Rumored Rule Changes [March 25; OCG]

"First turn of the first turn cannot be summoned P"

What on earth does this mean?

No pendulum summon t1 I'd imagine

Yep, cannot PS T1.

I honestly figure this is a crock of sheet, but it already managed to make Ancient Leaf get bought out.

Yep, cannot PS T1.

I honestly figure this is a crock of sheet, but it already managed to make Ancient Leaf get bought out.

I mean, we survived cupidity, we can survive leaf. Would not be shocked if it was either limited or errate'd to inflate with LP tho. Like remember catapult turtle right before pendulums? Can't they bump up the cost for leaf up to 13k

I'm somewhat confused with the 4th deck thing, so if I summon a lv 1 and lv 4 monster, I can summon 4 monsters from the 4th deck? Wat

I guess the Exclusion Zone would be likely referred to where the banished cards go and be like a new term for them. 12000LP is interesting for the fact that it would kill various 8000 damage area OTK's and preventing Pendulum Summoning turn 1 seems like a fair way to keep the mechanic under control due how some combo's with pendulum can generate some draw/search engine power. Also am kind of interested what this pseudo Extra Deck will be and how it works specially how the summoning mechanic makes it out as a pseudo Xyz Monster.

Fourth deck? Exclusion Zone? I don't follow.

The fourth deck is a second extra deck for the new summoning mechanic(s?)

The Exclusion Zone is a badly translated Banished Zone that will be (according to this rumour) coming on game mats and in card text to a store near you!

I would have preferred 10000 LP; 12000 just screams of double "Ancient Leaf" nitro boost.

Was sort of explained already, but I understand from the description on the new Summon type that is a single Summon that costs a # of monsters equal to the highest Level you are using for it, not that it is a multiple Summon. And you need 3 or more different Levels so for instance if you have a Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 on board, to Summon a, let's say... Grade (to not confuse with Level or Rank) 4 monster , you would have to use the 4 of them for its Summon, for a "Grade" 3, it would only take Levels 1~3. I'm suspecting these Summons will allow you to use monsters from the current Extra Deck, I'm guessing face-up Pendulums, in order to be able to Summon Grade 5+ monsters, if there will be any.

And yeah, this new Summon seems will be attaching the monsters to it in the same fashion as Xyzs.

12k Life? Exclusion Zone? This seems fake as hell. Is there any precedent for this source being reliable?

I don't really care though; can still OTK 12k EASILY with mah Floofs.

Exclude is the OCG term for remove from play/banish.

It's a rumor that randomly appeared, and is probably bogus, but worth noting in case it's legit.

1. I don't expect this to happen, although it's not unlikely.

2. making it so that the first turn player can't Pendulum Summon absolutely kills the mechanic. It means that a pendulum deck practically can't put anything out on their first turn, which means they're waiting to get steamrolled the next turn. There's decks that prefer to go first, decks that prefer to go second, and then doing a ruling that blanket-changes every pendulum deck to absolutely go second. This kind of rule change is something I'd expect a player that's salty at pendulums and thinks they ruined YGO to come up with. Extremely unlikely in my opinion.

3. Calling for an actual "banished zone" is just kinda silly and pointless, and a 3rd graveyard (if it is something different) is really not needed.

4. Not unlikely, but I don't expect it.

New Summon Type:

Before series 9 started, there was a lot of BS rumors for what the new summon type was going to be. None of them were right. I'll need more than a grain of salt to take this with.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched the anime past 5Ds. Are turbo duels still things in Zexal and Arch V?

Not even the mechanic of Synchros itself seems to exist in ZeXal.

In Arc V however, they do exist. Arc V has mixed elements from the previous shows; Xyzs, Kaito, and Heartland from ZeXal; Riding Duels, Synchros, Jack, and Crow, from 5Ds, along with other minor characters that mostly are seconds-long cameos; Duel Academy, Ancient Gears, Edo, Azuka (and their decks), and Fusions from GX; and Ritual/Tribute Summoning from DM.

Turbo Duels are pretty much exclusive to the Synchro-centric people though, along with the D-Wheels and all..... but their version of Speed World sucks and they don't use Speed Spells because pandering Arc V's Action Cards....

I'll need more than a grain of salt to take this with.

Yeah, here, you can borrow some from me.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE, these are ridiculous on so many levels. Its bad enough Anime Duels are half the LP of an RL Duel, but stopping Pendulums on the FIRST TURN? Well, there goes D/D, Majespecter, Performapals and its related acting archetypes, and worst of all: IGKNIGHTS, just to name a few!

Don't get me started on a bunch of new zones. The Pendulum Zones I was hesitant to accept, but what the ACTUAL FLIPPING f*** is an Exclusion Zone!?

Archived