Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

YCMembers.  The Mod Team has heard you.  Sometime ago, you suggested a Public Relations Moderator for better communication between moderators and members should be put into place.  As with any public relations, it is in all of our best interests if your Public Relations Moderator was elected by you.  At this time, we would like you to come forward with a name of someone who you, the YCMembers, deem most appropriate to fulfill this position.

What will a Public Relations Moderator do?

In short, a Public Relations Moderator will be the representative "face" of YCMembers.  He or she will communicate and work closely with the Mod team to best shed light on what members of YCM want and need.  They will be the best way for the Mod Team to be as transparent and clear as possible.  Elected by you, they will perform standard mod duties, but will be in place to have your foremost wishes brought to light.  

After voicing your choice for someone who should be put into place as a PR Mod, the team will as always discuss our own opinions.  After deliberating and narrowing down your selective choices, we will announce the PR Mod publicly so that you are aware of your newly elected Mod.  

Please be sure to include why you are choosing said member to be your representative, and what quantities you believe they are able to bring to the team, in addition to being how they represent the YCMember base.  And remember:  We're not looking for currently established moderators to be PR Mod.  We're looking for one of you.

Thank you for cooperation.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cue the slew of votes for Black.

He's made the most effort to be transparent to the community even during his first tenure as mod. Even when he wasn't mod, he'd work his connections and let other people know what's going on and consistently voice his opinions and acknowledge those he disagreed with, ensuring that everyone was heard.

He basically does the job already. As for representing the base, he's consistently been here since '09 and has dabbled in all sections at one point or another. He knows everybody and I'd say most people know him.

Not to say there aren't other qualified candidates on the team, but he's the clear choice in my book.

Cue the slew of votes for Black.

He's made the most effort to be transparent to the community even during his first tenure as mod. Even when he wasn't mod, he'd work his connections and let other people know what's going on and consistently voice his opinions and acknowledge those he disagreed with, ensuring that everyone was heard.

He basically does the job already. As for representing the base, he's consistently been here since '09 and has dabbled in all sections at one point or another. He knows everybody and I'd say most people know him.

Not to say there aren't other qualified candidates on the team, but he's the clear choice in my book.

T-Shrug.gif

We're looking for one of you guys, not us. I'm not exactly the highest approved member of the site, and while I can and will continue to try and gives you guys clarity, I don't think I can handle the Kook-shaped hole in YCM's Kook-shaped heart by myself.

There is a name that's been thrown around, but it's a matter of the team approving/wanting to hear our options.

T-Shrug.gif

We're looking for one of you guys, not us. I'm not exactly the highest approved member of the site, and while I can and will continue to try and gives you guys clarity, I don't think I can handle the Kook-shaped hole in YCM's Kook-shaped heart by myself.

There is a name that's been thrown around, but it's a matter of the team approving/wanting to hear our options.

No, but you have stood up for users consistently, been patient, and been willing to buck the mod line when you needed to. We need someone with clout on the mod team, but also the willingness to open up to the users. I second fusion here

Mido9 seems like a good choice otherwise, you need someone skeptical of power to take that role. I assume vla1ne is still too busy >:(

T-Shrug.gif

Oh, I misunderstood. I think I misremembered something someone said in the other thread about making you or someone change to PR since CC wasn't too active.

I'll mull it over then and cast a recommendation later.

I believe we need someone highly skeptical of the mod team currently to take up this role...some people fit that bill better than others

A liason needs to be able to openly converse with both parties. IE: someone who gets on with pretty much everyone and who is open to dialogue. I don't see a need for skepticism here.

I suppose I will put my name as well, though I will be on record and say that I definitely support Fusion should I be passed up (assuming he has interest in the position.)

I have established working relationships with multiple members of the mod team over the last few years, and have taken part in the addition of some features to the site (most notably the availability of custom member groups, which originated from a discussion including myself, cowcow, aix, yui, and several others).

I have demonstrated distinct interest and involvement in site-wide events, including but not limited to the Halloween masquerades. Though my involvement in them was not official, I think I can take credit for at least a portion of their activity, with the weirdmageddon in 2015 revitalizing the monster cast and member interest as it began to wane, and I made concerted efforts in the 2016 event to keep the members on track to complete the event as planned.

My popularity on this site is questionable, and I have had conflicts with multiple members in the past, but it is not the sort of issue that would get in my way of work.

So yeah. Wooooo parenthesis for mod.

I believe we need someone highly skeptical of the mod team currently to take up this role...some people fit that bill better than others 

The part of this I find funny is I've likely done more to question the mods than many

But the reason I quote this is to say I'm unsure if skeptical is a good thing for this. They simply need to be willing to be objective about the mods and stand up to them. Doesn't need skepticism. Especially cause a skeptic is more willing to not actually work with them.

Who do the moderating team think would be a good pick?

Right now, Birdie/Bree.

Basically, Black brought her up for consideration amongst ourselves, and for the most part, we have a consensus about it. 

(We are talking about other candidates as well, but some of those aren't as convincing due to any flaws that have been pointed out.)

So yeah Birdie, what do you think about being up for this?

===

While you guys suggest more candidates, we'll look over the ones you've already given us. 

