Serpent Night Dragon and Seiyaryu [Written]

BeelzPlays

Hey friends! I'm new to this forum, but I've been lurking and making my own YuGiOh card archetypes/support for years now. I've got a bunch of stuff, but this is my most recent work. Somewhere, a few weeks or months back, somebody posted support for Serpent Night Dragon, and I kinda stole that idea, putting my own spin on it. 

Let me know what you think! I really want comments and criticism, cause I put a whole lot of thought into every archetype I make. I want them to be good (read: balanced).

Sinister Serpent Night Dragon - ******* DARK Dragon/Effect (2350/2400):

If this card is Special Summoned, you can banish exactly 2 monsters from your opponent’s Graveyard whose total Levels equal 7 or more: Special Summon 1 “Serpent Night Dragon” from your Deck or Graveyard, but you cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn, except “Night Dragon” monsters. During your End Phase, if this card was sent from your hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, you can add this card in your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect of “Sinister Serpent Night Dragon” once per turn.

Paladin of Wicked Dragon - **** DARK Warrior/Ritual/Effect (1900/850):

You can Ritual Summon this card using “Ordained at Nightfall”. When this card is Ritual Summoned, it gains ATK equal to the difference between its original Level and the total Levels of the monster(s) Tributed for its Ritual Summon x 200. You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 “Serpent Night Dragon” monster from your hand or Deck.

Ordained at Nightfall - Ritual Spell:

This card is used to Ritual Summon “Paladin of Wicked Dragon”. You must also Tribute monsters you control or that are in your hand whose total Levels equal 4 or more. You can reveal this card and 1 “Serpent Night Dragon” monster in your hand: send both cards to the Graveyard; then, draw 2 cards. You can only activate this effect of “Ordained at Nightfall” once per turn.

Serpent Midnight Dragon - ******* DARK Dragon/XYZ/Effect (2750/2800):

2 Level 7 “Serpent Night Dragon” monsters

When this card is XYZ Summoned, negate the effects of all other face-up cards on the field. While this card has XYZ Material, monsters your opponent controls with ATK that is higher than their DEF lose ATK equal to the difference between their original ATK and DEF. You can detach 1 XYZ Material from this card: this turn, all Battle Damage is doubled. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Blessed Seiyaryu - ******* LIGHT Dragon/Tuner/Effect (2500/2300):

If this card is Special Summoned, you can make this card’s ATK and DEF 0: Special Summon 1 “Seiyaryu” from your Deck or Graveyard; and if you do, this card’s Level becomes 4, but you cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn, except for “Seiyaryu” monsters. You can return this face-up card to the hand: destroy all monsters your opponent controls with 2500 ATK or less. You can only activate each effect of “Blessed Seiyaryu” once per turn.

Paladin of Holy Dragon - **** LIGHT Warrior/Ritual/Effect (1900/1900):

You can Ritual Summon this card using “Glittering Emergence”. Once per turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: that target loses ATK equal to the difference between its original ATK and this card’s original ATK until the End Phase. You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 “Seiyaryu” monster from your hand or Deck.

Glittering Emergence - Ritual Spell:

This card is used to Ritual Summon “Paladin of Holy Dragon”. You must also Tribute monsters you control or that are in your hand whose total Levels equal 4 or more. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can activate this effect: place this card from your Graveyard on top of your Deck; also your opponent selects 1 card in their hand and places it on top of their Deck. You can only activate this effect of “Glittering Emergence” once per turn.

Consecrated Tarragon, Seiyaryu - *********** LIGHT Dragon/Synchro/Effect (3000/2300):

1 “Blessed Seiyaryu” + 1 Dragon Non-tuner monster

When a DARK-Attribute monster activates an effect or declares an attack: destroy that monster; and if you do, banish it. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: that target’s Attribute becomes DARK. Neither player can activate cards or card effects as a Chain Link 3 or higher.

