Rumored Rule Changes [March 25; OCG]

Yeah, here, you can borrow some from me.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE, these are ridiculous on so many levels. Its bad enough Anime Duels are half the LP of an RL Duel, but stopping Pendulums on the FIRST TURN? Well, there goes D/D, Majespecter, Performapals and its related acting archetypes, and worst of all: IGKNIGHTS, just to name a few!

Don't get me started on a bunch of new zones. The Pendulum Zones I was hesitant to accept, but what the ACTUAL FLIPPING f*** is an Exclusion Zone!?

>There goes D/D

um D/D doesn't pendulum summon

The Exclusion Zone, as explained repeatedly, is just an official Banished Pile. Exclude is the OCG term for Banish/RFP.

I mean if you playing pendies u just blind second and build accordingly (zoodiacs are a blessing for a situation like this)

like doesnt seem like a huge issue since it only affect mirrors where fighting over going second puts the loser at a huge disadvantage

Sure, and Raidraptors don't use Rank-up Magic spells.

The hell you mean, D/D doesn't Pendulum Summon? have you seen the anime? Did you think I meant D.D? What is your major malfunction, brotha?

Have you either played, played against, or seen played a proper, competitive D/D build running optimally? Because it doesn't sound like you ever have.

Sure, and Raidraptors don't use Rank-up Magic spells.

The hell you mean, D/D doesn't Pendulum Summon? have you seen the anime? Did you think I meant D.D? What is your major malfunction, brotha?

D/D isn't a pendulum deck lol

It's a deck with pendulums. It rarely, if ever, pendulum summons. The anime is not a good indicator. It's pendulums are good as either monsters or Scale spells, not as scales.

For the record, I own a D/D deck irl. It contains Pendulum Monsters, can Pendulum Summon, and it's awesome with it. Therefore, the Archetype does Pendulum Summon, and to say it doesn't is, well, wrong.

And before you launch into how "a GOOD D/D deck doesn't NEED to Pendulum Summon," and all that, I understand there's a difference between what you build for a tournament and what you build for casual play. But just because they can be good without Pendulum Summoning doesn't mean that it can't be good with it, too.

For the record, I own a D/D deck irl. It contains Pendulum Monsters, can Pendulum Summon, and it's awesome with it. Therefore, the Archetype does Pendulum Summon, and to say it doesn't is, well, wrong.

And before you launch into how "a GOOD D/D deck doesn't NEED to Pendulum Summon," and all that, I understand there's a difference between what you build for a tournament and what you build for casual play. But just because they can be good without Pendulum Summoning doesn't mean that it can't be good with it, too.

YOU made the sweeping statement that it killed D/D. You set the precedent, not everyone else.

it can't be good with pendulum summoning because it has no consistency in that regard.

your build doesn't dictate the deck

YOU made the sweeping statement that it killed D/D. You set the precedent, not everyone else.

it can't be good with pendulum summoning because it has no consistency in that regard.

your build doesn't dictate the deck

No build dictates the deck. If you think it doesn't have consistency with Pendulum Summoning, then clearly you didn't build the Deck in a way that gives it consistency. And I never said the (supposed) new rule killed D/D. Not explicitly. What I said was, and I quote my own post here,

Well, there goes D/D, Majespecter, Performapals and its related acting archetypes, and worst of all: IGKNIGHTS, just to name a few!

What I meant, and probably should clarify, is that it damages their functionality as Pendulum Archetypes, and prevents them from using one of their best advantages on the first turn, which was said before by others, such as VCR_CAT.

2. making it so that the first turn player can't Pendulum Summon absolutely kills the mechanic. It means that a pendulum deck practically can't put anything out on their first turn, which means they're waiting to get steamrolled the next turn. There's decks that prefer to go first, decks that prefer to go second, and then doing a ruling that blanket-changes every pendulum deck to absolutely go second. This kind of rule change is something I'd expect a player that's salty at pendulums and thinks they ruined YGO to come up with. Extremely unlikely in my opinion.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a war here, but D/D can Pendulum Summon. The statement "D/D doesn't Pendulum Summon." is, while just as vague as my own complaint from before, still wrong if you apply some basic logic to the statement as-is, and as-is is all there is to the sentence, because you did not elaborate until I responded. Now, what you could have said is "D/D Doesn't exactly NEED to Pendulum Summon to operate as a Deck." Granted, I would still argue that it functions better with Pendulums than without, all things considered, but still, it would have prevented this very large and unnecessary argument.

TL;DR: We were both vague, and that was a mistake on both of our parts. Now that our intentions are more cleared up, why don't we let it go?

Not really? There's no consistency to setting the scales AND having things to summon, because the deck isn't search or efficient filter happy, just a bit of both.

The best build(s) dictates the deck. Your casual build does not. That is how it goes.

Even then, I never said it couldn't Pendulum Summon. If you want to play semantics, such as your thin defense, I simply said it doesn't. It's not a strong advantage because it is more of a -2 here than most decks, as your two +1 scales have mismatching scales (5/6) and are often better as monsters.

I never even challenged your point in regards to the others, I was clearing up that D/D does not Pendulum Summon in any reasonable build, at least not with any consistency. Just as I cleared up the Exclusion Zone.

OK, I think you maybe missed that last bit I wrote at the end, about letting it go?

I think you missed the part about not spamming.

You perpetuated misconceptions, then tried to tie it up with "But we should stop". It's a classic cop out move. I wasn't vague, I covered my stance.

I honestly think these rules are a load of sheet, but misinformation and misplaced perceptions still aren't helping anyone.

Archived