Magician Girls! N-not an obsession!

MUDKIPISAWESOME!!!

Hey, I'm back for another round! I've got lots of cards for this one, so it may be a while before it gets finished. Once again, no pictures as I use an iPod cardmaker and haven't figured out how to get the pics transferred onto here. Also would still appreciate any pics of these cards you guys make yourselves and wish to send to me. Here we go!

COTC-EN025: Mage Girl Jynx, the Nullifier
Level 4 DARK Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
When a Spell Card is activated: Place one Spell Counter on this card(Max. 1), even if that Spell Card's activation/effect is negated.  This card gains 200 ATK for each Spell Counter on it. If an attack is declared: You may remove 1 Spell Counter from this card; negate the attack, also change the attacking card to defense position.
(This card is also always treated as a "Magician Girl" card)
ATK/DEF 1600/1000

COTC-EN026: ChronoMagician Girl
Level 4 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
During either player's End Phase: You may send this card from your hand or Face-Up on the Field to the Graveyard and send one "Magician Girl" card from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon one Monster from either Graveyard that was sent there from the Field during the turn you activate this effect. You can only use this effect of "ChronoMagician Girl" once per turn.
ATK/DEF 1750/1250

COTC-EN027: Phoenix Magician Girl
Level 4 FIRE Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
You may destroy this card; Special Summon one "Magician Girl" Monster, except "Phoenix Magician Girl" from your Graveyard. While this card is in the Graveyard: You may destroy one "Magician Girl" Monster you control, except "Phoenix Magician Girl"; Special Summon this card. You may only use one effect of "Phoenix Magician Girl" per turn.
ATK/DEF 1600/1000

COTC-EN028: Orichalcos Magician Girl
While you control "The Seal of Orichalcos" and this card: You may Special Summon from the Extra Deck, ignoring the effect of "The Seal of Orichalcos", also, the first time a "Magician Girl" Monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect each turn, it is not destroyed.
ATK/DEF 1500/1500

COTC-EN029: Freezing Magician Girl
Level 4 WATER Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
If you Special Summon a "Magician Girl" Monster(s), you may destroy one Face-Down Spell/Trap card on the Field. You may only use the effect of "Freezing Magician Girl" up to twice per turn.
ATK/DEF 1400/1300

COTC-EN030: Magician Girl with Eyes of Blue
Level 1 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Effect Tuner Monster
You may send one Level 1 LIGHT Tuner Monster from your Deck to your Graveyard and target one Monster you control; It can make a second attack during the Battle Phase of this turn. You may send this card and one Spellcaster-Type Monster from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon one Level 5 or lower "Magician Girl" or "Eyes of Blue" Monster from your Deck. You may only use one effect of "Magician Girl with Eyes of Blue" per turn, and only once that turn.
ATK/DEF 500/500

COTC-EN031: Red-Eyes Magician Girl
You may discard a card from your hand; Special Summon one Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" Monster from your hand or Deck, also make the Level of this card equal to the Level of the Summoned Monster. You may tribute this card while its Level is different from its original Level; Special Summon one "Magician Girl" Monster with a lower Level than the Level this card had when it was tributed from the Deck. You may only use one "Red-Eyes Magician Girl" effect per turn, and only once that turn, also you cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you do so.
ATK/DEF 1900/1000

COTC-EN032: Millennium Magician Girl
You may tribute this card; Special Summon one "Millennium" Monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack this turn. If this card is targeted for an attack: You can Special Summon one Level 5 or lower Spellcaster-Type Monster from your hand, but negate its effects, if any, then change the attack target to it. You may only use one "Millennium Magician Girl" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
ATK/DEF 1500/1200
NOTE: This card is designed a bit more for this Forum community than actual TCG players with the first effect as there's only like two "Millennium" Monsters in the actual TCG. Some may wonder at my choice of negating the effects of a Level 5- Spellcaster-Type, but this was done to prevent you using her to Summon Chocolate Magician Girl and then using her effect to get out yet another Spellcaster with which to keep your LP safe.

