[Sakura 32K] Kirikiri, Deer of Rising Dawn

Flash Flyer - Sakura

LuBCNNF.jpg

Kirikiri, Deer of Rising Dawn

Level 7 | LIGHT | Beast | Synchro | Effect

2400/2200

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.

(2) Other monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.

(Because YCMaker still has not fixed the cardmaker, if any changes are to be made, use the written text)

EDIT LOG

- Removal of its protection effect; was originally there to deal with common removal.

- Made bounce effect an on-summon trigger and added its original second effect back, but extended it to other monsters.

=====

[spoiler=You know these are my flavor notes for milestone stuff]

Well, I made another post milestone as you can probably tell by the title and timing of this. Took longer to post this one due to lack of ideas and images for the card; mostly latter, because this will be coordinated with something else that concerns me, rather than being simply a post marker like the previous ones have been.

I would've liked to have made something with 3200 ATK, as to follow up on the pattern of designed cards I've had for the past seven, but the pic doesn't really look like something that could be that power. Didn't find anything that would be appropriate after searching 50+ pages on Pixiv (and Google didn't have any good pics to make my own from).

Milestone cards ALWAYS have a picture.

Probably could've remade Xerneas or something, which would've fallen into the theme I wanted this time and keep to the pattern, but I don't make cards based on the same character twice (recall Pokemon Set #1). That, and I wanted to stray away from doing Dragon-Type Synchros.

Anyway, it's another generic Level 7 for the pool (yes, it's crowded as hell), but while looking through the list of stuff on YGOPro, Beast-Type monsters don't really have a lot to work with; least stuff that isn't Type/Archetype-specific and/or can function properly in the power creep. Thus, they're finally getting a monster that can do things (and give them more presence in the ED pool).

I originally wanted to make this a "during either player's turn" thing as to be more reactive (or have it bounce the Graveyard too), but that would've been pushing it with the consideration this is basically a reusable Castel. In a way, I suppose this permits Synchro decks some degree of removal (at least the ones that don't have room for spare R4s).

=====

IMG Credit: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57916098

(Yeah, I cropped it a little bit in TCGEditor)

"Kirikiri" means sparkling in Japanese, which does tie a bit into why it's named "Rising Dawn" (also a carryover from the original title of the work). It's a deer because of Flyer stuff (if you don't remember, look at hint #33 from last year's Easter hunt).

=====

So yeah, you know what to do at this point.

Reps will be given for PROPER reviews that are made under the AC requirements.

Woah, this is too aggressive. I know the meta can get rampant at times, like the latest and upcoming formats with Zoodiacs and stuff, but still doesn't warrant a card like this IMO, a generic Synchro7 with an OPT non-targeting spin. To put things in perspective, it outright outclasses Lightsworn Michael (except for the ATK, but 200 isn't that big of a difference), whose effect has an LP cost and has semi-generic material requirements.

Personally, I would make the spin an on-Summon effect ("When this card is Synchro Summoned: spin effect"), not sure if make it target or not, and give it some kind of continuous/passive effect.

very nice

I'm glad you like it, but you do need to explain a bit.

Woah, this is too aggressive. I know the meta can get rampant at times, like the latest and upcoming formats with Zoodiacs and stuff, but still doesn't warrant a card like this IMO, a generic Synchro7 with an OPT non-targeting spin. To put things in perspective, it outright outclasses Lightsworn Michael (except for the ATK, but 200 isn't that big of a difference), whose effect has an LP cost and has semi-generic material requirements.

Personally, I would make the spin an on-Summon effect ("When this card is Synchro Summoned: spin effect"), not sure if make it target or not, and give it some kind of continuous/passive effect.

Yeah, I had second thoughts about how dangerous the effect can be, considering that, even if it doesn't banish.

But otherwise, I made the effect an on-summon thing; keeping the non-targeting thing so it can at least deal with target immune stuff. (Hey, it can at least bounce RL Zarc if that says anything). The hard OPT is removed, but I don't think it should be too problematic (how often are you going to make two copies of this in a turn?).

As for the second effect, I gave its destruction protection back, but for other monsters you control; dk if I should include itself in there, but probably better if I didn't.

Archived