Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get a neutral Leo while going for Laevatein, which is annoying as I don't have much use for him though he was the only Fates royal I was missing excluding alts. Probably just going to fodder him off for Quick Riposte after getting him to level 40, unless I manage to get another Katarina before then.

Not overly fussed on the legendary banner, L!Tiki would be nice to have but Laevatein and Laegjarn are units I want more so I'm skipping it.

New update is on the way with Abyssal difficult added to the first batch of the daily GHBs; a lite data version; weapon refines for Innes, Tana, and Lon'qu; and being able to name favourites.

Only really interested in what Tana's refine will be as I haven't got Innes or Lon'qu, though it'll probably have to wait as I need to get more stones and dew as I was prioritizing Katarina.

Most legendary weapons from Sacred Stones are somewhat lackluster in this game, making it so that a character might be better of with a generic weapon; "Great flame", "Garm", and maybe "Flame Siegmund" being the only notable unrefined weapons (3 out if 14). So it is nice that they are giving them refinements. If Intelligent Systems were to add monsters, most of those weapons could get effectivness against them as a sort of buff for PvE content… but that might be a tad unlikely.

I hope that Innes doesn't get built-in ploys, or an effect involving his resistance for that matter, given mine is -res (+atk, so not all bad). Assuming they don't change the owl effect, he could benefit from a "bond skill" which is usually a somewhat disappointing option. A "Solo" skill could be interesting as well, and might suit his character better; protecting a fron-line unit by rushing ahead of them, or instructing his bodygaurds to leave in other to save themselves.

Tana will probably get a slightly less restricted version of the current effect regardless of the chosen refinement. The effect might take the tank build further, or suit her stat-line better. Not that it matters all that much to me; I don't havr her yet.

Might upgrade a Lon'qu if his weapon has its merit. Have thought of doing it before, but he didn't really have something to set him appart from all other infantry sword units. Another reason is that I recently got legendary young Tiki (+speed, -hp) as my free summon, so I now have a variant of all units he was babysitting in that one comic.

As for the grand hero battles, they only stated that you get an accessory; I wonder if it comes alongside another copy of the unit to merge, or in place of. Not that I'm particularly hyped for any of those units; but the same migjt happen in the future for ones I do want more copies for: Kana M, and Lyon.

Depending on the quality of the lie version resources, I might use those instead.

Probably so. On the other hand, you have players like PheonixMaster1 and Brotel who have managed to beat most(/all?) abyssal maps with F2P/cheap units. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did so with these new maps. In that regard it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Either way, lets hope extra copies aren't locked behind quests with too limiting requirements (like beating the abyssal unit with a specific character).

New Halloween units have been revealed.

Flying healer Mia, armored green dagger user Kagero, armired blue bow user Niles, and armored red dragon Myrrh. Dorcas is announced as Tempest trials reward (his title, "Pumpkin smasher", makes me think he will be an axe user).

Kagero and Niles have "Guard" built into their weapon, without the hp requirement. After combat Mia discharges the enemy special, while also inflicing a status condition on the enemy that slows their special trigger, similar to guard. Myrrh's weapon lets her make a guaranteed follow-up attack if her Defense is at least 5 points higher than her enemy.

As for the rest of their skills:

Mia comes with "Recover+", "Heavenly light", "speed/res bond 3" and "Hone fliers".

Kagero has "Dragonic aura", "Mirror strike 2", "Bold fighter 3", and "Even atk wave 3".

Niles has "Smite", "Swift sparrow 2", "Atk/speed link", and"Fortify armor".

Myrrh gets "Bonfire", "Def/res +2", "Vengeful fighter 3", and "Armor march 3".

Out of those units I want Myrrh, and Mia most.

In other news, if everyone uses the skill "Fury" a lot in the next few days, Everyone gets a free 4 star Hinata. They have announced more similar quests will be coming as well, I have also seen people point put that a Japanese tweet of intelligent systems indicates that we might also get copies of grand hero battles/tempest trials rewards this way; we will have to wait and see whether this statement is true.

Not too impressed by the banner. None of the characters are among my top favorites, and 3/4 of them are armor catering but I do appreciate their unique typings. If anything, I would go for Mia because of the novelty of a healer flier. Disappointed to see the shoehorned booby fanservice didn't stop, this time with Kagero. Is she the new Camilla? xD

Also, wish IS explored more movement types with alternate mounts, like Halloween Nowi & now Mia who ride brooms rather than a pegasus or wyvern. Would like to see more of this. For instance, an steampunk or karakuri banner with Mechanists riding automatons as cavalry or flying mounts.

Halloween Niles interests me because we now have another armored bow user besides Halloween Jakob, but I wonder if Niles will be as powerful as Jakob with a Bold Fighter/Brave Bow/Ignis or Glacies skill set.

