Rep Rankings? Part 2, The Rep Strikes Back

I made a thread about this before, in Q&A, but there was no real progress.

There is currently not a "title" for 2500 reps, since Armz-like was removed by Armz's request.

I would like this to change. And perhaps add another for higher rank given I think Black is far ahead of 2500 by now.

I suggest that this could be a decision made by the people. Or, at least, by the people who are

1. At 2500

2. Near 2500

Oh and putting a list of the rep ranks somewhere would be nice, as well.

Black has over 3500 reps at this point, so yeah. Think Rod and Agro follow him after that in mid-2500s/early 2600s, then Nyx (for reasons) and suppose me.

We can make a list of the rep levels, but you'd have to ask evil for a more comprehensive list as I cannot access the rep levels (and neither can the other normal mods). List he posted back then should be accurate.

===

Elite works well enough, but if you guys want other titles, mention them. (Can't guarantee that we'll add a new rep level right away though, considering other discussions, but it'll be looked into.)

This is sort of a separate thing, but while we're on the subject of rep rankings, is it possible to add a tab somewhere that categorizes everyone by rep like we do for post count?

That may be something that isn't available in IP.Boards, but we can look.

Would "Toadally Awesome" be a good rank name? It's Yugioh related, it's funny, and it's accurate.

How do the rest of you feel about this? Yeah, evilfusion made the Ultimateness one as a joke on Herald of Ultimateness, but....

Elite would be sweet for 2500+ plus.

BTW, how am I still the top 3?

Since Armz asked to be reduced, you technically moved up to #2 last time I checked, behind Black. I don't know anyone else who's even close to 2500, bar me and Cow right now; other members are close, but not yet.

Swap Elite with Ultimateness. I'll think of a 3500 one.

Honestly I would not like this. Because Ultimateness has been there for so long and, personally speaking, it'll feel as though I didn't actually change rank.

This is sort of a separate thing, but while we're on the subject of rep rankings, is it possible to add a tab somewhere that categorizes everyone by rep like we do for post count?

I would love this

Elite would be sweet for 2500+ plus.

BTW, how am I still the top 3?

Because I'm not enough of a whore

Maybe have 2500 be Elite. Black's choice for 3500 (since it's just him atm)

And 5000 be like Divine or something?

If Black reaches it and becomes a Super-Mod he could be "Black, The Legendary Divine Super-Mod"

Elite being over ultimateness makes no sense.

It's not really a custom sounding title, so being higher than Ultimateness such seems wrong, aside from being counterintuitive.

If anything, I'll echo Speedroid: 2500 should be Toadally Awesome.

Or maybe 2200 should be

Elite being over ultimateness makes no sense.

It's not really a custom sounding title, so being higher than Ultimateness such seems wrong, aside from being counterintuitive.

If anything, I'll echo Speedroid: 2500 should be Toadally Awesome.

Or maybe 2200 should be

Ultimateness makes no sense to begin with ;)

To me it makes much less sense to basically "demote" people. Since as said, no matter the specific words, the fact remains that Ultimateness was the rank people were before they reached 2500. Think about it. Me and Sakura are at Ultimateness. Then we get around 100 reps and...go back to Ultimateness.

I still believe my suggestion is for the best.

Ultimateness makes no sense to begin with ;)

To me it makes much less sense to basically "demote" people. Since as said, no matter the specific words, the fact remains that Ultimateness was the rank people were before they reached 2500. Think about it. Me and Sakura are at Ultimateness. Then we get around 100 reps and...go back to Ultimateness.

I still believe my suggestion is for the best.

I suggested toadally awesome be 2500

Adding in elite over Ultimateness, which is a meme spawned by Konami's name for a Herald ritual, feels out of place and like a step back.

I'm not saying bump Ultimateness up anymore. I'm saying leave it and abandon elite. YGO Jokes make more sense.

Like, 2500, (3000), 3500, and 5000 are all important numbers in yugjoh.

If anything, could do a theme around that, if people wanted, or just use meme ranks like Toadally Awesome, that make more sense due to sounding like a rank, albeit a silly one.

@Cow: Nyx is the next one above me (unless Agro hasn't been getting reps lately and regressed [doubt it]), so yeah. That in mind, I've not seen Nyx post in this section, least recently, but that's off-topic.

Don't recall any other members in the 2000 range right now, maybe bar Zex, but he's inactive.

EDIT: Quick rep check; Agro does have less than Nyx at the moment.

===

Toadally Awesome at 2500 is fine, though I don't really have any feelings towards said card in general (even with the TCG name and general annoyance in the meta). FGD can be considered for 5000, yes, but it's going to be a while before someone gets there.

Elite has elitist connotations and isn't very impressive in general.

Something about this feels contradictory.

It has impact on everyone, technically, because anyone can reach it. The only precedent set is that the lead in reps has one rank named after/by them.

I think toadally awesome (2500) and F.G.D. (5000) make sense.

While technically true one would need 5 reps every day for several months to go from 2000-2500 so it's a little unrealistic.

To be honest it was once basically a joke rank named after someone so I don't see why it shouldn't be named by those it'd affect.

I can kind of understand wanting to get as many people into the discussion but atm even at that it seems

1: Neutral to anything

3: Wanting Elite

2: Wanting Toadally Awesome (What even is this btw? I thought you were referring to Beary....)

1: Not specifically wanting anything but not wanting Elite

Something about this feels contradictory.

While technically true one would need 5 reps every day for several months to go from 2000-2500 so it's a little unrealistic.

To be honest it was once basically a joke rank named after someone so I don't see why it shouldn't be named by those it'd affect.

I can kind of understand wanting to get as many people into the discussion but atm even at that it seems

1: Neutral to anything

3: Wanting Elite

2: Wanting Toadally Awesome (What even is this btw? I thought you were referring to Beary....)

1: Not specifically wanting anything but not wanting Elite

ToadallyAwesome-INOV-EN-ScR-1E.png

This is what the supposed new rank for 2500 would be named after.

I like the idea of making rep ranks refer to YGO in some way. That is the central theme of the forum, after all.

Toadally Awesome seems like a good one for 2200, considering its got a "2" thing going on for it.

I think adding new rank names for every 500 reps after 1000 would be fun, exception being TA if added. I don't know if that'd be considered overkill or not, but figured I'd throw the idea out there.

If elitism impresses you, I guess.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More to the fact that it couldn't really have elitist connotations (despite literally saying "Elite")  if it weren't impressive sounding.

As in an elitist name would have to be something intentionally impressive-sounding, imo. Because an Elitist group would want a name that would be impressive.

I think that makes sense...

More to the fact that it couldn't really have elitist connotations (despite literally saying "Elite")  if it weren't impressive sounding.

As in an elitist name would have to be something intentionally impressive-sounding, imo. Because an Elitist group would want a name that would be impressive.

I think that makes sense...

Elite gives off elitist tones.

Elitist is a negative thing where people honk they're better than themselves 9/10

Archived