A liason needs to be able to openly converse with both parties. IE: someone who gets on with pretty much everyone and who is open to dialogue. I don't see a need for skepticism here.

Cowcow nailed it, I used the wrong word

The part of this I find funny is I've likely done more to question the mods than many

But the reason I quote this is to say I'm unsure if skeptical is a good thing for this. They simply need to be willing to be objective about the mods and stand up to them. Doesn't need skepticism. Especially cause a skeptic is more willing to not actually work with them.

Objective is right, my error, sorry

Right now, Birdie/Bree.

Basically, Black brought her up for consideration amongst ourselves, and for the most part, we have a consensus about it. 

(We are talking about other candidates as well, but some of those aren't as convincing due to any flaws that have been pointed out.)

===

While you guys suggest more candidates, we'll look over the ones you've already given us. 

Well if she's anything like Black, she'll be a welcome addition. May I suggest a surprise pick, and also nominate my former debate rival Jesse? I've grown to appreciate her recently, and she seems like she'd be an objective personality to have. Would prefer Hina or Mido tho

Who do the moderating team think would be a good pick?

EDIT: I am currently willing to vote for Beatrice, Cow or perhaps even Parentheses for PR Mod. I don't know Fusion that much since they don't seem to post in the areas I frequent.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Also, I told Aubrey she should have been one a while ago. She's pretty nice though (when I spoke to her).

sheet I should stop being wishy washy about promoting myself.

I honestly think I'd be a really good choice for this. Outside of RP i'm pretty unknown and more likely to come into any discussions with a neutral standpoint. Those who do know me like me a lot (as far as I'm aware). I'm communicative and pretty articulate when I need to be, buut I think my habit of keeping conversations casual(ish) would go a long way insofar as being a go-between between the site's members and the mod team.

I don't really wanna toot my own horn, but i'm also an excellent mediator, and as far as mod duties go, this position caters to my strong suits, that being conversing with members and adressing problems, as opposed to section upkeep or coding which I know very little about.

Also i'm a duck. I think that's important to convey.

Edit: Birdie was on my list of people, actually. Full support.

Right now, Birdie/Bree.

This is the one position I've been advocating for existing for a long time now, I'm not gonna just... Ignore it now that it's here. I've mentioned before, and I still hold to this, that I think this is a position I can fill pretty well. My activity on the site is spent mostly lurking the sections, but interacting with members on the status bar and through Discord. I talk to people, and I'm paying attention to what's going on with members as much as I can. Even if the excessive amounts of politics makes me sick at times.

I've been maintaining the mod team needs someone to communicate with members, Josh fills the role as much as he can, and honestly, I think it's good to have someone promoted who can work with him well. He's essentially the mod team's closest thing to a PR mod currently as mentioned, giving him an official title would just be that, a title. He already does all that. So whoever gets the position would need to be able to work with him as well. There... Are a few suggestions here that I don't think could work with Black well.

So, yeah, I'm completely interested in the position. I've been calling this out as a thing that was needed for a fair bit of time now.

Well if she's anything like Black, she'll be a welcome addition. May I suggest a surprise pick, and also nominate my former debate rival Jesse? I've grown to appreciate her recently, and she seems like she'd be an objective personality to have. Would prefer Hina or Mido tho

It's worth noting, like I said, this is a position where whoever gets it would be working closely with Black. He handles a lot of these transparency and communication things already, and I don't think he needs to stop doing what he does. I really think that's something that needs to be kept in mind.

I really love how black is willing to be objective about the mod team (and on many occasions be the voice of reason against certain members of it), putting someone similar to black, but maybe with a more publicly sweet personality (Josh, I like you, but you can be a jabroni sometimes) would be dope. One the other hand, a straight talker like Hina would be appreciated too. She's been here for ages, not afraid of anyone really. And is pretty well respected all around. My top choice is still Hina birdie, but I would not be upset to see you get the job

This is the one position I've been advocating for existing for a long time now, I'm not gonna just... Ignore it now that it's here. I've mentioned before, and I still hold to this, that I think this is a position I can fill pretty well. My activity on the site is spent mostly lurking the sections, but interacting with members on the status bar and through Discord. I talk to people, and I'm paying attention to what's going on with members as much as I can. Even if the excessive amounts of politics makes me sick at times.

I've been maintaining the mod team needs someone to communicate with members, Josh fills the role as much as he can, and honestly, I think it's good to have someone promoted who can work with him well. He's essentially the mod team's closest thing to a PR mod currently as mentioned, giving him an official title would just be that, a title. He already does all that. So whoever gets the position would need to be able to work with him as well. There... Are a few suggestions here that I don't think could work with Black well.

So, yeah, I'm completely interested in the position. I've been calling this out as a thing that was needed for a fair bit of time now.

It's worth noting, like I said, this is a position where whoever gets it would be working closely with Black. He handles a lot of these transparency and communication things already, and I don't think he needs to stop doing what he does. I really think that's something that needs to be kept in mind.

Black and the rest of the team have spoken open and honestly about you, with nothing but positive mentions.  In the event that the public of YCM backs you, we'd of course be willing to work with you.  Especially us Genji mains.

Archived