COTC-EN033: Blade Magician Girl
Level 5 DARK Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
If a Monster is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Magician Girl" card: You may Special Summon this card(from your hand). You may tribute this card and target one Spellcaster- or Warrior-Type Monster you control; It can attack an extra time this turn. You may only use one "Blade Magician Girl" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
ATK/DEF 1900/1500

COTC-EN034: Level Magician Girl
You may tribute one Face-Up Monster you control that has "LV" or "Magician Girl" in its name, and apply the corresponding effect based on the type of Monster you tributed.
"LV": Special Summon the Monster written in the card text of that card from your Deck, ignoring the Summon Condition of the Monster.
"Magician Girl": Special Summon one "Magician Girl" Monster with a different name than the tributed Monster, except for "Level Magician Girl" from your Deck.
You may only use the effect of "Level Magician Girl" once per turn.
ATK/DEF 1500/1300

COTC-EN035: Destruction Sword Magician Girl
Level 6 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
You may equip any "Destruction Sword" Monster to this card instead of to a "Buster Blader" card. You may use this card as a Fusion Material in place of "Buster Blader". All "Magician Girl" and "Destruction Sword" Monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each Dragon-Type Monster in your opponent's Graveyard. You may only control one "Destruction Sword Magician Girl" at a time.
ATK/DEF 2000/1700

COTC-EN036: Arcane Magician Girl
Level 7 DARK Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
You may Special Summon this card by tributing a "Dark Magician" you control. You may only Special Summon one "Arcane Magician Girl" per turn. By tributing a "Magician Girl" Monster, you may add one Spell card from your Deck to your hand, but you may not activate Spell cards with the same name as the added card during the rest of the turn. You may only use the effect of "Arcane Magician Girl" up to thrice per Duel.
ATK/DEF 2500/2100

COTC-EN037: Veteran Magician Girl
Level 9 DARK Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. If a "Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight" you control is destroyed: You may Special Summon this card from the hand, Deck, or Graveyard. You may only Summon one "Veteran Magician Girl" per turn. This card cannot be destroyed by battle with a Spellcaster-, Warrior-, or Dragon-Type Monster. Once per turn, you may discard one card and target one Face-Up card on the Field; Destroy that target.
ATK/DEF 2400/1700

COTC-EN038: Dark Magician Girl of Chaos
Level 7 DARK Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You may add one "Magician Girl" Monster or one Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card would destroy a Monster by battle: Banish the Monster instead. When this card would be sent to the Graveyard from the hand or Field: Banish it. This card gains 200 ATK for each "Magician Girl" card in your Graveyard.
ATK/DEF 2300/2000

COTC-EN039: Cleric Magician Girl
When a "Magician Girl" Monster is Special Summoned: You may Special Summon this card from your hand. You may only use this effect of "Cleric Magician Girl" once per turn. You may send one "Magician Girl" Monster from your hand or your side of the Field to the Graveyard; Gain LP equal to the Level/Rank of the sent Monster times 200
ATK/DEF 0/2000

COTC-EN040: Cyber Magician Girl
Level 5 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
While your opponent controls a Monster and you control no Monsters that are "Cyber" or "Magician Girl" Monsters: You can Special Summon this card(from your hand). If a "Magician Girl" Monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell'Trap cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.
ATK/DEF 2100/1700

COTC-EN041: Virus Magician Girl
Each time a "Magician Girl" Monster is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Magician Girl" card, place one Virus Counter on this card. During your End Phase: You may remove all Virus Counters from this card(min. 3); Set one "Virus" Trap card from your Deck. You may only use this effect of "Virus Magician Girl" once per turn.
ATK/DEF 1700/1500

COTC-EN042: Valkyrie Magician Girl

Level 8 DARK Spellcaster-Type Fusion Effect Monster

"Magician's Valkyria + "Dark Magician Girl"

While you control this Face-Up card: Your opponent cannot select another Spellcaster-Type Monster you control for attacks. Increase the ATK of this card by 200 for each Spellcaster-Type Monster in your Graveyard.

ATK/DEF 2500/3000

COTC-EN043: Noble Magician Girl

Level 4 DARK Spellcaster-Type Fusion Effect Monster

3 "Magician Girl" Monsters

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type Monster. This effect cannot be negated. Cannot be Summoned by the effect of "Instant Fusion". All Level 4 or lower "Magician Girl" Monsters, except "Noble Magician Girl", gain 100 ATK for each Warrior- or Spellcaster-Type Monster in your Graveyard.

