Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Hrid's gotta be a Legendary Hero, then. I wasn't expecting this. I think the thing I'm most excited for is seeing some more of the real Ylgr's character, what little we saw of her interacting with Helbindi and Veronica was fun. Their skills are good but I'm not sure if I'll pull for any of them.

Looking back over the event schedule, the Forging Bonds event starts the same day the Legendary banner drops, and there is a GHB before then. So they could be trying to get the other story characters out before Book 3, meaning Veronica/Bruno could be the GHB, along with Hrid as the Legendary. Giving Your, Surtr, Veronica/Bruno, and Hrid as our Forging Bond units.

a8unoce07jz11.png?width=489&auto=webp&s=

It's interesting how much of a difference only having 2 units on a banner makes for pull rates. Due to less splitting these are actually statistically higher than Hero Fest (which is higher than Legendary banners) when pulling for any specific unit.

Also I made a thing: https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9ypzdv/things_are_gonna_be_real_awkward_for_surtr/

Decided to see if I could get Ylgr or Surtr, and got a +Atk/-Def Ylgr in 45 orbs, so that's good. Not sure if I'll keep Sorcery Blade or switch it out for Life and Death or another A-skill.

EDIT: Decided to pull again and got a +Spd/-Res Surtr, which it not a great boon at all, but will do for the next arena season. Getting Silas from this banner as well gives me Steady Stance 3 so I can toss Bonfire from Surtr as well.

The most surprising part of this is that we have a non-Hector with DC in their base A slot. He actually seems quite good, his B skill debuffs someone for him to attack during player phase and after that his C skill debuffs other enemies for him to counter (at any range) during enemy phase. I'm hoping this means he has good defensive stats.

Hopefully I can get an S!Cordelia with good IVs to merge my +Res -Spd one into. >.>

Red is the only good color, Jesus.

Colorless is fine, but it's Grima (again), Noire has a solid skill for fodder, and... who asked for Nina?

Green is awful. Innes is eh, Kana is fine, and Gunnthra again. They're really stingy with Lyn and Hector.

Blue is decent, Hector is good, Bowcina is nice to see again, and... Cordelia is bad.

Red is great, though. Ryoma's a bit of a dud, but Hrid is DC at worst, and Laevateinn is so much good fodder.

This feels more like a roll for your favorites banner than anything.

Muspell generals already in Legendary pools? What about SY!Tiki?

Not too excited about Hrid, personally. He is another Red cavalry when AFAIK there are plenty of good ones already. Besides, recently I got Swordhart, Sigurd and Brave Roy.

Regarding the current banner, cannot but feel Ylgr got an end short of the stick. She has stellar speed and good Atk for it, but most of her kit is about speed, while the effect of her weapon is a swift sparrow look-alike, and that makes her look a bit bland to me. Her A skill is unique, but I'm not sure of its effectiveness plus it the A slot it competes with a handful of good skills. Then add to it that ironically Surtr got trainee status while she, despite being a young girl, didn't. Not to mention that all of her siblings were made as Legendaries.

Muspell generals already in Legendary pools? What about SY!Tiki?

Not too excited about Hrid, personally. He is another Red cavalry when AFAIK there are plenty of good ones already. Besides, recently I got Swordhart, Sigurd and Brave Roy.

Regarding the current banner, cannot but feel Ylgr got an end short of the stick. She has stellar speed and good Atk for it, but most of her kit is about speed, while the effect of her weapon is a swift sparrow look-alike, and that makes her look a bit bland to me. Her A skill is unique, but I'm not sure of its effectiveness plus it the A slot it competes with a handful of good skills. Then add to it that ironically Surtr got trainee status while she, despite being a young girl, didn't. Not to mention that all of her siblings were made as Legendaries.

At very least he's another way to get Distant Counter though.

batmws9k80121.png?width=864&auto=webp&s=

Hrid's lookin' gooooood. Was hoping to see some min/maxing with his Spd and defensive stats. So ideally he goes in, attacking the guy debuffed by his Freezing Seal, then procs Atk Smoke on the others, wrecking everyone involved with guaranteed doubles and no enemy follow-ups while they have reduced attack and he can counter at any range.

Superboons: Atk
Superbanes: HP, Spd, Res

EDIT: So I made a thing upon seeing his speed.
fMvY6bxM5zcMyOf-oGybtfwrAk4Fq9wIzsdI2KK-

Refines for the Whitewings (Whitewing Blade, Lance and Spear), Ogma (Gladiator's Blade), Navarre (Scarlrt Sword), and the Robins (Tactician's Bolt/Gale) have been announced.

Considering Catria is my main merge project I'm happy that she now has a unique weapon. Probably going to be a Slaying Lance base, but here is hoping the effect refine is nice.

Wasn't expecting beast units to be announced yet, but getting them is nice. The summon tickets are also a nice addition, though it is a shame you can't stockpile them like in some other gachas. Eir being a free flying dagger(?) unit should be nice. I am curious to how mythic blessing are going to to differ from legendary blessings, aside from being Aether Raids related.

Eir's super pretty and I love the designs of Hel, Lif, and Thrasir with how you can see their bones through the translucent colored parts.

Also, Lif was the first king of Askr who developed the Aether castles, so I'm guessing that Thrasir is an old queen of Embla. She even looks similar to Veronica, much like Lif looks similar to Alfonse. They also appear to be based on Líf and Lífþrasir, the two humans who survived Ragnarok and then repopulated the world, so I'm wondering if there were any sort of romantic ties between Askr and Embla in the past.

Eir_lv_1__40.png

Stats for Eir. Her weapon grants Res+3, and if her HP is ≥50% grants Atk/Spd +4 and denies enemy follow-up. She also comes with two new skills; Mythic Boost, which disables adaptive damage skills and Wrathful Staff and recovers 2/4/6 HP after combat, and Sparkling Boost, which recovers 10 HP to the ally who has been dealt the most damage at the start of the turn. She also has Swift Sparrow and Iceberg.

EDIT: Managed to pull a neutral Owain and a +Def/-HP Eir from the Hero Fest banner, so I'm finished with it. Getting an Ophelia would've been nice, but two 5*s in 30 orbs isn't bad at all, and I need to save.

Archived