While Mia is certainly interesting, she won't be my main target for this banner. My main target will be Halloween Myrrh, mainly because she is an armored dragon. And since my only armored dragon is a -atk +spd Grima, Myrrh would be a nice addition to have. After I get Myrrh, I'll probably go for either Mia or Niles.

Kagero doesn't interest me that much because when I want a dagger thrower, I don't want them to be a slow armor unit(although, I do like her art).

Not sure if I'm going to summon off this banner. I don't really enjoy using armour teams so despite how good they may end up Myrrh, Niles and Kagero don't really interested. I am kind of interested in Mia as a Flying Healer has plenty of utility, and her staff is useful, but I'm low on orbs and I do want to save for when Ilyana/Astrid/Valkyrie Mist or Neimi/Colm/Vanessa are added. Halloween Dorcas being a free unit is useful though.

EDIT: Managed to pull both Leagjarn (+Atk/-HP) and Laevatein (+HP/-Res) on my second account. Leagjarn's IVs are great, and Laevatein's Atk is untouched and more HP does increase her physical bulk. So I'm finished with this banner as I've got all three Muspell generals across my two accounts, though my Helbindi is +Spd/-Atk so doesn't have the greatest of IVs.

Halloween unit stats:

50l5hbyce2r11.png?width=1024&s=f2312b1f2

BST:
Mia: 150
Kagero: 165
Niles: 164
Myrrh: 179
Dorcas: 173

Superboons:
Mia: HP
Kagero: None
Niles: HP, Def
Myrrh: Atk, Spd

Superbanes:
Mia: Res
Kagero: HP
Niles: Res
Myrrh: Def

Halloween Dorcas' skills are:
Weapon - Hack-o'-Lantern+: Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
Assist: Swap
A: Sturdy Stance 2 (4*)
B: Wary Fighter 3 (5*)

TT seals are Spd/Def, Darting Stance, and Brazen Atk/Res.

Refines for Tana, Innes, and Lon'qu:
QUEBgM6.jpg?1mH9uq5K.png?1TbLyL2H.png?1

These are the accessories you can get from the Abyssal GHBs:
xie3kq8l32r11.png?width=693&s=96abad1c58

Praise golden ducky.

EDIT: So Narcian's Abyssal is pretty darn easy if you've got a decent flier team.

Being able to get Alfonse +21 Atk/14 Def/7 Res or Celica with +21 Atk/14 Spd/7 Res seems really fun, and in general Brazen Atk/Res is going to be useful. Might use Darting Stance for W!Robin/Amelia to help their enemy phase as they are built more for the player phase.

Don't have much to say on the refines as Tana is the only one I have and I don't use her that much as her nature isn't great when compared to my other blue fliers.

Already have Dorcas (+hp, -atk), Mia (+speed, -hp) and Myrrh (+def, -hp); so I'm good in the bonus unit department. Myrrh has been been one of my go-to units during the past tempest trials... and content in general, so I'm quite happy that she is a bonus unit herself now. I hardly use the other two, though it might be a reason to use them some more. But I'm still interested in the other units.

I have waiting for a flying healer ever since the weapon refinement (and thus healer buff) was introduced. It is my favorite movement type, and healers are quite useful as well. So in that regard, Mia would be a great addition to my team; especially considering I don't know how long it will take before another flying healer gets added.

Sacred Stones is my favorite enty in the series, so that explains Myrrh; and it helps that she is looking like a quite potent unit. She would also nicely round out my armored dragon team (even if stacking the same weakness might not necessarily be the best idea; I suppose it is a good thing colorless armor slayers are rare).

Niles has a decent support kit, while also having potential as one of two ranged units with guaranteed quads (albeit requiring some expensive skills to do so).

Kagero probably has a niche as well; she is the unit I'm least interested in on this banner. Might have been a different story if the weapons from the summer festival were in the regular summoning pool as well, or if she had a different color affinity; green is probably the most contested color among (armored) units in my barracks: Sheena, Amelia, Hector, Legendary Hector, Ephraim, Grima, and Henry. Meanwhile I don't have any colorless armored units (granted only one currently exists), so that would have been a better color for her as far as I'm concerned... though this way she is less likely to get in the way of summoning Mia.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying on the new Halloween banner, but I have been pitybroken 4 times already by Swordhardt, Maribelle, Brave Roy and Sigurd, coincidentally all of them cavalry, and Maribelle is an unit I wished to get eventually so she is welcomed.

Well, to be fair I got Maribelle early, before building any pity rate, so can't say she pitybroke me.

On the other hand, in the older Halloween banner, there were 2 green orbs in the first session and.... yeah, both were Halloween Henries so, lucky me, huh

I have yet to check the stats of any of them, or even from my previous banners. I'm not dedicating too much to the game lately, playing the minimum to get some orbs and rewards.

Archived