Eclipse Harmony - Continuous Spell:

Once per turn, you can banish 1 “Seiyaryu” and 1 “Serpent Night Dragon” from your hand, field, or Graveyard: banish 1 card from your opponent’s field, and 1 random card from your opponent’s hand. You can Special Summon 1 “Seiyaryu” monster or 1 “Serpent Night Dragon” monster from your hand; then, destroy this card.

Hey, welcome! This looks interesting, let me throw out what I think of some of these cards.

I think Eclipse Harmony would need to be worded "Banish 1 card your opponent controls and 1 random card from your opponent's hand" to be proper, but I like how you tied the two dragons together - I'd never considered them as opposites before, I always considered Hyozanryu as Serpent Night Dragon's opposite, but this works too.

Consecrated Tarragon, Seiyaryu could probably stand to drop the Summon scrapper or else be changed to a "You may only use this effect X per turn" type of thing, and I'm not sure how to take the Chain Link shutdown as it more often than not will just keep you from doing anything when your opponent activates a card effect to negate one of your cards. I would also make it Level 11 so that your Blessed Seiyaryu's Level change means something.

Speaking of Blessed Seiyaryu, a Level 7 Tuner's going to be very difficult to practically use, even though it can change to Level 4. I'd also make it say "You may only use one effect of "Blessed Seiyaryu" per turn, and only once that turn."

I need clarification for Serpent Midnight Dragon - does it only negate the cards until the end of the turn?

Ordained at Nightfall is almost as good as Ixchel as far as I'm concerned - you could honestly skip ever using the Ritual Monster for it and just use it as a "Discard one "Serpent Night Dragon" card; Draw 2 cards" Spell.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I spent a huge portion of my time trying to find a card that I thought existed with card text that I based the wording for "Eclipse Harmony" on, but I just couldn't find it, so maybe I made it up haha! So, I'll change that card effect to what you suggested.

Are you saying that "Consecrated Tarragon, Seiyaryu" just needs to lose the portion of its effect that destroys dark monster when summoned? Cause I think I can deal with that change. And my reasoning behind the Chain Link restriction was so that you could chain Tarragon to your opponent's monster effect making it DARK and destroying it without your opponent being able to activate "Break Through Skill" or "Solemn Strike" in response. (Also, I thought I had made Tarragon level 11, oops!)

If Blessed Seiyaryu is tough to use, then why the concern over whether you can activate its effect only once per turn? I can be persuaded to change it, but I think the summoning restriction balances out the potential abuse it could garner.

Serpent Midnight Dragon negates forever, but only the cards that were face-up on the field when it was summoned. Set cards are not negated, and any card your opponent plays after its summon is not negated.

Would it balance Ordained at Nightfall out if I changed it so that you specifically had to send THE Serpent Night Dragon, not just ANY Serpent Night Dragon? Or should I leave it the way it is and just except that people wouldn't run the actual Ritual Monster and just toolbox the Ritual Spell?

With Ordained at Nightfall, I'd say just leave it because if someone uses it it means someone will at least be trying to use some kind of Serpent Night Dragon card if not the original.

Consecrated Seiyaryu could probably be left as-is, I just feel like the chain restriction should only be for your opponent as it otherwise doesn't feel super great since you can't stop your opponent from negating your stuff.

Blessed Seiyaryu could be left alone, it's just that the only reason I'd run a Level 7 Tuner in a Deck is for Ultimaya Tzolkin, and it has to be Special Summoned to trigger, plus the way it's worded means it only changes Level IF you Special Summon a Seiyaryu. To fix this, the card would need to be worded "Special Summon one "Seiyaryu" from your Deck, also make the Level of this card 4."

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps to make it easier to understand, word it as "negate the effects of all other Face-Up cards currently on the Field." You also have it set up to currently negate your own cards as well. Not sure if that was intentional, but if it wasn't, now you know.

Anyways, good luck with future cards!

Archived