[Contest] At least one word, a Farewell

mitchermitcher

With Valentines coming up, a love story would've been a no-brainer. However, love is a boring contest prompt, apparently!

Instead let's write about farewells. People leaving presidency, people leaving moderating positions, people leaving their loved ones behind, people leaving the world, anything goes. Farewells can be incredibly tragic under the right (or rather, wrong) circumstances, but they can also be jovial and humorous, as one looks forward to their next meeting together.

Submit a story by the 15th of February. No more than around 5000 words, the story must be a standalone with a proper ending. No fanfiction, no plagiarizing, PM the story to me because I won't be entering for sure. Winner gets something, will negotiate with mods later if rewards are so important to getting people to write.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very likely that the 15th has ended everywhere in the world by now(funk timezones), therefore I am glad to announce that the only entry I received, that will automatically win this contest of the highest honor, was this piece.

It had been 3 long minutes of hard work and dedication, but finally, it was done. YCMaker stood alongside his Cardcar D, looking across the horizon to the land of YCM where once he had not meant to offend.

"It is the 2017..." he whispered into the air, a single tear rolling down his poorly administrated cheek.

With a lump in his throat and regret in his heart, he bid it farewell and drove away into the sunset.

The End.

Everyone is now encouraged to provide constructive criticism of this work of art, submitted by no one other than our very own boy Enguin. YCM is dead

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, it won a prize didn't it?

... ON THAT NOTE, how about for a next contest instead of giving away points you take them away? Lemme explain.

Everyone has to pay 1k points to enter. If you have less than 1k, give them all in. If you submit ANYTHING at all, you get your points back. If you don't submit anything, host keeps the money (and/or gives it to the winner of first prize). That way, the contest owner either ends up getting some stories, or ends up getting some free points. It's a win-win no matter what happens. ;D

Archived