Compulsory Evacuation Device x1

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell x1

Heavy Slump x1

Light-Imprisoning Mirror x1

Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror x1

Solemn Warning x1

Time-Space Trap Hole x1

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x1

I would make space for +1 Instant Fusion (IF), +1 Bahamut Shark, +1 Toadally and +2~3 Terraforming because opening with a double Bahamut is such a good play, and that's possible with either IF + Rabbit, or IF + Emperor + Legendary Ocean. To make use of the extra IFs, you could run Rare Fish, Restrict for Rank1s with Puny Penguin, or a Level3 for Rank3 plays; Rare Fish also doubles as Salvage target to make it live as a 1-for-1 grave recovery.

Although I'm not convinced by the x3 Puny Penguins. It just looks too slow.

Also keep in mind Fluffal Penguin when it comes to TCG.

I would make space for +1 Instant Fusion (IF), +1 Bahamut Shark, +1 Toadally and +2~3 Terraforming because opening with a double Bahamut is such a good play, and that's possible with either IF + Rabbit, or IF + Emperor + Legendary Ocean. To make use of the extra IFs, you could run Rare Fish, Restrict for Rank1s with Puny Penguin, or a Level3 for Rank3 plays; Rare Fish also doubles as Salvage target to make it live as a 1-for-1 grave recovery.

Although I'm not convinced by the x3 Puny Penguins. It just looks too slow.

Also keep in mind Fluffal Penguin when it comes to TCG.

Doesn't Legendary Ocean kinda mess with Bahamut Shark plays?

I think my problem with the deck is a little more.. basic, I suppose. What are you trying to do with it? I see the deck uses Foolish and Nopenguin and Eclipse, but it doesn't seem to be there to turbo out the banishing aspect. There's a lot of Xyz options, but it seems secondary to what you want with the Main Deck (ie. You dip into the Extra when you have a chance, rather than doing it constantly). As a whole, the deck seems to want to be a control deck, but there aren't that many control options in the deck itself either.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that you first need to pick an identity, a win condition, and then build the deck around it using the strengths of Penguins while acknowledging their weaknesses.

Doesn't Legendary Ocean kinda mess with Bahamut Shark plays?

I think my problem with the deck is a little more.. basic, I suppose. What are you trying to do with it? I see the deck uses Foolish and Nopenguin and Eclipse, but it doesn't seem to be there to turbo out the banishing aspect. There's a lot of Xyz options, but it seems secondary to what you want with the Main Deck (ie. You dip into the Extra when you have a chance, rather than doing it constantly). As a whole, the deck seems to want to be a control deck, but there aren't that many control options in the deck itself either.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that you first need to pick an identity, a win condition, and then build the deck around it using the strengths of Penguins while acknowledging their weaknesses.

The extra deck really is not the main focus of most decks I play. I actually sometimes forget I even have it in the first place. Anyway, to improve the control aspect with the main deck, what could I do?

The extra deck really is not the main focus of most decks I play. I actually sometimes forget I even have it in the first place. Anyway, to improve the control aspect with the main deck, what could I do?

Hmm... Well, I'll be honest, I am not the best when it comes to control strategies, but looking at what you currently have, and considering the deck's capabilities, stopping opponent monsters from ever gaining a foothold seems like the way to go.

Quaking MF and Swords of Concealing Light can help you get around troublesome monsters. MST or Galaxy Cyclone looks like they'd work better with these (you don't have a ton that wants to be in the Grave after all). Aquarium Stage looks like a decently helpful option that can also recover Emperor Penguin from the Grave.

Some of the cards in the deck currently don't look super helpful for trying to outlast the opponent. I might suggest removing Legendary Ocean and perhaps cutting down the Emperor and maybe Puny to 2 to lesson early game bricking. I'd also recommend Salvage > Surface. Surface might give an opening for a R1-3 play, but it's contingent on having the same level monster in-hand while Salvage is a +1 that gets any of the ones you want in your hand to your hand. It also lets you set up your flip plays.

Extra Deck stuff: if you cut out Legendary Ocean, you can cut most of the R1-3s. On the plus side, running WATERs gives you the opportunity to run Number 37 which gives another Grave recovery option or Cat Shark for a final push. If you add an additional Instant Fusion, having a Rare Fish in the Extra couldn't hurt.

IMO you should invest at least a bit on Rank4/Bahamut Shark, because Toadally Bahamut is a really strong play that is not seen as often because few decks have Level4s WATERs, but these guys do. I would try to take advantage of their Emperor Penguin effectively acting as copies of Rescue Rabbit, although you will need Mausoleum of Emperor or other tricks to Summon it without Tribute; and if you find a way to Summon it multiple times, even better, since it doesn't have a hard OPT clause.

As for the control approach, I don't see it getting you too far: sure, you can bounce/banish, Set, etc. as much as possible, but without power to punch the opponent back, he/she can simply rebuild and catch up while you are just threatening with... small Penguins and diminishing backrow? Hence my insistence on power plays through Rank4s/Bahamut, and keeping Emperor as an pseudo-Rabbit.

A backrow I recommend is Rippling Mirror Force, because it can dramatically set the opponent back, even more than Quaking/Storming/Regular Mirror Force would do, and I don't really see your monsters lasting too long vs. the higher tiers, and thus having a field clear of monsters may occur often.

IMO you should invest at least a bit on Rank4/Bahamut Shark, because Toadally Bahamut is a really strong play that is not seen as often because few decks have Level4s WATERs, but these guys do. I would try to take advantage of their Emperor Penguin effectively acting as copies of Rescue Rabbit, although you will need Mausoleum of Emperor or other tricks to Summon it without Tribute; and if you find a way to Summon it multiple times, even better, since it doesn't have a hard OPT clause.

As for the control approach, I don't see it getting you too far: sure, you can bounce/banish, Set, etc. as much as possible, but without power to punch the opponent back, he/she can simply rebuild and catch up while you are just threatening with... small Penguins and diminishing backrow? Hence my insistence on power plays through Rank4s/Bahamut, and keeping Emperor as an pseudo-Rabbit.

A backrow I recommend is Rippling Mirror Force, because it can dramatically set the opponent back, even more than Quaking/Storming/Regular Mirror Force would do, and I don't really see your monsters lasting too long vs. the higher tiers, and thus having a field clear of monsters may occur often.

For Mausoleum of the Emperor, how can I work it in?

Uh, I would try 3 Mausoleum and 2~3 Terraforming, maybe even tech a different Field Spell plus that new card that Sets Fields on both player's Field Zones, and then wish for the best, but I admit it sounds unreliable since the only monster you want to Summon through it is not as searchable and thus it's like begging for dead draws.

But once you have the magic combo, it should be somewhat rewarding since you will be able to pick Emperor Penguin back with Toadally's float effect and Normal Summon it again if Mausoleum is still around.

Archived