weakness. It however became an A-skill that combines "Bracing stance 2" and "Iote's Shield"; whereas (a watered down version of) that effect got used for Julius's tome. It wouldn't have really helped discussing this prior, right?

Anyhow, based on the recently revealed calendar, we know that the units on the next two banners will get added to the regular summonong pool (they are classified as "New heroes", as opposed to "Special heroes" typically used for seasonals). The first of those banners runs unusually long for a new heroes banner, overlapping for a week with the next one. I wonder whether it could be the "choose your legends" banner; it showed up during the end of august last year, and could explain why it runs longer… time will tell. In which case I wonder who would be the grand hero battle (and to lesser extend legendary hero) while that banner runs; as of late they seem to have been related to the active new heroes banners. Maybe Veronica/Bruno for the GHB, and Hrìd (Fjorm's brother) as legendary hero?

Most of your ideas seem to be units you want to get added, and the voice actor you think would suit them. Aside from consistency for a character's voice, I don't really care for which voice actor is used. That leaves your selection of characters; as I have played only 4 of the 14(?) games ("Sacred stones", "Awakening", "Fates", and "Shadows of Valentia"), I don't know a lot of units. Most of the units you list seem to be from outside of this pool, even if you classify them as being from one of those games; I don't remember encountering Emma, Randal, Yuzu and Shade on my playthrough of SoV. It should thus come as no surprise that I typically don't participate in the discussion (or lack thereof).

Then there is the point of discussing theoretical units; what do we gain from it? While there is a chance that we might get close to the actual build of a unit when(/if) it gets released, it is more likely that Intelligent Systems will deviate from it. Sometimes I think of skills that would be cool if they were added. For example, before Grima (F) was revealed I would have made "Dragonskin" a B-skill (exclusive to units like Validar and Garon) that halves damage if the opponent doesn't deal effective damage, but adds dragon weakness. It however became an A-skill that combines "Bracing stance 2" and "Iote's Shield"; whereas (a watered down version of) that effect got used for Julius's tome. It wouldn't have really helped discussing this prior, right?

Anyhow, based on the recently revealed calendar, we know that the units on the next two banners will get added to the regular summonong pool (they are classified as "New heroes", as opposed to "Special heroes" typically used for seasonals). The first of those banners runs unusually long for a new heroes banner, overlapping for a week with the next one. I wonder whether it could be the "choose your legends" banner; it showed up during the end of august last year, and could explain why it runs longer… time will tell. In which case I wonder who would be the grand hero battle (and to lesser extend legendary hero) while that banner runs; as of late they seem to have been related to the active new heroes banners. Maybe Veronica/Bruno for the GHB, and Hrìd (Fjorm's brother) as legendary hero?

1. They were the original voice actors of the voiced games. I'd rather not have Shade have the same va as IF from the Anime of Hyperdimension Neptunia.
  2. Ashnard was the main antagonist of Path of Radiance.
  3. Sonia was an antagonist from Blazing Blade, and the similarities between her and Lust from Full Metal Alchemist are striking, so why not have them share the same va. Plus I'm not fond of Alexis Tipton's take on Lucina.
  4. Brunnya was a quarter-final boss from Binding Blade. With the right steps she can be fought.
  5. How can you not know who Gharnef is? He's the founder of his own archetype and the main antagonist of the original FE. Plus he got a voice in Warriors.
  6. Emma, Randal, Yuzu and Shade were additional DLC units added in the season pass of SoV. You never purchased it?
  7. Hrid as a Legendary? That will cause more players to pool in cash for orbs for this guy. What if his kit is worthless?

And now that I have attention, I kinda have bad news.

This months TT+ will have Alphonse, Sharena, Maskcina, Black Knight, Joshua, Arden, Clive and Tobin as bonus heroes. Notice a problem?

Not that there's anything wrong with BK as a bonus hero, it's just that there are no green units for balance.

Been getting decent red pulls on my alt, with 2 Karlas (+Atk/-HP, and +Res/-Atk), a Lyn (+Hp/-Atk, so not great, but Wrath and Brazen Atk/Def helps), and a Sigurd (+Atk/-Def). Also managed to get a neutral Dancer Elincia, so that is good.

On my main I managed to get a better Ryoma (+Spd/-Res), a Blue Olwen (can't remember the IVs and she is currently level 20, though I believe she is +Def), and a Dorcas (+Spd/-HP). Probably going to fodder Dorcas off for Quick Riposte.

So I ended up just continuing to pull on the Hoshidan Summer banner. My logic is that since we'll almost assuredly get our free pick of unit for CYL2 I'll have my Veronica guaranteed, plus all the CYL2 units will be permanent additions to the pool unlike these seasonals.

And I finally got Elincia. +Def -HP so pretty irrelevant IVs for the most part, but I'm happy to have her.

Archived