BeelzPlays

Hey friends! My favorite Attribute is WIND, and I think we all know that the WIND Attribute is the one Konami hates the most unfortunately. I wanted to try my hand at revamping Atticus Rhodes' GX "Sphere" archetype. Cause, why not, you know? I realize that the manga archetype already has certain support and cards, but when I researched them I found that they sucked. Like, a lot. So I focused on the "equipping monsters" aspect of their strategy and ran with it. Therefore, this archetype essentially ignores all the real support like Troposphere, The Atmosphere, etc. Cause they're horrible.

Also, I made pictures of all of these cards but... I still can't figure out how to put them up here. But I will update it when I do figure it out.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Monsters:

Air Sphere - ** WIND Wingedbeast/Tuner/Effect (0/0):

While you control another Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster, your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for attacks. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip it to this card until your next Standby Phase; then, return it to your opponent’s field in its original position. If this card would be destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, you can destroy 1 card equipped to this monster instead.

Thermo Sphere - *** WIND Wingedbeast/Effect (0/0):

While you control another Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster, your opponent cannot target other monsters you control with card effects. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip it to this card until your next Standby Phase; then, return it to your opponent’s field in its original position. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card equipped to it. You can send 1 card equipped to this monster to the Graveyard: The original Level of this card becomes 6.

Strato Sphere - **** WIND Wingedbeast/Effect (0/0):

Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip it to this card. This card gains 1500 ATK and DEF for each monster card equipped to it. If this card would be destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, you can destroyed 1 card equipped to this monster instead. Once per turn, you can target 1 other Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster you control: Equip 1 card equipped to this card to that target.

Tropo Sphere - ****** WIND Wingedbeast/Effect (0/0):

Unaffected by the effects of your opponent’s Trap Cards. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip it to this card. (You can only have 1 monster equipped to this card by this effect at a time.) This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the total ATK and DEF of the monster(s) equipped to it. If this card would be destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, you can destroy 1 card equipped to this monster instead. You can send 1 card equipped to this monster to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster from your hand.

Meso Sphere - ****** WIND Wingedbeast/Effect (0/0):

Unaffected by the effects of your opponent’s Spell Cards. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip it to this card. (You can only have 1 monster equipped to this card by this effect at a time.)  This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the total ATK and DEF of the monster(s) equipped to it. If this card would be destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, you can destroy 1 card equipped to this monster instead. You can send 1 card equipped to this monster to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster from your hand.

Exo Sphere - ****** WIND Winged-Beast/XYZ/Effect (0/0):

2 Level 6 Wingedbeast-Type monsters

Unaffected by the effects of your opponent’s Spell and Trap Cards. You can detach 1 XYZ Material from this card: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and equip it to this card. This card gains ATK and DEF respectively equal to half the total ATK and DEF of the monsters equipped to it.

Atmos Sphere - ******** WIND Winged-Beast/Synchro/Effect (0/0):

1 “Air Sphere” + 1 Wingedbeast Non-tuner monster

You can excavate the top card of your opponent's Deck: If it is a Monster Card, equip it to this card. You can only activate this effect up to 3 times per turn. This card gains 800 ATK and DEF for each card equipped to it. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can target 1 other Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster you control: Equip that target to this card; then, during the End Phase of this turn, return that monster to the field in its original position.

Crimson Simorgh, the Primal Dyson Sphere - ********* FIRE Winged-beast/Fusion/Effect (0/0):

“Atmos Sphere” + “Exo Sphere”

This card can also be Fusion Summoned by sending the above materials you control with at least 1 monster equipped to each to the Graveyard. (You do not use Polymerization.) When this card is Fusion Summoned, look through your opponent’s Extra Deck (including face-up cards): Select up to 3 of those monsters and equip them to this card. If an opponent’s monster targets a monster you control for an attack or card effect: You can negate that attack or effect, and if you do, equip that monster to this card. Once per turn, you can send 1 monster that is equipped to this card to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that card’s original ATK.

Spells:

Eiderdown, the Climate Council - Field Spell:

During your Draw Phase, if you draw a Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster, you can reveal it: Add 1 “Sphere" Equip Spell card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if you control no monsters, you can banish 1 Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 “Air Sphere” from your hand, Deck, or any player’s Graveyard.

Sphere Factor - Equip Spell:

Equip only to a Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster. The equipped monster is unaffected by your opponent’s monster effects; also, you take no Battle Damage involving the equipped monster. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it from your Graveyard to target 1 Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster you control: If that target’s effects are negated, they are no longer negated, and its effects cannot be negated until your next Standby Phase.

Living Biosphere - Equip Spell:

Equip only to a Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster. While this face-up card is on the field, it can be treated as a Normal Monster (Wingedbeast-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). During your opponent’s turn, you can reveal this card in your hand: Equip this card to an appropriate monster on the field. (This is a Quick-Effect.) If activated this way, destroy this card during the End Phase of this turn. You can send this card you control to the Graveyard: Equip 1 “Sphere” Equip Spell from your Graveyard to an appropriate monster on the field, except “Living Biosphere”. You can only activate this effect of “Living Biosphere” once per turn.

Sphere Leader - Equip Spell:

Equip only to a Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere" monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK; also, it cannot be destroyed by battle. When the equipped monster declares an attack, before Damage Calculation, destroy 1 card your opponent controls. If you cannot, destroy this card after Damage Calculation. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Draw 1 card.

Traps:

Climate Change - Normal Trap:

Shuffle any number of Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monsters you control into your Deck; then, shuffle up to that number of cards your opponent controls into their Deck; and if you do, Special Summon 1 Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster from your Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the number of monsters shuffled into their owner's Decks by this effect +2.

Doppler Forecast - Normal Trap:

Add 1 Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your Graveyard while you control a Wingedbeast-Type “Sphere” monster with no cards equipped to it, you can equip this card from your Graveyard to that monster. While this card is on the field due to this effect, it can be treated as a Normal Monster (Wingedbeast-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). You can only activate 1 effect of “Doppler Forecast” per turn, and only once per turn.

Archived