Mario Kart Grand Prix: Racer Tournament

Agro

This isn't the first time this sort of thing happened, back with Mario vs Roy I changed my vote from Mario to Roy at the last second but by that time Agro had already locked in the winner so it didn't matter and Mario got ahead. Guessing the same thing happened here. Also, Agro voted for Dry Bones so it's not in favor of his guy with Waluigi winning.

So Agro gets to choose when a poll is closed? What's the point of locking the thread if he's just going to arbitrarily decide a winner? Why even have a contest? Bullshit happening once doesn't make it right now

So Agro gets to choose when a poll is closed? What's the point of locking the thread if he's just going to arbitrarily decide a winner? Why even have a contest? Bullshit happening once doesn't make it right now

The thread clearly stated when the poll ends (but threads sometimes don't get locked at said time), so it can be assumed Waluigi was ahead and someone probs changed their vote at the time the post was made.

It makes sense to me. Agro declares the winner, and then locks the thread. Any last second votes that occur after the winner is declared but before the thread is locked simply don't count. If it didn't make sense I'd have argued about Roy vs Mario back in round 2.

But I'm not the one in charge. Just wait for Agro to post a reply if he wants.

WTF why was Flame Dragon's vote not counted...what the funk Agro, Dry Bones beat Waluigi

This is actual bullshit if you're gonna ignore results to favor your guy

Because there was a deadline and once a deadline is passed if there's a tie the first vote takes it. That's standard procedure.

Also get informed before you make accusations like that.

Agro voted for Dry Bones so he's doing the OPPOSITE of what you're accusing him of.

Because there was a deadline and once a deadline is passed if there's a tie the first vote takes it. That's standard procedure.

Also get informed before you make accusations like that.

Agro voted for Dry Bones so he's doing the OPPOSITE of what you're accusing him of.

The first vote would have tied Yoshi and Luigi

Also this is a for fun tournament with zero consequence on a children's card game forum.

Please remove the stick from your ass and get over it.

Yeah, just say next time you choose the winner. It'll save the time of coming to each tournament and making sure to vote

The first vote would have tied Yoshi and Luigi

Yeah, just say next time you choose the winner. It'll save the time of coming to each tournament and making sure to vote

Agro specified in his post that was calling for a tie break that that match was already over because it had met the deadline. Otherwise we'd be stuck in a potential loop of one always being tied.

Dude seriously I don't think you understand. Agro voted Dry Bones. Why would he "choose" that Waluigi won?

Also good god man he got second place out of the entire roster. That's damn good.

Agro specified in his post that was calling for a tie break that that match was already over because it had met the deadline. Otherwise we'd be stuck in a potential loop of one always being tied.

Dude seriously I don't think you understand. Agro voted Dry Bones. Why would he "choose" that Waluigi won?

Also good god man he got second place out of the entire roster. That's damn good.

He made none of those rules clear upfront Cowcow. Waluigi was coronated. You got all pissy about Trishula winning "unfairly" didn't you

He made none of those rules clear upfront Cowcow. Waluigi was coronated. You got all pissy about Trishula winning "unfairly" didn't you

It is something that's happened for basically every Poll though. And that's like comparing apples to oranges, please don't try and bring up a separate, finished, situation.

It is something that's happened for basically every Poll though. And that's like comparing apples to oranges, please don't try and bring up a separate, finished, situation.

I'm just a little disappointing how this was conducted. I don't remember this occurring on the Waifu contest, if there were ties, they were reported as ties. There wasn't any of this agro decides stuff. 

If agro wants to play dirty w/ these contests, I can oblige him next time knowing this kinda rule is in effect for the end times

I'm just a little disappointing how this was conducted. I don't remember this occurring on the Waifu contest, if there were ties, they were reported as ties. There wasn't any of this agro decides stuff. 

If agro wants to play dirty w/ these contests, I can oblige him next time knowing this kinda rule is in effect for the end times

That's because Mirei specifically allowed ties to go through and do you expect him to have a tie for the final round? A tie earlier in a tournament, if that's the way it's being run, can have them both go through because there will be another match next round with them against different opponents. Trust me when I say Mirei would've done the same and has done the same for final rounds.

In fact...."1v1 (except in the rounds right after there were any ties).

Ties will be allowed until the final, as there must be a winner."

This was literally in the OP of the waifu wars. They specified ties are allowed because they aren't always. And even Mirei wouldn't have had ties in the final. So basically you're mistaken.

This is just the most logical way to run things. It's not Agro deciding. If it were him deciding he'd probably decide on HIS VOTE WINNING. This is literally just a tie break. A tie break is a single vote to break a tie.

It's not playing dirty in the slightest and you are acting like a child. Like I'm not even saying that to insult this is quite literally child-like behavior.

That's because Mirei specifically allowed ties to go through and do you expect him to have a tie for the final round? A tie earlier in a tournament, if that's the way it's being run, can have them both go through because there will be another match next round with them against different opponents. Trust me when I say Mirei would've done the same and has done the same for final rounds.

In fact...."1v1 (except in the rounds right after there were any ties).

Ties will be allowed until the final, as there must be a winner."

This was literally in the OP of the waifu wars. They specified ties are allowed because they aren't always. And even Mirei wouldn't have had ties in the final. So basically you're mistaken.

This is just the most logical way to run things. It's not Agro deciding. If it were him deciding he'd probably decide on HIS VOTE WINNING. This is literally just a tie break. A tie break is a single vote to break a tie.

It's not playing dirty in the slightest and you are acting like a child. Like I'm not even saying that to insult this is quite literally child-like behavior.

How is this at all more logical than locking the topic first then declaring the winner, as Mirei and Mitcheroni did. Agro basically vanished for a the end of the tournament and people like me didn't know changing our vote wouldn't count. If people could still vote, I assumed I could change. When did agro say that was not the case?

How is this at all more logical than locking the topic first then declaring the winner, as Mirei and Mitcheroni did. Agro basically vanished for a the end of the tournament and people like me didn't know changing our vote wouldn't count. If people could still vote, I assumed I could change. When did agro say that was not the case?

Because it was a tie? There's no winner if there's a tie. He had to wait for the tie to break before he locked it obviously. I don't get what you're trying to imply, that he lock it and decide a winner between the two without getting a tie breaker?

Neither Mitch nor Mirei would have locked it before the tie was broken. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say anymore. It sounds like "He should have locked it the exact moment someone voted".

Probably couldn't lock it until later so he went by what the first vote after the tie was.

He only vanished for like an hour.

1:40 AM

Ok so Luigi just barely takes 3rd place over Yoshi but uh....

lzEsbas.png

We need a deciding vote for gold :o

2:56 AM

ok so i goose walu wan

Are you really going to throw a fit over someone not constantly being ready to lock a Poll at a generally dead time for YCM?

Archived