ATK/DEF 3000/2700

COTC-EN044: Ultima Magician Girl

Level 10 DARK Spellcaster-Type Fusion Effect Monster

5 "Magician Girl" Monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned. This card can attack up to three times per Battle Phase. You may only control one "Ultima Magician Girl". By discarding one "Magician Girl" card; You may destroy one card on the Field, also the number of times "Ultima Magician Girl" may attack this turn is decreased by one. You may only use this effect of "Ultima Magician Girl" up to twice per turn, and only during your Main Phase 1.

ATK/DEF 3200/3000

COTC-EN045: Mirage Magician Girl

Level 9 DARK Spellcaster-Type Synchro Effect Monster

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters

You may discard one "Magician Girl" card or any two cards from your hand; Select and use the effect of one Spell card in your Graveyard. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect. You may only use this effect of "Mirage Magician Girl" once per turn.

ATK/DEF 2500/2100

COTC-EN046: Alternate Magician Girl

Rank 4 DARK Spellcaster-Type Xyz Effect Monster

2 or more(Max. 4) Level 4 "Magician Girl" Monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You may detach one Xyz Material from this card and select one of the detached card's effects; Use that effect as the effect of this card. If the detached card has no effects that can be activated: The effect of this card is treated as "Draw 1 card." until the End Phase.

ATK/DEF 2000/2000

The cards in this set are designed to give the original six Magician Girls:
1) More members for their Archetype - something they don't necessarily need, but almost all Archetypes could use something new every now and then with exception of Majespecters because DEATH TO MAJESPECTERS ahem. Pardon me. Moving on,
2) Speed Support with members like Magician Girl with Eyes of Blue, ChronoMagician Girl, Red-Eyes Magician Girl, Level Magician Girl, and Arcane Magician Girl all sending cards out of the Deck to either the Graveyard, the hand, or the Field,
3) Ways to get rid of things, with cards like Freezing Magician Girl taking care of the backrow and Veteran Magician Girl removing Monster threats,
4) Heavy hitters with Destruction Sword Magician Girl, Dark Magician Girl of Chaos, Cyber Magician Girl and Ultima Magician Girl, and
5) Swarming the Field, with many cards such as Millennium Magician Girl and Blade Magician Girl allowing for multiple Special Summons from hand.
The cards in this set are also designed to sync fairly well with any current Archetypes or even Flavors their names come from, with cards like Magician Girl with Eyes of Blue being a Level 1 LIGHT Tuner that can assist in easily obtaining cards like Sage with Eyes of Blue, Red-Eyes Magician Girl allowing for easy setups of cards like Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon by changing its Level, and even Freezing Magician Girl, designed to destroy Face-Down cards like I at least imagine Ice-themed cards should. I have also done my best to ensure each card is balanced with regard to the current metagame, like making Arcane Magician Girl have a powerful effect, but one that can only be used up to three times per Duel, and various other effects being trimmed back from my originals to be fairer.  However, if you think I've made any of these too weak or strong, do let me know please, as I intend to use these at some point, as the Set Numbers may have shown, in an actual set I'm making and need them fairly set up. PM/Email me for pictures if you want to see the art I chose for each card.

​…SNEAK PEEK CARD APPROACHING...

COTC-ENSC4: Miku-Miku…Magician Girl?

Level 6 EARTH Machine-Type Effect Monster

This card is also always treated as a Spellcaster-Type Monster. This effect cannot be negated. If a "Magician Girl" Monster is Special Summoned: You can send one Face-Down card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card(from your hand). During the turn this card was Special Summoned by its own effect: You can activate Trap cards from the hand.

ATK/DEF 2000/1500

ITS AN OBSESSION!!! or at least in my case...

Yeah, seems pretty well, i like every card and every card seems quite balanced, but maybe you will put one OPT on the attack negation of jinx, but, i dont know if it will be nessesarie, but you forget to post the atk/def of phoenix

How about now that I've actually got more than three of them? If you want the pics, I can be reached at the email address found on my page, or you can send me a PM and I'll try to get them to you through that.

Also, still waiting on an explanation for why this got moved to Casuals and whether or not it can be moved back where I feel it belongs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived