AGM Legacy Support

Tinkerer

I'll use this post to address the support cards you made for my stuff that I didn't get to; which is probably Show Jumper and Sunbeast.

Show Jumper

For those who don't know what Hoʻokele translates into, it means "navigator, helmsman" in Hawaiian (as far as online is concerned). Google says "director" but that may be inaccurate [the Hawaiian dictionary I use agrees with the former]. But no harm done...

===

As a whole, card is technically fine; at least it gets another Show Jumper out onto the field so you can bounce and trigger their appropriate effects. Whatever you mill just gets revived with Obstacle Clearing (which is literally what the entire sport they're based on is) or ʻEleʻele himself, and becoming R5 fodder with it doesn't hurt either. (Right, and it bounces itself for another excavate/mill). If anything, it does help them maintain field presence which you WILL lose because of the bouncing, but they would prefer stuff that lets them continually keep monsters up every turn, or even make sure the opponent can't chain.

(I do need to note that I have added new stuff to the Archetype; as has Draco, but I haven't added those changes to the OP yet.)

Sunbeast

This is something they really needed; a way to open turn 1 without relying on Lāpaki, Kākela or having to use the Edea/Eidos engine to start plays (and definitely faster than waiting on Mayhem). Granted, Unleash was already designed to alleviate the Tribute need to an extent, but it helps. Also triggers Lio and ʻĪliohae so revival is sweet. Banishing effect is helpful though in most cases; everything bar Kia needs a summon or alleviated via the Field Spell. They can Rank 5 if they want to, but not really.

Then again, any form of backrow support is appreciated, considering how barren it is right now.

====

(Also writing Hawaiian words properly is a pain, but I have to do it because academics and because lack/addition of diacriticals means an entirely different word)

Okay, I just want to take time to point out how great Zodiac Sky Prison is for Zodiacaptors, before I say my bit.

Zodiacaptors are entirely based around these Zodiac Counters, and more often than not you'll wind up with at least 3 on yourself almost constantly, so activating it for some negation is actually a lot easier than you'd think. Then, if you remove a bunch of Counters at once (ie, Summoning their boss, who removes all your Counters when it hits the field), it Sets itself from the Graveyard, guaranteeing Zodiacaptor Dragon a backrow card to protect it when it inevitably makes more Counters.

Anyway, Tinkerer, I'm really glad you're doing this, especially because you've caught some potentially dangerous card text errors in several AGM archetypes. Whenever you're up to getting back to these, I'll be reading over them once again.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll drop a review of the two most recent support cards you've made for archetypes I've designed: Wilonka Sugar Case and Jurassic Dragon - Swooping Claw.

Sugar Case is really interesting because, unlike a lot of Wilonka monsters, it doesn't pay out with much immediate advantage generation. Unless you Summoned it off of the Field Spell's floating effect (or, y'know, using its regular effect to turn this guy into a Level 3 in your hand, but retain its Level on the field), you're generally just going to revive whatever you Tributed to Summon it, which is probably one of the already-pretty-spammable Level 3 or lowers. Then, if it gets Tributed for an archetype member, you turn that archetype member into essentially an archetypal OPT Foolish Burial machine. However, when this is extrapolated further, this one monster vastly improves the consistency of Wilonka and even gives then a way to make boards that amount to triple Towers+Quasar clones with a stat debuff effect if you can topdeck like Yusei. Very, very nice combo piece.

Swooping Claw is . . . interesting. As a boss, what it mostly seems to do is pop threats out of your opponent's hand, and swing for game once its statline is high enough (which will not take long if you're playing the Deck right). I honestly like how you turned two GX anime monsters, one pretty bad and one sorta decent, and turn them into potentially one of the most powerful monsters that our Jurassic Dragons have at their disposal. To boot, it doubles as recycling if you lost an important monster (NOT MY FUSION!), which is nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived