Seth Plays Pokémon Storm Silver

Sethera

~Seth Plays Pokémon Storm Silver~

Or where I hop on the nuzlocke bandwagon...again. Because I am horrible and inconsistent and it's all Skaia's fault.

Also I just really like what little I've played of this hack so far. Because that's what it is. Pokémon Storm Silver is a hack made by Drayano, who is also known for creating Fire Red Omega, Spirit Gold, and Blaze Black/Volt White. Anyway, you can read all the changes that he made on the website, but basically he just made the game bigger, cooler, and harder. So I am playing a nuzlocke for a game that's been made to be more difficult. rip. But never say I do not love challenges. Because there's something exhilarating about them I can't resist.

If you are reading this, you should also try reading Skaia's Bandwagoning Trash Nuzlog. There are a couple other good nuzlockes out there, but as Skaia is my eternal rival (at least here), and his nuzlocke is what inspired me to do this, I feel it is only right to mention it.

I do not plan on abandoning the FE LP btw, just am doing this as well. Because I am trash. Yes, I know.

Part 1 - Joining the Bandwagon
Yes, I know I'm normie trash for doing this, but I don't care.

[spoiler=Skaia I blame you]

BGM
GiZpPfK.png
Well if you didn't know already you do now that this game was presented by Game Freak ®.

4hMDlAm.png
What is that? Up in the sky, look. It's a bird. It's a plane. It's...

sXGTksa.png
Still a bird. And it's not even Gligarman, either.

eoMNucG.pngBm8U9m6.png
And these are the main stars. You can be either the boy on the left or the girl on the right.

irP40NO.pngzMKKQsE.png543Qq6b.png
A glimpse of some places we'll be seeing.

GjM3yL8.png
Who's this dude?

qfE1Spg.png
Whoever he is, he seems to be pretty cocky. Looks like a square.

3B7lboq.pngFBRXwVs.png
These guys exist.

8wGfSSS.png
Another close-up of the main stars.

t0XiAqX.pngtBBYx3p.pngkxEqpq6.png
Pokémon doing Pokémon stuff. Is kind of similar to the D/P/Pt opening, which makes sense, as it's the same generation.

nnZLmKG.png
A glimpse of the sky and the sea.

BGM
nV7AHul.png
And here we are! Let me officially welcome you to my let's play of Pokémon Storm Silver!

ZsBxeCx.pngCo8uyWs.pngnQuMHNj.png9KJA2EO.png

PZENGsc.pngZqLxm7S.png
Twilight, huh. Yeah, that's a good time to start doing something like this. Wish the word wasn't ruined by its affiliation to a certain book, though.

BGM
pBoU2od.pngX7qCUeS.png
So the intro is a little different from normal, but that's because I'm playing a hack. Normally, I'd skip most of this, but because of that...I won't.

LGhCt8D.pngPDyOkk5.pngYrBU2X3.png
Tell me, O Magic Eight Ball, what we should know..

emFTDfm.png7eV9wRD.pngSPsIIKq.pngBJbNh9D.png
So basically there are more Pokémon than before. Cool. I'm doing my best Skaia impression, okay?

NiKHR9s.pngrkQF3dl.pngF5gIEvG.png
Uh-oh. Here it comes.

1pqg5sn.png1ZzXaPl.png
Then he shows us the main stars again. I'll be picking one of these to play as. I'm sure you can guess which. It's the one that doesn't look like a goofy Mario clone. Kris was so much better. Also, I really like the boy's cap, so yeah.

GWTrTor.png
You don't sound too sure.

He also wants us to share our name. Mine's pretty obvious.
FOhzaax.pngeBeZhdt.pnggHGIilQ.png
For what?!

sx07Hmj.pngOPoq0pS.pngvGxSkcm.png
Sounds thrilling. But if I want to stay home instead?

Pje19oX.png
Here we get some weird space distortion crap.

RkYimCZ.png
And here I am.

NUmZb2D.pngqNCItXl.png
Let's check my mailbox--oh yeah, I forgot how much of a spaz Lyra is.

ED8BbzU.png
But I'm not quite ready to start my adventure yet. Let's...take a nap. In the evening. Yeah. I totally do that, actually. Mainly because my body has absolutely no sense of circadian rhythm.

kTjlNTQ.png
Anyways, time to head downstairs.

BGM
8eSUXM0.png
Where Mom is just uhh, waiting for us. Kind of creepy. Mom, have you been taking your pills?

Jb2n16q.png
Thanks, Mom. I knew I was forgetting something.

7glhHab.pngaGjmPpV.pngzvgFNT8.png3MgeJsE.png
Boo-yah! We get all this stuff right away, and it rocks!

FSws9ss.png4puaCeB.png
Yes, I do, and will use these to set the scene for how things will go. Get it? Cuz Set...yeah. Never mind.

NCFguj3.png
Speaking of Set...this is me.

BGM
L7Vl6B5.pngPiaIKtM.png7LLUOiP.png
Immediately after leaving the house, Lyra's Marill greets us. Sheesh, we haven't even closed the door yet!

5iS7mnP.png
Yeah?

6wO7v1I.png
Cool.

7KJaSRt.pngJjyIGb9.png
The camera icon means I just took a screenshot. I usually edit that out but been feeling lazy lately.

WEnJkNy.pngtuVNgbw.png
WELL THANKS FOR RUBBING IT IN. a******. Lyra, this is why I hate coming over to your house.

JiZo6bD.pngkTH0IJG.pngNH7oFxn.png
Someone's a bit of a Marill freak. Also, a change from the original HGSS games, in which she only had Marill.

tcPn8iE.png
And we come upstairs to say hello to Azumarill. No, not to Lyra. She can be annoying on the best of days. Sorry, Lyra, but you know it's true.

7SEUMqz.png

New Bark Town - A town where the wind blows and tells of impending change.

Anyways, this is where we live. New Bark Town. Where every roof is the color of new bark.

njT6xOk.pngHVPHZrT.png
Where people say random things.

Rizi1VK.pngzKkBhVm.pngwUFIr9P.pngGvKNHak.png
And where everybody admires the professor.

gR8Inp4.png
Except this guy, don't know who he is. Never seen him before.

qJvsCnJ.pngxFGem5k.png
Your face.

aoLNqQi.png
And then he kicks me away. How rude. :T Let's just enter the lab.

BGM
vArHkJ1.pngnxKce7p.pngK06fdXB.png
Oh, so you want to me to be your guinea pig, I see.

hHJE1Pw.pnghKe6dJw.pngvYEuT8f.png
Somebody has the attention span of a caffeinated Sentret, I see.

H0xfX1W.png57ycGMA.pngV9nIe9R.png
A free Pokémon?! Sure, I'll do it! Sign me up!
Which Pokémon do I pick? Do I ever find out what that redhead's problem is? What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen sparrow? You might find the answers...NEXT TIME! On Seth Plays Pokémon Storm Silver aka Seth hops on the Pokémon bandwagon even though they've hopped on and off before!

Part 2 - Guided Tour

I started over because I wanted to use an updated patch that includes the fairy type, but nothing much has changed aside from the trainer ID. Also decided to start using gifs now like everybody else because I'm bandwagoning trash.

[spoiler=Or where I get stopped a lot]

All right we last left off with me being offered to choose a Pokémon.

BGM
Ux5wLsO.pngINCN1gm.png
This is a choice I will probably come to regret later, for reasons.

yDF53p5.png
You might know this from the last attempt at an LP which trailed off when I started to feel like nobody was paying attention to it. But it's a tradition for me when I nuzlocke to use a name generator to come up with names, mainly because I can't be bothered to come up with them myself usually unless I'm doing a regular run-through, where I usually only use like six or eight Pokémon. So anyway, the generator came up with Scot, so Scot it is.

uSydyQu.pngCcGQm0Q.png9QOcMri.png
Here comes one of my favorite mechanics ever. Walking! As in walking with your Pokémon. With it trailing along behind you which they really needed to put in other games because it's great, and not limited to parks or dreams or whatever. But oh well.

caIFIVJ.png5tyDkz7.pngqgeGhGE.png
Elm decides to be helpful and give us directions to the place. How very nice of him. With that, we're on our way. But first...

5fXvX7Z.pngtu5DP2O.png
The helpful lab assistant gives us some Potions. Thank you, helpful lab assistant. I have no clue what your name is, so yeah. Cue awkward silence.

QwQMqaq.pngAh19q3c.png
With that advice given, we leave the lab, and begin our journey.

BGM
bEFWurY.png3Shnybt.png5QHRu1i.png
Not. Lyra wants to congratulate us on getting a Pokémon finally. She's been bugging me to do it for quite a while now. Her dad hasn't been helping things. I'M A LATE BLOOMER, OKAY?!

pcVYAAg.png
He totally is. He also has spiky hedgehog flames on his back. If not for the random name generator, I probably would have named him Kazo.

IorUpaL.pngzIKhRX3.pngw7E5azi.png
That's so cute. Her Marill is saying hello to my new Pokémon.

Y7gcECc.pngx1a69Bp.pngiWTSBTC.png18H60Qs.png
This is so cute I don't even.  :444816_key:

7yJKu9W.png
Don't cha wish your Pokémon was hot like me? Oh wait, you don't have one. BWAHAHA! Now it's MY turn to mock people for their lack of Pokémon. Eat your heart out, Lyra's dad! Too bad he's not here. He'd probably just make fun of how my Pokémon is weak to Lyra's or something anyway, though.

Anyway, let's check out our Pokémon.
uNdJuJI.png9GHyHjh.png
One neat thing about this mod is that starters can sometimes have a different ability. For instance, Scot has Flash Fire instead of Blaze.

Anyway, I decide to start out on my journey, but I forget about one little thing.
YwaW2uJ.pngatrDBlj.png9syFwtb.png
My mom. Also my Pokégear. Super great tool, and probably my favorite iteration of the "special fun little device" in all the gens. Which is kind of sad since it's the original one.

LWiYVCq.png
Even Mom can see the cuteness overload that is Scot the Cyndaquil.

2tJP4Sa.pngHmOJwLO.png
He wants me to help him learn how to walk Pokémon. Then go over to Mr. Pokémon and see what he wants.

7lchvl6.png
Not really. Well, I guess the walking over to Mr. Pokémon's house part, but that's mainly because of the wild Pokémon that infest this whole region.

WIX0xk4.png
You've been watching too much anime again, haven't you, Mom?

WF8K6Gp.pngoZcMBoG.pnghRpbKlA.png
Yay! Pokégear get!

qUQunbD.png3Fbgezu.png
It's like Windex for Trainers. Except it doesn't clean.

SLwj03w.pngwFRKOh6.png
I'm not the one who forgets to take their daily medication, mother.

1lsElxl.png
She's still used to the landline dial phones from the fossil age.

Anyway, after a goodbye hug, we leave the house to finally start on our journey.
RfkggKS.png
Kevin-Spacey.gif

Apparently he forgot to give us his phone number.
UAFTloe.png
Joy.

BGM
R3cTclv.png2X8xF0O.png
Route 29 - A road that begins a journey. The road smells like freshly cut grass.
Now we're leaving. Also it smells like someone took a lawnmower to the place. Guess it's to keep them wild Pokévarmints from taking over and everything.

rbNgNQd.png
Speaking of wild Pokévarmints...

E8ISWvy.png
This is the first one we see. Too bad I don't have any Poké Balls yet so this doesn't count toward my first capture. Actually, that's probably a good thing, considering it's a Pidgey.

aktGNiQ.png
A few Pidgey later and Scot learns Smokescreen.

Ekx4Wpx.pngZTAle56.pngzlZYaaq.pngzsr7rNF.png
We also talk to a few people. Also, it seems they're scared of...of...tall grass!
tumblr_m6vi8yxysD1r9uyl8o1_500.gif

iMmPifC.png
Also, Potions are nice.

nLePUEv.png
Hey, you're not allowed to break the fourth wall here!

FZTpWIr.pngW2qjd6R.png
Route 46 - A way home that runs from the base of the mountains to the plains.
Nothing but a dead end.

8TTIkOD.png
If you talk to him at night, he tells you he's waiting for Pokémon that only appear in the day. I think he just likes standing there.

dW6xO1V.png
Maybe he's guarding this. Whatever it is.

wJfoqFQ.png
Cherrygrove City - A city where you can smell small flowers and a sea breeze.
This seems like a nice place.

BGM
KPgGfCC.png
Can we not and say we did?

3fsZ4U9.png
Seems I have no choice in the matter. This is an outrage! I may be a newbie trainer, but I learned a few things watching anime. Like the fact that electric attacks are strong against Onix. That's totally true, right?

K8afjIj.png
This guy is fast. He must have the Running Shoes too.

tezEr4I.pngswnFkbm.png
So I can buy Poké Balls here? That'll be my next stop after I heal my Pokémon, probably.

Ksn16uy.png9JXMPLf.pngbvNThy8.png
Hey, that's where I need to go! Now I know to leave from the only exit in town.

NWblODY.png
Stop with the puns. Please. You're not funny.

zDWBEZ7.pngtgoBPNT.png
Yay... I can fish for Magikarp now. Just what I always wanted.

BGM
pn75WV6.png
Let's heal up first before we get too excited.

7myoO17.png7NY3Gqf.png
And talk to people. Seems that they like the PC. No, not the Pokémon Center, but the personal computer. A place to store Pokémon if you get sick of looking at them or get too greedy.

BGM
b5CVq00.png
Well, that's probably true. It is quite fun walking around with my cute little Cyndaquil. :3

XRwOawh.png5JKRLQd.pngAkTO596.png
More random facts that I totally didn't know before.

iGdJXMw.pngX3y2s0W.png
Good thing you're not playing a nuzlocke like I am. Huh, fourth wall? What is that?

3ZVhbZy.pngjdlF16C.png
Nah. Sounds like too much work. I just wanna explore the world. You know, see the sights and stuff.

9EO0wqL.png
Good on you, kid. It's good to have a dream, no matter how unlikely. Seriously, there are only eight gym leaders in a region, and how many people?
Actually, there aren't that many people, now that I think about it. But still.

fVFq89m.png
And where the roofs are cherry red.

Anyway, let's go visit the mart. I wanna buy some Poké Balls fina--
RLPuUv0.png
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

LPDANKH.png5RebmnB.pngHWcCgnH.png
I DON'T CARE. DO YOU NOT SEE THE CRISIS WE HAVE HERE?!

MEUEY2Y.pngDBVeL0G.png
This crisis.

Well, I decide to continue onward and hopefully by the time I return, there will be more Poké Balls in stock.
6dRoMYd.png
Of course, that's when I get called out.

11NdtUB.png
You okay, old man?

dqyxlkq.png1mNwPbg.pngVmv3Cxm.png
Oh, uhh...thanks?

DAC9CtG.png
Thanks! I'll try my best to avoid all gym leaders and such with my new map. I'd rather just walk with my Pokémon, honestly.

Anyway, that's where we'll leave it off. See y'all next time, on Seth Plays Pokémon Storm Silver!

[spoiler=Team]

cyndaquil.png

Yes mortal, suffer in the confines of bandwagoning hell as you go through the pokemon world pointing out all the oddities in it. By the way, I like your bag.

You suck. XP

Did you know: Pikachu is an evolved Pokemon.

Well, if I didn't before, I know now. XD

Part 3 - Meeting idols and squares
I know these updates are pretty short, but at least that way you get them faster.

[spoiler=I still haven't managed to catch any Pokémon yet]

BGM
xePNfzp.png
Route 30 - A grassy path where you can battle other young Trainers.
And here we are. Soon we'll be able to get to Mr. Pokémon's house, and I'll be able to explore the region with Cyndaquil. Looking forward to it!

a2sjanK.png
As you can see, this hack has pretty much jam-packed the routes with Pokémon. It'll make finding a Pokémon more exciting, as I have more options.

TSRd03A.pngjZ2tyRS.pngPaYDAxd.pngR3J2Pxe.png
I always wondered if this applies to future games. For instance, the latest ones. If I run around, will it attract more Pokémon? I've looked it up, but I never got a concrete answer.

WsziDoo.png
Is this Mr. Pokémon's house? But I think the Guide Gent told me it was further down the route. So probably not. Wonder who lives here?

6vdu7mw.pngLlSC0v0.png
Yeah, I was just kind of curious to see who lived here.

PAvi196.png
Ape what? As in Planet of the Apes?

fip3j32.png
Oh, those weird-looking trees I've seen around.

3iKU15E.pngM9VDu0f.pngUw0dLpR.png
They sound useful. I could probably use them if I ever ran out of Poké Balls, or if the Pokémon Mart is out of stock! Do you have any balls on you? No? Darn...

Ai2D8sP.png
Is it a Poké Ball?!

NzKSOHD.pnggbpBSR4.pngJrauudo.png
Well, uh...that works, I guess. Can't really get Apricorn balls without Apricorns. Thanks, random older dude.

aKor6ui.png
And how do I repay the nice man for giving me an Apricorn Box? By stealing his Apricorn.

fPAdl2y.pngicLYUrA.pnguv9pDqi.pngM056wPV.png
There's also a kid blocking the road trying to catch a Pokémon. I kind of wanted to go through, but I guess I'll head the other way instead.

Game Boy BGM
D8BHbKB.png
After somehow getting lost despite there only being two roads, I finally find where I need to go! Also, it's nighttime now. rip

kU4dGxp.png
After a bit of a walk, I take the Pink Apricorn from Mr. Pokémon's yard. Hopefully he won't notice. Also, looks like there is somebody outside his house.

NUjTgcz.pngSKK4qm6.pnglrYO5Nl.png
Oh, are you an acquaintance of Mr. Pokémon then?

oX0nP2N.png
Cynthia...Cynthia...why does that name sound so familiar? Oh, well. I'm sure it's nothing. She's probably not anybody famous or anything like a League Champion.

pjd9Eh0.pngQsejQmn.png
What are you talking about?

61p4nvU.png0HTzOcW.pngP7bIABa.pngeK1m5ow.pngJJjvxpT.png
A god, huh? Sounds terrifying, to be honest.

CmXZUpf.pngnpkjiZd.png
Oh really? That's...very interesting.

wJgbm7r.pngdyZbzn6.png
Were they as dashing as me? Did they have a cool hat like I do?

zMAZEgG.png
Thanks, but I think I'm fine with just doing regular, normal things. You know, things that don't require much effort.

FIBuJ4e.pnglIyeOLQ.png
Well, I'm not going to turn down a free gift!

zoR4Tz9.png
Especially not this!

1VRgieQ.png
Apparently Dechen means "great happiness" in Tibetan. Well, I'm pretty happy right now, so that fits!

XTkViYW.pngtO3MVos.pngN0lwCxD.png
No clue. I'll have to see how its stats look. Wouldn't want to evolve it to an Espeon if it's a physical attacker.

z9n84Qb.png
See ya! Thanks for the Eevee!

ZqUqmHu.png
Anyway, time to enter the house now.

shg46aD.png
Oh hey, two people! Which one is Mr. Pokémon, though? Also, isn't that a weird name? Mr. Pokémon?

hx9WENP.pngIa5eo3V.png
Oh, so you're Mr. Pokémon.

wNcjoJR.pngI6cpbw4.pngnSIICK5.png
Whoa, thanks! I was getting pretty hungry. Wait, I'm not supposed to eat it?

sDwvKY0.png72XFa8Q.png
Uhh, looks like an ordinary egg to me.

rgbNAyD.pngA2Cn5tj.pngzIi3bxV.png
Sounds like even the famous Professor Oak acknowledges Professor Elm. That's pretty great. Did you know he has his own talk show and everything? I like to listen to it sometimes.

fyxLkef.pngvqbAxuR.png
Hey, thanks. I needed that.

BGM
9JPDTGl.pngw5Xe8Ci.pngUnl8uAM.png
What.

vXostMW.png
Uhh, it's an honor to meet you in person and all, Mr. Professor Oak sir.

qavG1CE.pngENcQWsP.png
Dang, Mr. Pokémon has friends in high places.

oVruzMf.pngQ5j6tg7.pngU9Vd70b.png
You do?

LrbThTx.png
Well, I'm flattered that you think that.

epuTmpi.pngcwWPdvT.png
Oh, I see what this is about. You want me to do something for you.

RgN9pLB.pngKK0fNH1.pngvnS222O.pngikmd1zy.png
WAIT, I'M GETTING A POKÉDEX?!

aOEIIUs.pngR5ZecSo.pngZEOWOM1.png
I admire how you can do two things at once that must take up a lot of your time.

Q2EPlN2.png
You're starting to sound like that woman I met outside.

t7oG584.pngnxKATu5.png
OMFG I EXCHANGED NUMBERS WITH THE PROFESSOR OAK! ADKSFJAPWDKJFALKSDFJA!!

jj8cVW2.png
Okay. Breathe. In and out. In. Out.

GbqQLfi.pngL0BhhGk.png
No, it's fine. I got to meet my idol, Professor Oak.

wrNdTZB.png
As soon as I step outside, the phone rings. Good timing. Checking up on whether I received the item or not?

zRFO4TV.png
Yes? You sound a bit breathless. What's up?

gUfGutK.pngutmCsm5.pngJec34Br.png4F0Uczi.png
Welp. That was...ominous. Guess I should get back, ASAP.

ymI0Jd3.pngwubygiL.png
But I want to check out my new Eevee. Looks to be a speedy physical attacker. So...probably a Leafeon would work best. Flareon are a bit slower, as well as Umbreon. If its nature suited special attack, then Jolteon could be perfect.
Hmm...Leafeon, huh? That'll be...interesting. Maybe I should renickname all my Pokémon. Scot to Kazo and Dechen to Seth.

Anyway, let's head back to the lab.
8PpVTmJ.png
Hmm?

BGM
a5XvqsW.png
Oh, hey. It's the square from earlier.

bFKMXr8.png4Ag1HiO.pngSAK6Tem.png
I'm not an idiot, so don't treat me like one. Square.

oLfhWOK.png
Well, this escalated quickly.

BGM
WLnPg7g.pngrE9xVZe.png
Wow, you even have your own vs. screen. Doesn't look like you have a name, though.

CWhsoaZ.png
A Totodile? Huh, that was one of the options at the lab.

LlFyG9Y.png
Stop leering at Dechen! :T

gfftD2X.png
You're the one who hasn't made a scratch on my Eevee yet.

4e3kQpz.png
Wow. What a scrub.

oTjUzX0.png
Why would I not be?

xFs5jCK.pngyjI0Kgh.png
Not particularly. Go away.

re9cRKp.png
It's good to have a dream, no matter how unlikely.

tnHQX77.png
Found this on the ground just now. Huh, that picture looks pretty familiar--wait.

9vQPFWR.pngpN2INBP.pngYhyF8ql.png
What is it?

i6GCSce.png5Ao5qZi.png
And why is that such a big deal?

T46Ux6u.png
Whatever, let's just head back to the lab. And so we shall...next time.

[spoiler=Team]
cyndaquil.pngeevee.png

I've known of Dray for quite a while now, since he made hacks like Fire Red Omega, Blaze Black and Volt White, etc., but haven't heard much of this one. Is it fairly new or something? 'Cause it seems pretty cool so far, and I'm already noticing a LOT of neat differences/additions from vanilla HGSS.

For example, how does the Rival's name work in this? Do you input his name after you beat him, then actually look at his Trainer ID (which doesn't happen in the vanilla game, kinda wish it did) before he runs off? 'Cause that's actually pretty rad if that's the case. <3

I think this is his newest hack but it was made back in 2012. There are a few bugs, such as sometimes the overworld sprites turning into Missingno blocks, but other than that, it's really fun.

And no, the Trainer ID was my own edit. ^^; Though it'd be pretty cool if that were actually the case.

Part 4 - Comparisons

[spoiler=Or where I finally am able to catch a Pokémon]

mwun4DU.png
Well, this is the Elm Pokémon Lab. Let's see what waits for us inside...

Game Boy BGM
KknZ8q1.pngFYToUOE.png
What, there's a missing Pokémon? Did it run away?

xNxhh1m.png84OJi1W.pngx6wlWIJ.png
Uhh... I think you're jumping to conclusions, here. Wait, so the Pokémon was stolen?

hbJrCWi.pngahEfdRN.png
Thanks for defending me, Lyra. Guess you're not so bad after all. Professor Elm, on the other hand...why didn't you say anything? :T

fc2GomZ.pngHftyvku.png
Wait...red hair?

nH2WfDa.png
Hey, I battled a guy with red hair.

kzY9YuU.pngxiDEvSP.png
A name? Hmmm...I think it was.

yUwx6lR.png
Yes, it was Butts. What, you don't believe me?

ygJKgrX.png
Okay, fine, this was the real name.

iAdq21Y.png
Policeman: Makes more sense than Butts. Who would ever name their kid that?
Me: A horrible parent.

lEwN3AZ.png7Mg6xXi.png
No problem.

9lEd7gb.png
Policeman: He doesn't have red hair...all right then.
Aide: I'm Professor Elm's aide! Sheesh!

Iehg0j1.pngJ21aekV.pngyylA8HV.png
Yeah, see ya. You're not so annoying when you're being helpful, I guess. You still look like a bad Mario clone.

JfxYmjz.png
It really is. Sheesh, can we not trust anybody in this world anymore?

JA82Vlx.png
Attention span of a caffeinated Sentret, I tell ya.

h1foU7R.pngKKAJu4J.pnge4SfeWg.png
That's what I said, too.

LJitJfC.png
I got that.

A2xFFiu.pngOXF65TR.png
All right, cool. It was getting kind of heavy. Also...GUESS WHO I MET?!

PXTXkrT.pngEGDxSCQ.pngkH8giaW.png
I KNOW RIGHT?!

gIuucI8.png0WDIeXP.pnghsgNs2s.png
Hey! You mean "different" in a good way, right? :T

idDRyWA.pngnYgQ34K.png
Ugh, sounds like a pain...

LEKgSeO.pngZgQVvi7.png
Again, sounds like too much work.

UaM4mid.png
Yeah, you get me.

OhC9K6m.pngW2YP36E.png
I certainly could. Whether I will or not is another matter.

mpPIQ9V.pngPg0LLj3.png
It certainly will be, another reason I won't be doing it.

mRjZtK0.png
All right. I should probably remind her to take her medication, too.

JrHwm6d.pngKTFgaui.pngPAH1ej3.png
Well, that's not ominous at all.

Game Boy BGM
gykPsyd.pngz7qr03v.pngDDscMdR.png4XzC4Tn.png
This sounds like a horrible idea, but sure! Just make sure not to spend it on shopping sprees.

yNdSsB4.pngJis0q6D.pngmMnXVoz.png
Aww, thanks Mom. I'll try my best. :)

Game Boy BGM
rfuoGdK.png
Lyra? You're still here?

Aj2zEpJ.png870V7Rv.png
Oh, were you waiting for me?

pBEN3Mg.pngw2Uxprp.png
Yes, I do know this. Goddamnit Lyra, this is why I can't stand either you or your father. Just when you were starting to redeem yourself, too.

gX60FlX.png
Are you listening to me?

3eWAIMx.png2SPzbjO.png

Ozm2HBf.png
You kind of were. You've always been that way, though. Getting cool Pokémon of your own, going ahead, and leaving me in the dust.
That's another reason I don't want to do the Gym Challenge. Whatever I do will just be compared with you.

bbZ9ZOa.png
Can we just...not?

uOY1XoC.png
I...I do actually. You noticed that, huh?

KqFdbSa.pngTOrK3jX.png
...Thanks.

oxkfPBp.png
See you.

ANYWAY. You uhh, saw nothing. For now, let's go catch a Pokémon! And now that we have the Pokédex, I can tell you all about the Pokémon that we'll come across. So it's time...for Seth's Pokémon Talk!
MGxA5DH.png
Wurmple - Wurmple is a fairly weak Pokémon with piss-poor defenses. It has a limited movepool, like most of the starting bug-type Pokémon, however it makes up for it with its ability to evolve into two different Pokémon, which is pretty cool. The evolutions themselves aren't that good, however.
Wurmple, huh? Well, it's not the best Pokémon out there, but it can still be useful. Wonder which I'll get, Beautifly or--

F7K5v9e.png
...All right then.

Now let's see what I missed out on getting...
rUcsVlN.png
Rattata - Another weak Pokémon, Rattata is usually reviled as the original "junk" Pokémon. Its popularity has gone up with the Joey meme and nuzlockes, where people have discovered that Hyper Fang can be pretty good.

njIlou9.png
Bidoof - I used to hate Bidoof. But after Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, I grew to like it. It's cute in an ugly way, and it evolves into one of the best HM slaves out there.

xe9NB0R.pnggzOpRZk.png
So, unsatisfied with my nonexistent haul, I decide to head back up to Route 46 and see if I can catch anything.

Game Boy BGM
XbE4val.png
And find this little guy...err...girl.
Clefairy - Known for being fairy-ly rare, Clefairy have a decent movepool, which somewhat makes up for their lack of bulk. Its access to healing moves makes it pretty useful, though.

mHwMkBu.png
This is where I learn that Pokémon don't like to be captured.

2uQDOUq.png
However, as you can see, we triumphed in the end! I waited for it to use Growl a couple times before I started attacking though. I've learned my lesson from last time! Dechen's high attack IV makes him rather dangerous to use to capture Pokémon.

UmKkc5T.png
Did you know that they were originally going to give Ash a Clefairy instead of a Pikachu? If you didn't before, then you do now.

hW3Ws0t.png
Also her name is Greet, short for Margaret. Margaret the Clefairy sounds weird, and Greet doesn't sound much better. Still, it's a name, I guess.

Let's check out the dex entries for my other Pokémon.
jS493tl.png
Cyndaquil - Cyndaquil's not the strongest Pokémon out there, and it's fairly fragile. I'm a little worried that Scot will die by the closest stiff breeze, though his highest IV is HP, so maybe not. Cyndaquil can pack a punch with some of its moves, though.

IJvtxif.png
Eevee - One of the more unique Pokémon, Eevee is also one of the most popular. To be honest, I think it and Eeveelutions are overrated, which might sound surprising, coming from an Eeveelution, but it's true. There's just a lot of hype around them that I think could be directed toward other Pokémon as well. Most of the Pokémon fanfiction stories or RPs I read have Eeveelutions. I don't know, sometimes I want to read about something else other than an Eevee or its evolution.

Su3NTPK.pngwwxAss9.png
I find out that my Clefairy is actually a pretty good one to have, stat-wise. I also find out that it's holding a Moon Stone, which is a 5% chance, and that hasn't changed on the hack. So if I ever want to evolve it, I can. But that won't be for a while, probably, considering Clefable doesn't learn many moves at all.

Also, you might have noticed that it's fairy type. Yes, indeed, I downloaded an edited version of the hack which includes the fairy type. Mainly because I do like the inclusion of the fairy type, and if I play this game and get used to there not being a fairy type, that could be trouble when I go back to playing Moon.

Anyway, I go up to Route 30.
WVXjl0N.png
And catch a Seedot! Maybe even the same one I saw last episode.

dA4G0VZ.png
Seedot - While not a very impressive Pokémon, Seedot's Chlorophyll ability and access to Sunny Day make it a viable Pokémon. I'll probably be getting a lot of usage out of this Pokémon, though this does throw a wrench into my Leafeon plans. Or maybe they could work off of each other. That'd could work.

kW0ob5A.pngIb5cdnq.png
Once again, I get a good nature/IV. This nuzlocke is spoiling me so far. Maybe to make up for the Wurmple I wasn't able to catch. Also, you might have noticed that this Seedot knows Bullet Seed and Quick Attack, which give it some utility. Normally, you would have to wait until it reaches level 13 before it learns another attacking move besides Bide.

Also, I named it Arke. Arke the acorn. That works.

Now, let's see what I missed...
0oOJEwq.png
Surskit - Cute and speedy, Surskit's unique typing give it an edge over many other bug types. However, its actual attacking skills are somewhat mediocre, plateauing quickly, even after evolution. Some people are a fan of it, though.

I2bJt8N.png
Caterpie - Caterpie's kind of...uhh...bad. Soft, squishy, and weak. Easy prey for any predatory birds. Evolution makes it tougher, though.

zYCptOB.png
Spinarak - Insomnia and Toxic Spikes make this Pokémon somewhat useful. It's also pretty cute. Just look at that cute little face on its abdomen.

a3ZKq5A.png
Anyway, I'll leave this off with a team roster. See y'all next time!

[spoiler=Team]
cyndaquil.pngeevee.pngclefairy.pngseedot.png

Archived