Mini Modding

·Toot

Not sure if this is possible on this type of forum, but I was wondering. Wouldn't be useful if the poster could manipulate their thread to their heart's extent? 

I mean, we can lock our own threads now and that's nice, but what about maintaining the content? Would it be possible if we were allowed to block users from posting in a thread? I don't mean block them from your profile so you can't see their posts and they can't see your's. Say someone is spamming or going way off topic in the thread and continues to do so after warnings and junk. It'd be nice to be able to delete their posts yourself and block them from posting in the thread in the future. It'd be helpful wouldn't it? Mostly for Clubs, RPs, Contests and a few others I'm to lazy to mention. 

I don't know... just a random thought. 

This could easily come with power abuse. Someone doesn't like another member posting on their thread in general even though it was a perfectly fine post? deleted and there's nothing they can really do about it. Probably just better to message a mod and ask them to talk to the user and keep them from posting in your thread.

This could easily come with power abuse. Someone doesn't like another member posting on their thread in general even though it was a perfectly fine post? deleted and there's nothing they can really do about it. Probably just better to message a mod and ask them to talk to the user and keep them from posting in your thread.

But no one is really that petty are they? I mean with the exception of Misc, I feel like this could work anywhere. Maybe making it available to those who have a certain amount of posts or something. 

You're asking if you can prohibit users from posting in your thread?  I mean, you could just block them and you wouldn't see the posts at all.  Idk about this.

Yeah, but you'd be blocking them from everything you do and vice versa. It wouldn't work that way. 

But no one is really that petty are they? I mean with the exception of Misc, I feel like this could work anywhere. Maybe making it available to those who have a certain amount of posts or something. 

Yeah, but you'd be blocking them from everything you do and vice versa. It wouldn't work that way.

You'd be surprised at how many people hold petty grudges and act like this.

I mean yeah people can be a little silly, but I figured if it came down to their thread that they want to maintain, they'd take it a bit seriously. 

But then again everyone here is either too serious or too immature. Well that kills that idea then. Lol

Not sure if this is possible on this type of forum, but I was wondering. Wouldn't be useful if the poster could manipulate their thread to their heart's extent? 

I mean, we can lock our own threads now and that's nice, but what about maintaining the content? Would it be possible if we were allowed to block users from posting in a thread? I don't mean block them from your profile so you can't see their posts and they can't see your's. Say someone is spamming or going way off topic in the thread and continues to do so after warnings and junk. It'd be nice to be able to delete their posts yourself and block them from posting in the thread in the future. It'd be helpful wouldn't it? Mostly for Clubs, RPs, Contests and a few others I'm to lazy to mention. 

I don't know... just a random thought. 

^@Bold: If the user causing trouble would have warnings, that means a mod would most likely already be involved, isn't it?

Giving people permission to deal justice by their own hand sounds dangerous.

I can see the line between an argument and tone the OP doesn't like and real spam getting into gray areas and causing problems of its own.

Sleepy brings up a good point. This shouldn't be an issue in the first place. If the mods aren't keeping this sort of thing under control, the solution isn't to good powers to the members, it is to make sure those who do have power use it correctly.

Also, thinking more on it, is this kind of thing even possible on IPB?

^@Bold: If the user causing trouble would have warnings, that means a mod would most likely already be involved, isn't it?

Giving people permission to deal justice by their own hand sounds dangerous.

I can see the line between an argument and tone the OP doesn't like and real spam getting into gray areas and causing problems of its own.

I don't mean warnings as in forum mod warning points, I mean the OP telling the poster to stay on topic or else. Something like that. 

Also, thinking more on it, is this kind of thing even possible on IPB?

I was wondering the same thing. I figured it'd be a long shot.

Isn't this happening plenty? I mean people are reporting things in Misc they don't like. It's defacto user control at this point anyway

But you can't very well include Misc in this. If anything that would be the only section where this wouldn't be a thing. Just remember the original name of Misc. It still fits, but they used Miscellaneous to make it look better on the forum. 

But you can't very well include Misc in this. If anything that would be the only section where this wouldn't be a thing. Just remember the original name of Misc. It still fits, but they used Miscellaneous to make it look better on the forum. 

No, I was using it to illustrate a pt. The userbase has gotten to such a pt where they're reporting posts in Misc for "shitposts"

It's happening board wide. Minimodding is rampant 

Archived