Should Cyber Jar come back to 1

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cyber Jar come back to 1

• Yes
    • No

Many people think Cyber Jar is broken but the card as it is is too slow in today meta and even if it does get flip more often than not it gets negated due to how frequently people either have a monster effect negater on the field or spell/trap card that can stop it. It should also be noted that if the drawing is a problem, morphing Jar is at 1 in OCG and does not see much play.

cyber_jar_by_kienctn15-d8jbabw.jpg

yeah bring back fiber jar too, whats really good tho

im p serious, they're both p unplayable esp when fiber jar resetting the game barely matter when we have a tonna T1 combo assuming u even get to flip

It's sad how this can be unironically true nowdays

Many people think Cyber Jar is broken but the card as it is is too slow in today meta and even if it does get flip more often than not it gets negated due to how frequently people either have a monster effect negater on the field or spell/trap card that can stop it. It should also be noted that if the drawing is a problem, morphing Jar is at 1 in OCG and does not see much play.

cyber_jar_by_kienctn15-d8jbabw.jpg

Why stop at 1? To 3!

It's not about being slow or not. It's about what applications it has.

Morphing Jar :   is @1 because it doesn't affect the field, but it still gives hand advantage. To both players.

Cyber Jar       :  is @0 becuase it affects the field and also gives both hand and field advantage. To both players but  it's often the card's controller who benefits more and can guarantee much more wins, compared to Morphing Jar.

1) The opponent can usually activate monsters' effects with flip condition during the Battle Phase (flipping them face-up is not common practice any more). Therefore, they already lose any advantage they'd gain from Main Phase 1 and can only hope their opponent didn't sack.

2) If it's the Cyber Jar's controller's turn: It's obvious who has the advantage. Nuff said.

In a ridiculous scenario, just manage to negate all attacks or activate something like "Threatening Roar", then win the Duel.

Maybe if an errata takes place (but honestly I like it the way it is; it's too good to need only very few changes), otherwise no.

I hope I made sense.

I'd be interested in it being tested, like Snatch Steal format

Its highest drawbacks were being an Equip Spell (Twister, and not only, says hi) and not giving as much advantage as Cyber Jar does. If anything, it's only (worth noticing) advantage over Mind Control was that you could keep the monster you targeted, but that's it.

Nah, keep this at 0 and free my n***a Stratos instead.

Now, seriously, I'd love seeing this go to 1. If Raigeki and TER were once seen as permanent bans and are now essentially s*** cards, I can't see why this can't come back either.

To be fair Thousand Eyes Restrict was basically the earlier variant of the Stratos meme for several years before it was actually unbanned

Also Konmai will unban this instead of giving real support to Subterrors :)))

Archived